BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> HAPPY 16TH BIRTHDAY "BABY ONE MORE TIME"., The best selling album by a teenager of all time, WW.
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Tyler
post 12th January 2015, 09:08 PM
Post #1
Group icon
If people hate you, don’t hate them.
User: 67

Dear "...Baby One More Time,"

My oh my have you grown up so fast. It seems like just yesterday you were sporting pigtails and knee-highs, but you've matured into an incredible woman now sporting blonde weaves & leotards (and flannel), and we love you for that.

Today marks your 16th birthday, and while most girls get a padded Victoria's Secret bra and a basket from Bath & Body Works, you're most likely driving your brand new (boom boom baby) Mercedes while your top's down on the strip, looking in the mirror and checkin' on your lipstick.

You have no idea how many times I played "Soda Pop" over the last decade and a half. At least 16 times. And "I Will Be There" is one of my all-time favs.

Thank you for jumpstarting my fabulosity at 10-years-old; my parents really appreciated you teaching me how to tie up my shirts and shimmying.

Happy birthday, "Baby!"

-breatheheavy.com

Britney released her debut album,...Baby One More Time.

1. ...Baby One More Time debuted at the top of the Billboard 200 selling 121,000 units,replacing DMX's Flesh of My Flesh, Blood of My Blood (1998).

2. BOMT spent a total of six non-consecutive weeks at number one, and sold more than 1.8 million copies in its first two months of release in the country.

3.In its 47th week on the Billboard 200, the album held strong at number three, and with sales of over of 10 million copies in the United States alone.The album was later certified Diamond by the Recording Industry Association of America,making Brit the youngest artist to receive that award, breaking Alanis Morissette's record, who was 21 when she released Jagged Little Pill.

4. Britney promoted the album by doing a mall tour. The L'Oreal Mall Tour took place in malls in food courts that were in mostly large cities.

5. In July of of 1999 britney kicked off her first tour, the Baby One More Time tour.

6. BOMT is Britney's' most successful album to date, with worldwide sales over 30 million copies, and is also the best-selling album by a teenage solo artist.

-thanks to the member "Taystee" from Exhale for the write-up biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by TOXIC_AIR: 12th January 2015, 09:10 PM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Tyler
post 12th January 2015, 09:12 PM
Post #2
Group icon
If people hate you, don’t hate them.
User: 67

THE BIRTH OF AN ICON!

My first album ever! What are your memories tied to this album? Favorite track/single? DISCUSS. I still think BOMT could be released today and would still smash!
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 07:45 PM