BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Artist News
15 Pages V  « < 9 10 11 12 13 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Cheryl • Call My Name, 1st Single | 10th June 2012
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Matt Aloud
post May 21 2012, 10:23 PM
Post #201
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 1,286
A week too soon sad.gif Should bring the download forward a week for it.

Listening to Telescope now. Instant heart.gif for me! Telescope > The Flood

Make You Go, Telescope, and Call My Name are all on Deezer now for Orange peeps!
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Hayzayy
post May 22 2012, 07:38 AM
Post #202
Group icon
Who's Daniel btw ?
User: 1,804
"Make you go" is my jam of the week ! I wan't feeling it that much on first listen, but I bloody love it now !

"Telescope" is cute. Cute and depressing ! And damn to short. I won't listen to it on repeat...

+Quote this post
Theonix
post May 26 2012, 06:47 PM
Post #203
Group icon
BUY Phoenix on Amazon / STREAM Phoenix on Spotify
User: 8,661
Rose-tinted glasses, maybe, but that performance was just fantastic! Her dancing has improved a LOT since "Fight for This Love". I can't tell if she mimed, but from the "oh oh oh" bit, I think she was singing live (and quite good too). Are they bringing the release forward though? It's a bit odd to have the biggest performance before the song is even out.

+Quote this post
jark
post May 26 2012, 06:53 PM
Post #204
Group icon
something you consider rare
User: 2,990
Theo. Please tell me you're kidding. sad.gif It was mimed (and not very convincingly) to a pre-recorded vocal. As somebody who must have watched hundreds of popstar performances you should be able to recognise a lip sync/pre-record! It was a good performance in terms of energy I guess. That's about as much as I can say about it.

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post May 26 2012, 07:39 PM
Post #205
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 845
I like the song but was so disapointed she mimed after the whole she is singing live announcement.

+Quote this post
Tommy
post May 26 2012, 08:08 PM
Post #206
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 9,911
It wasn't 100% live, it wasn't 100% mimed. But it was great performance smile.gif

+Quote this post
jark
post May 26 2012, 08:12 PM
Post #207
Group icon
something you consider rare
User: 2,990
QUOTE(Tommy @ May 26 2012, 09:08 PM) *
...it wasn't 100% mimed.

Yes it was. Hence why she didn't use the mic she was holding in her hands to speak to Holly after. Wasn't switched on!

+Quote this post
Tommy
post May 26 2012, 08:18 PM
Post #208
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 9,911
QUOTE(✞✞✞ @ May 26 2012, 10:12 PM) *

Yes it was. Hence why she didn't use the mic she was holding in her hands to speak to Holly after. Wasn't switched on!

omg if mic wasn't switched on whats problem to switch on tongue.gif And if you watched X-Factor you should see that contestants many times use Dermot microphone. Ss it mean that they mimed ?wink.gif I agree with THEO that judging on this "oh oh oh" she was singing live. And during intensive dance routine even Beyonce isn't singing live.

We love you Cheryl smile.gif

This post has been edited by Tommy: May 26 2012, 08:48 PM

+Quote this post
jakewild
post May 26 2012, 11:49 PM
Post #209
Group icon
not 152chris (☻‿☻)
User: 2,790
That swan dive > everything else

+Quote this post
Theonix
post May 27 2012, 11:15 AM
Post #210
Group icon
BUY Phoenix on Amazon / STREAM Phoenix on Spotify
User: 8,661
I missed that as I was out of the room at the time (shock-horror!), but it really was hilarious:

And Jark, artists' microphones are always turned off as soon as they've finished performing on live TV to avoid them forgetting as broadcasting something from backstage... Surely somebody who's watched as many talent shows as you have knows that? biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post May 27 2012, 05:32 PM
Post #211
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 845
It was no way live, even she mimed badly so i dont how anyone can even think she sang live, its a good song but her team screwed her by making a deal of her singing live when clearly she wasnt.

+Quote this post
Hayzayy
post May 27 2012, 06:34 PM
Post #212
Group icon
Who's Daniel btw ?
The song is rocketting up the radio airplay chart, up to #12 this week (+24), and still sitting at #6 on TV airplay ! dance.gif
If only they released it last night sad.gif

This might be my fav performance of Cheryl so far ! SO MUCH energy put into it, even the dancers looked over the moon and enjoying themselves ! And I don't care if the vocals were pre-recorded, surely by album #3 people should get on with it.
I'm totally LOVING this era so far ! wub.gif

+Quote this post
AV102
post May 27 2012, 07:49 PM
Post #213
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 9,835
SO BORED OF PEOPLE DISCUSSING WHETHER SHE SINGS LIVE OR NOT, who cares!? performance is amazing, get overr it!

+Quote this post
pippa
post May 28 2012, 08:38 AM
Post #214
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 14,031
Performing on a show called the VOICE is why people cared she mimed and to be honest i do like her song but it was an absolute joke to mime on such a show.

+Quote this post
Hayzayy
post May 28 2012, 09:23 AM
Post #215
Group icon
Who's Daniel btw ?
QUOTE(pippa @ May 28 2012, 08:38 AM) *
Performing on a show called the VOICE is why people cared she mimed and to be honest i do like her song but it was an absolute joke to mime on such a show.

She could mime on a shitty morning TV show, people would still throw stones at her. "The Voice" thing is just an excuse, and as far as I know, she isn't entering the competition and she isn't even a coach, she is being invited as a performer, and she performed.

3 years on and people are still "surprised/shocked" she is singing over a backing track or using pre-recorded vocals. But YES, that's Cheryl for you. If you can't get on with it, don't watch her performances.

I'm not saying that to be a dick, but it's getting tiresome now. Her performances are all about the OOMPH. Different artists deliver different things. I don't expect Adele to go swan diving, and I don't expect Cheryl to sing a huge ballad flwalessly sitting on a chair. But yet, I can appreciate both kind of performances.

+Quote this post
Martyn
post May 28 2012, 11:13 AM
Post #216
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 66
QUOTE(Hayzayy @ May 28 2012, 10:23 AM) *
She could mime on a shitty morning TV show, people would still throw stones at her. "The Voice" thing is just an excuse, and as far as I know, she isn't entering the competition and she isn't even a coach, she is being invited as a performer, and she performed.

3 years on and people are still "surprised/shocked" she is singing over a backing track or using pre-recorded vocals. But YES, that's Cheryl for you. If you can't get on with it, don't watch her performances.

I'm not saying that to be a dick, but it's getting tiresome now. Her performances are all about the OOMPH. Different artists deliver different things. I don't expect Adele to go swan diving, and I don't expect Cheryl to sing a huge ballad flwalessly sitting on a chair. But yet, I can appreciate both kind of performances.

If she wasn't going to sing live, then she/her people shouldn't have made a massive deal that she was going to, which is why I think people are so annoyed.

+Quote this post
pippa
post May 28 2012, 11:48 AM
Post #217
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 14,031
Yes, that is what i am annoyed with is that her people/management made a big thing about her singing live, and Cheryl Cole would be the first in line to say something if another artist did the same thing. I understand people appreciate different performaces and everyone has different taste, but would you be honestly happy going a Cheryl Cole concert and pay a fairly big amount of money to see her mime?

+Quote this post
Hayzayy
post May 28 2012, 01:05 PM
Post #218
Group icon
Who's Daniel btw ?
QUOTE(pippa @ May 28 2012, 11:48 AM) *
I understand people appreciate different performaces and everyone has different taste, but would you be honestly happy going a Cheryl Cole concert and pay a fairly big amount of money to see her mime?

Well, it wasn't her concert, I didn't pay to see her performing on The Voice, no one has as far as I'm concerned, so I am fairly happy with the intense "free" performance she gave.

And as for the tour (if she ever intends to do one - which sounds difficult with the GA reunion anyway), she could always do a "Beyonce" and only sing bits and boobs here and there, do adlibs and stuff, while dancing her ass off with awesome choregraphies, pyrotechnics and visual effects. That will totally do the trick for me.

+Quote this post
Carlos V
post May 28 2012, 03:10 PM
Post #219
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 7,808
QUOTE(pippa @ May 28 2012, 01:48 PM) *
Yes, that is what i am annoyed with is that her people/management made a big thing about her singing live, and Cheryl Cole would be the first in line to say something if another artist did the same thing. I understand people appreciate different performaces and everyone has different taste, but would you be honestly happy going a Cheryl Cole concert and pay a fairly big amount of money to see her mime?

Cheryl would be the first in line? you really don't know her, do you?

She sang live using a loud backing track, if you want to call that mime, do it, but then call it when Katy Perry, Rihanna and company do it too... or when JLO did it just two weeks ago, although she literally mimed, not backing track or anything.

She did a tour in 2010 with the Peas, she didn't mime...

QUOTE(✞✞✞ @ May 26 2012, 10:12 PM) *

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL her microphone was turned on when she finished her Promise This performance on X Factor, does that mean she sang live? that performance was mimed except a couple of lines, unlike The Voice one when she was singing over a loud backing track.

QUOTE(Martyn @ May 28 2012, 01:13 PM) *
If she wasn't going to sing live, then she/her people shouldn't have made a massive deal that she was going to, which is why I think people are so annoyed.

Her people didn't make a massive deal, and she indeed sang live, if they use tricks as a massive backing track so you can't hear how shaky her voice was when she was jumping doesn't mean it was mimed. You just have to hear how every time she sang "name" it sounded "naaiieeiiim" because she couldn't control it and the backing track couldn't hide it.

Big dance routine + loud backing track >>>>>>>>> standing behind a micro

I enjoyed her "Set the fire to the third bar" performance, but I don't want that all the time, I'm not a fan of hers for that kind of performance... plus that song was great for Cheryl's vocal range.

This post has been edited by Carlos V: May 28 2012, 03:23 PM

+Quote this post
Slick
post May 28 2012, 04:24 PM
Post #220
Group icon
electric butterflies
Pronouns: he/him
User: 70
I am a pretty big Cheryl critic (although I do love her) and I thought her performance was bloody good. The swan dive entrance, the dancing, the song sounded great (mimed or not) - I just thought it all screamed 'superstar comeback'. Of course live vocals are always an issue with Cheryl, but I'm happy with that performance. It seems pretty well-received so I don't understand why they didn't make it available immediately.

+Quote this post

15 Pages V  « < 9 10 11 12 13 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 11:03 AM