BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> My Favourite TV Characters 2008-2017, New Format page 2
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
diva thin muffin
post Nov 4 2017, 11:17 AM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Pronouns: he/him
User: 12,837
My Favourite TV Characters 2008-2017
The Top 200 Countdown

TV Shows have been getting better and better recently and the quality is steadily going upwards with the introduction of streaming services who don't have to worry about such things as staying within the 40 minute limit or making sure they please everyone as to not lose any ratings. To celebrate this I have decided to count down my favorite TV characters of the past ten years. What that means is I'll be counting down characters who were either main cast members or had numerous appearances on TV Shows that debuted in the past ten years (2008 and onwards). The first 100 will be whitted down rather quickly with 10 being revealed at a time but I'll go into a little more detail once I reach the Top 100.

Some things I feel like I should point out beforehand:
  • This list is going to be very vagina heavy so be aware of that. I feel a lot of female characters are a lot more often less one dimensional than the male characters but that is of course not always the case. I expect the ratio M:F to be somewhere around 20:80 but I haven't checked so I could be way off.
  • Some famous and great characters may be missing off this list solely based on the fact that I haven't seen the show (I'll be listing down TV shows later which feature at least one character in the Top 200 so if you don't see your favourite TV show there feel free to ask why no one is included).
  • I decided to omit TV shows which feature new storylines every season (eg. American Crime, American Horror Story) because it was tough for me to rank them against characters from shows which follow the same story for numerous seasons. Similarly I haven't necessarily seen all seasons of the shows (eg. I have only seen season 1 and 2 of AHS)
  • Remember this is solely based on my personal opinion and am I in no way saying that the characters listed are in fact the best or worst. Please be civil if you disagree with me.
  • It should be a given that this thread will be filled with spoilers so consider yourselves warned.
Before I start the countdown I'll be listing the TV shows featured in the next post. Stay tuned for the first batches this weekend.

This post has been edited by jafetsigfinns: Jan 12 2018, 12:50 PM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
diva thin muffin
post Nov 4 2017, 11:28 AM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
List of TV Shows Featured
  • "13 Reasons Why", 2017 · 3 entries
  • "90210", 2008 · 2 entries
  • "Awkward", 2011 · 6 entries
  • "Big Little Lies", 2017 · 5 entries
  • "Bob's Burgers", 2011 · 5 entries
  • "Broadchurch", 2013 · 2 entries
  • "Community", 2009 · 8 entries
  • "Cougar Town", 2009 · 3 entries
  • "Crazy Ex-Girlfriend", 2015 · 2 entries
  • "Fear the Walking Dead", 2015 · 2 entries
  • "Game of Thrones", 2011 · 21 entries
  • "Glee", 2009 · 10 entries
  • "Happy Endings", 2011 · 6 entries
  • "Harper's Island", 2009 · 2 entries
  • "House of Cards", 2013 · 2 entries
  • "How To Get Away With Murder", 2014 · 6 entries
  • "Looking", 2014 · 1 entry
  • "Marcella", 2016 · 1 entry
  • "Modern Family", 2009 · 7 entries
  • "Mr. Robot", 2015 · 4 entries
  • "New Girl", 2011 · 5 entries
  • "Orange is the New Black", 2013 · 13 entries
  • "Parks & Recreation", 2009 · 11 entries
  • "River", 2015 · 2 entries
  • "Riverdale", 2017 · 3 entries
  • "Santa Clarita Diet", 2017 · 2 entries
  • "Scandal", 2012 · 1 entry
  • "Scream Queens", 2015 · 4 entries
  • "Scream", 2015 · 2 entries
  • "Shameless (US)", 2011 · 8 entries
  • "Stranger Things", 2016 · 11 entries
  • "Suburgatory", 2011 · 4 entries
  • "Teen Wolf", 2011 · 1 entry
  • "The Fall", 2013 · 2 entries
  • "The Good Place", 2016 · 5 entries
  • "The Killing", 2011 · 2 entries
  • "The Leftovers", 2014 · 1 entry
  • "The Mentalist", 2008 · 3 entries
  • "The Strain", 2014 · 4 entries
  • "The Vampire Diaries", 2009 · 5 entries
  • "The Walking Dead", 2010 · 5 entries
  • "Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt", 2015 · 3 entries
  • "Westworld", 2016 · 5 entries

+Quote this post
DalekTurret32
post Nov 4 2017, 11:31 AM
Post #3
Group icon
FIVE YEARS OF THE TURRET 15-20
User: 21,666
Looking forward to this

For Westworld, I'm expecting Man In Black and Maeve Millay.
Bob's Burgers is the only animated program on there. I've seen quite a lot of episodes of that show and I enjoyed it. Some of my favourites have to be Carpe Museum, The Kids Rob A Train and Bob And Deliver

+Quote this post
diva thin muffin
post Nov 4 2017, 12:26 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

200. Emma Duval from Scream: The TV Series (2015)

xxxOrigin: Lakewood, USA
xxxRole: Leading Role
xxxShow Rank: 2nd out of 2 characters
xxxAge: Teen / Young Adult
xxxAllegience: Good
xxxGenre: Horror / Drama

CODE
Emma comes from an interesting TV show. I loved the show but I wasn't so keen on many of the characters so only two of them feature on this list. It's not exactly that they aren't necessarily likeable but moreso that many of them are just forgettable so it's easy not to care for them. I guess that means it's good that they're doing a total rehaul of the show for next season but Emma is someone I will kind of miss. I mean, for a leading character she's completely bland and doesn't have many redeeming traits so that puts her right in line with other main characters of teen shows (eg. Lucas from OTH, Serena from Gossip Girl, Annie from 90210) but for some reason I still kind of like her. Maybe it's because unlike the other characters I named she's actually facing real problems rather than easily avoidable issues that could be fixed by just TALKING. THINGS. THROUGH.

Emma sees many of her best friends butchered at the hands of crazy killers and I think by the end of season 2 it's safe to say she really sucks at reading people because she befriends the first murderer and starts dating the second one (around the same time as her much hotter ex-boyfriend is brutally murdered before her eyes) so I mean maybe that's just a little bit on her? She does have her badass moments though once she finally realizes who is killing all her friends.

TOP QUOTE
Emma Duvall: That's a little cliché, don't you think? I don't NEED a hero! I'm Emma Duval!

This post has been edited by jafetsigfinns: Nov 4 2017, 12:29 PM

+Quote this post
diva thin muffin
post Nov 4 2017, 12:33 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
QUOTE(DalekTurret32 @ Nov 4 2017, 11:31 AM) *
Looking forward to this

For Westworld, I'm expecting Man In Black and Maeve Millay.
Bob's Burgers is the only animated program on there. I've seen quite a lot of episodes of that show and I enjoyed it. Some of my favourites have to be Carpe Museum, The Kids Rob A Train and Bob And Deliver

Glad you're excited about this and I hope you enjoy the countdown!
Westworld was such a great show and has 5 representatives but even then there are numerous characters I liked and would have wanted to feature but the list would be just a bit too long then haha.
Bob's Burgers is indeed the only animated program and in fact I was reluctant to start watching it because I'm not really big on those shows (only really enjoy a handful of animated TV shows such as Futurama and Drawn Together) but I absolutely love Bob's Burgers and pretty much everyone on it. It's my go-to TV Show when I need to watch something over dinner biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
Klaus
post Nov 4 2017, 12:37 PM
Post #6
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
User: 17,160
omg no Emma is DREADFUL, she's so bland and makes everything about her. She's in my least of worst ever characters!

+Quote this post
HarryBorelli
post Nov 4 2017, 12:42 PM
Post #7
Group icon
The Lady Said Go Home!
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 20,835
Emma is good although Brooke >>

+Quote this post
diva thin muffin
post Nov 4 2017, 12:51 PM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

199. Jaime Lannister from Game of Thrones (2011)

xxxOrigin: Casterly Rock, Westeros
xxxRole: Starring Role
xxxShow Rank: 21st out of 21 characters
xxxAge: Early 40s
xxxAllegience: Evil leaning Good
xxxGenre: Fantasy / Drama

CODE
I have a feeling this will be a controversial cut but hear me out. Jaime has been growing on me a lot recently but man was he dreadful to begin with. Not only did he push a kid out the window in the very first episode, he also has an incestuous relationship with his sister (and later kind of rapes her in front of their dead kid), he has a big part in Ned's death (being the one who captured him) and has stood by his deranged sister's side for the majority of her slow descent to insanity. On top of all that he was a right prick for the first few seasons and has really only become likeable in my opinion recently which is what helps him make the Top 200.

Jaime's character has grown a lot recently and his decision at the end of season 7 to leave his sister's side was one I applauded because it showed tremendous strength and was something I certainly was not expecting him to do. It'll be exciting to see where Jaime's journey leads him in the final season (which I'm almost positive he's not gonna survive) but all in all he's become a hell of a lot more enjoyable than he was to begin with.

TOP QUOTE
Jaime Lannister: The things I do for love. (proceeds to push Bran out of the window)

+Quote this post
diva thin muffin
post Nov 4 2017, 01:19 PM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

198. Gayle from Bob's Burgers (2011)

xxxOrigin: Seymour's Bay, New Jersey
xxxRole: Guest Role
xxxShow Rank: 5th out of 5 characters
xxxAllegience: Insane but Neutral
xxxGenre: Animation / Comedy

CODE
Gayle is one of a very select group of non-starring entries on this list as she absolutely nailed every appearance on Bob's Burgers as Linda Belcher's insane catlady sister Gayle. She's this overly paranoid lady who absolutely obsesses over everything she decides is obsession worthy. Megan Mullaly (Karen from Will and Grace) nails this character who, despite only appearing about 15 times in the series run so far, is such a standout character because she's absolutely hilarious. Plus - everyone has an Aunt Gayle. Gayle is this ultra stereotypical crazy cat lady pushed to the extremes as she's so desperate to find a man she literally attacks the first guy to even look her way.

TOP QUOTES
Gayle: Louise, what a surprise! I'm so glad it's you and not a murderer.

Linda Belcher: So, where's the mystery man?
Gayle: Oh, he's running a little late.
Gayle: He got held up at work.
Gayle: Or maybe he's dead! OH GOD HE'S DEAD!!

+Quote this post
diva thin muffin
post Nov 4 2017, 02:03 PM
Post #10
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
For reference here are the shows I considered but ultimately feature no characters on the list..

American Crime, 2015
This is a very well produced TV show with some tremendous acting from Felicity Huffman and Lili Taylor to name a few but ultimately none of the characters stand out as some of the best characters of the past ten years but also because as I said earlier I decided not to include anthology shows.

American Gods, 2017
Well produced but the main reason why I didn't include anyone from this show is because I only really made it to episode 3 before I kind of gave up on it. Not really my cup of tea but I loved Gillian Anderson as the media god so I would probably feature her on this list had I finished the season.

American Horror Story, 2010
Again, like with American Crime, this is an anthology series and therefore is ineligible for the countdown. I have also only seen the first two seasons but in both of them we have some great characters portrayed by Evan Peters and Jessica Lange and more who deserve all the great praise they have been getting. I really need to get to watching the following seasons.

Bates Motel, 2013
Although Vera Farmiga is great as Norma Bates she failed to crack the top 200 as the only real contender from what I've seen of the show (I only saw the first season). Although he portrays him well I just really cannot stand the actor who plays Norman so he was never going to feature here.

Black Mirror, 2011
Great show but again - no anthology seasons will be featured here. This is more mini movies than TV episodes really too, so there would be no way to pick any characters from here.

Designated Survivor, 2016
Haven't even finished the first season of this but it's pretty good. Very bland characters though so no one has really stuck out to me yet.

Drop Dead Diva, 2009
Thought of featuring Jane but I really can't recall much about this show because I haven't watched it in like 7 years (and that was mainly just second-hand watching through my best friend who loved this) so I couldn't even do a proper write up haha.

Frequency, 2016
Really enjoyed this but ultimately neither Raimy nor her father (or any other character for that matter) felt memorable and they're all really one-dimensional and predictable so although they featured on the shortlist they were way off the mark for the Top 200.

Fringe, 2008
This show has the same problem as Frequency really. I like this show a lot but none of the characters have any real merit and in fact I kind of dislike all the main characters bar Olivia (who is still just very meh).

Girlboss, 2017
I watched this entire show when it came out but man what a bunch of unlikeable characters. No one came even close to featuring on this list lol.

GLOW, 2017
Haven't finished this yet but both Ruth and Debbie were good characters. Ultimately this show just had a bit too boring of a premise for me to finish it so neither made the Top 200 since I never finished and don't think I ever will.

iZombie, 2015
Alright show and Olivia is a fun character but I never watched this religiously and almost always just with one eye so she didn't make the cut. I don't even recall any of the other characters except her hot BF so she was their only shot.

Jane the Virgin, 2014
Here we have the same problem as with iZombie. Jane is a funny character but I don't think I've even finished the first season so there was no chance she'd make the cut over so many characters that I got much more invested in.

Mindhunter, 2017
Gave up on this after the first episode. I don't really find Jonathan Groff believable in this role, especially after watching him (and his appetite*) in Looking.

* Seriously all he does on that show is just eat and complain lol.

Sense8, 2015
I wanted to like this show - I really did. I just couldn't. None of the characters are that likeable (especially Riley, ugh) and the whole "let's speak english to fellow natives" thing was just annoying. The only characters who had a chance to feature were Lito and Will but that's pretty much only because they're hot.

Slasher, 2016
Anthology show so.. no. But also season one was terrible but I just started on season two and it's a LOT more promising so maybe if I do this again in a year I might add some characters from here. Just maybe.

The Handmaid's Tale, 2017
Only seen a few episodes so far so it's too early to feature this here. Maybe in a year I'll have finished it.

The Man in the High Castle, 2015
VERY interesting prospect of a TV show, very well produced and good acting but for some reason none of the characters are all that likeable.

The Mindy Project, 2012
This has the comedy problem that iZombie and Jane the Virgin have in the sense that I never watched this religiously (only a couple of episodes here and there) so it's impossible for me to rank any of the characters.

The OA, 2016
I kind of liked this but I was really not so keen on the characters here. Still haven't finished actually so maybe I should get to watching the final few episodes and then something might change.

The Returned (US), 2015
I definitely liked this but it feels incomplete since they cancelled it after the first season. None of the characters were standouts though so I found it hard to feature any of them. My favourite was probably Claire or Helen.

The Sinner, 2017
Haven't gotten around to watching more than the pilot here so it's way too early to judge so far.

The X Files (Reboot), 2016
Felt like cheating to feature this since all the characters are from the original run but this felt so much better than the original series to me.

United States of Tara, 2009
Been wayy too long since I watched this so I couldn't write anything about the characters as much as I wanted to. Tara, Kate and Marshall were all contenders though but none of them made the Top 200 solely because I can't remember what kind of characters they really were lol.

Wet Hot American Summer, 2015
Same as with X Files. Based on a much older subject with almost all characters returning. Also such a mess that it's hard to judge any of the characters based on this lmao.

+Quote this post
Josh!
post Nov 4 2017, 02:08 PM
Post #11
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692
I don't watch nearly enough TV to know many of these characters (I think I've only seen 13 Reasons Why & Santa Clarita Diet from your shortlist! laugh.gif) but I'll definitely be checking back in to see what I do know and where they land in your countdown.

I think my top three in 13RW would be Clay, Hannah and Justin (although Jessica was great too). Drew Barrymore in SCD to be as high as possible too pls!!

+Quote this post
diva thin muffin
post Nov 4 2017, 05:00 PM
Post #12
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

197. Jeff Winger from Community (2009)

xxxOrigin: Greendale, Colorado
xxxRole: Leading Role
xxxShow Rank: 8th out of 8 characters
xxxAge: Late 30s
xxxAllegience: Self-Absorbed but Good
xxxGenre: Sitcom

CODE
Community featured 7 people of very diverse backgrounds attending the same community college in Greendale, Colorado. The leader of that group and most of their zany shananigans was Jeff Winger: charismatic, handsome and incredibly selfish. Now, just because I chose to cut Jeff before any of the other six (yes, they're all yet to come) doesn't mean I think the show could have done without him. Jeff is very much the glue that keeps the group together but he's also the fire that's melting the glue to begin with.. a lot of the time at least. But while the show could never have survived without him it also can not work with too much of him, which is why I stopped watching after season five because by that point Pierce, Shirley and Troy had all left which just kind of ruined a huge part of what made the show great.

It's because the show played a lot on the Jeff's-speeches-can-save-the-day cliché for a long time and it worked when there were still six other characters to divert attention from how tired the joke had become but once everyone started leaving the party it just became the Jeff show which was too much for me.

TOP QUOTE
Jeff Winger: For your information I don't have an ego. My Facebook photo is a landscape.

+Quote this post
diva thin muffin
post Nov 4 2017, 05:18 PM
Post #13
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

196. Terri Schuester from Glee (2009)

xxxOrigin: Lima, Ohio
xxxRole: Main Role (season 1); Guest Role (season 2+)
xxxShow Rank: 10th out of 10 characters
xxxAge: Mid 30s
xxxAllegience: Kind of Evil
xxxGenre: Dramedy / Musical

CODE
Way back when Glee first started Terri was immediately one of my favorite characters. She was delusional and hilarious (which obviously runs in the family as we saw when we met her sister Kendra), she provided a great secondary antagonist for the first season and after all was said and done she was still much better than Will. Well, maybe not in terms of who's a better person, but definitely in terms of who is more enjoyable to watch. Will was definitely not without flaws - self-centered, egotistical and worst of all completely self-unaware. Yes, Terri is a terrible person (no pun intended lmao) because she made her husband think she was pregnant when she really wasn't but she did it because she was afraid of losing him which, given how he eye-f***ed Emma every time he saw her, was a very valid fear for her to have. I kind of wish he hadn't found out just to see where it would have taken him lol but really she should have just told him she lost the baby at some point and was too afraid to tell him because she didn't want to lose him. Anyways, Terri > Will, in case that wasn't clear. So, no, he's not featuring on this list lol.

TOP QUOTE
Terri Schuester (on the phone): If I don't get enough sleep my antidepressants won't work and then I'll go crazy and I'll kill you.

+Quote this post
PaulM1983
post Nov 5 2017, 04:47 PM
Post #14
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 6,471
Obviously it's all down to personal taste, but Vera Farmiga's Norma would 100% be on my list. She was absolutely exceptional and stole every scene she was in without even having to say anything.

I get why you've excluded anthology series too. But I'd definitely have included Sister Jude from AHS: Asylum. Her character arc was incredible and I couldn't take my eyes off Jessica Lange. She is electric. Her character in season 3 was also incredible. She had some fantastic one liners.

Great idea for a thread though. I'll be following this one with interest.

+Quote this post
diva thin muffin
post Nov 15 2017, 10:57 AM
Post #15
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

195. Dallas Royce from Suburgatory (2011)

xxxOrigin: Chatswin, New York
xxxRole: Main Role
xxxShow Rank: 4th out of 4 characters

CODE
I'm not sure whether m/any of you have seen Suburgatory, but if you haven't you were missing out. Well, that's true for season one and maybe two at least. The show featured sixteen or so Tessa Altman (played by the underrated Jane Levy) who is forced to move deep into suburbia where she meets a bucketful of colorful stereotypes such as Dallas Royce.

Dallas is not just a trophy wife - she's THE trophy wife. She's incredibly dim and really has no idea how to spend all the money her husband provides her with (she actually has a fridge full of Sugar Free Red Bulls), and it's pretty much all that she wants in life. She's kind of like Amy Poehler's character in Mean Girls dialed just a little bit back. However later we find out her marriage is not as perfect as it looks: SURPRISE her multi-millionare husband is having an affair - despite being way out of Dallas' league - and eventually Dallas begins dating Tessa's father which is what the series had been leading up to for ages since they'd been eye-f***ing each other from the get go. Dallas is a hilarious take on the trophy wife and fits the Hag stereotype that CTS seems to love perfectly so I'm sure most of you would enjoy this character a lot if you give this show a try.

The best thing about Dallas however is obvious: she birthed Dalia Royce into this glorious world and made her into the horrible yet beautiful human being she is in Suburgatory. Thank you for that Dallas. <3

TOP QUOTE
Dallas Royce: You know me Markheez, I'd never leave something as critical as a Halloween costume at the last minute. But this year I was sincerely stumped. Then last night it hit me like Chris Brown.

+Quote this post
diva thin muffin
post Nov 15 2017, 10:59 AM
Post #16
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

194. Rupert "Stiles" Stilinski from Teen Wolf (2011)

xxxOrigin: Beacon Hills, California
xxxShow Rank: Only Character Listed
xxxAge: Young Adult
xxxGenre: Teen Drama

CODE
Oh geez, I'm kind of regretting choosing him to feature in my Top 200 because it's been SO long since I saw this show and I really only saw season one. I can't remember how most of the characters were but I remember I liked Stiles and Derek and I guess it got amped up a bit by Tumblr treating the two as if they were boyfriends lol. I mean they would make a hot couple but lol. Stiles gets a slot maybe mostly because I used to have a crush on Dylan O'Brien before he became this second tier action star and Stiles is a cute character and had his funny moments on a show mostly filled with forgettable faces and one of the least charming leads in TV history.

Idk. It was a mistake featuring him but it's too late to back out now so I guess this is the first of no doubt few entries that feature thanks to the actors being hot male men. Stiles you can get this anyday, just call me back pls.

TOP QUOTE
SCOTT MCCALL: Dude, everyone here's a dude! I think we're in a gay club!
STILES: [Surrounded by drag queens] Man, nothing gets past those keen werewolf senses..

+Quote this post
diva thin muffin
post Nov 15 2017, 11:03 AM
Post #17
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Eliminated Show: Teen Wolf

xxxShow Run: June 5, 2011 – September 24, 2017
xxxGenre: Teen Drama
xxxSeason Count: 6 seasons
xxxEpisode Count: 100 episodes
xxxFeatured Characters:
xxxxx·xx194. Stiles Stilinski

CODE
So once everyone from a certain show has been eliminated I'm gonna do a short write-up about the show and the characters featured so what better show to start that tradition off with than a show I haven't watched for 6 years and only saw the first season of?

Like I already touched on a few times I was never an avid TW fan so there's not a whole lot I can talk about here. The show felt to me more like an Abercrombie & Fitch ad than a believable TV show since all of the guys were really hot and the girls were just forgettable AF.
Not cool. The show follows Tyler Posey (not related to scream queen Parker Posey - FALSE ADVERTISING) and his gang of hot dude bros and some faceless chicks as Tyler and some other guys - namely STUD KING Derek Hale - realize they're actually werewolves so they do a lot of wolf stuff like kill bad guys, go to prom, have relationship drama, j/o on snapchat, and lots of other fun stuff. Also all the guys look like legit A&F models.

Honorable Mentions: Derek Hale and the twins from Desperate Housewives (yes b/c they are all hot - that is all)

This post has been edited by jafetsigfinns: Nov 15 2017, 11:04 AM

+Quote this post
diva thin muffin
post Nov 15 2017, 11:05 AM
Post #18
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

193. Katherine Pierce from The Vampire Diaries (2009)

xxxOrigin: 1500s Bulgaria
xxxAge: approximately 530 years old / Immortal
xxxAllegience: Evil
xxxGenre: Teen Drama / Fantasy

CODE
Originally I was going to place Elena here but I realized she had a very bad case of mopey main character syndrome and I actually liked Nina Dobrev's [i]other[/i] character on the show much more so I'm ranking her instead. Unlike nice little Elena her doppelganger is deliciously evil and is much more entertaining than her human counterpart. I'll admit, same as with Teen Wolf before it, I haven't seen TVD in a long time so it's hard for me to go into specifics on why I liked Katherine, she was just a fun character.

Nina Dobrev gets a lot of hate but I like her. She managed to portray these two characters well enough so that they were even easy to tell apart despite being identical look-wise. I haven't seen anything past like season 3 so I only just now read up on the adventures these two got into in later seasons and lol apparently Katherine's soul got planted into Elena's body at some point before being stabbed out of it or something. Sounds wild but I guess I'll never witness it becuase this show nosedived into boring, predictable teen drama territory real quick after season one.

TOP QUOTE
KATHERINE: I have everything I want, Damon... Or I'm about to. Once that last bell rings, this stupid town will go up in flames, and everybody will go poof. Well, they'll burn alive first, but then their ashes will go poof.

+Quote this post
diva thin muffin
post Nov 15 2017, 11:06 AM
Post #19
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

192. Maxine "Max" Mayfield from Stranger Things (2016)

xxxOrigin: California
xxxShow Rank: 11th out of 11 characters
xxxAge: 13 years old
xxxGenre: Fantasy / Drama

CODE
Max is quite possible the most recent entry in the Top 200 thanks to featuring heavily in the second season of Stranger Things which dropped about 2 weeks ago. Yes I have finished it all already. Yes you should too (maybe just skip episode 7). Max first appears in episode one of season two, after the four boys realize someone called "Madmax" beat Dustin's score on all the arcade games that he was at the top of the leaderboard for. This lead to the boys ogling over her at first before she settled into the role of Lucas' and Dustin's love interest for the majority of the season (ending up with Lucas which made much more sense since Dustin was an idiot this season).

I definitely enjoyed Max but there were a few things which will probably take another seasons to smooth over for me. First of all she has this resting bitch face all season long which got a bit tiring but it's understandable that she was skeptic about the shit Lucas was telling her because lol I'd totally think he was crazy as well. I felt really bad for Max as well due to her obnoxious and psychotic racist stepbrother Billy who in turn is just taking after his own obnoxious and psychotic racist father (Max's stepfather). All-in-all Max was a great addition to the show but most of the other characters are amazing so it'll take some time for her to catch up with them but she already ranks higher than a couple of people from the show.

TOP QUOTE
MAX: (to Lucas after he tells her what happened last year) It’s crazy, but I really liked it. I mean, I had a few issues. I just felt it was a little derivative in parts. I just wish it had a little more originality, that’s all.

+Quote this post
diva thin muffin
post Nov 15 2017, 11:06 AM
Post #20
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

191. Winston Bishop from New Girl (2011)

xxxOrigin: Los Angeles, California
xxxAge: Early 30s

CODE
Winston featuring on this list is kind of funny because at first I was NOT a fan of him. He got on my nerves especially after the pilot featured Coach who I preferred at the time (but am glad didn't last because that would have meant no Brad in Happy Endings). However, as time went on I warmed up to him and when Coach finally returned I was like "uh, yeah no thanx". Winston is an idiot, and that's what's so great about him. I can honestly only blame my closed minded brain for disliking him at start because now I can't see any reason to dislike him. He's certainly my least favorite out of the five but I still feel the show could not do without him. I'm sure he would feature even higher on this list if I actually watched New Girl religiously but I tend to feel like too much New Girl is very easy to achieve.

TOP QUOTE
WINSTON: Baby, look, I don't want space, okay? I don't want anyone to have space. I want to be standing right in front of you. I want the air that you breathe to be the air coming directly from out of my mouth. I want to be just passing air back and forth between each other until it's mostly carbon dioxide and then we both pass out and die.

+Quote this post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 05:59 AM