BuzzJack

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Artist News
48 Pages V  « < 45 46 47 48 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Spice Girls - 'Forever', 2000 • 3rd Album
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
Equinox8
post 12th September 2023, 06:13 PM
Post #921
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 132,865

QUOTE(Sideout @ Sep 12 2023, 04:21 PM) *
They only gave us one unreleased track from Spice when we know there are plenty more outtakes from the album. We will probably get Woman and one more outtake that the girls are fond of and that's it for Forever 25.

Since this is the last run where I feel I can hold out hope for more than just a couple unreleased tracks, I'll continue to hope that two of the girls can be convinced to get on board with the other three to unlock the vaults for some time of release before the anniversary of Forever. I'm still not convinced that Forever25 will even happen -- SPICE25 did relatively well, but the momentum around SW25 was pretty much dead on arrival, and by the time 2025 comes around, I don't see much "oomph" left from the fan base, nor do I see Geri wanting to get behind an era that didn't involve her. She barely acknowledged SW25 which was the PEAK of their world domination.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Mr.X
post 12th September 2023, 06:36 PM
Post #922
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,587

QUOTE(Equinox8 @ Sep 12 2023, 07:13 PM) *
Since this is the last run where I feel I can hold out hope for more than just a couple unreleased tracks, I'll continue to hope that two of the girls can be convinced to get on board with the other three to unlock the vaults for some time of release before the anniversary of Forever. I'm still not convinced that Forever25 will even happen -- SPICE25 did relatively well, but the momentum around SW25 was pretty much dead on arrival, and by the time 2025 comes around, I don't see much "oomph" left from the fan base, nor do I see Geri wanting to get behind an era that didn't involve her. She barely acknowledged SW25 which was the PEAK of their world domination.

Apart from Emma and Mel C, none of them acknowleged's Spiceworld25's existence and it seemed to align with reports that the plans that were on-going for the 'months of celebrations' that Mel C mentioned has been all scrapped and the girls were unhappy with how Spiceworld25 was coming up...

As far as we know, in the beginning of the year they had plans to also release Spiceworld The Movie 25th Anniversary celebrations and announce a tour, but by the time summer arrived, it was all gone... unsure.gif

Geri was actually one of the ONLY ones who even mentioned and support Forever's vinyl on instagram when it was released back in 2019 lol Also lets not pretend any of them will do any promo for eras outside of a tour... they simply barely lifted a finger for any promo of Spice25 (Mel C was the only one actively promoting) and certainly barely any for Spicworld25, so don't expect much from Forever25 in terms of promo...

I really really want them to understand that Forever is the one that fans are more curious about when it comes to 'new' content and this is the only way to get the campaign to be successful. If it is a lame campaign a la Spiceworld25, they will flop (and blame it on anyone else but themselves lol)

+Quote this post
Sideout
post 12th September 2023, 10:18 PM
Post #923
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 113,700

The girls don't care about expanding their discography. It's obvious at this point. They know the real money is touring, not recording new material or releasing outtakes.

This post has been edited by Sideout: 12th September 2023, 10:18 PM

+Quote this post
Piers
post 13th September 2023, 03:36 AM
Post #924
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 69,521

QUOTE(Mr.X @ Sep 10 2023, 03:11 PM) *
Pretty sure Ive seen them in the same clothes here together, but I could be wrong. Still, same place and the interviews where the generic ones that were recorded to send to the press (so that the press can slot in their own interviewers asking the questions later). Similar thing that they had done before with the Spiceworld interview disk that would be sent to radios the world over to pretend they were giving 'interviews' to the radio stations, only this one was a video one.

It is extracted from here, a video tape of these interviews made by Virgin Records and produced by Sally Stratton to send to press:

I can't speak to this specific interview...but my experience with similar situations is this; A production company will get hired to be the permanent camera/audio/lighting people for the day. Then, interviewers from different news organizations/entertainment shows come in...and are given a few minutes each with the actor/singer/whoever. Those shows don't bring their own crews in these cases. It's technically quicker because there's no constant setting up and breaking down of gear...and plus, it guarantees that the actor/singer is happy with the lighting and audio quality. So, the interviewer is legitimately there talking to the actor/singer (in the cases I've witnessed)...and then the day's hired production company just hands the interviewer a hard drive of the footage at the end. The hard drives would often have two long clips. One long clip from the camera on the actor/singer...and another long clip from a second camera just focused on the interviewer. Then, you just edit em together how you want. Back in 2000, I'm guessing they were handing interviewers two tapes.

As to the Spices doing split interviews...I think it was the EMAs that year that they said they'd started splitting up to do interviews cause they could get more interviews done in less time. Of course, that was a terrible strategy that showed a lack of unity. But. Then, that was the era Mel C was acting like she was completing community service requirements by having to do anything Spice Girls related. So...

+Quote this post
Equinox8
post 13th September 2023, 12:49 PM
Post #925
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular

QUOTE(Piers @ Sep 13 2023, 03:36 AM) *
I can't speak to this specific interview...but my experience with similar situations is this; A production company will get hired to be the permanent camera/audio/lighting people for the day. Then, interviewers from different news organizations/entertainment shows come in...and are given a few minutes each with the actor/singer/whoever. Those shows don't bring their own crews in these cases. It's technically quicker because there's no constant setting up and breaking down of gear...and plus, it guarantees that the actor/singer is happy with the lighting and audio quality. So, the interviewer is legitimately there talking to the actor/singer (in the cases I've witnessed)...and then the day's hired production company just hands the interviewer a hard drive of the footage at the end. The hard drives would often have two long clips. One long clip from the camera on the actor/singer...and another long clip from a second camera just focused on the interviewer. Then, you just edit em together how you want. Back in 2000, I'm guessing they were handing interviewers two tapes.

As to the Spices doing split interviews...I think it was the EMAs that year that they said they'd started splitting up to do interviews cause they could get more interviews done in less time. Of course, that was a terrible strategy that showed a lack of unity. But. Then, that was the era Mel C was acting like she was completing community service requirements by having to do anything Spice Girls related. So...

w00t.gif This brought me to a full-on visceral cackle this morning. Thank you!

+Quote this post
Doomsday Dong
post 13th September 2023, 01:35 PM
Post #926
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed
User: 18,639

laugh.gif

Such a messy era and finish foe rhe biggest girl band since the Supremes and Andrews Sisters

+Quote this post
Mr.X
post 6th October 2023, 08:36 AM
Post #927
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

#JusticeForForever

There seems to be generally a nice and much more celebratory take on Forever from younger/new YouTubers!

Im gonna stick Wasting My Time on now yahoo.gif

+Quote this post
Mr.X
post 21st November 2023, 10:19 PM
Post #928
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Pop Underrated has released a new documentary about Forever era

It's a great channel, and I like the documentaries they have done so far on the girls. This one doesnt have much new material but it lays bare the era and its issues. Give it a stream, you wont regret it happy.gif

+Quote this post
Equinox8
post 21st November 2023, 10:47 PM
Post #929
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular

QUOTE(Mr.X @ Nov 21 2023, 10:19 PM) *
Pop Underrated has released a new documentary about Forever era

It's a great channel, and I like the documentaries they have done so far on the girls. This one doesnt have much new material but it lays bare the era and its issues. Give it a stream, you wont regret it happy.gif

Thanks for sharing: I enjoy that channel!

+Quote this post
colinn
post 22nd November 2023, 09:41 PM
Post #930
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 18,033

I actually reached out to him a while back about a Forever documentary as I have collated footage from the era and he told me he wanted to veer away from the Spice Girls as there's so much out there already.

More could've been covered for sure.

This post has been edited by colinn: 22nd November 2023, 09:42 PM

+Quote this post
Mr.X
post 15th January 2024, 10:49 PM
Post #931
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

I really really would L O V E a lyric video for Goodbye25 teresa.gif One that goes around that mansion from the original video.

Please, I need it cry.gif I wanna cry whilst reading them lyrics on a video montage sleep.gif

And maybe one for Holler too, using the screen graphics from the 2007 Return tour whip.gif

AND A NEW VIDEO AND SINGLE MIX FOR IF YOU WANNA HAVE SOME FUN funky.gif

(and yes, WOMAN to be released too alongside AT LEAST 5 other unreleased songs we havent heard of yet, plus Go Go Go, Too Hot and Overnight (1999 demo))

I MEAN IT!! If Vicky Bex blocks anything, im gonna riot and first I will I go break into Virgin/EMI vaults and steal everyting Spice I can find!!

Neyde.png

Then, Imma go into Biff's house, seduce him (and definitely kiss him he allows me to cos he fancy and cute) to distract him and then break into his Vault and STEAL everything Spice and including any Emma Bunton and Mel C unreleased demos I can find too just COS IM GONNA BE PISSED OFF!!! mad.gif

Anyone want to join me? cardi.png

+Quote this post
Blond 2.0
post 16th January 2024, 01:19 AM
Post #932
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 39,576

Imagine alternative videos of goodbye and holler cheer.gif cheer.gif

+Quote this post
neill2407
post 15th February 2024, 11:50 PM
Post #933
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 159,650

Forever is often overlooked but it’s actually a decent album. I hope we get a decent reissue. The first two reissues have been a bit underwhelming tbh.

+Quote this post
Mr.X
post 16th February 2024, 01:16 AM
Post #934
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Me too, the album really deserves some love.

A 2CD release would be amazing, with some actual rareties. It is the album that has the least amount of related music out there, so it's a great chance to correct some wrongs from the era.

A Vinyl is a must. The 20th anniversary edition was really well done, the sound was gorgeous on vinyl and the design was cute! Do similar but with more content, and I will lap it up!

+Quote this post
Rebel
post 16th February 2024, 03:14 AM
Post #935
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber
User: 140,886

We know at least these tracks have been done or demoed so CD2 should be a no brainer
CD2 -
1) Right back at ya ( original pop version)
2) Give you what you want
3) A Day in you life
4) Pain Proof
5) W.O.M.A.N.
6) Go, Go, Go
7) Too Hot
8) Treasure
9) Overnight
10) My strongest suit
11) Holler (MAW Remix)
12) Tell Me Why ( Thunderpuss remix)
13) If you wanna have some fun (radio edit)
14) Holler (2019 Tour remix)
15) Goodbye (Orchestra version)
16) We Are Family

This post has been edited by Rebel: 16th February 2024, 04:01 AM

+Quote this post
colinn
post 17th February 2024, 10:26 PM
Post #936
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 18,033

What would've been your ideal campaign for Forever realistically?

Single 1 - Holler
Single 2 - Let Love Lead The Way/Original Christmas Song Double A Side
Single 3 - If You Wanna Have Some Fun

Forever Tracklist:
1. Right Back At Ya
2. Holler
3. Let Love Lead The Way
4. W.O.M.A.N.
5. If You Wanna Have Some Fun
6. Give You What You Want
7. Pain Proof
8. Oxygen
9. Weekend Love
10. Goodbye

September 9th - MTV Video Music Awards, New York City (debut of song & performance)
September 23rd - Much Music Awards, Toronto
October 11th - Holler released in UK
October 12th - ARIA Music Awards, Sydney
November 1st - Forever released in the UK
November 11th - MTV Europe Music Awards, Dublin (hosting & performing)
November 29th - The Royal Variety Show, Birmingham
December 8th - Billboard Music Awards, Las Vegas
December 13th - Madame Tussauds Wax Work Reveal, London
Let Love Lead The Way/Christmas Double A Side released in the UK

January 17th - American Music Awards, Los Angeles
March 3rd - BRIT Awards, London
March 6th - If You Wanna Have Some Fun released in UK

I would've liked them to do a stadium tour in 2000 and a greatest hits in November but we all know how much they were focusing on solo careers. I also would've picked a stronger song than Let Love Lead The Way for the Christmas release but I think it's the strongest ballad on there.

This post has been edited by colinn: 17th February 2024, 10:41 PM

+Quote this post
schizo_spice
post 18th February 2024, 12:11 AM
Post #937
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 39,574

They put the minimal effort into the 20th of their second biggest selling album.

Why would they put effort into their lowest selling?

+Quote this post
Rebel
post 18th February 2024, 05:56 AM
Post #938
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber
User: 140,886

You know I was reading through the old issues of Music Week and Billboard magazines, and felt that had "Forever" had been released at different time, it could have done better.

Comparing to All Saints, their second album was also release a couple prior to "Forever", which means that they also didn't follow up with their first album since 1997. However, what they had at their advantage was stronger singles, their "Pure shores" single was released way back in January for the beach OST and it was like their second biggest hit ever, was number two at the year's end list. By October, their released their second single, "Black Coffee", went number one again but sale was really low during September-November for single. Still, with two singles released already, their album went in at number one and didn't drop like a stone like "Forever" and hung around for a bit before they released their third and final single next spring (at that time). All in all, that album went double platinum (far less than their first album, five platinum) but still considered as a success.

So, I think had Virgin or their manager at the time (I forgot her name), convinced the girls to focus on finishing the group or focused on Forever to be released by Nov 1999 or Dec 1999 (with their christmas tour) or by March/ April 2000 to coincide with their Brits Awards win, the album could have fared a lot better. To see the girls solo works doing quite well in 1999 and 2000, only the group project to flop in 2000 was such a sad way to end the Forever chapter. I recall, Out of your mind sold 180,000 copies to debut at number two or I turn to you sold 140,000 copies to debut at number one in the summer of 2000, only Holler/ LLLTW to debut at number one with just 106,000 copies was such a surprise. Like, where did all the spice girls fans go? Did they just stop supporting the group on focus on each girl's solo projects?

+Quote this post
Mr.X
post 28th February 2024, 02:16 PM
Post #939
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(Rebel @ Feb 18 2024, 05:56 AM) *
You know I was reading through the old issues of Music Week and Billboard magazines, and felt that had "Forever" had been released at different time, it could have done better.

Comparing to All Saints, their second album was also release a couple prior to "Forever", which means that they also didn't follow up with their first album since 1997. However, what they had at their advantage was stronger singles, their "Pure shores" single was released way back in January for the beach OST and it was like their second biggest hit ever, was number two at the year's end list. By October, their released their second single, "Black Coffee", went number one again but sale was really low during September-November for single. Still, with two singles released already, their album went in at number one and didn't drop like a stone like "Forever" and hung around for a bit before they released their third and final single next spring (at that time). All in all, that album went double platinum (far less than their first album, five platinum) but still considered as a success.

So, I think had Virgin or their manager at the time (I forgot her name), convinced the girls to focus on finishing the group or focused on Forever to be released by Nov 1999 or Dec 1999 (with their christmas tour) or by March/ April 2000 to coincide with their Brits Awards win, the album could have fared a lot better. To see the girls solo works doing quite well in 1999 and 2000, only the group project to flop in 2000 was such a sad way to end the Forever chapter. I recall, Out of your mind sold 180,000 copies to debut at number two or I turn to you sold 140,000 copies to debut at number one in the summer of 2000, only Holler/ LLLTW to debut at number one with just 106,000 copies was such a surprise. Like, where did all the spice girls fans go? Did they just stop supporting the group on focus on each girl's solo projects?

Yes Forever should have been released as a mix of pop & rnb back in 1999. Sadly, the group made way for the Mel C album instead, and the various solo projects afterwards followed...

Had it been released in 1999 it would have definitely gotten to #1, they woul dhave done the Christmas tour, get the Brit award for Outstanding contribution in 2000 and then leave it at that. That was probably the plan all along, until the focus on solo careers took priority in 1999.

A damn shame, to be honest....

+Quote this post
Mr.X
post 28th February 2024, 02:18 PM
Post #940
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

This remix of Holler was just released on YouTube. It is fan-made but it is a much better one than the original MAW mixes (which were quite terrible...)

It's a fun mix!

+Quote this post

48 Pages V  « < 45 46 47 48 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 3rd June 2024, 04:01 PM