BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
14 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> What Kylie/Dannii songs are you listening to?
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Regina
post Nov 20 2011, 06:43 PM
Post #21
Group icon
Raining Shitter
User: 5,572
Tightrope is up there for me in terms of her b-sides heart.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Regina
post Dec 2 2011, 03:46 PM
Post #22
Group icon
Raining Shitter

wub.gif

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post Dec 2 2011, 09:40 PM
Post #23
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 12,472

Love it so much right now!! wub.gif

+Quote this post
Regina
post Dec 3 2011, 04:28 PM
Post #24
Group icon
Raining Shitter
Alone Again (Dubtronic's Edit)

Until we get a full version, this mix will be perfect wub.gif This would have been a perfect song for her to release, Madonna is a good songwriter.

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post Dec 12 2011, 04:50 PM
Post #25
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
Heard Santa Baby today in my art lesson, where we were listening to Christmas hits biggrin.gif No-one else knew who it was, of course, 'cos my class are thick! tongue.gif

+Quote this post
Regina
post Dec 12 2011, 04:51 PM
Post #26
Group icon
Raining Shitter
Where The Wild Roses Grow

wub.gif How awesome would it be if she re-did this for the Acousti-GH? Perhaps with a certain Mr Cardle? kink.gif

+Quote this post
McHotchKiss
post Dec 12 2011, 08:51 PM
Post #27
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber
User: 15,574
Been playing these 2 like mad :

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post Dec 12 2011, 09:43 PM
Post #28
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
QUOTE(Regina @ Dec 12 2011, 04:51 PM) *
Where The Wild Roses Grow

wub.gif How awesome would it be if she re-did this for the Acousti-GH? Perhaps with a certain Mr Cardle? kink.gif

w00t.gif Yes please!! And I wouldn't say no to a duet with Matt! biggrin.gif

QUOTE(McHotchKiss @ Dec 12 2011, 08:51 PM) *
Been playing these 2 like mad :

Magnetic Electricity is one of favourite tracks by Kylie! wub.gif I really wished that it was on the standard version of X, because its far too good to be a bonus track!

+Quote this post
Regina
post May 18 2012, 01:14 PM
Post #29
Group icon
Raining Shitter
Bittersweet Goodbye was used at the end of Doctors today ;__;

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post May 26 2012, 11:53 PM
Post #30
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
Je Ne Sais Pas Pourquoi been played on Vintage TV! biggrin.gif Great to hear her early stuff on TV (or even any of her songs!)

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post May 28 2012, 05:28 PM
Post #31
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
One hour of Kylie on The Vault! biggrin.gif Playing On a Night Like This at the moment!

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post May 28 2012, 05:31 PM
Post #32
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
Pronouns: he/him
User: 13,530
Light Years - just finishing the album itself for the first time. Got given this and Body Language by my sister yesterday.

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post May 28 2012, 05:35 PM
Post #33
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
That was nice of her! What's you thoughts on the album?

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post May 28 2012, 05:37 PM
Post #34
Group icon
QUOTE(liamk97 @ May 28 2012, 06:35 PM) *
That was nice of her! What's you thoughts on the album?

Indeed it was! Lucky for me that she's gone off Kylie. tongue.gif I thought it was pretty decent, a lot more consistent than Body Language was I thought, but both had their highlights. I'm hoping to get Fever, X and Aphrodite at some point soon before I go and get the older albums.

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post May 28 2012, 05:42 PM
Post #35
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
QUOTE(Joseph_MJF_1D @ May 28 2012, 06:37 PM) *
Indeed it was! Lucky for me that she's gone off Kylie. tongue.gif I thought it was pretty decent, a lot more consistent than Body Language was I thought, but both had their highlights. I'm hoping to get Fever, X and Aphrodite at some point soon before I go and get the older albums.

Light Years was the first Kylie album I got, and I loved every track on the album! The singles are just superb - especially Spinning Around and On a Night Like This! wub.gif Body Language is probably my least favourite from the 00's, but again, the singles are great - Chocolate, so underated! You should like Fever, X and Aphrodite. Pure Kylie pop! Aside from the singles, my faves are Burning Up (Fever), Stars (X), Aphrodite and Cupid Boy (Aphrodite).

This post has been edited by liamk97: May 28 2012, 05:43 PM

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post May 28 2012, 05:49 PM
Post #36
Group icon
QUOTE(liamk97 @ May 28 2012, 06:42 PM) *
Light Years was the first Kylie album I got, and I loved every track on the album! The singles are just superb - especially Spinning Around and On a Night Like This! wub.gif Body Language is probably my least favourite from the 00's, but again, the singles are great - Chocolate, so underated! You should like Fever, X and Aphrodite. Pure Kylie pop! Aside from the singles, my faves are Burning Up (Fever), Stars (X), Aphrodite and Cupid Boy (Aphrodite).

Thank you for the recommendations, I'll check them out on Spotify tonight. And yes, I did like Chocolate, despite someone I know who loves Kylie telling me it was crap. tongue.gif I've got 2 Hearts and All The Lovers already, someone sent them to me, and also Get Outta My Way from a Now album. But yeah, I look forward to hearing some more of her albums!

+Quote this post
Liаm
post May 28 2012, 05:55 PM
Post #37
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139
I'm far from Kylie's biggest fan but my god X is fantastic. One of the best pop albums I've ever heard! Aphrodite is pretty great as well, but X is my big Kylie reccomendation.

+Quote this post
jark
post May 28 2012, 05:56 PM
Post #38
Group icon
something you consider rare
User: 2,990
Light Years is a funny one. For the most part it's well produced and catchy without being overly cheesy, but then the likes of Loveboat and Koocachoo veer wildly into karaoke singer on a cruise ship territory and the whole thing becomes too GAY even for me. There are probably five fillers which is more than the average Kylie record, but the highs are undeniably high. The singles, title track and Butterfly are especially glorious.

Fever is one of the greatest pop records of all time. Flawless start to end.

Body Language is by far her most consistent record sonically probably since Rhythm of Love so people seem to either love or hate it. I personally like how subtle it is but her vocals are not on top form for the most part and it's more a record full of album tracks than one of singles. Loving Days is utterly MAJESTIC.

X was a bipolar MESS. The first half is strong although not particularly consistent sound-wise, the second half falls apart... God only knows what anybody involved in Heartbeat Rock was thinking. I sort of like Nu-di-ty on a purely ironic level. All I See was a pathetic attempt at American R&B-lite pop and let's not even talk about Cosmic. That said Like A Drug is pure classic Kylie and should've been the lead single. Speakerphone and Sensitized are also quite something.

Aphrodite was a bit sugary and plasticy and she wasn't on great vocal form this time either. It all felt a bit underbaked. The title song, All The Lovers and Illusion are pretty great, the rest I can mostly take or leave. Heartstrings should've been properly mastered and included on the album.

This post has been edited by ✞✞✞: May 28 2012, 06:02 PM

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post May 28 2012, 06:12 PM
Post #39
Group icon
QUOTE(✞✞✞ @ May 28 2012, 06:56 PM) *
Light Years is a funny one. For the most part it's well produced and catchy without being overly cheesy, but then the likes of Loveboat and Koocachoo veer wildly into karaoke singer on a cruise ship territory and the whole thing becomes too GAY even for me. There are probably five fillers which is more than the average Kylie record, but the highs are undeniably high. The singles, title track and Butterfly are especially glorious.

Fever is one of the greatest pop records of all time. Flawless start to end.

Body Language is by far her most consistent record sonically probably since Rhythm of Love so people seem to either love or hate it. I personally like how subtle it is but her vocals are not on top form for the most part and it's more a record full of album tracks than one of singles. Loving Days is utterly MAJESTIC.

X was a bipolar MESS. The first half is strong although not particularly consistent sound-wise, the second half falls apart... God only knows what anybody involved in Heartbeat Rock was thinking. I sort of like Nu-di-ty on a purely ironic level. All I See was a pathetic attempt at American R&B-lite pop and let's not even talk about Cosmic. That said Like A Drug is pure classic Kylie and should've been the lead single. Speakerphone and Sensitized are also quite something.

Aphrodite was a bit sugary and plasticy and she wasn't on great vocal form this time either. It all felt a bit underbaked. The title song, All The Lovers and Illusion are pretty great, the rest I can mostly take or leave. Heartstrings should've been properly mastered and included on the album.

I pretty much agree on Light Years and Body Language. I feel BL is more consistent yet LY has higher highs.

X will definitely be the next album I'll listen to, and that'll either be after the soaps or tomorrow. I'll let you guys know what I think. biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post May 28 2012, 06:36 PM
Post #40
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
QUOTE(Joseph_MJF_1D @ May 28 2012, 06:49 PM) *
I've got 2 Hearts and All The Lovers already, someone sent them to me, and also Get Outta My Way from a Now album.

What's your view on 2 Hearts? For most people, they either love it or absolutley hate it! tongue.gif

+Quote this post

14 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 11:50 AM