BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 
10 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Orange is the New Black • Season 7, Netflix | you've got time
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Dexton
post 27th July 2018, 12:21 PM
Post #161
Group icon
rip in peace Dickston
User: 25,045

^ I am not reading that tongue.gif

ohmy.gif Just noticed its out now!! That’s my weekend gone
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Dexton
post 28th July 2018, 03:06 AM
Post #162
Group icon
rip in peace Dickston

QUOTE(Dexton @ Jul 27 2018, 08:21 PM) *
^ I am not reading that tongue.gif

ohmy.gif Just noticed its out now!! That’s my weekend gone

Episode 2 and this is such a shitstorm I’m nervous for what is gonna happen

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 29th July 2018, 12:30 AM
Post #163
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

I'm just on episode 5, not sure about the newbies, they've culled a lot of the characters who had a lot of potential too early imo in favour of new characters I am yet to really care about, that does work in prison shows normally though (Wentworth is thriving now with its main character and a fan fave villain gone) and ofc it has to happen when a lot of them have moved to Max. But it's not even halfway through the season so I'll give them a chance as OITNB can really change how you feel about a character with backstory and building them up into something.

Also this is kinda awful but I have the biggest crush on Luschek rn wub.gif But some of the other new guards *.*

+Quote this post
NellyEverySundae
post 29th July 2018, 02:13 PM
Post #164
Group icon
#TeamKrustyKrab
User: 20,675

Okay, I might’ve ended up binging the entire season in two days so I’ll try minimise the spoilers and not talk about the finale drama.gif

Okay, the season was MUCH better than last year and kept me on the edge of my seat the whole way through. But I feel like the show never makes use of the guards in a good way. I mean, other than Luschek, McCullough and Hopper, the other guards only get screen-time when the stupid inmate fantasy game props up here and there. I get that it’s supposed to be a highlight on how blurred lines can get when you’re surrounded by brutality on a daily basis but the officers that were mainly associated with it just drove me up the wall most of the time and they kinda felt like filler material to beef up the season’s content.

I do love the relationship Luschek forms with Mendoza though. Didn’t see it coming laugh.gif but you can clearly see a beautiful chemistry going on there.

One of the most shocking part of the series was the back-story featuring Carole and Barbara, I felt the tension when Debbie was in that car through the TV laugh.gif

Is anyone else sick of Daya? She constantly tries to take on this ‘badass’ role when the next scene she likes to play the victim. I felt bad that the guards were beating her up but the waltzing around D-block and trying to intimidate the others just annoyed the hell outta me laugh.gif

Dixon was kinda loveable this season wub.gif

This post has been edited by NellyEverySundae: 29th July 2018, 02:31 PM

+Quote this post
NellyEverySundae
post 29th July 2018, 02:16 PM
Post #165
Group icon
#TeamKrustyKrab
User: 20,675

Double oops.

This post has been edited by NellyEverySundae: 29th July 2018, 02:17 PM

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 29th July 2018, 02:43 PM
Post #166
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

I'm on episode 9 but give Danielle Brooks an Emmy.

+Quote this post
lotita
post 2nd August 2018, 06:40 PM
Post #167
Group icon
feminist icon
Pronouns: she/her
User: 21,777

WHAT THE f***

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 3rd August 2018, 03:38 PM
Post #168
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

Better than S5 for me on the whole, again a great set up for season 6 with Piper getting out especially, I really loved Aleida's story this season so much like Piper was a white privilege paralell to Taystee's story, it would be powerful I think to show Aleida still struggling and doing god knows what to get her kids back when I'm sure Piper will land on her feet. Taystee's fate was heartbreaking, perhaps I was naive to believe but I really thought she'd get the jury on side. It's really powerful to show the racial divide in the justice system, the fact that both her and Piper were around when Piscatella got shot, neither of them did it but one got out of jail early and the other was sent down for life as a scapegoat.

As I think Digital Spy said, it sets up an ending for Season 7, if Piper gets back on her feet there's nothing to show really (other than her/Alex navigating a relationship when the latter is still in prison) and whilst the series could easily continue without her, 7 seasons is good going. They could easily tie a lot of things up if 7 is to be the final season.

Blanca is the last person I thought I'd be weeping for though!! It was heartbreaking to see Diablo waiting for her and she is going to get deported sad.gif Idk if I want the detention centre to be in S7 because Litchfield, that and Piper/Aleida outside is juggling a few too many things, but at the same time I really want to carry on seeing more of Blanca because it was great seeing her develop more this season... There's perhaps a spin-off potential there in the detention centre, really tackling something that's a hot topic right now. Idk, I feel like maybe she might be like the characters who went to other prisons after the riot and we don't see her, maybe the detention centre stuff might be tackled from the perspective of Linda etc., or Piper maybe gets wind of them and protests against it or something.

As for all the new characters, I didn't really see the point of most of, if not ALL of them. I suppose Carol and Barb had to be there for the sake of the gang wars thing, but they were just plot devices at best and I found myself bored of it all apart from their flashback which was perhaps the most dark and shocking yet. Daddy added nothing other than making Daya somehow even worse than she already was, and Badison was just a minor antagonist who made not much of a difference to things. Adeola was pretty iconic tho.

Last thing actually, I loved the guards this season! They were incompetent and just didn't care but that added a bit of a comedy as well as being a sort of comment on the state of the prison system and how few rights prisoners have. Mendoza/Luschek was one of my favourite things about this season! Luschek in general was tbh, I just love him.

+Quote this post
Jαsє
post 12th August 2018, 01:22 AM
Post #169
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 14,043

Big Boo NEEDS to come back for S7. I really missed her sad.gif

+Quote this post
blacksquare
post 12th August 2018, 09:47 AM
Post #170
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 23,471

I just finished episode six and this season is plodding along at such a slow rate. Does more happen? There doesn't seem to be much spark anymore.

+Quote this post
Cal
post 13th August 2018, 08:45 PM
Post #171
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 5,964

QUOTE(blacksquare @ Aug 12 2018, 10:47 AM) *
I just finished episode six and this season is plodding along at such a slow rate. Does more happen? There doesn't seem to be much spark anymore.

Just hang in there. It gears up near the end!

Thoroughly enjoyed this season. Loved pretty much all of the new big characters. Badison is VILE but you have to love her. Carol is terrifying but ngl absolutely loved her.

Glad Piper is finally out. She kind of became obsolete recently. Horrible to see what awaited Blanca when she was 'released'! sad.gif Would love to see more of the original girls next season though.

+Quote this post
Klaus
post 18th August 2018, 09:48 AM
Post #172
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
User: 17,160

I enjoyed the season and the move to Max was a nice gear change and gave the show a refresh. I liked the gang wars element and Carol and Barbara were really, really great - that scene with them killing their sister omg!! I do agree that the rest of the supporting characters were a damp squibs. Only Badison (rolleyes.gif) stood out but I just didn't enjoy the character.

I do feel that this season had a lot less side stories than before which I kind of missed although it was nice that everything centred around the gang wars. I do now hope though that with Carol and Barbara dead, and them enjoying kickball that we lose the gang wars and all the blocks interact a lot more next season. I feel some characters got a bit lost with that being the focus, Mendoza in particular didn't have a great deal to do I felt.

I also LOVED the Taystee and Caputo storyline. Caputo was amazing this season and I loved the further glimpse into Taystee's back story with the new guard, interesting to see the parallels.

Looking forward to seeing those parallels with Piper and Aleida getting out, as well as the comparisons when Taystee got out (remember that!!)/

+Quote this post
Dexton
post 20th August 2018, 03:16 PM
Post #173
Group icon
rip in peace Dickston

As much as I loved this season I feel I have more bad to say than good. As a whole it was a solid story through & through but I can’t help feeling that it’s only half a season despite being full length. The amount of characters we’re following has drastically reduced compared to previous seasons and there’s only really 4-5 new characters that have been fleshed out enough (and 2 of them died in the end anyway). Daya, Taystee, Freida, Flores, and Pennsatucky had great developments albeit the latter did lose all steam once she handed herself in - I did love the dynamic of her, Suzanne, and Freida in “Florida” though. This season did a great job with throwing characters who never would have hung around each other together and the Breakfast Club joke got me good laugh.gif

Daya’s descent into prison thug finally comes about which was a very sad thing to watch, she didn’t realise the impacts of her shooting the guard until it was too late sad.gif Flores and Taystee’s stories were equally heartbreaking too tbh: Flores being tricked into believing she’s being released and can finally start a family and Taystee being denied justice for Poussey :/ I imagine race will be a huge theme in the next season, more than it ever has been on the show. Freida’s history with the sisters was really interesting too and I didn’t expect any of what happened to actually happen. Barbara & Carol tricking their sister into thinking she was safe in the car was a nightmare. It’s a shame they died but I suppose in the long run Badison was always gonna be the true villain who will likely be the big bad next year. Pennsatuckys grand escape was such a hilarious plot, it’s a shame it ended so abruptly as I would’ve liked a bit more action with her being caught.

But there’s so many brilliant characters that have been shoved to one side or even thrown away completely for this season. I get that they’re in Max now and obviously the full cast wouldn’t have been present, but I was half expecting something similar to Season 2 when Piper was sent off to Chicago at the beginning to testify at the trial and then she returns to Litchfield in episode 3. Even many characters who were present had little impact on what happened. I was also a bit pissed off at the big deal over an inmate dying and that not being revealed until later on. I was sad that Kukudio died, but it also felt a little underwhelming as she isn’t exactly a part of the main cast. The fact that no one knew/cared didnt help either, I imagine Suzanne will find out eventually and that will be heartbreaking watching it’s effect on her since it was the injuries from their fight that killed her - but again it feels like that’s what we should have had this season.

I’m glad Piper is finally free. She’s had some good plots over the course of the show and I especially loved her thinking she’s “gangsta” not long ago but it was definitely her time to leave. I do wonder how much of her we’ll see next time though, hopefully her memoirs will get published laugh.gif

More side stories probably would’ve satisfied me more, not to say I haven’t enjoyed this, but it ended with me wanting more. Not like a cliffhanger either, just a “why is this the last episode?”

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 17th October 2018, 09:04 PM
Post #174
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

Season 7 is confirmed as the final season sad.gif Probably for the best but sad to see it go.

+Quote this post
Klaus
post 18th October 2018, 07:21 PM
Post #175
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
User: 17,160

I think it was expected after all the rumours, it will be sad to see it go but it's better to go out with more of a bang than a whimper. It's going to be strange with both this and House of Cards ending when they were the first two BIG Netflix originals! A sign that times are changing once again.

I do feel though that it could be a show that could go on and on because of the huge amount of characters and you can keep introducing more and shifting the focus on them without losing the feel/enjoyment of the show. It is the appropriate time though to either focus on new characters or end the show now with the focus still on the main original lot.

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post 19th October 2018, 07:23 AM
Post #176
Group icon
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
User: 12,929

I caught up on all of the show a month ago and I’m not surprised at next one being the last, I think S6 was a weaker one just because of how many characters were cut with no payoff, and arcs for the main characters winding down. Great show overall and I hope they do spend the last season making it feel mostly complete, there’s several characters who that’ll be difficult for.

+Quote this post
blacksquare
post 19th October 2018, 03:27 PM
Post #177
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 23,471

I did finally finish the S6... The last few episodes were better (not by much) but the entire season was such a disappointing slog. Not much happened, and I think the move to max was a risk that didn't even remotely pay off.

At this point, I'm glad they're finishing it. I'm just hoping they feel more energised by it being the end.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 22nd May 2019, 02:55 PM
Post #178
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

26th July for season 7!! Trailer is out too

+Quote this post
Theonix
post 22nd May 2019, 05:15 PM
Post #179
Group icon
BUY Phoenix on Amazon / STREAM Phoenix on Spotify
User: 8,661

The video of the cast singing You've Got Time made me feel so emotional! cry.gif I'm not ready to say goodbye to these characters 💔

+Quote this post
JackTheeStallion
post 23rd May 2019, 11:16 PM
Post #180
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 223

Yeah I think the final series is going to be really emotional sad.gif I hope it gets the send off it deserves!

+Quote this post

10 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 26th April 2024, 09:09 AM