BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Artist News
15 Pages V  « < 12 13 14 15 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> What Madonna song are you listening to?, put a record on...
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Liam.k.
post Sep 10 2019, 08:59 PM
Post #261
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 12,472
You're right, nothing is really added to the song, but I just love the new arrangement with the house interlude included in the extended intro and part of the chorus being moved ahead of the first verse. The song in its original form has enough room to breathe anyway but extending that further in this version works too.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Atonement
post Sep 11 2019, 08:32 PM
Post #262
Group icon
I just had to see your face to feel alive
User: 10,676
So I'm just minding my own business and listening to 'Confessions' on Spotify and I am SHOCKED to discover that the alarm clock sound has been erased from the beginning of 'Get Together'.

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post Sep 11 2019, 08:34 PM
Post #263
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
That's the unmixed edit for you! I agree it's strange hearing 'Get Together' without the alarm clock!

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post Sep 11 2019, 08:35 PM
Post #264
Group icon
User: 13,007
QUOTE(Atonement @ Sep 11 2019, 09:32 PM) *
So I'm just minding my own business and listening to 'Confessions' on Spotify and I am SHOCKED to discover that the alarm clock sound has been erased from the beginning of 'Get Together'.

It's because of this: http://www.buzzjack.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=225488

In short ~ sort it out Spotify! sad.gif

+Quote this post
Atonement
post Sep 11 2019, 08:35 PM
Post #265
Group icon
I just had to see your face to feel alive
User: 10,676
QUOTE(Medellíam @ Sep 11 2019, 10:34 PM) *
That's the unmixed edit for you! I agree it's strange hearing 'Get Together' without the alarm clock!

Oh ew the whole album is like this. Spotify really annoys me sometimes. So many albums missing, and then things like this.

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post Sep 11 2019, 08:40 PM
Post #266
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
I like the edited version for the sake of playlists and listening on shuffle, but there should really be two versions of the album uploaded. Or maybe on the edited version, there could be a way of adjusting those transitions so you still get the full song that you're listening to without the other song fading in?

+Quote this post
dandy*
post Dec 6 2019, 09:54 PM
Post #267
Group icon
Mansonette
User: 54
I'm listening to Ray of Light this evening. I do love the album but I've always found the ordering of the tracks a little out in places, especially as the title track just sounds amazing after Drowned World as an intro. I've found myself listening to it quite a lot in this order now:

01 Drowned World
02 Ray of Light
03 Sky Fits Heaven
04 Candy Perfume Girl
05 Swim
06 Frozen
07 The Power of Good-bye
08 Skin
09 Shanti / Ashtangi
10 Nothing Really Matters
11 To Have and Not to Hold
12 Little Star
13 Mer Girl

Not too many changes but I just find myself enjoying it far more like that for some reason.

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post Jan 17 2020, 08:35 PM
Post #268
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
I like the way 'Swim' fades out into 'Ray of Light' but 'Drowned World' does the trick just as well. I've had no issue with the ordering of the tracks but I'll check out your altered version and see what I think!

Speaking of 'Ray of Light', I'm loving this extended version of the track:

I remember Madonna, or maybe it was Orbit, saying in an interview that the original version of the track was 10 minutes long but that they had to cut it down - I wonder if '10 minutes' was a slight exaggeration and that this was the version they're talking about? They described it as going completely bonkers towards the end so the description fits.

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post Feb 16 2020, 06:21 PM
Post #269
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
On the subject of extended mixes, I've been obsessed with an extended mix of 'Hung Up on YouTube. Now, just today, I've discovered that it's an official mix and is on Spotify!

Added to my Madonna playlist!

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post Feb 29 2020, 05:31 PM
Post #270
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
Stumbled across this mash-up of 'Ray of Light' with Gaga's 'Stupid Love' and it works really well! ohmy.gif

Both are suitably bonkers and fun, fun, fun. Love the extended outro, are there some new vocals that aren't in the finished version? ohmy.gif

+Quote this post
Jordanlee
post May 8 2020, 02:30 PM
Post #271
Group icon
Jord
User: 27,116
Listening to Frozen right now heart.gif

It’s now made me want to listen to Ray of Light the album in full

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post May 8 2020, 08:44 PM
Post #272
Group icon
Frozen wub.gif The entire RoL era is perfection. What a special era!

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post May 8 2020, 08:47 PM
Post #273
Group icon
I have had 'I'm Breathless' on repeat this past week drama.gif The survivor polls led me to it, and i've decided to properly give it time laugh.gif Some of the tracks are pure trash but there are a handful of nices ones (and 'Vogue' ofc), so it's not totally a lost cause!

+Quote this post
thtr85
post May 9 2020, 12:59 AM
Post #274
Group icon
New Entry
User: 24,403
Listening to a Stardust vs Madonna - Music Sounds Better on ‘Holiday’, absolutely great remix. There was a few videos completed love it!

This post has been edited by thtr85: May 9 2020, 01:04 AM

+Quote this post
dandy*
post May 9 2020, 11:01 AM
Post #275
Group icon
Mansonette
User: 54
QUOTE(Hauspital* @ May 8 2020, 09:47 PM) *
I have had 'I'm Breathless' on repeat this past week drama.gif The survivor polls led me to it, and i've decided to properly give it time laugh.gif Some of the tracks are pure trash but there are a handful of nices ones (and 'Vogue' ofc), so it's not totally a lost cause!

Do you enjoy any of the showtune style ones? It’s all about side B for me as I have a soft spot for every track in the second half

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post May 10 2020, 12:03 AM
Post #276
Group icon
QUOTE(dandy* @ May 9 2020, 12:01 PM) *
Do you enjoy any of the showtune style ones? It’s all about side B for me as I have a soft spot for every track in the second half

From 'Something to Remember' onwards, it's starts to feel like a more cohesive and "proper" album.

The first half has all the real stinkers :/

+Quote this post
Dexton
post May 13 2020, 12:07 PM
Post #277
Group icon
rip in peace Dickston
User: 25,045
Fresh from the AF Idol thread I listened to the first half of Celebration because I had NO IDEA Holiday was by Madonna laugh.gif It turns out I'm actually a secret Madonna fan... so secret in fact I didn't even know it. So there's a rough rate of the first disc

CD 1:
01) 06 Hung Up - I knew this song but I've never been a big fan, it's okay but I'd rather just listen to ABBA
02) 08 Music - I've heard this in passing before, not the most memorable though tbh but I'm a fan
03) 08 Vogue - I KNEW THIS WAS MADONNA! I actually quite like it as a song, if it's not something I listen to very often.
04) 09 4 Minutes - Great song, I've always liked this as a Justin Timberlake song
05) 10 Holiday - Banger that I ONLY JUST FOUND OUT WAS MADONNA
06) 08 Like A Virgin - Another one of the few songs I knew was from Madonna although ngl I knew it from Pitch Perfect first unsure.gif
07) 06 Into The Groove
08) 09 Everybody - I really like it on first listen laugh.gif
09) 09 Like A Prayer - I knew she had a song called this but never knew it was this song!!
10) 10 Ray Of Light - I love this song, but again did not know this was Madonna... Such a banger I can't believe I just didn't know laugh.gif I feel the same way I felt when I found out Believe was by Cher
11) 08 Sorry - This reminds me of the Scooby Doo theme song
12) 08 Express Yourself - Once again had no clue this was a Madonna song
13) 06 Open Your Heart - See the above, except I like this much less
14) 06 Borderline - Never heard this before
15) 05 Secret - Or this, I feel her voice gets lost in the song here a bit it sounds like a demo that got lost
16) 06 Erotica
17) 05 Justify My Love - Similar to Secret imo
18) 07 Celebration

+Quote this post
vibe
post May 13 2020, 01:33 PM
Post #278
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 11,763
Welcome Dexton !

Always pleased to welcome a new fan .

During lockdown I have taken the time to listen to Kylie whom I have never given the time of day to before.

Is it due to your age that you didn’t know these songs were from Madonna ?

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post May 13 2020, 03:11 PM
Post #279
Group icon
Moved these posts here, hope you don't mind happy.gif

DEXTON heart.gif Is this your first Madonna forum post? WELCOME xo Good to see you discovering new music today. Celebration as a collection is a good place to start because it has some of her more recent hits, but avoids the very recent ones which are extremely divisive, oop~

I am most shocked that you didn't really know much of 'Like A Prayer' as a song before this! It's one of (if not the) most impactful pop songs of all time!!

There's the super deluxe double disc version of Celebration too btw, just mentioning whistle.gif

Stick around in the forum - we don't bite!

+Quote this post
Dexton
post May 13 2020, 04:18 PM
Post #280
Group icon
rip in peace Dickston
User: 25,045
QUOTE(vibe @ May 13 2020, 09:33 PM) *
Welcome Dexton !

Always pleased to welcome a new fan .

During lockdown I have taken the time to listen to Kylie whom I have never given the time of day to before.

Is it due to your age that you didn’t know these songs were from Madonna ?

Hey! biggrin.gif

I'm the same with regards to Kylie tbh, the odd song of hers I've enjoyed but I can't say I know any more about her music than I did Madonnas!

I think so primarily yeah, I know a lot of the songs from hearing them out and about but that's about it for the most part. I'm not generally someone who only listens to newer music though in fact most of the time I listen to older stuff (older being mostly 90s - mid 00s laugh.gif). Although saying that Madonna had plenty of material in that time period so who knows why she slipped through the cracks for me plus I look at her latest releases now and there's collabs with Swae Lee and Maluma of all people so shes obviously at least trying to keep up with the times!
QUOTE(Hauspital* @ May 13 2020, 11:11 PM) *
Moved these posts here, hope you don't mind happy.gif

DEXTON heart.gif Is this your first Madonna forum post? WELCOME xo Good to see you discovering new music today. Celebration as a collection is a good place to start because it has some of her more recent hits, but avoids the very recent ones which are extremely divisive, oop~

I am most shocked that you didn't really know much of 'Like A Prayer' as a song before this! It's one of (if not the) most impactful pop songs of all time!!

There's the super deluxe double disc version of Celebration too btw, just mentioning whistle.gif

Stick around in the forum - we don't bite!

I think it probably is my first post here! ohmy.gif Well this is my second now. I've doubled my post count in the forum already in one day the posters chart won't know what hits it laugh.gif

I actually quite liked Living For Love when it came out but never thought to listen to anything else from her at the time, whether that'll change now or not I don't know - I do plan on listening to more from Celebration though I had quite the enlightening experience ohmy.gif I do know Like A Prayer but aside from hearing it in passing I never thought much of it tbh, and even now listening it is a good song but why is/was it so huge?

+Quote this post

15 Pages V  « < 12 13 14 15 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 10:24 AM