BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> RW Album. Under The Radar Vol. 1 (2014), Out 1st December
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Better Man
post Nov 28 2014, 12:37 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 12,584
The new album!!!

December, 1 2014

Read more:
http://www.robbiewilliams.com/news-blogs/u...lbum-out-monday

Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Mangř
post Nov 28 2014, 03:31 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 151
Love it when an artist gets all spontaneous with album releases! And LOL @ that cover laugh.gif

+Quote this post
OceanBlue
post Nov 28 2014, 03:51 PM
Post #3
Group icon
New Entry
User: 15,148
What song is that ?
No tracklist, tho' sad.gif

This post has been edited by OceanBlue: Nov 28 2014, 03:51 PM

+Quote this post
___∆___
post Nov 29 2014, 11:57 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 3,155
Pre-ordered the signed version as soon as he made the announcement so hopefully will have been 1 of the first 1,000 to order to get the special edition too!

+Quote this post
Andrew.
post Nov 30 2014, 01:24 AM
Post #5
Group icon
is in hibernation
User: 21,161
http://www.twitcelebgossip.com/9959-robbie...lbum-on-monday/

+Quote this post
slowdown73
post Nov 30 2014, 01:44 AM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 1,031
This album seems to have appeared from no where. It might do OK - look at Beyonce's current album which was also released without much notice.

+Quote this post
jakee
post Nov 30 2014, 03:30 AM
Post #7
Group icon
i thought you wore the hairpiece for style
Pronouns: ·
User: 47
this is what you get when you want to make some extra money from your adoring fanbase: throw a load of tracks sitting around, not good enough for the respective record's they were recorded for, pretend it's just a case they "didn't fit", announce it last minute to draw up 'beyoncé' type release and factor in a release clash with your former boyband's record to spin newspaper and social media headlines.

it'll undoubtedly be very effective in drumming up sales for both records but it's really insulting the support and love of their fanbases, especially robbie's...

+Quote this post
PaPa Ri
post Nov 30 2014, 04:50 AM
Post #8
Group icon
JanWasRobbed
User: 8,335
QUOTE(░░░░ @ Nov 30 2014, 05:30 AM) *
this is what you get when you want to make some extra money from your adoring fanbase: throw a load of tracks sitting around, not good enough for the respective record's they were recorded for, pretend it's just a case they "didn't fit", announce it last minute to draw up 'beyoncé' type release and factor in a release clash with your former boyband's record to spin newspaper and social media headlines.

it'll undoubtedly be very effective in drumming up sales for both records but it's really insulting the support and love of their fanbases, especially robbie's...

Okay A) not all tracks left off records are bad, B) how on EARTH is giving fans a brand new album insulting? and C) only the website-exclusive CD is available on December 1st, the download is out a week later.

+Quote this post
jakee
post Nov 30 2014, 05:45 AM
Post #9
Group icon
i thought you wore the hairpiece for style
Pronouns: ·
User: 47
no, they are not all probably awful, but simple logic shows that no artist leaves off their BEST material from any record for cohesive reasons or otherwise. at the end of the day the tracks weren't good enough for the record they were recorded fpr, the fact he goes into that spiel about chambers wanting the material for future records only extenuates the point of how bogus it all is.

b) releasing an album of reject tracks that span a variety of different genres at christmas isn't an 'album', it's a collection of rejected tracks not good enough over time, being polished up because robbie is an easy casual purchase for that age bracket that younger people do not know who to buy for. similar to "when in doubt, buble"

c) technicalities yet, it can still be billed as a take that vs robbie battle and it'll garner newspaper inches and therefore sales. am i being cynical? absolutely but that is how the music industry works as the death knell on sales sounds. do you genuinely believe that robbie has had something of an epiphany following the birth of his child that all his fans should be able to purchase a mishmash collection of unreleased tracks?

+Quote this post
UKInsider
post Nov 30 2014, 01:14 PM
Post #10
Group icon
New Entry
User: 21,418
Can't wait! Not sure about the artwork though...

+Quote this post
Ryan.
post Nov 30 2014, 01:56 PM
Post #11
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 12,608
Sorry guys but we do have a Robbie Williams forum so this discussion will have to take place over there (even though this thread has got more posts than the one in the artist forum and we all know my views on artist forums!). I'll move this thread to there and the moderators there will hopefully merge them together.

I'll put a post in our Artist Forums news thread so there's still a link from here.

+Quote this post
stevyy
post Dec 1 2014, 11:33 AM
Post #12
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 2,379
i ordered the digital version and the signed copy today. does anybody know what i have to do now that i paid for the digital version and received a confirmation email? i somehow don't know where i can download it from. there are no instructions.???

+Quote this post
Supercell
post Dec 1 2014, 07:53 PM
Post #13
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 11,831
Just stumbled across this, I'm assuming this is on the Album but a cracking tune from Mr Williams, very James Bond-esque, should have been a single. Can't wait to get my hands on this Album.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raNfzW5FT9c

+Quote this post
fogFrog
post Dec 1 2014, 09:13 PM
Post #14
Group icon
New Entry
User: 12,298
Digital version will be available since 8th December (and both CD versions come with a complimentary download of the album).

And the above posted song Bully is on the album and is available as free download in the rw.com shop under the Under the Radar option (complete as a normal purchase and you'll receive order confirmation with a link to download in three formats (mp3, flac, alac)). It's the song used in the coffee commercial of his.

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post Dec 1 2014, 10:13 PM
Post #15
Group icon
Hello?
User: 116
Anyone know the tracklist for this yet? I'm not going to order the CD but I'll download it next week.

+Quote this post
Supercell
post Dec 1 2014, 10:17 PM
Post #16
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
Thank you, downloaded it now. Yes I saw the commercial earlier and hoped it would be on the Under The Radar Album but this will do nicely!

Absolutely love this! Still think this would have been a great single release, miles better than his last few singles thats for sure.

+Quote this post
Better Man
post Dec 2 2014, 07:21 PM
Post #17
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast

+Quote this post
Better Man
post Dec 4 2014, 11:08 PM
Post #18
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
The Album
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjzQdedJKK0...KJz2a1_OmUotU68

cool.gif

+Quote this post
ZiggyStarDust
post Dec 7 2014, 11:38 PM
Post #19
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 1,396
It's quite a mixed bunch of songs on the new CD "Under The Radar Vol 1" but I like it. I say: "Let Vol. 2 come!!"

For the good listener it's clear which song was written in what period rolleyes.gif

Some tracks zapp me back in time and since I like to Timetravel I let the sounds and words resonate thru my Being and echo thru my Soul.

My top 5:

1. The Pilot angel.gif

2. Greenlight wink.gif

3. Surrender dance.gif

4. Bullet teresa.gif

5. H. E. S. cool.gif

I read some comments about throwing a CD onn the market to cash in ....... you silly bunch laugh.gif we live in 2014 .... don't shoot the Enlighted Messenger sleep.gif Wake Up, Wake Up, you can get the songs for free nowwadays tongue.gif

cool.gif

+Quote this post
Supercell
post Dec 8 2014, 08:17 PM
Post #20
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
Just downloaded the mp3 version, so far not too bad. Like Raver, H.E.S is my favourite so far but only on The Climb.

Apparently according to wikipedia, the album sold 211,000 copies last week off his website which would have, if was able to chart beat TT to no.1. However this is wikipedia soI'm taking this with a large pinch of salt.

+Quote this post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 04:58 AM