BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Let's discuss album #16!
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
markivj
post Nov 18 2020, 02:00 AM
Post #1
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Group: Members
Member No.: 78,351
   No Gallery Pics

I know, I know, I know..... it's way too early to be thinking about it, we need to enjoy #15 first!

Normally, a Kylie or Madonna album release is followed by a tour announcement, and then the tour prep, actual tour....all of that itself takes around 2 years so we don't get new stuff soon. But with COVID and everything else going on, I don't see her announcing a global tour anytime soon. And knowing our girl, she gets restless pretty quick and will want to jump on the new project asap.

So, assuming she dives into a studio album, what direction do you think she'll go? Will it be another experimental (like BL, Golden, IP, etc.) or a straight forward dance record (Fever, Aphrodite, Disco)?

I've always wanted her to do a pop-electronica like Ray of Light, or All Saints Black Coffee (William Orbit) or dance-electronica like some of Faithless 90s records. What about you lot?

This post has been edited by markivj: Nov 18 2020, 02:03 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Buzzed
post Nov 18 2020, 12:05 PM
Post #2
New Entry
Member No.: 117,004
   No Gallery Pics

Disco has referenced the disco and French house sounds that inspired Spinning Around, Love at First Sight and In Your Eyes. I’d love for the next album to be influenced by the sleek eighties electronica that provided inspiration for Can’t Get You Out Of My Head, Slow and I Believe In You, taking its cue from the slightly experimental Say Something.

This post has been edited by Buzzed: Nov 18 2020, 01:06 PM

+Quote Post
___∆___
post Nov 18 2020, 12:53 PM
Post #3
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 3,155

So incredible that her next album will be her 16th - the longevity cheeseblock.png

She continues to surprise so I have no idea what to expect from the next era, I mean we’ve gone from country to disco so who knows what could be next laugh.gif

+Quote Post
SmileyKylie
post Nov 18 2020, 01:02 PM
Post #4
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 20,515
   No Gallery Pics

I can see something Acoustic

+Quote Post
Liam.k.
post Nov 18 2020, 01:12 PM
Post #5
BuzzJack Idol
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 12,472

QUOTE(___∆___ @ Nov 18 2020, 12:53 PM) *
So incredible that her next album will be her 16th - the longevity cheeseblock.png

This! Crazy to think she already has more studio albums than Madonna.

+Quote Post
Padamic Tension
post Nov 18 2020, 04:23 PM
Post #6
BuzzJack Idol
Member No.: 845
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Buzzed @ Nov 18 2020, 12:05 PM) *
Disco has referenced the disco and French house sounds that inspired Spinning Around, Love at First Sight and In Your Eyes. I’d love for the next album to be influenced by the sleek eighties electronica that provided inspiration for Can’t Get You Out Of My Head, Slow and I Believe In You, taking its cue from the slightly experimental Say Something.

I would be happy with this, i know its too early to be even talking about album 16 with Disco just out but i think that would be a natural step for the next release, there were small hints of this style with lets get to it but it didnt quiet pull it off but with the how kylie is coming up with the goods these days it may be the right time to move in that direction. Kylie sometimes goes a little left wing after 2 successful albums, she did this after Fever and Light Years and again after X and Aphrodite so she could go in a completely different direction for album 16.

+Quote Post
dabblie
post Nov 18 2020, 05:27 PM
Post #7
BuzzJack Climber
Member No.: 116,075
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Feel_The_Fever @ Nov 18 2020, 11:23 AM) *
Kylie sometimes goes a little left wing after 2 successful albums, she did this after Fever and Light Years and again after X and Aphrodite so she could go in a completely different direction for album 16.

Yes, I can see this happening. And actually, I see the possibility of her next major release being an EP, with a more unexpected sound and featuring collaborations. Somewhat like her Garibay projects, though not necessarily with a similar sound. I can see her making a left turn like that after the big mainstream successes of Glastonbury and DISCO.

I think the hardcore fans would go wild if she did an "experimental" EP with Jon Green smile.gif

+Quote Post
Padamic Tension
post Nov 18 2020, 05:40 PM
Post #8
BuzzJack Idol
   No Gallery Pics

Experimental one off releases are fine like she done before on various collab singles etc but i would hate for her to go off track with the her next album again, alot of work has gone into getting her popularity up since she joined bmg and as we have seen before the left wing album releases alienate fans which we dont want to see happening, and for selfish reasons i dont want it to happen either as im loving the music kylies is releasing since she joined bmg, im not up for another kylie christmas or kiss me once.

+Quote Post
Dizzycow
post Nov 18 2020, 07:44 PM
Post #9
New Entry
Member No.: 117,198
   No Gallery Pics

I’d be surprised if BMG wouldn’t want to capitalise on the success of this album/era. I suspect a remix album featuring collaborations is likely. After that, I think we should expect another commercially geared album before she finally pursues something a little more left field - jazz etc. Given that it took her so long to regain lost ground(KMO), I’ll be surprised if she takes another gamble so quickly.

+Quote Post
___∆___
post Nov 18 2020, 07:54 PM
Post #10
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 3,155

^^ I think the same, Kylie is at a really important part in her career and she is also a business woman. A misstep now could wipe out future success as she hasn’t got 6+ years to spare repairing the damage.

I think we will get another very solid album - both Golden and Disco are great pieces of work, and commercial and accessible - it’s what the general public and fans want from Kylie rather than a Garbay/Skirt type outing.

+Quote Post
Padamic Tension
post Nov 18 2020, 09:13 PM
Post #11
BuzzJack Idol
   No Gallery Pics

Golden and Disco are very commercial and kylie needs to stay on that road. I completely agree that a misstep now could wipe out future success and she def hasn’t got 6+ years to spare repairing the damage, also throw in a declining albums market she would be just throwing her success away.

+Quote Post
markivj
post Nov 18 2020, 11:41 PM
Post #12
BuzzJack Enthusiast
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(SmileyKylie @ Nov 18 2020, 05:02 AM) *
I can see something Acoustic

I HOPE NOT!!

+Quote Post
Padamic Tension
post Nov 18 2020, 11:51 PM
Post #13
BuzzJack Idol
   No Gallery Pics

Big no to acoustic from me.

+Quote Post
markivj
post Nov 19 2020, 12:01 AM
Post #14
BuzzJack Enthusiast
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Feel_The_Fever @ Nov 18 2020, 01:13 PM) *
Golden and Disco are very commercial and kylie needs to stay on that road. I completely agree that a misstep now could wipe out future success and she def hasn’t got 6+ years to spare repairing the damage, also throw in a declining albums market she would be just throwing her success away.

Well said! Plus older she gets, even radio support will diminish. I was upset that R1 never bothered playing a snippet of her songs at all.

+Quote Post
Jessie Where
post Nov 19 2020, 12:36 AM
Post #15
Break the tension
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 51

I'm not too worried re: success, she's reached a point where she's happy with her life and she's got nothing to prove. But, she's found a team now that know what they're doing and how to market her effectively for the point she's at in her career so whatever direction they take next I have confidence in their ability to make it work.

+Quote Post
Jordanlee
post Nov 19 2020, 12:50 AM
Post #16
Jord
Member No.: 27,116

I don’t think she’s gonna steer too far down the experimental road but I don’t think it’ll be exactly like DISCO either.

I think she might do something more 80s inspired like a pop based glam rock inspired album.

She’s in a great position tbh leading up to the next era and her team will definitely advise her in the right way.

+Quote Post
Padamic Tension
post Nov 19 2020, 01:45 PM
Post #17
BuzzJack Idol
   No Gallery Pics

80s style electronic could be great, id like a mixture of an 80;s sound with sounds of tracks like the one and like a drug.

+Quote Post
markivj
post Dec 2 2020, 03:45 PM
Post #18
BuzzJack Enthusiast
   No Gallery Pics

Yes, "The one" and "LAD" are both my favourites. Throw in a bit of Speakerphone as well!

+Quote Post
markivj
post Dec 14 2020, 02:23 AM
Post #19
BuzzJack Enthusiast
   No Gallery Pics

Taylor's Evermore release made me think: stars like Madonna and Kylie usually release an album, announce a tour - and boom...it's 2-3 years at least before we get a new album. But with no potential touring in 2021, could album #16 come sooner than expected?

+Quote Post
SmileyKylie
post Dec 14 2020, 07:45 AM
Post #20
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 20,515
   No Gallery Pics

I think we will definitely get something else in 2021. They may just stretch Disco and add some EPs etc and then maybe a Super Deluxe etc maybe Q3 next year? Or just an extended remix album would work well and could easily go to number 1 again in a quiet week

I mean what else will she do for the year? They probably have plenty of tracks also like the Mousse T and Alex Gaudino tracks....

Maybe a Disco covers album to chuck out?

Collabs? Will she get the Dua Lipa one on Real Groove, don't think so , but I definitely think Jessie Ware will release with her.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:12 AM