BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Why Didn't You Make It?
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Regina
post 2nd February 2015, 06:56 PM
Post #1
Group icon
Raining Shitter
User: 5,572
In a similar manner to the thread about missed singles, this is a thread to talk about Kylie's MANY unreleased songs that shoulda been on her albums. Some even were good enough for a single release.

GO! GO! GO!
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post 2nd February 2015, 07:26 PM
Post #2
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51
'Tightrope' on Fever in place of 'Give It To Me'.

'Made Of Glass' on Ultimate Kylie, but not in place of anything.

'Rippin' Up The Disco', 'Fall For You', 'Magnetic Electric' and 'Do It Again' (perhaps 'Cherry Bomb' and 'Carried Away' too) to be considered for X instead of deadwood like 'Cosmic' and 'Heart Beat Rock'.

'Silence' and 'Might Rivers' to be on Aphrodite instead of 'Can't Beat The Feeling'.

I don't know with Kiss Me Once, 'Sparks' is better than some of the tracks but it's not a major crime it didn't make the cut. I would say the Garibay tracks but I'm pretty sure they didn't even exist when the album was released and are seperate. Either way, at least two of them are too good to go to waste.

+Quote this post
Red Blooded Man
post 3rd February 2015, 04:42 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 822
I would add "Lose Control" to the deserving single to make to the X album.

+Quote this post
MrIndependent
post 3rd February 2015, 09:15 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 9,520
I Just Wanna Love You which I think was recorded during the Enjoy Yourself era. In any case, it's one of her only fantastic PWL b-sides along with Say the Word, I'll Be There.

Love Takes Over Me and Take Me With You from Impossible Princess.

Tightrope from Fever but not in place of anything (it, Good Like That, Rendesvouz At Sunset and Whenever You Feel Like It all could have been on a deluxe edition if they were a thing back in 2001).

Cruise Control, City Games, You Make Me Feel and Slo Motion also could have been on a deluxe edition of Body Language.

(I bring up deluxe editions for Fever and Body Language because I think the standard albums are fine as they are, and they are structured incredibly well.)

Rippin' Up the Disco, Magnetic Electric and Cherry Bomb from X.

Mighty Rivers from Aphrodite. I love Heartstrings but I don't think it's a necessity to the album.

Sparks deserved to be a track on all editions of Kiss Me Once, as did Sleeping With the Enemy.

+Quote this post
MrIndependent
post 3rd February 2015, 09:22 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Honourable mentions to other b-sides that I really enjoy:

Tears from Impossible Princess. Fantastic electronic track.

Paper Dolls and Ocean Blue from Light Years. The latter would make a good replacement for Bittersweet Goodbye which is quite out of place, and Paper Dolls is a gorgeous song but it also doesn't really fit the tone of the album.

I like the other four songs from Fever (Boy, Harmony, Baby, Never Spoken), but I think Kylie made the right decision to leave them off the album.

Soul On Fire from Body Language. Again, lovely song which doesn't complement the overall mood of that record.

I think a lot of the b-sides and unreleased tracks from the X era are overrated. Bite me.

+Quote this post
Regina
post 5th February 2015, 04:10 PM
Post #6
Group icon
Raining Shitter
User: 5,572
QUOTE(MrIndependent @ Feb 3 2015, 10:22 PM) *
Honourable mentions to other b-sides that I really enjoy:

Tears from Impossible Princess. Fantastic electronic track.

Paper Dolls and Ocean Blue from Light Years. The latter would make a good replacement for Bittersweet Goodbye which is quite out of place, and Paper Dolls is a gorgeous song but it also doesn't really fit the tone of the album.

I like the other four songs from Fever (Boy, Harmony, Baby, Never Spoken), but I think Kylie made the right decision to leave them off the album.

Soul On Fire from Body Language. Again, lovely song which doesn't complement the overall mood of that record.

I think a lot of the b-sides and unreleased tracks from the X era are overrated. Bite me.

If Bittersweet Goodbye is out of place then so is Ocean Blue surely? laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post 5th February 2015, 07:09 PM
Post #7
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51
I would say 'I'm So High' is also out of place, by that token.

+Quote this post
MrIndependent
post 5th February 2015, 10:01 PM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Ocean Blue probably is out of place, lol, but if she wanted to stick a ballad in there then Ocean Blue would have been the much better choice. I'm So High I don't think is out of place; it's a good companion to Kids which is placed right after it.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 23rd April 2024, 01:15 PM