BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
9 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Films You Have Watched In 2017!, List & Discuss Any Film You Have Watched Here In 2017!
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Josh!
post Jun 1 2017, 08:36 PM
Post #121
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692
QUOTE(Regina @ Jun 1 2017, 09:33 PM) *
The Hurt Locker is a hard film to wathc but worth it.

I liked Rachel Getting Married, for Sebby tho obv.

He's in it for like 30 seconds max!! laugh.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Regina
post Jun 1 2017, 08:51 PM
Post #122
Group icon
Raining Shitter
User: 5,572
Best 30 seconds ever tho.

+Quote this post
Regina
post Jun 5 2017, 09:45 PM
Post #123
Group icon
Raining Shitter
The Accidental Husband

A bit of an odd plot but Uma is so bonkers it kinda worked laugh.gif

Camp X-ray

Not an easy movie to watch but gripping nevertheless. Kristen Stewart doesn't get enough recognition for her acting, she was great in this.

A Guy Thing

If not for Julia Stiles, I would have given up on this. Plot was just too odd. A bit too raunchy for it to be a rom=rom chick flick but still too tame.

Married To The Mob

BY the time he action kicks up and theres a decent plot, the film ends laugh.gif still, nice enough movie.

+Quote this post
KatMus
post Jun 7 2017, 02:37 PM
Post #124
Group icon
New Entry
User: 32,923
My list:
1. Hacksaw Ridge
2. Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
3. Unbroken

I know this film isn't new, but A Dog's Purpose is philosophical, kind and humane film. Like it! heart.gif

+Quote this post
Josh!
post Jun 9 2017, 03:32 PM
Post #125
Group icon
c:
Closer (2004) - Didn't really know what to expect when I started watching this but I loved how juicy the plot was, it was like plot twist after plot twist and all the betrayals were so interesting to watch. I loved Natalie Portman's character the most (I loved the ending where you see she just got the name Alice from the memorial on the wall and she was telling Clive Owen's character the truth about her name all along) but I was really impressed with Clive Owen too, he suited the role to a T. Jude Law also look gorgeous as per usual ~

Milk (2008) - Definitely an important story to tell and I'm glad I've found about the man that was Harvey Milk but I didn't find the film itself that engaging and I actually found a lot of the characters quite irritating which made it a bit of a chore to watch. Sean Penn was certainly impressive in the role and I liked both James Franco and Josh Brolin, a shame the former never received any awards attention for the role. Some parts were very effective too (the hanging and final murder scene had my mouth agape).

Educating Rita (1983) - A lovely little film this was and I can see why it's now regarded as a British classic, it is so very British laugh.gif The two leads were perfect for their roles and I enjoyed the chemistry they shared throughout the film, it made the ending even more bittersweet. Julie Walters was a right laugh in this film too, she had so many great one liners, one of the best characters I've seen her portray.

Chocolat (2000) - The film was a little boring to be honest but I was kept interested with all the yummy chocolate on display. I thought it was going to end about five times too but it just seemed to keep on going which was a bit annoying laugh.gif Juliette Binoche played a very likable character and I liked following her story, the injection of Johnny Depp made things a little interesting for a while too but overall, I did feel the film was a bit of a drag.

+Quote this post
Regina
post Jun 13 2017, 01:34 PM
Post #126
Group icon
Raining Shitter
Hello, My Name Is Doris

Other than the fact I feel I'll grown into a Doris type character, I found this a bit of a bore to watch, even though Sally Field and Max Greenfield were pretty decent in it.

Catfight

Disturbing movie laugh.gif was hooke din by Sandra Oh and she slayed in this. The way it goes from normal to violent to mad to emotional and then back to normal was an interesting plot mover and it kept the flow interesting.

The Burbs

Really funny and a strong cast. Carrie Fisher needed to be in it more though.

Stranger Than Fiction

Odd in the sense that I enjoyed a Will Ferral movie, he was really good in this

+Quote this post
Regina
post Jun 17 2017, 01:29 PM
Post #127
Group icon
Raining Shitter
While We're Young

I found this pretty decent in parts (namelyany scene Naomi Watts was in) but utterly crappy in others. The two male leads were really annoying and unlikeable. Amanda Seyfried had her moments of annoyance but for the most part saved the movie along with Naoimi. Great idea for a movie though, I like seeing the older couple being taught how to be free by the younger one.

One Night

Interesting plot, even though I'm still not totally sure about what happened laugh.gif I love movies that last over the period of a day or two, really puts you in the moment. 4 really good leads who acted well and had good chemistry too.

This post has been edited by Regina: Jun 17 2017, 01:29 PM

+Quote this post
Josh!
post Jun 23 2017, 10:58 AM
Post #128
Group icon
c:
Billy Elliot (2000) - The perfect film to put a smile on your face! I especially loved the Durham setting too as someone who used to love in Newcastle. Jamie Bell was very well cast and I loved Julie Walters, she's always loads of fun and this performance was no exception. Was hoping I'd get to hear "Electricity" though, didn't realise the musical came after the film!

Rain Man (1988) - It's not hard to see why this is regarded as such a classic, it's a perfect balance of emotion and laughs and I really enjoyed it. Hoffman was impressive but that's come to be expected due to his reputation as one of Hollywood's best actors. I was more impressed by Tom Cruise who I really believed as the character he played, it's such a shame he does no serious films anymore sad.gif

Klute (1971) - Didn't know what to expect going into this but I thought it was brilliant and had me on the edge of my seat for the whole thing. That whispery, twinkling score is enough to get anyone's heart pumping. I was really impressed with Jane Fonda too, that end scene was spine-chilling when she bursts into the tears after hearing the clip of her friend's screams. Sort of have a crush on Donald Sutherland now looool drama.gif

The Manchurian Candidate (2004) - Been looking forward to seeing this since I saw the original film and I did enjoy it but it's definitely not as good. Frank Sinatra, Laurence Harvey, Angela Lansbury and Janet Leigh ALL did better jobs than their current counterparts here although Streep probably came the closest but then it is a real treat of a role to watch anyway. I liked that it wasn't a scene by scene remake and actually had a few twists but I think the ending of the original packed a bigger punch too. Still enjoyed it though as the main storyline is just so good!

+Quote this post
DalekTurret32
post Jun 23 2017, 06:10 PM
Post #129
Group icon
FIVE YEARS OF THE TURRET 15-20
User: 21,666
Monsters Inc and The Simpsons I saw in film club. Really enjoyed these.

+Quote this post
Josh!
post Jul 4 2017, 02:21 PM
Post #130
Group icon
c:
Annie Hall (1977) - I wouldn't say this is my favourite Woody Allen film that I've seen but I can see why it has become such a classic. It had me really laughing at moments and some scenes were so clever/creative, I loved the cartoon segment and also the 4th wall breaking moments. Diane Keaton was perfect for the lead role too, she added so much tp the character with her style and line delivery. Another fab Allen film to add to the collection - going to watch "Manhattan" next!

The Others (2001) - I'm not usually the keenest on horror films so I'm glad this was more suspenseful than scary, it still had my heart beating fast at moments. Nicole was fab as the lead and it's a shame she couldn't get the Oscar nomination despite hitting some of the precursors but there's always a big hurdle for actors in genre films like this, I guess. I loved the ending too, I was shocked at the twist when they found the graves/dead people picture and the further twist after that was even better. Brilliant ending!

Away From Her (2006) - This is the sort of film I've seen so many times now so it feels a bit less touching than it otherwise would be but a lot of the scenes still packed a big emotional punch in the same way as films like Still Alice and Iris. Julie Christie was brilliant and you really felt her character deteriorating throughout the film but I'm glad the Academy chose Cotillard as their winner this year heart.gif

Hugo (2011) - I wasn't really expecting much from this film but it really surprised me at how much of an interesting story it was. I've been reading up about Georges Méliès ever since and his life was incredibly interesting and I'm shocked that most of his story in the film was genuinely true, I actually assumed he was a fictional character at first! The child acting was really good too and I thought Helen McCrory also was great even with limited screentime - a shame she doesn't get more movie roles to be honest sad.gif

+Quote this post
Josh!
post Jul 6 2017, 09:09 AM
Post #131
Group icon
c:
Manhattan (1979) - I feel like this had a bit less charm to it than some of Allen's other films but it was still very uniquely written and I enjoyed the black and white cinematography too. The ongoing love hexagon made for some fun moments but it's a shame we didn't get to see more of the supporting cast - I thought both Meryl Streep and Mariel Hemingway were both huge cast highlights with not much screen time (a huge shame that the former was only in the film for about three scenes sad.gif)

The Purple Rose of Cairo (1985) - Not one of Allen's most eloquently written films so I can see why it's not as much of a classic as the rest but the plot was loads of fun and I enjoyed the storyline. The movie character jumping out the screen into real life sets itself up for loads of funny gags, I thought brothel scene was a fun idea, for example. Why do I have a crush on 1980s Jeff Daniels though drama.gif

Marie Antoinette (2006) - I thought I'd watch this in preparation for The Beguiled coming out soon. I can see why it was so divisive but personally, I liked the twist on the traditional biopic format and I thought the juxtaposing music choices (in comparison to the time period of the film) made it all the more interesting. Kirsten Dunst was great as usual too, excited to see and Kidman in TB now next week w00t.gif

A quick Woody Allen personal ranking because why not? I'd still like to see more though!

1. Bullets Over Broadway (1994)
2. Blue Jasmine (2013)
3. The Purple Rose of Cairo (1985)
4. Vicky Cristina Barcelona (2008)
5. Annie Hall (1977)
6. Mighty Aphrodite (1995)
7. Hannah and Her Sisters (1986)
8. Midnight In Paris (2011)
9. Manhattan (1979)
10. Café Society (2016)

Havin the recent ones quite high might be a bit contoversial but I enjoyed BJ and VCB loads wub.gif

+Quote this post
Regina
post Jul 9 2017, 01:32 PM
Post #132
Group icon
Raining Shitter
Scooby Doo and the Music of the Vampire

MUSICAL SCOOBY DOO. What more could you want?

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post Jul 9 2017, 03:49 PM
Post #133
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947
Just watched Bridget jones baby and it was incredible, as good as the first two for me and I adore Renee 💖 Also rewatched the classic devil wears prada yesterday *.* seen so many films recently which I'll comment on when I'm back properly!

Also I'm seeing baby driver in an American cinema tonight and I am beyond hyped!! *.*

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post Jul 9 2017, 03:50 PM
Post #134
Group icon
new hair, new tee, new Levii’s Jeans
User: 21,308
Finally saw Alien: Covenant, and it wasn't at all what I was expecting, which is very refreshing.

+Quote this post
Regina
post Jul 14 2017, 10:35 AM
Post #135
Group icon
Raining Shitter
Fan4stic

WHAT. AN. ABOMINATION.

WHY do they feel the need to so drastically change the origin story? They are meant to go into space and get washed with cosmic radiation.
NONE of the 4 characters has ant traits of the comic cersions. And there was NO chemistry at all. WHERE was the romance between Reed and Sue? WHERE was the brother-sister closeness between Sue and Johnny. WHERE was the banter between Ben and Johnny?
WHY was Doom involved in the space stuff? And the annoying habit of making his metal suit part of him NO. Giving him organic superpowers NO.
He is meant to be vain and after getting a tiny scar in a lab accident, he goes to Tibet and gets a metal mask fitted, but puts it on too soon and really scars his face. So he wears it all the time along with a suit which gives him power, he also dabbles in sorcery.

The 2005 one had its flaws but for the most part was a good representation. Have even more respect for Jessica Alba. Kate Mara has all the charisma and precense of a potato and when her dad dies in the movie you ight as well replace him with a pigeon stealing her chips for all the emotion she puts in.

+Quote this post
DalekTurret32
post Jul 15 2017, 06:13 PM
Post #136
Group icon
Saw Despicable Me 3 in the cinema [9.0]

+Quote this post
Josh!
post Jul 19 2017, 11:46 AM
Post #137
Group icon
c:
One True Thing (1998) - I liked this but mainly for Meryl. The plot was a little been there, done that but she made the film much more watchable, seeing her health deteriorate was really heart-breaking and I loved the ending finding out that she took the drugs herself. Renee Zellweger was fun too but she had much less to work with in her role.

Revolutionary Road (2008) - I liked how fast this seemed to move, every scene had a big moment in it which made for really exciting viewing. Winslet and DiCaprio can act the hell out of an argument scene and this is perfectly showcased here and they both did great jobs with their outburst scenes. The ending got me a bit too, seeing her bleed out and him waiting in the waiting room was tough to watch. Shout out to Michael Shannon for stealing the show in his scenes too.

Fargo (1996) - I was expecting to love this anyway but it was really good, I feel like the awkwardness of some scenes and dialogue made it really interesting and unique (especially the dinner scene with her Asian friend which was so awkwardly funny laugh.gif). The plot was really interesting and everyone did a great job with acting. I must say that William H Macy was probably my favourite cast member tbh, McDormand was fun but wasn't even in it that much which I was shocked about ohmy.gif

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post Jul 20 2017, 03:47 PM
Post #138
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947
Revolutionary Road & Fargo are fab wub.gif Kate should've won her Oscar for RR!

Have so much to post in here over the next couple of days!!

+Quote this post
Regina
post Jul 22 2017, 05:50 PM
Post #139
Group icon
Raining Shitter
The Expendables 1,2 and 3.

These aren't really my types of movies but I do like me some Sly Stallone. Really surprised with how much I enjoyed these movies. The core cast were all brilliant and all had a strong plot which was more than the usual "go shoot baddies". Not much more but enough to set them apart from other action movies.

Pretty shocked at how much I was impressed by Liam Hemsworth in the second one, he pulled off the American accent much better than I've ever seen Chris do and it was a shame he wasn't in it more. Also felt more personal as a movie compared to the others, and showed how close these men are.
The third had potential to feel bloated due to the additional players but it never got to the point where it was too much and THAT FINAL FIGHT SCENE OMFG.

For me it went 2 > 3 > 1 in terms of them.

The Impossible

Naomi Watts is right up there with Amy Adams as one of my all time faves. Seriously talented and one of this generations best. I've never seen her not deliver and it pains me to see her wthout more awards success, even moreso to see her with more Razzie nods than Golden Globes or Oscar nods.
Kinda sad to see Ewan McGregor get overlooked as he was also really good in this, as was Tom Holland. The parts of him and Naomi in the hospital were really emotional. The visuals in this movie were brilliant too.

The Mechanic

I LOVE BEN FOSTER. Brilliant actor and so good in this. Jason Statham plays the same guy in every movie and it kinda gets old but he's likeable enough and has the talent to pull it off.
Intense movie and really interesting seeing how Statham takes out his enemies.

Mechanic Resurrection

A wild Jessica Alba appears ohmy.gif wish she was in more movies. This one felt a bit more generic than the first but I enjoyed all the scenery and some of the ways he went about his kills were genius. Jessica was a bit hit and miss, her character went from being too helpless to some kind of badass who could easily handle herself.

127 Hours

Holy shit, this movie. I think James was more deserving of the Oscar than Colin, although I can't be too mad about his winning. It always amazes me how James can go from stuff like Pineapple Express and Your Highness to films like these laugh.gif

+Quote this post
DalekTurret32
post Jul 26 2017, 10:32 AM
Post #140
Group icon
Aladdin: What better way to start off the summer than to watch one of my favourite animated movies. [10.0]
Legend (2015): Saw this on my Kindle Fire whilst on a plane journey. This was an excellent movie showing us the Kray twins. Tom Hardy plays both of the twins, and he does it really well. Some extreme violence, but an interesting film otherwise. [10.0]

+Quote this post

9 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 09:01 AM