BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Murder In The Outback
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
crazy chris
post Jun 7 2020, 06:33 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 53
A very in-depth 4 part investigation in to the attack on Joanne Lees and Peter Falconio in the Aussie outback in July 2001. She escaped but he was murdered, supposedly by Bradley Murdoch who was convicted of the crime. Many people found holes in Joanne's story though, including some legal professionals such as Andrew Fraser. He thinks there's much more to this case than meets the eye. Ep.1 looks at the crime and crime scene with Ep.2 looking at the relationship, Joanne Lees and her version of events. Ep3. looks at the case against Murdoch in detail and Ep.4. a look at the DNA evidence which convicted him and sums everything up. Falconio's body was never found. Theories are that Joanne killed him or he wanted to disappear.

All 4 episodes available on All4 from 10.15pm.

This post has been edited by Crazy Chris: Jun 7 2020, 08:32 PM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
King Rollo
post Jun 7 2020, 10:05 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 23,961
Having watched the first episode,I can't understand how he was found guilty but there's a lot we haven't been told yet. I'm looking forward to seeing how this progresses.

+Quote this post
crazy chris
post Jun 11 2020, 07:19 AM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Well after all 4 episodes it's fair to say we're not any wiser really as to what happened. Parts of her story don't add up. There wasn't enough blood on the road for someone to have bled to death and in fact it was shown in tests to contain animal DNA as if it had been mixed for a fake death scene.

Joanne's now 45 and lives in Huddersfield, West Yorks, but makes annual trips to the Outback too. She was working with a local sculptor to erect a statue monument to him at the scene.

The possible sighting a week after the incident is interesting with the couple at the garage saying they're 200% sure it was him. The woman's a court clerk so considered very reliable. Could he have faked his death with help from Joanne or someone else? Could she not even know this?

This post has been edited by Crazy Chris: Jun 11 2020, 08:13 PM

+Quote this post
King Rollo
post Jun 11 2020, 08:31 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 23,961
It's still a big mystery. Her story about hiding in a bush close to the side of the road for 5 hours and not being found sounds very dubious when she said the attacker had a dog with him.

Peter Falconio may well have faked his own death but I'm not sure why if there was no insurance policy.

We were never told in the programme where Murdoch claimed to be at the time of the attack. I'm assuming he was unable to provide an alibi.

Whether he did it or not,I don't think he should have been found guilty based on the evidence presented.

+Quote this post
crazy chris
post Jun 11 2020, 09:49 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
QUOTE(King Rollo @ Jun 11 2020, 09:31 PM) *
It's still a big mystery. Her story about hiding in a bush close to the side of the road for 5 hours and not being found sounds very dubious when she said the attacker had a dog with him.

Peter Falconio may well have faked his own death but I'm not sure why if there was no insurance policy.

We were never told in the programme where Murdoch claimed to be at the time of the attack. I'm assuming he was unable to provide an alibi.

Whether he did it or not,I don't think he should have been found guilty based on the evidence presented.

Agreed. I think there was reasonable doubt. Why didn't his dog find her? Also she described his dog as a "sheep-dog" yet it was a dalmation, or part-dalmation. She didn't mention any spots.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 11:49 PM