BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Least Favorite Disney Animated Classic Round 6, Biddidi-Bobbidi-Boo
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
I've got no strings to tie me down
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 19
Guests cannot vote 
Nina West
post Nov 28 2015, 08:45 PM
Post #1
We're all Glitter and Tears in the Moonlight...
Group: Members
Member No.: 19,846
   No Gallery Pics

Welcome to Round 6 of Least Favourite Disney Classic and after another triple elimination, we are now down to 33 and the competition is now getting strong as I say now we have weeded out the weak ones (mainly) and remaining are some truly amazing animated classics.

"Brother Bear" gets by far the most votes with 11 which leaves 3 remaining from the 00's era. "Atlantis: The Lost Empire" gains the 2nd highest with 7, after coming close in the previous 2 rounds, it finally runs out of luck, this also makes Disney's first attempt at Sci-Fi. Then finally the 2011 sequel "Winnie The Pooh" bows out, leaving no more sequels left in the running, but outlasting the original with got voted out in round 3. This also makes the first from this decade of Disney era's to leave as well.

As for the others "Fantasia" comes close with 5 votes, but really hope that this can hold out a bit longer. "Bolt" and "Princess and the Frog" are both starting to pick up votes gaining 4 each. "The Emperor's New Groove" gains 3 votes, it's most so far after 4 rounds of no more than 1 vote. "The Aristocats" gains 2 votes and just o other movies gained just 1 vote.

36th Brother Bear = 11 Votes

At #36 is "Brother Bear" from 2003 and marks the 2nd time Phil Collins sung on the soundtrack, after previously providing for "Tarzan". However while that was a fantastic movie from their mammoth 90's era, this was brought out at a time where their animation was struggling and this is no exception. While not a bad effort, in fact I actually quite liked it but it just feels like it could have been something truly great, with it's beautiful Canadian landscapes, brilliant effects and interesting concept. But what went wrong was it's execution, everything just feels recycled from other greats such as "The Lion King" and "The Fox and the Hound" and plus nothing about it sets it apart from Disney's other great classics.

35th Atlantis: The Lost Empire = 7 Votes

At #35 "Atlantis: The Lost Empire" finally bows out after gaining 7 votes in 3 rounds in a row. Firstly I have to say that visually it's beautiful, with some great action set pieces and awesome effects and I have to commend them for trying to make a more adult animation movie, But while it's gorgeous to look at, it just falls so flat in many ways, lacking focus and bland characters. Okay I thought the main lead voiced by Michael J Fox was really good and features the first ever black Disney princess in Kida, but is overlooked due to this movie not being that successful. But the other characters are simply disposable, along with a really weak villain. Most of them aren't very engaging and often the story just feels dragged out and doesn't keep you interested all the way through.

34th Winnie The Pooh (2011) = 6 Votes

Finally at #34 we have "Winnie The Pooh", this marks the 3rd time only that the Disney studio made a sequel that gets a cinematic release, the first being "The Rescuers" & "The Rescuers Down Under", "Fantasia" and "Fantasia 2000" and to date this is their last hand drawn animation and coming off the back of two smash hits "Tangled" and "Wreck It Ralph". This is definitely stronger than the original Winnie The Pooh, with better animation and has been updated really well without alienating fans of the original. Okay I may not be a fan of Winnie The Pooh myself, but this is a very decent effort and coming from the new classics era of Disney.

Okay now then 21 movies have now gone and there are 33 left, you know how this works, vote for your least favourite 3 Disney movies, and the 3 with the most will be voted out by the next round which will be on Monday 30th November.

Results So Far

34th = Winnie The Pooh = 6 Votes/11.76%
35th = Atlantis: The Lost Empire = 7 Votes/13.73%
36th = Brother Bear = 11 Votes/21.57%
=38th = Treasure Planet = 8 Votes/8.70&
=38th = Basil The Great Mouse Detective = 8 Votes/8.70%
39th = The Rescuers = 9 Votes/9.78%
40th = The Black Cauldron = 10 Votes/10.87%
=42nd = The Rescuers Down Under = 8 Votes/7.21%
=42nd = Oliver & Company = 8 Votes/7.21%
43rd = The Many Adventures Of Winnie The Pooh = 9 Votes/8.11%
44th = Meet The Robinsons = 17 Votes/15.32%
=46th = Fantasia 2000 = 8 Votes/8.60%
=46th = Chicken Little = 8 Votes/8.60%
47th = Home On The Range = 9 Votes/9.68%
48th = The Adventures Of Ichabod and Mr Toad = 10 Votes/10.75%
49th = The Three Caberellos = 14 Votes/15.05%
50th = Dinosaur = 8 Votes/6.96%
=53rd = Fun & Fancy Free = 10 Votes/8.70%
=53rd = Make Mine Music = 10 Votes/8.70%
=53rd = Sauldos Amigos = 10 Votes/8.70%
54th = Melody Time = 11 Votes/9.57%

This post has been edited by Acidburn: Nov 28 2015, 10:37 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TNSEL AND WIRED™
post Nov 28 2015, 08:50 PM
Post #2
controversial biege i mean relic of buzzjack
Member No.: 21,005

Dumbo, Aris..., Pocahontas and Princess....

Another 2 out that I wanted more or less biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Nina West
post Nov 28 2015, 08:58 PM
Post #3
We're all Glitter and Tears in the Moonlight...
Member No.: 19,846
   No Gallery Pics

The Aristocats, The Fox and the Hound & Bolt

+Quote Post
*Tim
post Nov 28 2015, 09:52 PM
Post #4
Bitch of t seet
Member No.: 16,660

QUOTE(Acidburn @ Nov 28 2015, 09:58 PM) *
The Aristocats, The Fox and the Hound & Bolt

Wot is wrong with U?

+Quote Post
Cameron
post Nov 28 2015, 09:54 PM
Post #5
THE BLAZE *.*
Member No.: 18,061

The Black Cauldron out? Y'all need V-esus and Godchelle.

+Quote Post
Tafty³³³
post Nov 28 2015, 10:19 PM
Post #6
I found the love, I found the love in me
Group: Genre Mod
Member No.: 5,042

Dulltasia/Emperor's New Groove/Princess & The Frog for me.

All of you who are voting for 'Sword In the Stone'... mad.gif !!!!

+Quote Post
Leonardo
post Nov 28 2015, 10:49 PM
Post #7
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 11,502

Bolt, Big Hero 6 & Emperor's New Groove.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:08 AM