BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Josh's Top 60 Nicki Minaj Songs, FINISHED! Full list in OP and on page 7 :D
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Theonix
post Sep 14 2017, 03:55 PM
Post #21
Group icon
BUY Phoenix on Amazon / STREAM Phoenix on Spotify
User: 8,661
QUOTE(Josh! @ Sep 14 2017, 04:44 PM) *
[i]Favourite lyrics:
"Pull up in the monster
Automobile gangster
With a bad bitch that came from Sri Lanka
Yeah I'm in that Tonka, colour of Willy Wonka
You could be the King but watch the Queen conquer
OK first things first I'll eat your brains
Then I'mma start rocking gold teeth and fangs
'Cause that's what a motherf***ing monster do
Hairdresser from Milan, that's the monster do
Monster Giuseppe heel that's the monster shoe
Young Money is the roster and a monster crew
And I'm all up all up all up in the bank with the funny face
And if I'm fake I ain't notice 'cause my money ain't
Let me get this straight wait I'm the rookie
But my features and my shows ten times your pay?
50k for a verse, no album out!
Yeah my money's so tall that my Barbie's gotta climb it
Hotter than a middle eastern climate
Find it Tony Matterhorn dutty wine it
While it, Nicki on them titties when I sign it
Have these niggas so one-track minded
But really really I don't give a F-U-C-K
Forget Barbie f*** Nicki 'cause she's fake
She on a diet but her pockets eating cheese cake
And I'll say Bride of Chucky is child's play
Just killed another career it's a mild day
Besides 'Ye they can't stand besides me
I think me, you and Am should ménage Friday
Pink wig, thick ass, give em whiplash
I think big get cash make em blink fast
Now look at what you just saw, this is what you live for
Ah, I'm a motherf***ing monster!"

What a verse! wub.gif
I completely agree with you about just automatically singing along to her section! I do like it on the whole though but I don't go back to it as much because of its length.

Also, can we take a moment to appreciate Adele's version in Carpool Karaoke last year? laugh.gif

Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Josh!
post Sep 15 2017, 03:16 PM
Post #22
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692
QUOTE(THEO. @ Sep 14 2017, 04:55 PM) *
What a verse! wub.gif
I completely agree with you about just automatically singing along to her section! I do like it on the whole though but I don't go back to it as much because of its length.

Also, can we take a moment to appreciate Adele's version in Carpool Karaoke last year? laugh.gif

Yes, I loved watching her Carpool Karaoke when it was released and finding out she knew all the words ohmy.gif laugh.gif If the whole song was just Nicki's verse then it would legit be the best song of her career laugh.gif

Thanks for commenting, Theo ! wub.gif
QUOTE(THEO. @ Sep 14 2017, 04:31 PM) *
"G.A.Y." or whatever it's abbreviated to is a terrible song but Nicki's rap is truly stunning - hence my slightly generous rating in the rate thread.

"No Frauds" was a grower, it's not the best collaboration between those three artists but I like it for what it is and the video is great biggrin.gif

Yeah, Nicki's rap is easily the highlight of the entire song. A shame that it's so short though because it's over in a matter of seconds sad.gif

Thanks for commenting!

QUOTE(HarryEzra @ Sep 14 2017, 04:34 PM) *
All three of them are okay songs but I don't go back to them much sad.gif

Same really but I've been going back to No Frauds a fair bit this month and enjoying it a lot. In the past, Regret In Your Tears was my favourite of her three single release thing but this has really grown on me since then.

QUOTE(HarryEzra @ Sep 14 2017, 04:41 PM) *
Omg those favourite lyrics I love them wub.gif

I love it when she plays on words like that wub.gif The song itself is a bop too though in general music.gif

Thanks for commenting Harry heart.gif

+Quote this post
Josh!
post Sep 15 2017, 03:23 PM
Post #23
Group icon
c:
54. I Lied
Nicki Minaj
2014 - The Pinkprint

Favourite lyrics:
"Even though I said I didn’t need you I lied I lied
To keep you from breaking my heart"

I could tell from the start of this countdown when it just missed out on my list that "Grand Piano" has a few fans here on Buzzjack but it was always this that was my favourite of the two in terms of her slower Nicki ballads where she gets to actually sing rather than rap. I think it helps that this was Track 2 so it would always be one of the first tracks I went back to when I was craving a bit of Nicki. There are still a fair few Pinkprint tracks still to come but this is one of the most gorgeous and heartfelt moments on the whole thing and therefore deserves a spot on my list wub.gif

+Quote this post
Liаm
post Sep 15 2017, 03:25 PM
Post #24
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139
If Monster was all Nicki and the other verses were that calibre it would legit be an all time fave *.*

+Quote this post
Josh!
post Sep 15 2017, 03:27 PM
Post #25
Group icon
c:
53. All Things Go
Nicki Minaj
2014 - The Pinkprint

Favourite lyrics:
"I want 'Caiah to go to college, just to say "We did it!"
My child with Aaron, would've been sixteen, any minute
So in some ways I feel like 'Caiah, is the both of them
It's like he's 'Caiah's little angel, looking over him"

This kills me putting it this so 'low' but she just has so many great songs and ones I revisit a lot more often. This is one of the tracks where we really get to see Nicki open up about her family and life (as you can see from my favourite lyrics selection) and therefore this feels like one of her most personal tracks which is nice to see. It's also a great album opener with the "Just finished writing, this is the Pinkprint" final line which I've always really liked wub.gif

+Quote this post
Josh!
post Sep 15 2017, 03:32 PM
Post #26
Group icon
c:
52. Y.U. MAD
(Birdman feat. Nicki Minaj & Lil Wayne)
2011 - Non-album single

Favourite lyrics:
"Haha, they were sleeping on me, z-zz-zz"

"As for your career? Dead. Ghost Buster."

Probably one of the lesser known songs in my countdown but it is one of her better urban features in my opinion. It mainly only reached the US but even then it only peaked at #68 there sad.gif There's not much to say about this apart from it's a bit of a bop, Nicki's verse is bangin' (but they all deliver really) and the chorus gets stuck in your head for days after listening (probably because it's so repetitive laugh.gif)

+Quote this post
HarryBorelli
post Sep 15 2017, 04:04 PM
Post #27
Group icon
The Lady Said Go Home!
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 20,835
Monster's verse is legit one of the most joyous to rap to.

+Quote this post
Josh!
post Sep 16 2017, 08:35 PM
Post #28
Group icon
c:
QUOTE(Liаm @ Sep 15 2017, 04:25 PM) *
If Monster was all Nicki and the other verses were that calibre it would legit be an all time fave *.*

Oh my goodness, imagine that *-* It probably is my favourite verse in a song ever laugh.gif

Thanks for commenting, Liam heart.gif
QUOTE(HarryEzra @ Sep 15 2017, 05:04 PM) *
Monster's verse is legit one of the most joyous to rap to.

Yes, it's so pleasing knowing EVERY word and getting it right laugh.gif

Thanks for commenting, Harry! wub.gif

+Quote this post
Josh!
post Sep 16 2017, 08:42 PM
Post #29
Group icon
c:
51. Till the World Ends (Remix)
(Britney Spears feat. Kesha & Nicki Minaj)
2011 - Femme Fatale

Favourite lyrics:
"Told you they'd revive your career but somebody lied
I ain't talking poultry when I say this chicken's fried"

I was a big fan of Till the World Ends prior to this remix (it's probably my favourite Britney track this decade actually) so I was very excited when this remix was announced considering Nicki was an all-time fave of mine and Kesha was putting out banger after banger at the time. It didn't disappoint at all and all three of them work so well together on the track. It's all a bit nonsensical and random but this is probably one of my favourite Nicki guest raps and it was released at the height of my obsession with her so I'll always have fond memories of it. I don't go back to it very often nowadays though hence why I can't put it any higher in my countdown sad.gif

+Quote this post
Josh!
post Sep 16 2017, 08:46 PM
Post #30
Group icon
c:
50. Run Up
(Major Lazer feat. PartyNextDoor & Nicki Minaj)
2017 - Music Is the Weapon

Favourite lyrics:
"'Bout to drop an album, this is my fourth
I don't put sugar in my spaghetti sauce
Drop a freestyle and get these hoes perched"

Major Lazer were hot off some pretty big smash hits so I had high hopes this was going be huge when it was first announced but it entered pretty low in comparison to expectations and never really grew into a big hit either which was a big shame. I was a little disappointed at first as I would've much preferred another banger like "Lean On" or "Light It Up" and we ended up getting a much more chilled and slower song instead. The song was a grower but it still doesn't hold a candle to some of her more zany and wacky tracks for me. Still waiting on this 4th album she speaks of in her verse though...

+Quote this post
Josh!
post Sep 16 2017, 08:54 PM
Post #31
Group icon
c:
49. Roman Holiday
Nicki Minaj
2012 - Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded

Favourite lyrics:
"Who the f*** is this hoe?
And yes, maybe just a touch of tourettes
Get my wigs, Terrence, go and get my beret"

The album opener to her second album was definitely a bold choice and not many artists have the guts to burst into "Come, All Ye Faithful" in the middle of their tracks and somehow actually make it work. I've always loved the idea of Nicki's alter egos and Roman often goes in HARD with his raps and this is no exception. It's all a bit crazy but it works and I love how the chorus is sung by Nicki as Martha, the switching between the two characters is really interesting and makes this one of her most unique tracks. Shout out to the bonkers performance she did of this at the Grammys too, that will always be one of her best live performances for me wub.gif

+Quote this post
Josh!
post Sep 16 2017, 09:14 PM
Post #32
Group icon
c:
48. Rake It Up
(Yo Gotti feat. Nicki Minaj)
2017 - Gotti Made-It

Favourite lyrics:
"All my n****s wife me once they get that good punani"

This certainly has the potential to climb higher in the future but it's just a bit too recent to be much higher when I've been loving some of the tracks yet to come for years longer than this. This is currently smashing in the US for her which is great to see and it's not hard to see why because it is just SO catchy. The video is also one of the best of her career so I'm glad it's been doing so well for her. I liked their previous collaboration "Down in the DM" but this is definitely stronger in my opinion wub.gif music.gif

+Quote this post
Josh!
post Sep 16 2017, 09:26 PM
Post #33
Group icon
c:
47. You Da Baddest
(Future feat. Nicki Minaj)
2017 - HNDRXX

Favourite lyrics:
"Percocets and molly make you touch your toe"

"Stick it to the bull like where's MJ? Where's MJ?
Don't come around with that weird energy, weird energy"

Another offering that is too recent to be high up but this will probably fall down the list in years to come to be honest. I've been obsessed with it in the last month or so but it's probably not as special as some of her other features so I'm not sure I'll be loving it as much in the future (pun intended). It's one of the few songs where I love the main artist's part just as much as Nicki's but the chorus is so catchy to this and I love Future's style of mumble rapping. A shame this wasn't a hit following on from "Mask Off" but the video is great and it's another great collab to add to her long list wub.gif

+Quote this post
Mack.
post Sep 16 2017, 09:39 PM
Post #34
Group icon
It's still will be the return of the Mack 4eva
User: 12,915
Good list so far, Josh.

I was disappointed with 'Run Up' as she has done better so that. Just weren't a fan of it.

+Quote this post
Josh!
post Sep 17 2017, 02:26 PM
Post #35
Group icon
c:
QUOTE(Mack. @ Sep 16 2017, 10:39 PM) *
Good list so far, Josh.

I was disappointed with 'Run Up' as she has done better so that. Just weren't a fan of it.

I agree that Run Up is far from one of her best but it is pretty catchy so I thought it deserved a place in my countdown. She definitely sounds better on more upbeat/faster paced guest verses wub.gif heehee.gif

Cheers Mack ! heart.gif

+Quote this post
Josh!
post Sep 17 2017, 02:32 PM
Post #36
Group icon
c:
46. Pills N Potions
Nicki Minaj
2014 - The Pinkprint

Favourite lyrics:
"They could never make me hate you
Even though what you was doing wasn't tasteful
Even though you out here looking so ungrateful
I'mma keep it moving, be classy and graceful"

I was absolutely OBSESSED with this when it was very first released but I think that's more because we finally had more solo Nicki and it has gone down my rankings a bit in the last few years. It's a slower and more reflective offering from Nicki and it is rather lovely to listen to but it doesn't excite me anymore in the same way that her more upbeat singles do still. I also feel like it's pretty forgotten now in general and a lot of the other Pinkprint singles overshadowed it despite this being first released which is a bit of a shame sad.gif

+Quote this post
Josh!
post Sep 17 2017, 02:35 PM
Post #37
Group icon
c:
45. The Creep
(Lonely Island feat. Nicki Minaj)
2011 - Turtleneck & Chain

Favourite lyrics:
"When I was a girl, I creeped in the boys' locker room
Hide deep inside - it was my little creep stalker room
As they disrobed, I was oogling and oggling
Little did they know, that for me, they were modeling"

I already talked about this a bit in my Track of the Week commentary last week but this has always been a track I've loved even if it is just a bit silly. The parts from Lonely Island are a lot of fun and the Nicki verse is fab too, I always liked her in the video inside the locker creeping on the boys laugh.gif I can see why this wouldn't be a track that everyone loves but it's just the right amount of silly for me whilst still being really catchy so I'm a big fan. I'm not sure it would really work with who Nicki is in 2017 but I'd love them to do another collab in the future laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Josh!
post Sep 17 2017, 02:53 PM
Post #38
Group icon
c:
44. Buy a Heart
(Nicki Minaj feat. Meek Mill)
2014 - The Pinkprint

Favourite lyrics:
"I could tell you was analyzing me, I could tell you was criticizing me
I could tell you was fantasizing that you would come slide in me and confide in me"

During their relationship together, Meek and Nicki made a few collaborations together including this one for Nicki's 3rd studio album. It's not my favourite collaboration of theirs (spoilers for what is still to come heehee.gif) but it has always been one of my favourite album tracks on The Pinkprint and one that I still wish had been a single over some of the ones that she actually did pick... The 'anybody wanna buy a heart' hook is really catchy and Nicki's verse is SO good. They really did work well together on tracks so it's a shame we probably won't be getting any more in the near future sad.gif

+Quote this post
danG
post Sep 17 2017, 03:30 PM
Post #39
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥
User: 11,746
Rake It Up is my fave of these so far, proper choon and not just for Nicki's parts.

+Quote this post
HarryBorelli
post Sep 17 2017, 03:36 PM
Post #40
Group icon
The Lady Said Go Home!
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 20,835
I love Pills and Potions, Run Up, Roman Holiday and The Creep! Good section wub.gif

+Quote this post

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 03:07 PM