BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Jason Orange quits band!
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
pippa
post 7th October 2014, 08:37 AM
Post #41
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 14,031

If Gary or Mark left the band would be over, we would need ask no questions. Looking at it that way its good that it is Jason who has left.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Kath
post 9th October 2014, 12:24 PM
Post #42
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 2,980

QUOTE(pippa @ Oct 7 2014, 09:37 AM) *
If Gary or Mark left the band would be over, we would need ask no questions. Looking at it that way its good that it is Jason who has left.

It sounds so mercenary when you put it like that! laugh.gif I bet your comment would leave Howard feeling a trifle crest-fallen too! laugh.gif

+Quote this post
jay727
post 9th October 2014, 12:58 PM
Post #43
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 12,273

Howard is the distinctive and fantastic backing vocals and harmonies. I'm hoping he gets a chance to shine on this record

+Quote this post
Kath
post 9th October 2014, 01:22 PM
Post #44
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

QUOTE(jay727 @ Oct 9 2014, 01:58 PM) *
Howard is the distinctive and fantastic backing vocals and harmonies. I'm hoping he gets a chance to shine on this record

Surely that's what session singers are employed for though - especially in a band where only one plays an instrument.

+Quote this post
jay727
post 9th October 2014, 03:12 PM
Post #45
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member

QUOTE(Kath @ Oct 9 2014, 02:22 PM) *
Surely that's what session singers are employed for though - especially in a band where only one plays an instrument.

Howard's a great drummer, Gary plays piano, as does Mark.

+Quote this post
Kath
post 9th October 2014, 04:55 PM
Post #46
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

QUOTE(jay727 @ Oct 9 2014, 04:12 PM) *
Howard's a great drummer, Gary plays piano, as does Mark.

I think 'great' is a bit of a stretch. laugh.gif Even Gary commented something to the contrary when Howard said 'we're like a proper band' (on the part of the Circus tour when they did the group set).

Don't get me wrong - as a foursome (even fivesome) Take That are superb entertainers - and who knows - as a threesome they may carry on as so - but really there is only Gary who is a musician. The others are just playing at it (oddly enough - the nearest one to Gary for musical ability - with an instrument - was actually Jason).

This post has been edited by Kath: 9th October 2014, 05:29 PM

+Quote this post
pippa
post 9th October 2014, 05:46 PM
Post #47
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 14,031

I am a big Howard fan, i really like his vocals but he is far to under used. With just 3 left Howard should get a more prominent role.

+Quote this post
IrisAlbastru
post 9th October 2014, 09:00 PM
Post #48
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 6,760

For someone who really likes to sing and doesn't play any instrument i am really upset for implying that singing is not enough to make someone serious about music. As well with music writing. Instruments are not everything in the muscial world... take any christian ortodox choir or ortodox music - there is no instrument there (no instrument is allowed during orthodox mass) and tell me that this is not music, real music. The voice is the original instrument, it takes years to bring it under control, it is something you have to take care of and work with. And singing in harmonies, together is not very easy, you have to keep your notes when the next to you is singing other notes (quite difficult actually). You have to hear the others to not sing to loud or to quiet, to keep the rythm....

By the way, Howard has really great harmonies, the best from TT. And his lead songs from The Circus were great.

+Quote this post
jay727
post 9th October 2014, 09:05 PM
Post #49
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member

QUOTE(IrisAlbastru @ Oct 9 2014, 10:00 PM) *
For someone who really likes to sing and doesn't play any instrument i am really upset for implying that singing is not enough to make someone serious about music. As well with music writing. Instruments are not everything in the muscial world... take any christian ortodox choir or ortodox music - there is no instrument there (no instrument is allowed during orthodox mass) and tell me that this is not music, real music. The voice is the original instrument, it takes years to bring it under control, it is something you have to take care of and work with. And singing in harmonies, together is not very easy, you have to keep your notes when the next to you is singing other notes (quite difficult actually). You have to hear the others to not sing to loud or to quiet, to keep the rythm....

By the way, Howard has really great harmonies, the best from TT. And his lead songs from The Circus were great.

Absolutely, Howard was fantastic on that r cord

+Quote this post
Kath
post 9th October 2014, 09:10 PM
Post #50
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

QUOTE(IrisAlbastru @ Oct 9 2014, 10:00 PM) *

BIB - that's why these 'in-ears' are used though. In the past I'd agree that singing in harmony (particularly live) is a VERY difficult thing to do (I know - I've tried it) but the 'in-ears' make it incredibly easy as it blocks out the other singers so you can concentrate on your own part.

No-one is saying that someone who only sings isn't serious about music. I hope that when they take to the stage for their concerts - that they do just sing - and not try to play instruments as they did on The Circus Tour (that bit for me was the only bit of the tour that let it down).

+Quote this post
slowdown73
post 3rd November 2014, 12:24 AM
Post #51
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 1,031

Interestingly enough, I saw Jason Orange at a restaurant in Windermere yesterday.

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 3rd November 2014, 02:07 AM
Post #52
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 845

Did you approach him?

+Quote this post
slowdown73
post 3rd November 2014, 12:00 PM
Post #53
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 1,031

No, I didn't approach him. He was having a meal with some other people in the same restaurant as us and I didn't think it was fair to intrude on his privacy.

+Quote this post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 10:47 AM