BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Which performance of 'Make Me' do you prefer?, VMA's vs. Today Show
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Which performance makes you "oooh" more?
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total votes: 6
Guests cannot vote 
Tyler
post 8th September 2016, 05:18 AM
Post #1
Group icon
If people hate you, don’t hate them.
User: 67

TODAY SHOW

VMA's

Which of the two performances that we have gotten (so far... Omg how refreshing to add that as a Britney fan!) do you prefer?

I'm going to have to say the TODAY SHOW. There's more choreography, which she does well! In its entirety it's by far the best promo performance we have gotten since BEFORE 'Blackout'! You can still tell she isn't back to 100% confidence, but she's teetering on 95% in comparison to the "Femme Fatale" and beginning of Vegas were 40-50% at best.

The layout of her Vegas stage is superior to the VMA stage and her male backup dancers add a lot to the overall visual of the choreography.

THE ONLY PROS to the VMA performance was how amazing she looked in that outfit, the shadow hands intro and G-Easy actually being there... Even though I'd prefer choreography over Gerald. My main qualm with the VMA performance was that a minute of it was taken just to add 'Me Myself & I'. MEH (even though I love the song and her pre recorded vocals).

What do YOU think?

This post has been edited by Tyler: 8th September 2016, 05:24 AM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Addy!
post 8th September 2016, 05:37 AM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 2,666

I prefer just by a hair the VMA actually...but I do like the musical arrangements in Today's show, which sounds more let's say tour-y and/or live performance.

+Quote this post
post 8th September 2016, 05:51 AM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 19,931

I like them both in different ways.

As a fan, the Today Show / Vegas performance is a lot more fun. (A highlight for me in Vegas). But also, I find her VMAs performance very admirable and special because the confidence she oozed so naturally had me feeling very proud. And I feel like it had the general public connecting with her as a popstar for the first time in ages.

+Quote this post
Tyler
post 8th September 2016, 06:43 AM
Post #4
Group icon
If people hate you, don’t hate them.
User: 67

Oh and I'm definitely not hating on the VMA performance. But, the VMA's are supposed to elevate a performance and I can genuinely say MTV and their production team didn't add shit or help out her performance at all. The fact I'm sick of Vegas and preferred THOSE visuals over the VMA's?? I mean think of the production of even the 'Gimme More' performance? The background, strippers on tables in the audience, etc. This year she hired a production/dance company to do the shadow concept... what else was there from that. Meanwhile Beyonce has a 20 minute set with 4 different stages (not hating that performance was the performance of the night and I loved it). But, MTV used Britney's performance to hype up their flop award show and they didn't look out for her at all.

I mean... WTF? "Let's put Britney's 4 minute set right after Beyonce, who is quite possibly at the peak of her career and killing it! I mean Britney has only worked for almost an entire decade to get to a point where her anxiety isn't a driving force behind her not performing live on an award show since 2007. Oh and yeah! Lol! We were the award show that threw contract agreements in her face, when she tried to say she wasn't ready in 2007! But, that's because further staging her breakdown gave us killer ratings!".

"Oh wait... She's not doing something super controversial/ isn't a train wreck... Well, let's try and contrive something up."

MTV seemed to me to be trying to undermine a huge moment for not only fans, but for Britney Spears and the giant strides she has made in just the last 2 years.

I'm just not a fan of MTV. They lost me forever when 'Piece of Me' swooped in 2008, in order to get her team to SOMEHOW include MTV in her comeback. Meanwhile, 'Baby One More Time', 'Oops', 'Stronger', 'Lucky', 'Slave', 'Me Against The Music', 'Toxic', 'Everytime', 'My Prerogative' ALL miss out on a moon man?

Lmfao bye to you MTV.

Ps- I don't want it to be misconstrued at all that I'm blaming Beyonce for scalping even Mr. Clean, because I think she's great. My problem is only with MTV who is only surviving at this point by trying to start stan wars.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 02:28 PM