BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Little Opinions: 'Nothing Feels Like You'
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Tafty³³³
post 9th May 2021, 07:03 PM
Post #1
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

Taking it right back with the first track from the 'Salute' era to feature in this series:

What are your opinions on this song?

Feel free to partake in previous ones.

Past Installments:
01. I Love You
02. Only You
03. Love Me Or Leave Me
04. Black Magic
05. Radio 1 Live Lounge Covers
06. Wasabi
07. Breathe
08. Woman's World
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 9th May 2021, 07:06 PM
Post #2
Group icon

The biggest "should have been a single" imo. I prefer 'Towers' & 'These Four Walls' as songs ever so slightly, but I really think this in place of 'Word Up!' would have been an absolute SMASH. It was an instant highlight from this album, imo.

Love it! Iirc, Jade has been vocal about wanting this to be a single during the 'Salute' era and it's a shame they didn't listen to her </3 The video could've been a great opportunity to include sports activities to promote 'Sport Relief' etc.. Especially with the marching band sound. Would have been incredible. Ah well. It's just an album gem instead.

+Quote this post
JulianNial
post 9th May 2021, 09:41 PM
Post #3
Group icon
Julian Nial
User: 18,454

QUOTE(Tafty @ May 9 2021, 08:06 PM) *
The biggest "should have been a single" imo. I prefer 'Towers' & 'These Four Walls' as songs ever so slightly, but I really think this in place of 'Word Up!' would have been an absolute SMASH. It was an instant highlight from this album, imo.

Love it! Iirc, Jade has been vocal about wanting this to be a single during the 'Salute' era and it's a shame they didn't listen to her </3 The video could've been a great opportunity to include sports activities to promote 'Sport Relief' etc.. Especially with the marching band sound. Would have been incredible. Ah well. It's just an album gem instead.

I'm 1000% with everything you said here.

It really has that feel good "Olympics highlights" background music quality about it and if things were different and this would have been the Comic Relief single I could have seen it easily going top 3 and being an at least Gold cert.

On first hearing the album it was such a stand out for me and I used to play it a lot. I still go back to it from time to time. It stands as my 13th highest streamed album track and 37th most played track by them overall.

+Quote this post
Perriechu
post 10th May 2021, 06:58 AM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 109,885

such a standout album track in their discography, I loooove the outro part of the song and the melody of the verses- MNEK really did what he needed to do!

I do wish they opted for this instead of Word Up! To this day I have no idea what possessed their team to do Work Up! over this, it just seems so odd considering NFLY was received so well by critics when the album was released.

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 6th June 2021, 05:38 AM
Post #5
Group icon

Gonna post a new one tonight, but more opinions on this anthem first plz. 😁

+Quote this post
Jade
post 6th June 2021, 01:46 PM
Post #6
Group icon
I wanna keep all of your charm in a canister
Pronouns: She/her
User: 12,810

This would've been a strong addition to their singles catalogue! The production is so rich and anthemic and the chorus is very snappy, I'm sure it could've done well.

'Salute' is such a great album heart.gif maybe my second favourite of theirs.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 28th April 2024, 08:26 AM