BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Which Top 20 Kylie song should have reached the Top 10?
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Which Top20 Kylie single should have been a top 10 hit?
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total votes: 41
Guests cannot vote 
Jessie Where
post 15th March 2021, 08:46 PM
Post #41
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51

I'll be surprised if anything from that album gets added to a tour setlist again, maybe a piece of 'Into The Blue' might one day as a part of a medley or something but that's the most I can see.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
pippa
post 15th March 2021, 08:51 PM
Post #42
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 14,031

That is a likely outcome and Crystallized will likely never achieve a tour performance.

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post 18th March 2021, 05:59 PM
Post #43
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 12,472

I could see 'Into the Blue' being one of those songs that gets performed accapella as a one off on tour. I'd love it to be properly included on a setlist though, it's too good to be forgotten about.

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 18th March 2021, 06:29 PM
Post #44
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 845

Its a song that could end up aon a future anti tour if one happens again.

+Quote this post
___∆___
post 23rd April 2021, 07:53 AM
Post #45
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 3,155

So many iconic songs - still pains me that PYIMP missed out, it’s such a sublime song and deserved to be huge but following on from CIM it seemed the public were starting to struggle to adjust to new Kylie at the time

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 23rd April 2021, 10:07 AM
Post #46
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol

It was def a time people struggled with kylie and to an extent it was the like that from the off with de con, while confide in me did well I think people still werent fully sold on the new kylie, it didnt help that her popularity had wained in her closing pwl days either as let's get to it singles and what kind of fool all had such mixed sounds and I think the variation confused people. Thankfully in terms of success it all came right again with Light Years but those intervening years looking back were needed as it all led to Kylie exploding all over again.

+Quote this post
pippa
post 23rd April 2021, 11:52 AM
Post #47
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

There was a 10 year period where Kylie struggled with herself as an artist but it took those struggles for Kylie to identify where she wanted to fit in the industry.

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 23rd April 2021, 01:39 PM
Post #48
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol

At the time i didn't see it that way but looking back it def was the way, the lets get to it singles alone were all so different to each other and for me a big step back in quality from the excellent singles from rhythm of love. What kind of fool as much as i like was a step back for Kylie sound wise as it was closer to the material on her debut and enjoy yourself but maybe that was deliberate from pwl to try and recapture the sound that had done so well but it didn't really connect with people outside the fanbase which is a shame as its good pop song, celebration was a lazy cover but i understand why it was picked, im assuming it was to celebrate the great success kylie and pwl had achieved together. Confide in in me was a complete change in direction and it did its job as in showcasing Kylie has gone in a whole new direction but again i dont think its what the general public wanted from Kylie, Put Yourself in my place is stunning and its a shame it missed the top 10 but it had a good chart run and has sold well enough, again at the time i liked put yourself in my place but didn't love it, its probably one of kylies tracks that i have really changed from opinion on with time the most as i really like the song now.
The journey to its credit is huge, if you look back at the music from her debut right through to Where the wild roses grow the variety is huge, the sounds had more variety than a pick n mix from woolworths and i mean that in a complimentary way. Light Years up to Disco has also seen many different sounds but i think all those album tie slightly more together than her debut through to impossible princess. But for me its why i love Kylie, she knows how to change things up to remain interesting and successful.

+Quote this post
pippa
post 25th April 2021, 12:27 PM
Post #49
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

There is a uniqueness to Kylie's back catalogue due to its variety and her hunger to keep trying new sounds while largely always keeping it Kylie.

+Quote this post
One_For_Sorrow
post 2nd May 2021, 09:55 AM
Post #50
Group icon
---
User: 17,418

Breathe, but could’ve easily gone for another four songs.

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 2nd May 2021, 01:47 PM
Post #51
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol

I still long for that kygo and kylie breathe release, it has so much potential for something like that to happen with someone like kygo or someone else.

+Quote this post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 06:22 AM