BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
10 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Aelandor National Thread, BJSC 159 ~ Nanashi Mumei - Mumei
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Brer
post 23rd January 2017, 12:25 AM
Post #61
Group icon
is my brain across your walls?
User: 8,300

Hopefully just the start of a much more fruitful year for Aelandor! I like this a lot, congrats on making it through again and fingers crossed it might do a little bit better than 'Pass Out' did.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Jacob-
post 29th January 2017, 10:01 PM
Post #62
Group icon
Jacob Alan~
User: 21,664

I don't really know what to say, disappointed barely covers it but at least it was a qualification in the first place. Thanks for all the votes and love (including two silver positions and a bronze!) from Taahino, Flynnonda, Persphonia, Jadakissnia, Land Of DW, Seyetana, Ultraviolenceland, Azure, Buzzjack Mountain and Medhelania, also to Florina and anyone else who enjoyed the entry and put it in commiserations, it was a quality final and it was fantastic to see entries like St. Burbia's and Pupok's do so well.

I hardly know where to go from here, I'll just stick with my planned entries for the next couple of months but after that who knows. However it goes I won't let BJSC change me, I'll change it or... keep DNQing/ flopping in the final. biggrin.gif

Maybe I'll break through eventually. #pray4Aelandor

+Quote this post
Botchia
post 29th January 2017, 10:09 PM
Post #63
Group icon
I Drink Wine
User: 21,753

It wasn't for my tastes this month but I'm so here for Aelandor finally having a hit. Next month pls...

+Quote this post
The-BrightPlaces
post 29th January 2017, 10:10 PM
Post #64
Group icon
I wanna contribute to the chaos
User: 23,513

really sad to see Aelandor so low sad.gif I hope the rest of the year plays out better than it has started #pray4AelandorAndAzure

+Quote this post
Brer
post 29th January 2017, 10:30 PM
Post #65
Group icon

Tbh I'm not super surprised at this doing badly, it was one I was expecting to DNQ as much as I really like it (my new favourite from Aelandor to date) - I remain confident that a proper Aelandor breakthrough can't be far away ;o Happy that it at least did qualify so I had another chance to throw you some points.

+Quote this post
Jade
post 29th January 2017, 11:22 PM
Post #66
Group icon
Alone and wounded
Pronouns: She/her
User: 12,810

A shame this didn't do a bit better but I was sadly expecting it. sad.gif At least it did make it to the final tho!

I was really impressed by this anyway, yay that I got to add you on to my list of pointed countries at last *.*

+Quote this post
Jacob-
post 30th January 2017, 02:59 AM
Post #67
Group icon
Jacob Alan~

^Woo, thanks Jade!
QUOTE(Bré @ Jan 29 2017, 10:30 PM) *
Tbh I'm not super surprised at this doing badly, it was one I was expecting to DNQ as much as I really like it (my new favourite from Aelandor to date) - I remain confident that a proper Aelandor breakthrough can't be far away ;o Happy that it at least did qualify so I had another chance to throw you some points.
I was at least 70% sure I'd DNQ (nice and specific there) so I was really happy to get through and I suspected I was close to the borderline but when I did get through I started to believe my own hype a little especially with positive reactions and a few mid table predictions. Still I'm happy to have entered it because it's a song I've been properly obsessed with for a while and I'm glad you liked it so much!

Looking forward to next month now actually, it was going to be one of two entries but I think I've decided on which one it'll be. It's a departure from our usual sound but still some keeps elements of our usual sound for familiarity, plus it's one of my favourite tracks from early last year. Will be interested to see how it goes.

This post has been edited by Jacob Alan: 30th January 2017, 03:01 AM

+Quote this post
Jacob-
post 12th February 2017, 07:59 PM
Post #68
Group icon
Jacob Alan~

Aelandor returns with funk/ electronic song from HONNE, a recycled artist actually, entered by PRoJ several contests back, it DNQed but I far prefer this one to what I've heard of Coastal Love, originally fell in love with this around a year ago because of the funky sound and smooth feel it has. I hope this makes a good discovery for some of you!

+Quote this post
Jacob-
post 19th February 2017, 08:13 PM
Post #69
Group icon
Jacob Alan~

Well that sucks a bit but I had a feeling it was borderline and it looks like I was just on the wrong side of it, huge thanks to Azure, Medhelnia, Kluminican Republic and Seyetana for the votes and especially Altyr Muunilinst who gave us max points in the semi. wub.gif

In a bit of a f*** BJSC mood now tho so next month will be a little more... subversive.

+Quote this post
The-BrightPlaces
post 19th February 2017, 11:22 PM
Post #70
Group icon
I wanna contribute to the chaos
User: 23,513

me and Seven were discussing how much we loved this over the weekend! only if Trifoski had been in semi 1, it would have made it through sad.gif

+Quote this post
Jacob-
post 19th February 2017, 11:36 PM
Post #71
Group icon
Jacob Alan~

Aw yas, good to know- thanks Alanna, glad it was a good discovery for you both! I noticed in the predictions thread that FSR Rontvia liked the song too so maybe it was just wrong semi syndrome.

This post has been edited by Jacob Alan: 19th February 2017, 11:37 PM

+Quote this post
Jacob-
post 27th February 2017, 03:12 PM
Post #72
Group icon
Jacob Alan~

#AirshipRising

This post has been edited by Jacob Alan: 26th March 2017, 11:01 PM

+Quote this post
Jacob-
post 5th March 2017, 09:09 PM
Post #73
Group icon
Jacob Alan~

^^Archiving this until next month, it's definitely coming though.

For this upcoming entry:

+Quote this post
Jacob-
post 13th March 2017, 01:25 AM
Post #74
Group icon
Jacob Alan~

"You're a spark set fire"

Our new entry is "Dear Adelaide" by Breanne Düren, known for her work with Owl City and more recently a couple of solo EPs (and an older unreleased LP). This is actually Breanne's second entry since "Daydreams" was entered to BJSC years ago-- I actually got obsessed with that track at the time because of that so thanks whoever entered that! I've been following Breanne's solo material for a few years and this EP Gem is relatively new (2015), I contributed to the fundraiser for it and received a signed physical copy of it! I've only recently got into this EP in a big way and I was ridiculously torn between this, "Dizzy" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17kPL_mfL2w) and "Sign Of Life" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqkpmkjf044), particularly "Dizzy" which builds so well and is an absolute tune- it even has the lyrics "Oh you spun me like a dj, got me dizzy from the replay" which I thought would be so appropriate for this contest.

The only reason I switched was Dizzy takes a little while to build up to it's glorious peak (please listen to it if you're interested!!) and I sort of felt if I entered it it'd be a bit like that moment when you're showing a song you love to a friend and you're going "wait wait the best part's coming in a moment" and they're totally not into it. Like usually I'm not worrying too much about what people think but also your own entry is as much an opportunity to share a song as it is for yourself and I sort of decided "Dear Adelaide" was a better song for introducing Breanne (even tho Dizzy really got me into this EP but nvm).

ANYWAY, "Dear Adelaide" itself is a great indie pop track with lots of stuff in there, a good amount of banging synths with some lovely guitar decoration and a beautifully catchy chorus, the bridge/ instrumental section really got me with this one though so listen for that- hope you guys enjoy! wub.gif

Also the "clue" is because her EP is called "Gem". happy.gif

This post has been edited by Jacob Alan: 13th March 2017, 01:31 AM

+Quote this post
Jacob-
post 16th March 2017, 09:59 PM
Post #75
Group icon
Jacob Alan~

80s spinoff:

In the spinoff Aelandor's entry is "Like Flames" by American pop rock and new wave/ synthpop band Berlin.
"Like Flames" is Berlin's follow up single to "Take My Breath Away" - yes that Take My Breath Away. It never gathered any kind of momentum missing the top 40 in both the US and UK and become a minor hit in Australia, The Netherlands and New Zealand before the band faded from the public eye. It's a proper banger though and I hope everyone enjoys!

+Quote this post
Jacob-
post 19th March 2017, 07:48 PM
Post #76
Group icon
Jacob Alan~

We're through to the final with Breanne Düren. cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif

A huge thanks to all the voters. Can we beat our peak of #37? ohmy.gif

+Quote this post
Jacob-
post 26th March 2017, 10:10 PM
Post #77
Group icon
Jacob Alan~

So we've got a new peak at #36 (absolutely smashing our previous peak of #37) with Breanne's beautiful entry. A huge thanks to Trifoski, Aesthetica, Taahino, Azure, Quintessa and all our other voters, especially Aesthetica with that 15. wub.gif

I'm not expecting great things in terms of positions for our next entry but I honestly can't wait to see the reaction so there's no way I'm backing out. Beyond that we've got no plans for future contests so I'll be on the lookout for potentials for May onwards. ohmy.gif

+Quote this post
Brer
post 26th March 2017, 10:30 PM
Post #78
Group icon

Well... a new peak is a new peak! laugh.gif If you follow the Dobago trajectory (ignoring all the DNQs kink.gif) you could be due for top 5 with your next qualifier magic.gif

Sorry this was your first qualifier I didn't vote for, but it was another pretty good song. x

I'm intrigued for your next entry. ;o

+Quote this post
Jacob-
post 30th March 2017, 09:59 PM
Post #79
Group icon
Jacob Alan~

QUOTE(Jacob Alan @ Mar 16 2017, 10:59 PM) *
80s spinoff:

In the spinoff Aelandor's entry is "Like Flames" by American pop rock and new wave/ synthpop band Berlin.
"Like Flames" is Berlin's follow up single to "Take My Breath Away" - yes that Take My Breath Away. It never gathered any kind of momentum missing the top 40 in both the US and UK and become a minor hit in Australia, The Netherlands and New Zealand before the band faded from the public eye. It's a proper banger though and I hope everyone enjoys!
Like Flames came 3rd in the 80s spinoff which is our best result by a mile pretty much across the board! A huge thanks to all the voters, there were so many of you but particularly to Ashton and FSR Rontvia for your 18s! happy.gif

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post 30th March 2017, 10:05 PM
Post #80
Group icon
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
User: 12,929

So much better than Take Your Breath Away, this was a genuinely awesome discovery and I really enjoyed seeing it do so well.

+Quote this post

10 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 24th April 2024, 06:03 AM