BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Return of old TV Shows
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Klaus
post Jan 25 2015, 01:13 PM
Post #1
❤️❤️➕🟦
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 17,160
   No Gallery Pics

It's something that regularly happens in the TV world but, recently, there seems to be a high amount of old TV shows making there comeback. We've had 'Catchphrase', 'Celebrity Squares', 'Stars in Their Eyes', 'Surprise Surprise', 'Fifteen to One' as well as the upcoming CGI 'Thunderbirds'. Some of these old shows have been successful on their return and some are are panned by the public. 'Doctor Who' and 'Strictly Come Dancing' are still two massive hits which stemmed from ideas of bringing back on old show so it can work and, arguably, be better than the original run.

What are your opinions on bringing back old TV shows? Do you think that it's just showing that there is a lack of new ideas? Perhaps there is, but commissioning a new programme is often less reliable as there will be less hype surrounding it and it is more unknown whether the public want to tune in or not. Some of these new shows often resemble old programmes as well e.g. 'Your Face Sounds Familiar' led to the people wanting a return of 'Stars in Their Eyes'. Do you think there is always a reason why these shows ended? Or do you believe that shows need a rest from the TV schedule for them to then return as a revitalised show? Is it important for a new audience to see certain shows?

Also, what are your favourite TV shows that returned back from the dead and what would you like to see return?

(remember that the Retro Lounge is a good place to talk about your favourite old TV shows that so far haven't returned)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mart!n
post Jan 25 2015, 03:08 PM
Post #2
Infamy Infamy they all got it in for me
Group: Members
Member No.: 2

BBC1 have got the Generation Game which is set to appear sometime this year, and ITV are bringing back an old TV Quiz show, once hosted by Tom O'Connor "Name That Tune" at some point.

Drama wise I like to see the return of Robin Hood, not the silliness of Jonas Armstrong, maybe more of an adult version with Tom Hiddleston in the title role but that will never happen. Maybe bring back another old sci fi series favourite of mine "Blakes 7", apparently they tried but got shelved.

+Quote Post
Martyn
post Jan 25 2015, 03:50 PM
Post #3
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 66

I'd love to see a return of The Games. With ITV's Splash and Channel 4 themselves having The Jump and the flop Famous and Fearless, surely a return of The Games would be welcome.

I'd love to see Gladiators back on TV as well. Not on SKY 1 though, there version was awful, they need it to be in an arena not a TV studio. I know all the new versions of the late 2000's (bar Australia who stuck to the original format) had a swimming pool, but you need to ditch that and go back to the classics.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:41 AM