BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
10 Pages V  « < 8 9 10  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The lovely discussion of all things EU and/or Brexit, Part V
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Crazy Chris
post 1 hour ago
Post #181
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 53
   No Gallery Pics

From The Telegraph..

Philip Hammond told business leaders that the “threat” of a no-deal Brexit could be taken “off the table” within days and potentially lead to Article 50 “rescinded”, a leaked recording of a conference call reveals.

The Chancellor set out how a backbench Bill could effectively be used to stop any prospect of no deal. He suggested that ministers may even back the plan when asked for an “assurance” by the head of Tesco that the Government would not oppose the motion.

More behind the firewall..

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2019/0...no-deal-brexit/

If A50 is recinded then I'm leaving this country as it'll be a massive kick in the teeth to us Brexiteers and the will of the British people who voted to leave. Some are predicting mass demonstrations or even riots if we don't leave in March.

This post has been edited by Crazy Chris: 58 minutes ago
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BotchLikeThis
post 1 hour ago
Post #182
Lusts for Life
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 21,753
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Suedehead2 @ Jan 16 2019, 09:44 PM) *
I have no sympathy for May whatsoever. She knew what she was taking on. She's been in the Tory party almost all her life, so she knew what it was like. She chose to invoke Article 50 despite not having even a vague plan. She then decided to waste the first two months of the process by calling an unnecessary election. She chose not to involve any other parties in the process despite her initial promises. She chose to round 52% up to 100% and ignore the 48%. She chose to ignore the fact that, had the referendum been binding, there would have been a provision to annul the result if the winning side broke the law. Her current position is entirely one of her own making.

It's times like this we need a like button. Fully hit the nail on the head!

+Quote Post
5 Silas Frøkner
post 47 minutes ago
Post #183
Surfing in paradise
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 3,474

QUOTE(Crazy Chris @ Jan 16 2019, 11:11 PM) *
From The Telegraph..

Philip Hammond told business leaders that the “threat” of a no-deal Brexit could be taken “off the table” within days and potentially lead to Article 50 “rescinded”, a leaked recording of a conference call reveals.

The Chancellor set out how a backbench Bill could effectively be used to stop any prospect of no deal. He suggested that ministers may even back the plan when asked for an “assurance” by the head of Tesco that the Government would not oppose the motion.

If A50 is recinded then I'm leaving this country as it'll be a massive kick in the teeth to us Brexiteers and the will of the British people who voted to leave. Some are predicting mass demonstrations or even riots if we don't leave in March.

I’ll organise crowd funding for your one way ticket. I hear the Sudan is lovely this time of year

+Quote Post
Harve
post 33 minutes ago
Post #184
you should be f***ing with no-one else
Member No.: 4,718
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Crazy Chris @ Jan 16 2019, 10:21 PM) *
I know with free movement we could go to live there but exactly who would want to go and live in Romania or any other country in Europe?

Me?

France's non-EU immigration laws are just as nonsensical as Britain's. But I want to stay here.

+Quote Post
Crazy Chris
post 16 minutes ago
Post #185
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 53
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Harve @ Jan 16 2019, 11:38 PM) *
Me?

France's non-EU immigration laws are just as nonsensical as Britain's. But I want to stay here.

There has to be tough non EU immigration laws or anyone from poor countries, if they could somehow get the one way air fare together, would come here. I bet half the Philippines would seek a better life. We'd have half the world coming here to a small island. My wife's niece, 21, wouldn't have been allowed here even for a visit if there hadn't been special circumstances ie a tragic death, as they think young girls with no job or ties to their own country like she hadn't, will just disappear and get married whilst here. Older people have a better chance of getting a visa.

This post has been edited by Crazy Chris: 13 minutes ago

+Quote Post
Rooney
post 12 minutes ago
Post #186
WINTER IS COMING
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 88

QUOTE(Crazy Chris @ Jan 16 2019, 11:11 PM) *
From The Telegraph..

People can riot all they want, generally speaking the riots will be places the government doesn't really care about so I'm not sure destroying an already beaten town is the right thing to do. Everyone's just gotten a little heated, as they may have voted to EU but as logic is telling us now, nobody had a f***ing clue what that looked like be it the campaign or the people that voted for it.

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  « < 8 9 10
Reply to this topicStart new topic

3 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
1 Members: Tawdry Hepburn

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th January 2019 - 12:12 AM