BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Roba.
post 16th December 2021, 03:30 PM
Post #21
Group icon
Rob aah
User: 3,804

It would appear Kyle O Reilly is going to be joining AEW now his contract has run out and rather predictably reforming Undisputed Era in the process (minus Strong).

I think it's safe to say AEW should just rename itself AEWWE laugh.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Roba.
post 17th January 2022, 07:48 PM
Post #22
Group icon
Rob aah

Cody Rhodes is now working under no contract for AEW!

+Quote this post
Mack.
post 18th January 2022, 01:08 AM
Post #23
Group icon
It's still will be the return of the Mack 4eva
User: 12,915

Are there any free-to-air highlights for this at all?

+Quote this post
Roba.
post 23rd January 2022, 12:10 PM
Post #24
Group icon
Rob aah

QUOTE(Mack. @ Jan 18 2022, 01:08 AM) *
Are there any free-to-air highlights for this at all?

Edit just looked at the schedule and it has Dynamite in its near two hours on ITV Monday 24th from 11.40pm-1.25am (Tuesday Early Morning) and Rampage Thursday 11.40pm - 12.30am (Friday early morning).

I'm not totally sure if this is for every week though but that's what it says according to the ITV schedule!

This post has been edited by Roba.: 23rd January 2022, 12:16 PM

+Quote this post
Mack.
post 25th January 2022, 12:13 AM
Post #25
Group icon
It's still will be the return of the Mack 4eva
User: 12,915

QUOTE(Roba. @ Jan 23 2022, 01:10 PM) *
Edit just looked at the schedule and it has Dynamite in its near two hours on ITV Monday 24th from 11.40pm-1.25am (Tuesday Early Morning) and Rampage Thursday 11.40pm - 12.30am (Friday early morning).

I'm not totally sure if this is for every week though but that's what it says according to the ITV schedule!

Thanks, smile.gif

+Quote this post
Roba.
post 26th February 2022, 12:39 PM
Post #26
Group icon
Rob aah

Aew Revolution March 6th shaping up to be yet another huge ppv.

AEW World Title : Hangman Adam Page © v Adam Cole
AEW Women's Title : Dr Britt Baker D.M.D. © v Thunder Rosa
Jon Moxley v Bryan Danielson
Dog Collar Match : MJF v CM Punk
AEW Tag Team Titles Three Way Match : Jurassic Express (Jungle Boy & Luchasuras) © v reDragon (Kyle O Reilly & Bobby Fish) v TBD
Eddie Kingston v Chris Jericho
Face of the Revolution Ladder Match : Keith Lee v Wardlow v Powerhouse Hobbs v Ricky Starks v Orange Cassidy v ?
TNT Champion Sammy Guevara, Sting & Darby Allin v Andrade El Idolo, Matt Hardy & Isiah Kassidy
TBS Women's Title Match : Jade Cargill © v Tay Conti

+Quote this post
Roba.
post 26th February 2022, 12:41 PM
Post #27
Group icon
Rob aah

Also Buddy Matthews making his debut this past week after AEW passed on signing him originally.

+Quote this post
Roba.
post 5th March 2022, 12:04 PM
Post #28
Group icon
Rob aah

Major News from Tony Khan this week in that he is now the new owner of Ring of Honor!

+Quote this post
Roba.
post 6th March 2022, 07:27 PM
Post #29
Group icon
Rob aah

Predictions for AEW tonight

Pre Show

Layla Hirsch vs Kris Statlander - Not sure who to pick here as whilst Layla has picked up some momentum with her heel turn I'm not sure that'll translate at this point into a win over Kris personally. So Kris wins.
House of Black vs Death Triangle and Erick Redbeard - I'd like HOB to win but can't help but feel Death Triangle get a revenge win here.
QT Marshall VS Hook - Fairly obvious winner here in Hook but I don't get the mass hysteria round him atm.

Chris Jericho vs Eddie Kingston - Eddie needs a big win but I have a feeling Jericho will use a dirty tactic to get the victory somehow.
Face of the Revolution Ladder Match - It's gonna be either Keith Lee or Wardlow but I'd prefer someone like Powerhouse Hobbs to win.
Jade Cargill vs Tay Conti - Prefer Tay personally but it's no contest here like Hook v QT.
Jon Moxley vs Bryan Danielson - Moxley wins but should be an epic match.
Sting, Darby and Sammy vs Hardy, Kassidy & Andrade - The babyfaces win, Matt quits his group to reunite with Jeff on Dynamite.
CM Punk vs MJF - Punk wins this one thanks to Wardlow turning face on MJF.
Young Bucks vs re:Dragon vs Jurassic Express - Jungle Boy and Luchadragon win.
Thunder Rosa vs Britt Baker - Rosa should win in a realistic world but because she pinned Britt on Dynamite I can't help but see the typical outcome for this match with Britt getting a win over Thunder. Do not get the Britt Baker hype train though.
Adam Cole vs Adam Page - Hangman should retain here as it feels a little too soon for him to drop it and when he does he should drop it to a non former WWE guy too. Say someone like MJF.

+Quote this post
Houdini
post 6th March 2022, 07:56 PM
Post #30
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 21,725

Looking forward to the PPV tonight. The three way tag match, the ladder match & Punk Vs MJF are the matches I'm most looking forward to. I think there's a good chance that Thunder Rosa wins the AEW womens title tonight.

+Quote this post
Roba.
post 7th March 2022, 11:17 AM
Post #31
Group icon
Rob aah

Well we got Wardlow helping Punk defeat MJF not long after winning the ladder Match. That was a insane bloody match though. Certainly their best match so far.

Jade Cargill kissing Tay Conti was.. interesting too lol.
Jericho and Eddie was a solid opener and the tag three way was enjoyable too. Gotta love how you can hear Bobby Fish talking so loudly chatting shit from the apron laugh.gif

Glad House of Black won too. I'm looking forward to hopefully a Buddy v Pac and also Penta in singles matches (and Rey Fenix when he returns)

Go up to Punk and MJF's match will watch the remainder of the show later.

+Quote this post
Roba.
post 9th March 2022, 01:01 AM
Post #32
Group icon
Rob aah

Caught up with the rest on Monday evening.

Thunder v Britt was pretty bad I thought. Just can't get into Britt Baker and seeing her dominate most of the match was boring af.
Moxley v Danielson was fantastic and the debut of William Regal made things very interesting too.
The Trio's tag team match was fun. That spanish fly through 3 tables and the Sting dive too was pretty mad.
Adam v Adam was alright but wasn't exactly invested in it too hard probably cause there wasn't too long to build up more to their feud.

This post has been edited by Roba.: 9th March 2022, 01:01 AM

+Quote this post
Roba.
post 17th March 2022, 12:20 PM
Post #33
Group icon
Rob aah

Thunder Rosa wins the AEW Women's Title. Not seen it yet but Britt was a boring champ for me so long overdue really.

+Quote this post
Roba.
post 18th May 2022, 10:25 AM
Post #34
Group icon
Rob aah

Double or Nothing 29th May.

AEW World Title Hangman Adam Page v CM Punk
AEW Women's Title Thunder Rosa v Serena Deeb
Blackpool Combat Club & Santana, Ortiz, Eddie Kingston v Jericho Appreciation Society
AEW Tag Three Title Match Jurassic Express v Ricky Starks & Powerhouse Hobbs v Swerve Strickland & Keith Lee

Will edit the other confirmed matches in nearer the event.

This post has been edited by Roba.: 20th May 2022, 12:40 AM

+Quote this post
Houdini
post 18th May 2022, 05:33 PM
Post #35
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Looking forward to this show! It seems like there's quite a bit of backstage problems happening at AEW at the moment though but the same thing could be said for WWE as well.

+Quote this post
Roba.
post 20th May 2022, 12:40 AM
Post #36
Group icon
Rob aah

Edited and updated my post about DON on 29th of May!

+Quote this post
Roba.
post 1st June 2022, 09:35 AM
Post #37
Group icon
Rob aah

So far my ratings for the matches I've seen at DON.

MJF v Wardlow 3/10 fun for Wardlow to dominate MJF here but not really much of a match overall.

Hardys v Bucks 7/10 Although Jeff is still a sloppy mess nowadays.

Jade Cargill v Anna Jay 5.5/10

Death Triangle v House of Black 10/10 what an exciting bout that was and the ending with Julia Hart was the icing on the cake.

Adam Cole v Samoa Joe 8/10

Britt Baker v Ruby Soho 6/10 Still don't get the hype round Britt personally. Jamie deserves more of a push from her group.

Americas Top Team v Sammy, Tay and Frankie 8.5/10 fun for what it was, the kissing stuff brings it down a score though.

Kyle O Reilly v Darby Allin 9/10 would be a 10 if not for Darby's botch fail crashing onto the floor the first time.

That's where I've got up to so far. Liked the Stotley and Athena debut but would have loved the latter to have got a physical rather than just all of them standing there.

This post has been edited by Robasenda: 1st June 2022, 09:36 AM

+Quote this post
Roba.
post 2nd June 2022, 12:05 PM
Post #38
Group icon
Rob aah

Anarchy In The Arena match 10/10
Triple Threat Tag Titles 10/10
Punk v Hangman 10/10

Really strong rest of the show!

--

MJF's segment last night was OFF THE SCALES. Crikey. He's on a whole other level as he says especially after that work/real beef promo stunt. He was so right about Tony with all the ex WWE guys. The irony of that being followed by Johnny Elite (John Morrison) & Miro (Rusev) 💀💀

This post has been edited by Robasenda: 2nd June 2022, 12:07 PM

+Quote this post
Houdini
post 2nd June 2022, 01:46 PM
Post #39
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

I thought Double Or Nothing overall was a decent show but it was too long and there were a number of matches in the middle of the card which should have taken place on Dynamite instead. I watched it live and I felt exhausted by the end laugh.gif , the anarchy in the arena match was my favourite.

Agree about MJF's promo on Dynamite last night. A lot of people genuinely thought he would no-show Double Or Nothing but I never got suckered in to that and I think all of this is largely a work planned between MJF & Tony Khan behind the scenes. New champion CM Punk came out to confront MJF after his mic got cut in a clip that wasn't shown on TV but MJF escaped through the crowd so I wonder if this will lead to a rematch between those two somewhere down the line?

+Quote this post
Roba.
post 8th June 2022, 06:22 PM
Post #40
Group icon
Rob aah

CM Punk out of action. Interim Champion to be announced and a battle royal to determine who will be face Jon Moxley!

Also PAC v Buddy just been announced for tonights show. Two former Cruiserweight Champs and both very talented too. Looking forward to that!

This post has been edited by Robasenda: 8th June 2022, 06:22 PM

+Quote this post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 27th April 2024, 07:42 PM