BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Other songs by BJSC artists
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
m
post Jan 11 2017, 05:22 PM
Post #1
Group icon
I asked for my account to be banned
User: 7,132
So because I love these sort of "Lounge type" threads in the BJSC forum lmao, I am wondering how likely people are to check out and enjoy other songs (that weren't entered here) by their BJSC artists, or artists sent by others. Do you often listen to EPs or whole albums by them? Are there any artists you’ve sent that you don’t actually really like, apart from the song you entered? etc.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
m
post Jan 11 2017, 05:30 PM
Post #2
Group icon
I always check out "other" music from my artists. Poison Ivory’s EP in particular was one of my favourite EPs to listen to last year. I also collected pretty much all the music from LOLAWOLF months after I sent ‘Calm Down’. Vogel has other great tracks, ‘Night City’ for example. The only artist since my return I don’t remember any other songs from except the one I sent is Blackbriar.

I also check out other stuff from the artists behind some of my fav songs sent by others! Deja stands out as having a great EP and I became a big fan of Sevdaliza after being introduced to ‘That Other Girl’ here! To name one more, I also listened to Aron Can’s album recently and it was pretty cool so I recommend that if you enjoyed Persephonia’s entry from him~

There’s probably tonnes more BJSC artists I could delve into properly but I just don’t have the time or energy lol

ur turn

+Quote this post
danG
post Jan 11 2017, 05:30 PM
Post #3
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥
User: 11,746
I don't often check out other songs immediately, but if I see an artist's name on YouTube/Spotify that I recognise I'll often think to myself I liked that other song in BJSC I should check this out.

As for artists I send myself, I often get invested in their follow-up material as well. I actually liked the song TheFatRat followed up 'Monody' with even more and he's now one of my favourite producers of the moment. Although there are some exceptions, I wasn't a fan of the rest of Mr FijiWiji's EP that 'Time To Say Goodbye' came from to give a recent example.

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post Jan 11 2017, 05:32 PM
Post #4
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947
I have checked out quite a few artists that I've stanned in Bjsc on the back of them being sent! Jillea and Girli are my main examples that I checked out last year! <3

My own artists I keep track of most of them! Especially Kinnie Lane and Ana Mena!

+Quote this post
TheSnake
post Jan 11 2017, 05:34 PM
Post #5
Group icon
Say that hiss with your chest, and...
User: 23,308
Get ready for Lotti posting loads of songs by GIRLI biggrin.gif (although I don't think GIRLI has that many songs).

In terms of my BJSC90 entry, Water Juice also have another funky house song, this time with Denver T Styles as the vocalist, the song is called 'Release The Best'

This post has been edited by 🚡🚟🍥-♨🎪🚘🎉🍥: Jan 11 2017, 05:36 PM

+Quote this post
lotita
post Jan 11 2017, 05:37 PM
Post #6
Group icon
feminist icon
Pronouns: she/her
User: 21,777
since bjsc girli has become my love and inspiration

Claudia Kane also has a flawless discography ohmy.gif

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post Jan 11 2017, 05:44 PM
Post #7
Group icon
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
User: 12,929
As a matter of course. Then I get upset because there's so many great songs that I can't now send to BJSC because that'd be self-recycling (and that's basically the reason why I've done it a couple of times). In fact, a lot of the time what leads me to send a song in the first place is loving multiple numbers of their songs and constantly worrying which one would be best to send. Makes for good songs to play on Plug I guess.

If I'd known about this Eir Aoi song instead of Ignite at the time I'd have sent this one. For example. Against The Current and Amaranthe naturally have awesome material, I need to get into more of Kalafina, sending a song always at least marks a card on that artist so that I do check out new songs by them a lot of the time.

One of the more interesting ones where that's not the case is I See Stars, I tried to get into the rest of their material but it's just a bit too hard for me. Yet I'm half naming my latest internet identity after them (for when Iz isn't enough) because I think it flows well.

This happens less often with other people's artists, but where I think it's probable that the artist has more great stuff waiting in the wings, yeah, I do that. TheFatRat I've become a huge fan of most recently, but over the years BJSC has introduced me to loads of artists that I consider favourites now.

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post Jan 11 2017, 05:46 PM
Post #8
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
Pronouns: he/him
User: 13,530
Ooh I made a thread a while ago on this, more specific to personal charts though, but basically I have a very long list of my BJSC artists nabbing other chart hits laugh.gif Out of all of the artists I've sent, only these have made my personal chart with their BJSC song:

Kerli (feature on tyDi's Something About You)
Houseshaker
Topher Jones
Mischa Daniels
Caroline Brooks
Cassie Steele
Wisin (feature on Sofia Reyes' Muévelo)
Wølffe
Eaves (although I listened to and charted his album)
Joel Adams
Shawn Hook
Ryan Lawrie
Catey Shaw

Some of them only have one song anyway (Joel, Ryan), others I never got round to checking out (Shawn) and a few DJs that I just never looked at again laugh.gif but considering I've been in 48 contests, plus counting features, that's pretty good going, most of them have at least a second hit in my chart magic.gif

On the other hand, artists like Lucie Silvas, Alyssa Reid, Greyson Chance, Ulrik Munther, Isac Elliot and Lewis Watson have many hits in my chart, which helps as I knew them all prior to sending them I guess.

+Quote this post
m
post Jan 11 2017, 05:59 PM
Post #9
Group icon
QUOTE(princess lotita @ Jan 11 2017, 05:37 PM) *
Claudia Kane also has a flawless discography ohmy.gif

ooh, I better check that out, thanks for mentioning, I probably would've forgotten otherwise. That was among my favourite entries last year <3

+Quote this post
Brer
post Jan 11 2017, 06:05 PM
Post #10
Group icon
I'll just stick around and do some more damage
User: 8,300
I always check out at least a couple of other tracks by my BJSC artists! When I discover a new BJSC potential that I get really into I always look up a few of the artist's other songs to see if they have any even better options. I've only actually switched my entry a couple of times as a result of this but there are plenty of other songs by my BJSC artists that I had considered as entries alongside the ones I actually sent, here are some links if anyone wants to listen lmao #shamelessselfpromo:

TĀLĀ - The Duchess (need to listen to more of her new material again x)
Gent Mason - Head (very similar vibe to 'Eden', an underrated entry of mine if I say so myself. x)
WEDNESDAY CAMPANELLA - Diablo (they have so many good songs, it pains me that 'Shakushain' flopped so hard, almost makes me want to send them again to give them another chance laugh.gif some people may remember this song from me playing it on plug a fair amount anyway ~)
DANCE WITH THE DEAD - Signals
Yung Lean - Hoover (if this came out like 2 days earlier I'd have sent it instead of the ancient and kind of cheap 'Kyoto'. Yung Lean is just my idol in general, also recommend 'Yoshi City' which I sent to Unknown Pleasures)
The Shanghai Restoration Project - Miss Shanghai (a bit more upbeat than 'The Wandering Songstress', sounds a bit like a Chinese-tinged Clean Bandit song maybe)
BOOTS - AQUARIA (feat. Deradoorian)
Bachar Mar-Khalifé - Lemon (the song I discovered him through, and I probably should have stuck with this one. quite similar to Omar Souleyman's 'Enssa El Aatab' for anyone who liked that x)
Aron Can - Enginn Mórall (his entire album is kind of amazing (yess at you checking it out Mattias *.*) but this is my highlight from it, am eagerly awaiting him dropping some more new music)
Øfdream - Ninth Gate (this would have done so much better than 'Thelema' but no regrets. kind of similar to 'Fate'. the whole EP this is from is brill)

And this wasn't ever a potential but a new song featuring my former winner that is amazing and I would send it if I hadn't sent them already:
LOCO HOT - I'm A Tribe (feat. A-WA)

I do need to make more of an effort to check out other songs by artists who I discover via other people in BJSC, might try and make that more of a thing in 2017.

+Quote this post
Cameron
post Jan 11 2017, 06:08 PM
Post #11
Group icon
THE BLAZE *.*
User: 18,061
Ooooh!!!

In terms of Hushkanukia artists; Pvris, Elina Born and Jillette Johnson have incredible albums. Daniella Mason, FRANKIE and Jillea's EP's are also fab!

+Quote this post
Silas
post Jan 11 2017, 06:46 PM
Post #12
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474
This is how I get so many of my entries. I'm such a self-recycler at times.

I love checking out other tracks from artists that I've enjoyed. The key ones for me have been Delta Goodrem, Gabrielle and Caro Emerald. All have become some of my absolute favourite artists.

+Quote this post
Silas
post Jan 11 2017, 06:48 PM
Post #13
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474
QUOTE(Mattias @ Jan 11 2017, 05:22 PM) *
So because I love these sort of "Lounge type" threads in the BJSC forum lmao

I do too! So anyone wanting to start a thread in this vein gets the thumbs up from me

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post Jan 11 2017, 07:27 PM
Post #14
Group icon
new hair, new tee, new Levii’s Jeans
User: 21,308
There are a few times where I've heard of the artist before BJSC (my first three artists/Atlas Genius/Snow Tha Product/The Naked And Famous/Nhato (and I guess Rain Man before leaving Krewella sorta fits the bill)), but normally when I discover them, they're either relatively new or I haven't gotten around to checking out a substantial amount of their material to make an inference.

Five Knives' album and TNAF's Simple Forms are the ones that have really stuck with me in terms of material I discovered post-BJSC appearance. I was kinda already anticipating Vikings from New Politics anyway tongue.gif

+Quote this post
PeteFromLeeds
post Jan 11 2017, 08:55 PM
Post #15
Group icon
Buy yourself a car, and a house in Devon
User: 23,247
Well my BJSC flop AJR are now racing up Spotify with theire new single 'Weak' biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post Jan 11 2017, 09:03 PM
Post #16
Group icon
Hello?
User: 116
Leddra Chapman became one of my favourite artists after I discovered her through Nickodonia sending her back in late '09. I think I ordered the album immediately after hearing Story once!

But yeah there are loads and loads of instances of this. As a matter of course, I always check if my 18 pointer has any other recent material and usually follow their careers from that point onwards. BJSC has led me to buying quite a few albums of artists I'd have never otherwise known about.

In terms of my own entries I absoutely ALWAYS check to see if the artist has any other material, partly because I want to be sure they don't have something better in their catalogue than the song I've picked to send!

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post Jan 11 2017, 09:11 PM
Post #17
Group icon
Hello?
User: 116
In terms of a list, here are the artists I became particularly invested after I discovered them via searching for BJSC entries, to the point I've checked all of their new stuff since:

Pixie Lott
Uh Huh Her
Emiliana Torrini
Example
Hafdis Huld
Anna Abreu
Caro Emerald
Katie Cole
Adaline (interestingly the cover of that Genesis song used in the A-level student's 'fake' John Lewis ad that went viral was by Adaline)
Rae Morris
Mr Little Jeans
Haloo Helsinki!
DJ Kent
The Arrows (possibly my favourite, absolutely EVERYTHING I've heard from this band, and the lead singer's new band Shotgun Fakes is complete genius. If they hadn't been so badly received on here I'd have mined their catalogue again by now)
Tensnake
Hozier
Helene Fischer
Sweet California
The Rua
KOLAJ
Real Lies

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post Jan 11 2017, 09:44 PM
Post #18
Group icon
new hair, new tee, new Levii’s Jeans
User: 21,308
QUOTE(Cody Slayberry @ Jan 11 2017, 11:27 AM) *
There are a few times where I've heard of the artist before BJSC (my first three artists/Atlas Genius/Snow Tha Product/The Naked And Famous/Nhato (and I guess Rain Man before leaving Krewella sorta fits the bill)), but normally when I discover them, they're either relatively new or I haven't gotten around to checking out a substantial amount of their material to make an inference.

Five Knives' album and TNAF's Simple Forms are the ones that have really stuck with me in terms of material I discovered post-BJSC appearance. I was kinda already anticipating Vikings from New Politics anyway tongue.gif
Adding:

In terms of singles, A-Trak's "We All Fall Down" and Rain Man's "Habit" are two notable post-BJSC singles that I've discovered.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 05:38 AM