BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Rupaul's Drag Race // Season 13 Episode 1, premieres 01 Jan 2021
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
George.keh
post Dec 28 2020, 07:06 PM
Post #21
#VoteGarden.Keh
Group: Members
Member No.: 32,047
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Envoirment @ Dec 28 2020, 06:44 PM) *
Exciting! Is the season a few epsiodes longer than usual then? Otherwise I assume there's a double elimination at some point.

The series is a whopping 16 episodes long so will last nearly 4 months!!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Klumzee
post Dec 28 2020, 07:11 PM
Post #22
#TeamAnneMarie
Member No.: 11,421

I feel like Kandy came across that way because she was the first one and had to fill the time with not much to talk about so I reckon production would've encouraged her. Once we see her interacting with the other queens I'll make my judgement. Most the queens blow air like that if you give them a chance! Thought she had a good lip-sync though and for me it's a fairly obvious decision.

Joey Jay is a bit more disappointing that her promo so far, her looks are very polished but personality she comes across very new and inexperienced and I didn't particularly like seeing all the feathers falling off her as she lipsynced. It's such a skater thing for me but you'd get deducted for doing that so I always think a costume shouldn't be falling apart just as you walk in it let alone lip-sync.

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Dec 28 2020, 09:40 PM
Post #23
Brown cow, stunning!
Member No.: 10,139

I LOVE that because Gottmik is there, Ru says "may the best drag queen win" instead of the "may the best woman win", a small but significant step for inclusion on the show.

+Quote Post
PaPa Ri
post Dec 28 2020, 09:46 PM
Post #24
JanWasRobbed
Member No.: 8,335

QUOTE(Liаm @ Dec 28 2020, 07:30 PM) *

ok but why are they gagging? they were asked to learn the song, so they should expect to lipsync.

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Dec 28 2020, 09:58 PM
Post #25
Brown cow, stunning!

To be fair they'd potentially have to lipsync anyway if they were top/bottom 2 in a premiere so surely they always have to learn a song. They would have just told each pair a different song but they wouldn't have known that the other queens would be learning a different song at that point.

Although Kandy having the perfect entrance look with a lipsync gimmick ready is kinda suss too laugh.gif

+Quote Post
HarryBorelli
post Dec 31 2020, 10:37 AM
Post #26
The Lady Said Go Home!
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 20,835

Confirmed to be on Netflix finally...phew i was worried 🤣🤣

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Jan 1 2021, 09:46 PM
Post #27
Brown cow, stunning!

Seems like there are guest judges - Nicole Byer, Loni Love, Cynthia Ervio, Ts Madison and Jamal Sims. As there's only a few I assume that some of them will do multiple appearances.

Anne Hathaway and Scarlett Johansson will also appear for a video masterclass and Nina West, Heidi N Closet and Valentina will appear at some point which I've seen is for this season's roast.

+Quote Post
J00prstar
post Jan 2 2021, 09:39 AM
Post #28
there's nothing straight about plump Elvis
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 22,895
   No Gallery Pics

Well...What a hot mess!

+Quote Post
Herbs
post Jan 2 2021, 10:20 AM
Post #29
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 214

Such a random first episode. Didn’t really get to know any of the queens really. I didn’t agree with one lip sync decision (putting Gottmik through - barely did anything during the lip sync)

I took the decision on the pork chop bit to mean that they will vote someone off without a challenge. Glad to see that isn’t true

+Quote Post
ElectroBoy
post Jan 2 2021, 10:28 AM
Post #30
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 3,002
   No Gallery Pics

Lala Ri's entrance look is erm..... interesting biggrin.gif

2 Lip-syncs down and it seems to win, you have to look bored and not really give any form of energy to be classed the winner

Although Symone was better in the 3rd LS... Tamisha just stood there and flapped her arms

This post has been edited by ElectroBoy: Jan 2 2021, 10:50 AM

+Quote Post
diva las vegans
post Jan 2 2021, 10:51 AM
Post #31
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 12,837
   No Gallery Pics

Tamisha is giving me serious Kamala Harris vibes laugh.gif

+Quote Post
ElectroBoy
post Jan 2 2021, 10:54 AM
Post #32
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 3,002
   No Gallery Pics

Utica is very.... Thorgy biggrin.gif

The Gotmik vs Utica LS was a bit lacking in any form of life though, do like Gotmik's look etc though

Loving Olivia Lux - her entrance look wasn't great... but she was so much fun in her lip-sync. Rose has definite Jan vibes biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by ElectroBoy: Jan 2 2021, 11:02 AM

+Quote Post
diva las vegans
post Jan 2 2021, 11:03 AM
Post #33
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 12,837
   No Gallery Pics

It’s so apparent that they not only knew about the lip sync but also that they wouldn’t actually be eliminated if they lost.

+Quote Post
J00prstar
post Jan 2 2021, 11:13 AM
Post #34
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(ElectroBoy @ Jan 2 2021, 10:28 AM) *
Lala Ri's entrance look is erm..... interesting biggrin.gif

2 Lip-syncs down and it seems to win, you have to look bored and not really give any form of energy to be classed the winner

Although Symone was better in the 3rd LS... Tamisha just stood there and flapped her arms

Tamisha gave perfect Janet Jackson choreo - that was exactly the kind of dancing Janet did in her heyday

I didn't think Symone was bad per se but she did just walk around a lot and raise her arms up in the air like she was doing yoga

+Quote Post
Calum
post Jan 2 2021, 11:20 AM
Post #35
nabad
Member No.: 18,316

Yeah that was a bit of a mess, although I'm definitely excited by most of the queens! Interested to see how it all plays out now but I'll be glad when it's all back to normal competition. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
blacksquare
post Jan 2 2021, 01:04 PM
Post #36
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 23,471
   No Gallery Pics

That first episode was a choice, which was even more glaring after how incredible the first episode was last season.

Well done to Gottmik for the worst drop into splits I have ever seen.

+Quote Post
Chemistry
post Jan 2 2021, 01:12 PM
Post #37
BuzzJack Gold Member
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 106,588
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(diva thin muffin @ Jan 2 2021, 12:03 PM) *
It’s so apparent that they not only knew about the lip sync but also that they wouldn’t actually be eliminated if they lost.

Yes, definitely.

I did like the concept to start with, but it became a bit repetitive and same-y at the end. I honestly thought they trick op the "porck chop" was that those who ended up there, actually won. Because to me some of those girls were definitely better than the winners.

+Quote Post
J00prstar
post Jan 2 2021, 02:08 PM
Post #38
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Chemistry @ Jan 2 2021, 01:12 PM) *
Yes, definitely.

I did like the concept to start with, but it became a bit repetitive and same-y at the end. I honestly thought they trick op the "porck chop" was that those who ended up there, actually won. Because to me some of those girls were definitely better than the winners.

Damn I'd love that next week if the girls that were celebrating and bragging this week had it revealed that actually they placed Low!

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Jan 2 2021, 02:12 PM
Post #39
Brown cow, stunning!

I did like the *idea* of getting to see them all lipsync, but it didn't quite work as well in practice as I wanted it to sad.gif I think Kandy, Symone, Tina and Olivia were the highlights of the actual lipsyncs, all of those did really well but Tamisha held her own against Symone certainly as she was really serving Janet Jackson concert. I can see why Ru went with Symone though, as Tamisha gave kind of what you expect from that song whereas Symone was giving her own interpretation and showing herself. Out of any of them though, if they were actual lipsyncs I feel like that could have easily been a double shantay.

The one thing was, the episode became too much about the lipsyncs and not about getting to know the queens as a premiere should, before you really got an impression of anyone, they were gone and there was another lipsync. However, I think this is more of an extra rather than taking anything away from the premieres, given what we know about the next cpuple of episodes' format. I'm sure we'll get to know the queens more then, but this was still kinda messy.

I did think the right calls were made other than LaLa winning over Denali, especially given that Denali had an outfit that worked against her for a lipsync and still turned it OUT. LaLa was good, but it was a bit more predictable, kind of exactly what you need for that song but not much more?

+Quote Post
HausofKubrick
post Jan 2 2021, 04:29 PM
Post #40
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 13,007

Going to go on record and say.. probably my least favourite first episode to date. It was a good concept but executed horrendously. So repetitive and by the 3rd one I was like Brendaanotherone.gif drama.gif

Barely got to see the queens interacting with each other as they all enter, which is usually a highlight of the series/first episodes and instead they spoke to one other queen for 10 seconds before being whisked away to do half-baked lip-syncs where NONE of them truly wowed.

Early days but my favourite is probably Symone. Kahmora was stunning~ I knew of Rosé's name beforehand from hype seen on Twitter etc, but she really did not deliver and her personality I did not warm to in the slightest. Humble down!

Overall, a really boring, repetetive and largely unfunny episode - I really hope it picks up a bit when they're all together!

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:56 AM