BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
30 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> BJSC Spin-Off General Discussion, Post your spin-off suggestions in here!
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Ryan.
post Jul 28 2015, 02:53 PM
Post #41
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Members
Member No.: 12,608
   No Gallery Pics

Yeah that'd be ideal actually seeing as there is always a week gap between contests and another week for confirmations, so that would fit perfectly! biggrin.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Brer
post Jul 28 2015, 02:57 PM
Post #42
C O N D I T I O N E R
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 8,300

The next couple of Reloadeds aren't going to need 2 weeks really, that'll only be necessary from VII when the semi-finals come in. Could we possibly run both Reloaded IV and V before the next themed spinoff? Both should only take a week.

+Quote Post
Ryan.
post Jul 28 2015, 03:04 PM
Post #43
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

Yeah that's always been my plan, the next two Re:LOADEDs will happen as soon as we move into August anyway. This is just planning ahead after that, if we follow this plan then we'll go ahead with the next themed spin-off in the cross-over between BJSC 77 and 78 (if YBO Rejects is finished by then) and Re:LOADED VI during BJSC 78. So it'll be a jam-packed next few weeks but once we settle into a routine it should run like clockwork!

+Quote Post
JSG
post Jul 28 2015, 04:30 PM
Post #44
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 18,473

Can I suggest an idea for a spin off? I meant to ages ago but forgot. Oops.

+Quote Post
Klaus
post Jul 28 2015, 04:34 PM
Post #45
❤️❤️➕🟦
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 17,160
   No Gallery Pics

Yeh doing both in one month sounds good as there's a lot of potential for different spin-offs!

These would be my favourites:

UK #41's / Just missed top 40 (#41-50) - Dan
Songs from assigned countries - Adam
Someone else's entry - Leww
Battle of the genres - Frank
Missed opportunities (best tracks that weren't singles) - Ryan

+Quote Post
Chez Wombat
post Jul 28 2015, 04:43 PM
Post #46
The owls are not what they seem
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 9,232
   No Gallery Pics

These would be my favoured ones:

UK #41's / Just missed top 40 (#41-50) - Dan
Less than one minute - Chris (Have no idea how this would work, but sounds fun *.*)
Instrumentals - Bré (PLEASE for this one, they are one of my favourite kinds of music and it's sad so few are entered into the main one)
Worst songs - Rich
Hallowe'en / Christmas - Popchartfreak
Songs from assigned countries - Adam
Anniversary entries - Jester
Someone else's entry - Leww (This could be really great)

I'd quite like to make a suggestion for Songs from the Movies is possible/there's enough interest. I definitely wouldn't be able to host it until likely quite a while from now so just one for the drawing board really!

+Quote Post
*Tim
post Jul 28 2015, 04:53 PM
Post #47
Bitch of t seet
Member No.: 16,660

OMG Movie Songs *.*

(Scrap my suggestion tho, I'll come up with a new one to host, it's shit)

+Quote Post
JSG
post Jul 28 2015, 05:57 PM
Post #48
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 18,473

my suggestion would be a eurovision spin off only incorporating songs from the finals that missed the top 20? I think that would be great wink.gif

+Quote Post
Ryan.
post Jul 28 2015, 07:34 PM
Post #49
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

Another Eurovision spin-off is definitely a possibility, but I'm not sure about that restriction as you are basically limiting everyone to a list of what I think would be less than 100 and it could be a struggle for everyone to find a song they actually like within that list in that I can see the same 5 or 10 songs being double and triple confirmed by everybody.

With a bit of work on that restriction though, a Eurovision spin-off is definitely a possibility at some point! And Movies seems like a viable suggestion to use at some point too.

Later this evening I'll bring together people's favourite suggestions from in here with what I think the other pros and cons may be and then hopefully by tomorrow I'll have some sort of priority list that we can change around if people disagree. So if you haven't yet done so, post any last minute suggestions or favourites from the list on the previous page (or since)!

+Quote Post
Jester
post Jul 28 2015, 07:37 PM
Post #50
Right in front of my salad?!
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 12

I want a Britpop one please!

+Quote Post
Silas
post Jul 28 2015, 08:04 PM
Post #51
Queen of Soon
Member No.: 3,474

I'm ok with trialling a Re:LOADED and a proper spin-off happening each month from August up to the end of the year.

I'm very cautious about overdoing it as 'constant' BJSC was what nearly killed the contest in the late 20's to such an extent that there was a 3 month break between XXVIII and XXIX where we pressed reset on the contest and changed a fair amount of things at once to try and save it. It's worked but I've been militant about keeping a calendar since XXIX to make sure everything is spaced out.

Not to dampen the enthusiasm, but we just need to be careful that we don't get too carried away at the expense of BJSC as a whole.

+Quote Post
Ryan.
post Jul 28 2015, 08:36 PM
Post #52
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

Yeah I think the end of the year makes the most sense to take a step back and decide what's working and what the general feelings are towards spin-offs after a few months of regular ones which we'll have never experienced before.

+Quote Post
danG
post Jul 28 2015, 08:44 PM
Post #53
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 11,746
   No Gallery Pics

how about a long songs spin off as well? (maybe the month after the songs under a minute one just for the contrast laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
Vülker
post Jul 29 2015, 10:17 PM
Post #54
üüü barracüda
Member No.: 10,222
   No Gallery Pics

Regarding Eurovision I'd like to see a Spin-off with National Final songs. So many gems there begging to be re/discovered.

Then I like the assigned countries and other people's entries ideas too. And Foreign Language 3 needs to happen!!

And if I may add one, I'd suggest a remix spin-off. Maybe with remixes of BJSC entries? Or a live performances only spin-off.

+Quote Post
Ryan.
post Jul 29 2015, 10:20 PM
Post #55
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Vülker @ Jul 29 2015, 11:17 PM) *
Regarding Eurovision I'd like to see a Spin-off with National Final songs. So many gems there begging to be re/discovered.

Then I like the assigned countries and other people's entries ideas too. And Foreign Language 3 needs to happen!!

And if I may add one, I'd suggest a remix spin-off. Maybe with remixes of BJSC entries? Or a live performances only spin-off.

We actually did a national final rejects Eurovision spin-off a couple of years ago, I can't remember if you took part in it - but we could definitely think of doing it again at some point!

Yeah we already have a suggestion of remixes, but former BJSC entries remix could be an interesting take on it - makes it a little less vague. Live performances could be a good one too!

+Quote Post
Vülker
post Jul 29 2015, 10:32 PM
Post #56
üüü barracüda
Member No.: 10,222
   No Gallery Pics

I wasn't about actually no, but would love to take part in a second instalment.

You can put me down as a potential host for either the BJSC remixes or live performances spin-offs (or any of the others really) if we ever come to them then. I promise there won't be a repeat of Copenhagen-gate. kink.gif

+Quote Post
Ryan.
post Jul 29 2015, 10:37 PM
Post #57
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

Sure! biggrin.gif And yeah it took place in the Eurovision forum but it was dragged out over quite a while if I remember correctly so wasn't quite as successful as it could've been, so it may be worth doing another installment at some point once we've gone through some of the new ideas!

+Quote Post
Ryan.
post Aug 5 2015, 06:08 PM
Post #58
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

Just so we are all in the loop, as you can see we are having Re:LOADED IV this week and hopefully Re:LOADED V will happen next week. And then the week after that will be our next themed spin-off which should coincide perfectly with BJSC 77 finishing. Then once we've reached that point, we'll be into our routine until the end of the year where we'll have a themed spin-off during the main contest's break and confirmations and then a Re:LOADED during the main contest's semi finals and final.

We are still discussing internally which themed spin-offs to use over the next few months, but provisionally we are looking to use the UK #41s (or #41-#50) theme first as it received the most popularity during our discussion last week and is a nice simple one to get started with. If this was to be our choice, Dan will you be up for hosting this as you suggested it (I'll PM you soon in case you don't see this) and if we go for the wider #41-#50 boundary (I think this would personally work better but I'm interested in what you guys think), does anyone have any catchy names for the contest?

+Quote Post
Silas
post Aug 5 2015, 06:14 PM
Post #59
Queen of Soon
Member No.: 3,474

UK Chart Near Misses - BJSC Edition.

+Quote Post
danG
post Aug 5 2015, 06:27 PM
Post #60
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 11,746
   No Gallery Pics

I'd like to host that yes provided that it doesn't start whilst I'm still on holiday (i get back 24 August i think)

+Quote Post

30 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 05:09 AM