BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> BJSC Spin-Off 2018 SIGN UP SHEET
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Linds.
post Feb 26 2018, 01:47 PM
Post #1
laugh 'til we cry
Group: Members
Member No.: 21,176

hi.gif

So I'm doing a bit of behind the scenes planning right now and I could really use some help! It's one thing brain-storming ideas for a spin off but it's another finding people who want to host them SO if you are interested drop your name below and outline your availability. I'm aiming to get a contest up each month and have a mix between genre based contests and themed ones so just telling me which months you could potentially host during is fine! We already have quite a few contest ideas but if you have a particular one you'd like to do, let me know too and it might just slot into our calendar nicely angel.gif

At the moment I am still looking for a March host as well but hosting spots will be given on a first come first served bases unless it's for a contest that we've done in the past and the previous winner wishes to host the next edition, in which case they'll get priority. If you wanna co-host with a particular person then that's cool too (pending mod approval ofc wink.gif ) or you just want to drop some ideas but not actually host them, still reply here happy.gif

Thankssssss x
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
danG
post Feb 26 2018, 04:39 PM
Post #2
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 11,746
   No Gallery Pics

Hi! happy.gif

I'd be up for hosting a spin-off and would like to bring back Masquerade for a second run (having won the first edition) sometime this year, preferably not in March/April though as I have assignments to complete (and Club Bizarre to host) and as we both know BJSC hosting is a big commitment.

+Quote Post
Anita Hanjaab
post Feb 26 2018, 04:43 PM
Post #3
Buffy/Charmed
Member No.: 18,639
   No Gallery Pics

I'd like to see Mattias host an existentialist spin-off ... as long as he doesn't send that artist that I would like to send x

+Quote Post
✖ leww ✖
post Feb 26 2018, 04:44 PM
Post #4
escape in the taste of summerrrrrr
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 9,403

me

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Feb 26 2018, 06:06 PM
Post #5
Brown cow, stunning!
Member No.: 10,139

Another Masquerade or Re-Invention would be fab!

And I'd be up for hosting if ever I'm needed.

+Quote Post
Brer
post Feb 26 2018, 06:15 PM
Post #6
C O N D I T I O N E R
Member No.: 8,300

I already hosted a spinoff not that long ago but I'll throw my name in to host another one at some point :3

(cats vs. dogs spinoff tbh)

+Quote Post
lotita
post Feb 26 2018, 06:17 PM
Post #7
feminist icon (she/her)
Group: Site Empress
Member No.: 21,777
   No Gallery Pics

cats vs dogs +1

+Quote Post
Jade
post Feb 26 2018, 06:19 PM
Post #8
I feel so seen in the night
Group: Buzzjack's Sweetheart
Member No.: 12,810

cats vs dogs [3]

(I already have Nuggets and Battle of the Duos to host in the pipeline, while juggling a large Uni workload, but possibly much later in the year)

+Quote Post
Iz 🌟
post Feb 26 2018, 06:30 PM
Post #9
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
Group: Admin.
Member No.: 12,929
   No Gallery Pics

I'm okay to host if you need of course, I did host one of the more recent spinoffs (and if there is a Masquerade II, whoever's hosting feel free to come to me if you want tips on organising the more unusual parts of that like the dole out) so give priority to other people but probably I'm available to host anytime.

+Quote Post
Linds.
post Feb 26 2018, 11:10 PM
Post #10
laugh 'til we cry

Good to hear Dan! Masquerade was one of the ones we wanted back anyway as is reinvention, totally cool with waiting a few months, just let me know when you want to get it going!

Thanks guys for volunteering so soon, it makes my job easier *.*

If we were gonna do a genre theme in March, what would y'all fancy? I'm gonna veto any repeats of last year's atm tho as i feel we do need something fresh! I was thinking pop-rock purely being biased and thinking of my own taste as it's a genre that does get overlooked in the main contest but ofc I have the worry that like two people would be interested in that and that it turns out to be more nugget-y which is why I'm saying POP rock to try and make it the more mainstream sound of the rock branch but idk! These are for you so whatever the general consensus is, that's what we'll go with and hopefully Lew can host since he got there first kink.gif

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Feb 26 2018, 11:19 PM
Post #11
Brown cow, stunning!

Anything but yet another dance one laugh.gif

I like the thought of a sort of pop-rock as something a bit different! I like spinoffs like that where people have to think outside the box a bit more.

+Quote Post
lewistgreen
post Feb 26 2018, 11:24 PM
Post #12
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 19,585

Dance Forum Song Contest aside though, the last actual BJSC spin off that was dance was 3 years ago!

I'm here for a pop rock theme though!

+Quote Post
danG
post Feb 26 2018, 11:29 PM
Post #13
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 11,746
   No Gallery Pics

personally I think Club Bizarre sorts out the dance side of things, all the people really into dance are in that anyway and there's one of those every 3 months, so dance needn't be a priority here. I'm not interested in pop-rock myself but that hasn't been done before.

I'm also hosting the next one of those in April so perhaps I could do Masquerade in June-July.

+Quote Post
Dexton
post Feb 26 2018, 11:29 PM
Post #14
rip in peace Dickston
Member No.: 25,045
   No Gallery Pics

What is cats vs dogs...? laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Brett-Butler
post Feb 26 2018, 11:31 PM
Post #15
Howdy, disco citizens
Member No.: 10,455
   No Gallery Pics

90s!

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Feb 26 2018, 11:35 PM
Post #16
Brown cow, stunning!

Yeah that's what I meant, like obv rock and indie are catered for like dance by genre contests, there is PFSC but it's less frequent and I think the best spin-offs in here are ones you couldn't and wouldn't get in genre forums, things ou may not necessarily think of that end up making you think outside the box. It would be a bit boring to have like say a dance contest where everyone sends the same stuff they do to the main contest, or the same for the pop crowd if it was like Pop Anthems or sth, whereas something you wouldn't think of like pop-rock or ones like Masquerade I find them really fun.

+Quote Post
Cameron
post Feb 26 2018, 11:36 PM
Post #17
THE BLAZE *.*
Member No.: 18,061

tv themes after 38 years of waiting

+Quote Post
Brer
post Feb 26 2018, 11:37 PM
Post #18
C O N D I T I O N E R

QUOTE(Dexton @ Feb 26 2018, 11:29 PM) *
What is cats vs dogs...? laugh.gif

The two most common household pets.

+Quote Post
Brer
post Feb 26 2018, 11:39 PM
Post #19
C O N D I T I O N E R

I think a 90s spinoff would potentially be good, really enjoyed the 80s one!

+Quote Post
Linds.
post Feb 26 2018, 11:41 PM
Post #20
laugh 'til we cry

QUOTE(danG @ Feb 26 2018, 11:29 PM) *
personally I think Club Bizarre sorts out the dance side of things, all the people really into dance are in that anyway and there's one of those every 3 months, so dance needn't be a priority here. I'm not interested in pop-rock myself but that hasn't been done before.

I'm also hosting the next one of those in April so perhaps I could do Masquerade in June-July.

July would be perfect!! heart.gif

QUOTE(Brett-Butler @ Feb 26 2018, 11:31 PM) *
90s!

Oooh I like it, what if we had a 90s vs 00s theme?

I'm satisfied about the reaction pop rock is getting but if it would be preferred we could turn it into a vs contest too and have pop rock vs dance pop (that's a thing right? kink.gif )

I will leak the provisional calendar to everyone at somepoint but I just want a bit more input before then. I don't wanna dictate to you all what's happening when as like I said before, the spin offs are literally just a bit of fun and for you guys so the more discussion that goes into this the better.

So I am really into holding an LGBTQ themed one over summer, probs in August to align with pride etc. What are people's thoughts there?

Also October.... Halloween?

Ofc I've said before we are gonna run another edition of worldvision towards the end of the year that is predominantly Asian and will include the countries we missed previously!

There's also a German themed contest planned atm too angel.gif

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 09:40 AM