BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Masquerade II Green Room & Sign-Up, please post your interest before 31/08 23:59 British Time
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
danG
post Aug 29 2018, 11:00 AM
Post #1
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 11,746
   No Gallery Pics

graphic by Iz (very little edit by Dan)

We are situated in the modern city of Berg, in the city's number one Silhouettes nightclub (so-called as the lights are turned so low that all you will see are the shadows of other dancers, thus making it the ideal location for the event we are about to announce) located in the deep south of South Danaelanda, and if you stand on top of the Levels tower you can see the borders of both Helgon and Daehun, but at 40 Aelans per person, most of you won't be able to afford such luxury. The Watermelon Club Arena in Aelan is fully booked for the next month, and newly elected President of South Danaelanda, Dame Jess Glynne (our first female President, she'll have you know) is keen to show off to Buzzjackia the rest of our beautiful half-nation. Before she formally announces the event, she would like to tell you that her new single All I Am is available on all download and streaming platforms now and her new album Always In Between will be released on 21 September.

"Hello peoples of South Danaelanda and Buzzjackia. Before I formally announce this event, I would like to tell you that my new single All I Am is available on all download and streaming platforms now and my new album Always In Between will be released on 21 September.

Just over a year and a half ago a selection of the fine nations of Buzzjackia took part in the first international Masquerade ball. Our half-nation went in disguised as Jadakissnia and we were deemed to have sent the best song of the contest, having recycled FM-84 (alongside non-recycled featured singer Ollie Wride) with 'Running In The Night'. As such, we have been asked to host the long-awaited sequel, which will be hosted right here and once again will see whoever takes part trying to hide their identity behind another nation's. There's no place I'd rather be so I'll be there, will you?

So let the second BJSC Masquerade BEGIN!
"

*music*

Now if you are new to this concept or if you want to re-familairise yourself with it, here's how it works (paraphrased from Iz):

"You're going to become another country. Another BJSC country. The entry you will have to hunt down from this spinoff must be from an artist that has previously been sent by the country you are assigned. So say you get assigned me, South Danaelanda. You will have 50 or so artists to choose from, from Oliver Heldens to TheFatRat to Gareth Emery. But you must enter one of those artists, any song from their careers, but one of those artists. Same if you get assigned any other country.

And to make it even more interesting, it will be anonymous so that while there will be an entry from your past artists in the final lineup, you won't know who sent it and will have to play a guessing game. I'll PM you the country you get at the assignment stage, and you may not tell anyone who you have got until I have unmasked you in the results thread.

And that's why I'm going to need some definite audience participation. IF YOU WISH TO TAKE PART IN THIS SPINOFF, please post in here saying you'd like to sign up. I'll give you some days to do that and get a good crowd, the main contest hasn't even started yet. I'll then take a list of the countries who have signed up and randomise them, and then assignment and confirmations will open. If you could sign up before 31st Aug 23:59 that'd be amazing. If you sign up please make sure to confirm so everyone who signs up gets the chance to see their nation get recycled.

To help you in the confirmations process Bré has compiled a list of eligible artists for the countries that participated last time around. For now it is out of date (could we please have a Masquerade II version? angel.gif) but should still give you an idea of who you could potentially be recycling.

There are still however some RULES in the confirmations process. Take a quick read now to familiarise yourself with them:
- You may not enter any UK top 20 hit. The mods also reserve the right to veto songs that charted lower but are deemed to be well known.
- You may not enter any song by an artist with an artist forum. For example, if you are lucky enough to get Ashton, you may not send any Sugababes song. Even the 4.0 lineup.
- You may not recycle any song that has appeared in the BJSC or any of its spin-offs (please check these threads). Any song that has been sent to another forum contest (PFSC, UP, Nuggets, Club Bizarre) may also get vetoed.
- If by chance, you have recycled an artist from the country you have been assigned previously in another BJSC, or vice versa, you are restricted from using that artist again. You are also encouraged to not send the artist that was recycled in the previous Masquerade, i.e. please don't send Elena again if you get me. I've sent loads of better artists. For reference, here's a reminder of what was sent last time.

The different stages of the contest will take place on these days...
"

29/08 (Wed): Green room / Sign-up
01/09 (Sat): Assignment / Confirmations
08/09 (Sat): Masking / Voting period
20/09 (Thu): Unmasking / Results

NB: If you are assigned a new country (less than 10 entries) then (if you do not like any of the small selection of artists from that country) I will also assign to you an inactive or non-participating country, with similar taste in entries if I can swing it that way, with a large repertoire, to be used as a backup if you can't find anything from the newer field. Don't be so hard on yourself and let that put you off signing up if you are a new country though (new countries may also post in this thread a list of ten artists that they have considered or are considering for BJSC that the recycler may choose from)."

- Aelandor
- Aeroche
- Aesthetica
- Beaverdonia
- Bøtanikkä
- Cadelicia
- Cor Lupus
- Cowtermont
- Deandria
- Dobago
- FARC
- Fljótavík
- Florina
- Flynnonda
- FSR Rontvia
- Harmonica
- Holland-Oats
- Jadakissnia
- Jupiterdonia
- Kluminican Republic
- Land of DW
- Lotunia
- Niceland
- Ojnoj
- Persephonia
- Pupok
- Quintessa
- République d'Ashton
- Rolloland
- Séyetana
- South Danaelanda
- St. Burbia
- Taahino
- Terra Avium
- Trifoski
- Ultraviolenceland
- Unovia
(37)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Aug 29 2018, 11:04 AM
Post #2
Brown cow, stunning!
Group: Members
Member No.: 10,139

Sign me up! *.*

+Quote Post
BridgeCow
post Aug 29 2018, 11:06 AM
Post #3
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 23,860
   No Gallery Pics

I wanna be part of this!! I can post a list of other artists if needed too

+Quote Post
danG
post Aug 29 2018, 11:08 AM
Post #4
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(BridgeCow @ Aug 29 2018, 12:06 PM) *
I wanna be part of this!! I can post a list of other artists if needed too

I think you're alright actually as you've sent ten entries now and many of them with multiple artists!

+Quote Post
HarryBorelli
post Aug 29 2018, 11:09 AM
Post #5
The Lady Said Go Home!
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 20,835

Sign me up!

+Quote Post
seven.
post Aug 29 2018, 11:10 AM
Post #6
i can only do one normal thing a day
Member No.: 14,428
   No Gallery Pics

Yesss this one was great, count me in!

+Quote Post
Dobbo
post Aug 29 2018, 11:10 AM
Post #7
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 20,053
   No Gallery Pics

I passed on this last time as it wasn't fair on the person who picked me at the time given I had such a small repertoire but as I'm coming up to 30 choices now I'm in on this one.

+Quote Post
Dexton
post Aug 29 2018, 11:11 AM
Post #8
rip in peace Dickston
Member No.: 25,045
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(danG @ Aug 29 2018, 07:00 PM) *
Don't be so hard on yourself

Learn to forgive learn to let go dance.gif

Yes pls can I enter this sounds fun *.* I barely have any entries tho (and unless I’m forgetting something only one of them have multiple artists laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
danG
post Aug 29 2018, 11:14 AM
Post #9
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Dexton @ Aug 29 2018, 12:11 PM) *
Learn to forgive learn to let go dance.gif

Yes pls can I enter this sounds fun *.* I barely have any entries tho (and unless I’m forgetting something only one of them have multiple artists laugh.gif)

It definitely is fun!

As you count as a 'new' country, could you please post ten artists you also like for whoever gets you to consider from? wink.gif

+Quote Post
Jade
post Aug 29 2018, 11:19 AM
Post #10
I feel so seen in the night
Group: Buzzjack's Sweetheart
Member No.: 12,810

Glad to see this back! Sign me up *.*

+Quote Post
PeteFromLeeds
post Aug 29 2018, 11:26 AM
Post #11
Buy yourself a car, and a house in Devon
Member No.: 23,247
   No Gallery Pics

Sign me up please!

+Quote Post
Silas
post Aug 29 2018, 11:41 AM
Post #12
Queen of Soon
Member No.: 3,474

I am in!!

+Quote Post
J00prstar
post Aug 29 2018, 11:43 AM
Post #13
there's nothing straight about plump Elvis
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 22,895
   No Gallery Pics

Sounds fun. Bring it on. Is it any country or just those of us that signed up?

+Quote Post
m
post Aug 29 2018, 11:49 AM
Post #14
I asked for my account to be banned
Group: Banned
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

I'd like to take part again this time - sign me up! bounce.gif

+Quote Post
Chez Wombat
post Aug 29 2018, 11:50 AM
Post #15
The owls are not what they seem
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 9,232
   No Gallery Pics

Yes please, sign me up!

+Quote Post
Dexton
post Aug 29 2018, 11:50 AM
Post #16
rip in peace Dickston
Member No.: 25,045
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(danG @ Aug 29 2018, 07:14 PM) *
It definitely is fun!

As you count as a 'new' country, could you please post ten artists you also like for whoever gets you to consider from? wink.gif

I can already think of a few off the top of my head but I’ll post a proper list after work tongue.gif

Funny that my only spin off artists so far have been Pulp, Weezer, and Hayley Williams :’) not exactly making it easy for anyone to avoid sending something cheap am I wink.gif (although I did just glance at last years which had twenty one pilots and Panic! At The Disco so idk)

+Quote Post
danG
post Aug 29 2018, 11:56 AM
Post #17
   No Gallery Pics

The veto rules are relaxed but try not to be cheap anyway, ridiculously cheap songs will be vetoed at least.

+Quote Post
Klaus
post Aug 29 2018, 12:02 PM
Post #18
❤️❤️➕🟦
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 17,160
   No Gallery Pics

Meeee please

+Quote Post
Iz 🌟
post Aug 29 2018, 12:03 PM
Post #19
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
Group: Admin.
Member No.: 12,929
   No Gallery Pics

I’m really excited to see this back and to see someone else’s take on hosting it. Sign me up!

+Quote Post
Brer
post Aug 29 2018, 12:09 PM
Post #20
C O N D I T I O N E R
Member No.: 8,300

Sign me up ~ hoping to get a slightly more challenging country this time x

I will make an update to the thread I made last time btw! Hopefully shouldn't take as long to put together this time laugh.gif

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 07:33 AM