BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Masquerade II :: Mask On, 4PM
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
danG
post Sep 8 2018, 09:27 PM
Post #1
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 11,746
   No Gallery Pics

BJSC MASQUERADE II

A South Danaelanda presentation...

The Silhouettes nightclub, Berg

While we wait for the song list to get approved, why not have a wild guess at which artists we may be seeing tonight (or maybe tomorrow). Who will rep our half-nation? Who will rep yours?

Hype away..
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jade
post Sep 8 2018, 09:28 PM
Post #2
I feel so seen in the night
Group: Buzzjack's Sweetheart
Member No.: 12,810

I hope whoever got me has done as good of a job as S DNLD did last time (I did give it an 18 after all *.*) - hyped for this!

+Quote Post
Klumzee
post Sep 8 2018, 09:31 PM
Post #3
#TeamAnneMarie
Group: Members
Member No.: 11,421

I hope the poster who got me hasn't gone for a super obvious/well known artist of mine. I was represented by Pogo last time which was not even close to being on my radar and it ended up being a great discovery and was successful!

+Quote Post
Leonardo
post Sep 8 2018, 09:32 PM
Post #4
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 11,502

Well I don’t think I have any obvious cheap artist left after Cody went with Panic! last time (excluding spin-offs) so excited to see what i’ve picked, also hope my country likes my entry which they should cos it’s awesome x

+Quote Post
Brer
post Sep 8 2018, 09:33 PM
Post #5
C O N D I T I O N E R
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 8,300

All I ask is that whoever got me actually votes this time kink.gif

(also would hope that this time it won't be an artist that's much more associated with a more successful entry by a different country x)

+Quote Post
J00prstar
post Sep 8 2018, 09:53 PM
Post #6
there's nothing straight about plump Elvis
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 22,895
   No Gallery Pics

I'm kinda expecting mine this time round will go for my Inna as probably the best known artist. If so, hope its one of her new ones! Btw thanks to Bre for putting together that country list of songs!

+Quote Post
danG
post Sep 8 2018, 09:53 PM
Post #7
   No Gallery Pics

Just to let you know, this will be postponed to tomorrow, as it's getting rather late now and the mods still need to check the list. You'll still have over a week to vote anyway.

Will confirm a time and a place later ~

+Quote Post
danG
post Sep 9 2018, 02:06 PM
Post #8
   No Gallery Pics

4PM

A South Danaelanda presentation...

The Silhouettes nightclub, Berg

The song list has all been mod approved, no vetoes. Join us at 4PM for the exclusive showcase of the 39 Masquerade II entries.

+Quote Post
danG
post Sep 9 2018, 03:00 PM
Post #9
   No Gallery Pics

These will be revealed in the order they appear in the voting thread, as randomly decided.

Firstly we have Aelandor, Land of DW and Hushkanukia...

Aelandor :: C2C - Delta

ABOUT: C2C (also known as Coups2Cross) is a French musical group formed in 1998 in the city of Nantes. The collaboration group consists of 4 French DJs: Atom and pFeL from Beat Torrent and 20Syl and Greem from Hocus Pocus. Each member of the group uses his turntable as an instrument, recreating in turn drums, bass guitars, scratching a guitar riff, or simulating a brass instrument.
PREVIOUS APPEARANCE: 'Down The Road' in BJSC 98, finished 30th

+++

Land of DW :: Eivør - Trøllabundin

ABOUT: Eivør Pálsdóttir (pronounced [ˈaivœɹ ˈpɔlsˌdœʰtəɹ]; born 21 July 1983), known professionally as Eivør, is a Faroese singer-songwriter with a distinct voice and a wide range of interests in various music genres spanning rock, jazz, folk, pop and European classical music. Her musical roots are in the Faroese ballads. Many of her songs are in Faroese, some are in Icelandic and the most recent are mostly in English.
PREVIOUS APPEARANCES: 'Í Tokuni' in BJSC 93, finished 5th (for Land of DW) / 'Fjøllini Standa Úti (Live)' in BJSC 38, finished 16th in semi-final (for Elëdan) / 'Undo Your Mind' in BJSC 49, finished 9th (for Caerfyrddia)

+++

Hushkanukia :: Anavae - All Or Nothing

ABOUT: Anavae (often abbreviated ae, Æ or æ) are an English rock duo from London. The group consists of Rebecca Need-Menear and Jamie Finch. Following their self-released EP Into the Aether, the band signed with English indie label LAB Records in 2013, releasing a second EP entitled Dimensions soon after.
PREVIOUS APPEARANCE: 'Feel Alive' in BJSC 80, finished 20th

+++

Next up will be Kluminican Republic, Trifoski and République d'Ashton...

+Quote Post
Cody Scobell
post Sep 9 2018, 03:03 PM
Post #10
Cause if looks could kill, we wouldn’t want to be Dan Humphrey
Member No.: 21,308
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(danG @ Sep 9 2018, 08:00 AM) *
Aelandor :: C2C - Delta

ABOUT: C2C (also known as Coups2Cross) is a French musical group formed in 1998 in the city of Nantes. The collaboration group consists of 4 French DJs: Atom and pFeL from Beat Torrent and 20Syl and Greem from Hocus Pocus. Each member of the group uses his turntable as an instrument, recreating in turn drums, bass guitars, scratching a guitar riff, or simulating a brass instrument.
PREVIOUS APPEARANCE: 'Down The Road' in BJSC 98, finished 30th
i would not be surprised if that’s jadakissnia

+Quote Post
danG
post Sep 9 2018, 03:05 PM
Post #11
   No Gallery Pics

Kluminican Republic :: Giorgio Moroder (feat. Sia) - Deja Vu

ABOUT: Giovanni Giorgio Moroder (Italian: [dʒoˈvanni ˈdʒordʒo moˈrɔːder], German: [mɔˈʁoːdɐ]; born 26 April 1940) is an Italian singer, songwriter, DJ and record producer. A four-time Grammy Award winner, Moroder is frequently credited with pioneering Italo disco and electronic dance music, and is dubbed the "Father of Disco".
Sia Kate Isobelle Furler (/ˈsiːə/; born 18 December 1975), known mononymously as Sia, is an Australian singer-songwriter, record producer and music video director. She started her career as a singer in the acid jazz band Crisp in the mid-1990s in Adelaide. In 1997, when Crisp disbanded, she released her debut studio album titled OnlySee in Australia, but it did not sell well. She moved to London, England, and provided lead vocals for the British duo Zero 7.
PREVIOUS APPEARANCES: 'My Love' in BJSC 46, finished 17th in semi-final (Sia for Kluminican Republic) / 'Clap Your Hands' in BJSC 25, finished 4th (Sia for Kopečka) / 'Buttons' (CSS Remix) in BJSC 18, finished 17th in semi-final (Sia for Cadbury)

+++

Trifoski :: Anna Meredith & The Scottish Ensemble (feat. Antonio Vivaldi) - Anno: The Four Seasons - Spring (Full Movement)

ABOUT: Anna Meredith (born 12 January 1978) is a British composer and performer of electronic and acoustic music. She is a former composer-in-residence with the BBC Scottish Symphony Orchestra and former PRS/RPS Composer in the House with Sinfonia ViVA. In 2016, Meredith released her debut studio album, Varmints, to widespread critical acclaim. An electronica-based release, the album won the 2016 Scottish Album of the Year Award.
PREVIOUS APPEARANCES: 'Nautilus' in BJSC 87, finished 27th in semi final (Anna Meredith for Trifoski) / 'Winter I. Allegro Non Molto' in BJSC 62, finished 25th in semi final (Antonio Vivaldi for Kluminican Republic)

+++

République d’Ashton :: Luciana & Nytrix - Trouble

ABOUT: Luciana Caporaso (born 23 June 1973 in London), simply known as Luciana, is an English artist, actress, singer and songwriter. She is of English and Italian heritage. Nytrix is an American DJ, electronic music producer and vocalist based in Los Angeles. He gained recognition for his song "Take Me Higher" and collaborations with singers DEV and Neon Hitch.
PREVIOUS APPEARANCES: 'I Like That' in BJSC 26, finished 31st (Luciana for République d'Ashton) / 'U B The Bass' in BJSC 55, finished 13th (Luciana for République d'Ashton) / 'The New Kings' in BJSC 60, finished 11th (Luciana for Hendinia) / 'X With You' in BJSC 101, finished 25th in semi-final (Luciana for Dobago)

+++

Next up... Ojnoj, South Danaelanda and FARC.

+Quote Post
Cody Scobell
post Sep 9 2018, 03:06 PM
Post #12
   No Gallery Pics

NYTRIX APPEARING IN THIS OMG, hopefully this entry gets some justice for X With You

that’s a little cheap for the Klumzee rep pick

(why is my flag on the rep d’ash entry log)

+Quote Post
Klaus
post Sep 9 2018, 03:07 PM
Post #13
❤️❤️➕🟦
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 17,160
   No Gallery Pics

oooo first cheap pick of the afternoon!

Trifoski’s looks interesting without hearing it yet laugh.gif

+Quote Post
danG
post Sep 9 2018, 03:08 PM
Post #14
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Cody Sabathy @ Sep 9 2018, 04:06 PM) *

You saw nothing

+Quote Post
danG
post Sep 9 2018, 03:10 PM
Post #15
   No Gallery Pics

Ojnoj :: Kim Petras - I Don't Want It All

ABOUT: Kim Petras (born 27 August 1992) is a German singer and songwriter. Born in Cologne, Petras became subject of media coverage after undergoing gender transition at a young age. She began recording music as a teenager, releasing her debut extended play One Piece of Tape in 2011. She independently released her debut single in 2017, "I Don't Want It At All", which was produced by Dr. Luke and topped viral music charts on Spotify, resulting in Petras landing a partnership with the company, and peaked at number 54 on the Billboard Dance Club Songs chart in the United States. Petras has since released the singles "Hills", "Hillside Boys", "Slow It Down", "Heart to Break", and "Faded", each of which has accumulated over one million streams. She also appears on Charli XCX's mixtape Pop 2 (2017), alongside Jay Park on the track "Unlock It".
PREVIOUS APPEARANCES: 'Heart To Break' in BJSC 102, finished 1st (for Ojnoj) '/ 'The Hills' in BJSC 100, finished 26th (for Joedonia)

+++

South Danaelanda :: Headhunterz & KSHMR - Dharma

ABOUT: Willem Rebergen (born 12 September 1985), better known by his stage name Headhunterz, is a Dutch DJ and record producer. He also is a voice actor, dubbing for several movies and TV series. Niles Hollowell-Dhar (born 6 October 1988), better known by his stage name KSHMR (pronounced "Kashmir"; stylized as KSHMЯ), is an American musician, record producer and DJ from Berkeley, California. He was ranked at 23rd on DJ Mag's 2015 Top 100 DJs and was awarded "The Highest New Entry". His place elevated to 12th in the Top 100 DJs of 2016 and kept the same spot in 2017. In July 2017, he launched his own label, "Dharma Worldwide".
PREVIOUS APPEARANCES: 'Jammu' in BJSC 77, finished 10th (KSHMR for South Danaelanda) / 'Save Your Scrap For Victory' in BJSC 28, finished 35th (Headhunterz for Greenland) / 'Heaven' in BJSC 79, finished 1st (KSHMR for Aeroche), 'Shiva' in BJSC 103, finished 10th (KSHMR for Cadelicia)

+++

FARC :: Stockholm Noir - Parvaz Kon

ABOUT: Stockholm Noir are an Swedish electronic band from Stockholm.
PREVIOUS APPEARANCE: 'Hopeless Dreams' in BJSC 95, finished 2nd

+++

Next up... FSR Rontvia, Pupok and Séyetana.

+Quote Post
Jade
post Sep 9 2018, 03:12 PM
Post #16
I feel so seen in the night
Group: Buzzjack's Sweetheart
Member No.: 12,810

Those artist choices for Aelandor and Land of DW are perfect!! wub.gif 'Delta' is the first song I know so far, tune.

+Quote Post
danG
post Sep 9 2018, 03:15 PM
Post #17
   No Gallery Pics

FSR Rontvia :: RAM - RAMsterdam (Jorn van Deynhoven Remix)

ABOUT: Ram Boon, better known by his stage name RAM, (born 2 March 1974) is a Dutch trance producer and DJ.
PREVIOUS APPEARANCES: 'RAMelia (Tribute To Amelia)' in BJSC 64, finished 1st (RAM for FSR Rontvia) / 'Rising High' in BJSC 104, finished 6th (Jorn van Deynhoven for Cor Lupus)

+++

Pupok :: No Frills Twins - God Bless The Internet

ABOUT: No Frills Twins are Vanessa & Arna Rogers, an alternative pop group from Australia.
PREVIOUS APPEARANCE: No main contest appearances - 'Milkshake/212' in BJSC Reinvention, finished 33rd

+++

Séyetana :: BABYMETAL - Gimme Chocolate!!!

ABOUT: Babymetal (stylized as BABYMETAL) are a Japanese kawaii metal band. Their line-up consists of Suzuka Nakamoto as "Su-metal", Yui Mizuno as "Yuimetal", and Moa Kikuchi as "Moametal". The concept of the band is a fusion of the heavy metal and Japanese idol genres. The three young women and their band are managed by the Amuse talent agency. Their vocals are backed by heavy metal instrumentation played by the Kami Band. Babymetal released their self-titled debut album in February 2014. Their second album Metal Resistance was released worldwide on April 1, 2016.
PREVIOUS APPEARANCE: 'Megitsune' in BJSC 63, finished 21st in semi-final

+++

Next up... Niceland, Cor Lupus and Dobago.

+Quote Post
Cody Scobell
Post #18
   No Gallery Pics

ooh good choice for Kim Petras!

man it seems like forever since Dharma was released

+Quote Post
Liаm
Post #19
Brown cow, stunning!
Member No.: 10,139

Babymetal *.* banger

+Quote Post
coi
post Sep 9 2018, 03:16 PM
Post #20
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 73,240
   No Gallery Pics

omg someone actually entered Gimme Chocolate!!!

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 02:45 AM