BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
15 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Buzzjack's Top Animated Films Of All Time: The Results, Finished!!!! | Full List on Page 15.
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
UltraCruelSummer
post Feb 14 2017, 03:00 PM
Post #121
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947
Any more comments before next section later today! (Same with horror!)
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post Mar 25 2017, 12:39 AM
Post #122
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
guest hosts will be bumping this up v. soon!

+Quote this post
Josh!
post Mar 26 2017, 07:52 PM
Post #123
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692
65. Hercules

254pts | 1997 | USA
Top 20's: Iz (#7)

In 65th place we have a film that is largely regarded as one of Disney Classics. Whilst not on the same level of fame as the likes of The Lion King or Frozen, it is one of their more famous and beloved films showcased by the fact it has an 83% score on Rotten Tomatoes and it grossed over $250 million worldwide back on its cinema release.

I think I've only really seen it in parts and don't remember all that much about it but it follows the story of Hercules, based on the Greek deity, after he is stripped of his immortality as an infant and must become a true hero in order to reclaim it. With some great songs along the way (especially I Won't Say I'm Love which is probably my favourite Disney songs!) and some fun characters, it makes for a fun 90 minutes despite not being Disney's absolute best!

+Quote this post
Josh!
post Mar 26 2017, 08:00 PM
Post #124
Group icon
c:
64. Pinocchio

262pts | 1940 | USA
Top 20's: None

From one Disney classic to another, this time one of the older films to feature in the countdown, Pinocchio, from 1940 making it over 75 years old now!

It really has stood the test of time and is still one of Disney's most iconic movies. It's jam-packed full of beloved characters such as Pinocchio himself and Jiminy Cricket, as well as an instantly recognisable song in When You Wish Upon a Star and and now pop-culture references such as 'I'm a real boy! ' and Pinocchio's extending nose every time he tells a fib.

It is actually one of few movies to have a rare 100% rating on Rotten Tomatoes!

+Quote this post
Josh!
post Mar 26 2017, 08:07 PM
Post #125
Group icon
c:
63. Home

263pts | 2015 | USA
Top 20's: None

Now we go from one of the oldest movies on the list to one of the more recent ones, I'm sure this probably benefitted a fair bit from recency bias and likely wouldn't be ranked above classics such as Pinocchio in years to come.

It follows the story of an alien named Oh (voiced by Jim Parson) on the run from his fellow Boovs who meets and befriends a young girl (voiced by Rihanna) and tries to help on her mission of being re-united with her mother.

It was a fun film and fairly popular amongst people on Buzzjack upon its release, it had some great jokes and there's a recurring theme here as it had some pretty catchy tunes on the soundtrack too including Jennifer Lopez's "Feel the Light" and Rihanna's "Towards the Sun" but it didn't exactly please the critics as it stands at 47% on Rotten Tomatoes. It did a pretty good job at the worldwide box office though, being the 19th highest grossing movie of 2015 with $386 million made.

+Quote this post
Mack.
post Mar 26 2017, 09:27 PM
Post #126
Group icon
It's still will be the return of the Mack 4eva
User: 12,915
Weren't too sure about 'Home' don't really regard it as a animated classic compared to Pinocchio and Hercules.

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post Mar 27 2017, 12:33 AM
Post #127
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
Home is FABULOUS and so underrated sad.gif sad.gif genuinely think it's in my top 5 films from 2015? The voice cast kill it, the songs are fab, the animation is great and I loved the story and found it a whole load of FUN <3 so glad it did pretty well here! wub.gif

+Quote this post
Regina
post Mar 27 2017, 11:38 AM
Post #128
Group icon
Raining Shitter
User: 5,572
Feel The Light makes Home a classic tbh

+Quote this post
HarryBorelli
post Mar 27 2017, 11:53 AM
Post #129
Group icon
The Lady Said Go Home!
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 20,835
I think anyone who doesn't cry at the Pikachu scene is dead inside what a emotional scene cry.gif

Hercules is so good watched it recently actually I won't say I'm in love is probably my second favourite disney song after 'Can You Feel The Love Tonight'

Shrek The Third and Pinnocho also very good too!

+Quote this post
DalekTurret32
post Mar 27 2017, 10:30 PM
Post #130
Group icon
FIVE YEARS OF THE TURRET 15-20
User: 21,666
Hercules: "Bless my soul, Herc is on the roll!" Such a great film.

"I've got 24 hours to get rid of this bozo, or the entire scheme I've been setting up for 18 years will go up in smoke... AND YOU ARE WEARING HIS MERCHANDISE?!"
"Oh my gods!" from Pain and Panic was a pretty funny line too.

Pinnochio: Need to see this. Looks really good
Home: Not too huge on that film but I did like the use of Red Balloon and Drop That in the soundtrack, along with this concept of a girl attempting to track down her mother in an alien invasion.

+Quote this post
Josh!
post Mar 28 2017, 08:34 AM
Post #131
Group icon
c:
62. Cars

263pts | 2006 | USA | Pixar
Top 20's: BrightPlaces (#17)

One of the lower Pixar movies and this is to be expected as Cars has never been one of the most beloved from them. I think it's a bit unfairly disliked and has been tarnished by the sequel (even though I liked that a lot too laugh.gif) which means people have turned on this too.

It's actually a really heart-warming story about Lightning McQueen finding the true meaning of friendship and family despite being a hot-shot in the beginning. I think all the characters are great fun and all very likable and Radiator Springs itself just feels so cosy.

It was nominated for two Oscars, Best Original Song and Best Animated Film so it clearly was fairly popular at the time and it also made over $450 million worldwide, more than enough to warrant a sequel. Apparently, it is one of the biggest merchandise sellers for Disney and a Cars 3 is on the way this Summer so the money will keep rolling in! With a much darker tone in the trailers so far, we'll have to see how it fares with critics (hopefully better than Cars 2).

+Quote this post
Josh!
post Mar 28 2017, 08:43 AM
Post #132
Group icon
c:
61. Animal Farm

265pts | 1954 | UK | Halas and Batchelor
Top 20's: DalekTurret (#3), Iz (#16), Severin (#19)

This isn't a film I've seen but it's based on George Orwell's classic novel about an animal revolution on a farm. It is aimed more at adults as it is really a social commentary on the events leading up to the Russian Revolution of 1917 and then on into the Stalinist era of the Soviet Union. Many characters are intended to represent famous historical people such as Joseph Stalin and Karl Marx.

It has a 63% on Rotten Tomatoes and a 7.2 on IMDb currently.

+Quote this post
Josh!
post Mar 28 2017, 08:52 AM
Post #133
Group icon
c:
60. Over the Hedge

267pts | 2006 | USA | DreamWorks Animation
Top 20's: TaylorJago (#18)

This film follows the story of a raccoon who fools a collection of forest creatures into helping him return food to a bear, by invading new houses that popped up while they were hibernating and he ends up learning a lesson about family and friends whilst on his adventure.

It features some famous people in the voice cast, including Bruce Willis, Avril Lavigne, Steve Carrell, Nick Nolte and Omid Djalili.

It made over $330 million worldwide but unfortunately, a sequel has not been made. It didn't receive any Oscars nominations but it did receive an Annie award nomination for Best Animated Film.

+Quote this post
HarryBorelli
post Mar 28 2017, 08:59 AM
Post #134
Group icon
The Lady Said Go Home!
User: 20,835
The first Cars movie was great the second was good granted but was a step down. I love Mater wub.gif

Over The Hedge also very good wub.gif

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Mar 28 2017, 10:10 AM
Post #135
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
User: 5,042
'Cars' is so under appreciated. I remember being hesitant to watch it because people were telling me how much they disliked it, but I remember being pleasantly surprised by it. It's not "omg this is amazing" or "best film ever", but it's better than people like others to believe it to be. sad.gif

'Over The Hedge' is horrific though! But it is Dreamworks afterall, sooo...

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post Mar 28 2017, 03:39 PM
Post #136
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
Over the hedge is f***ing horrendous and should be nowhere near that high. I was so excited to see it and I saw it for my birthday and absolutely hated! And I've given it a few chances since then and it somehow got worse and worse on each watch. Painful.

Cars isn't anything great and is one of the weakest Pixar films so it should also be lower!

Animal Farm is a really good adaptation though!

+Quote this post
DalekTurret32
post Mar 29 2017, 12:56 PM
Post #137
Group icon
FIVE YEARS OF THE TURRET 15-20
User: 21,666
Animal Farm is excellent! I also saw the live action 1999 film version a couple of years ago but I didn't find it as good as the 1950's animated adaption.
I have only seen small bits of Cars, but not the actual film. Might want to see it someday
Over The Hedge. Haven't seen the film but I remember playing the PC game version a really long time ago but I stopped after like one or two levels (Maybe it was too hard for me at the time)

+Quote this post
Josh!
post Mar 29 2017, 02:45 PM
Post #138
Group icon
c:
59. Flushed Away

273pts | 2006 | UK/USA | Aardman Animations/DreamWorks Animation
Top 20's: Harry & TaylorJago (#15)

This film follows the story of a rat that gets flushed down the toilet and ends up finding himself in the sewers of London. It also features a famous voice cast including Hugh Jackman, Kate Winslet, Ian McKellen & Andy Serkis. I have seen it but don't really remember a lot as it is kind of forgettable laugh.gif

It was nominated for a BAFTA award for Best Animated Film and it has a score of 6.6 on IMDb as well as a score of 72% on Rotten Tomatoes which is pretty solid to be fair ohmy.gif

+Quote this post
Josh!
post Mar 29 2017, 02:54 PM
Post #139
Group icon
c:
58. Alice in Wonderland

280pts | 1951 | USA | Disney
Top 20's: SevenSeize (#4), Jonjo (#13), Froot (#17)

Alice in Wonderland tells the story of a young girl who stumbles upon the world of Wonderland and her journey on the way back home, meeting a treacherous villain, The Queen of Hearts, on her way. It is an adaptation of the Lewis Carroll classic stories.

It has turned into a bit of a cult classic in terms of animation and as the land of Wonderland seems to resonate with a lot of people. It features many iconic characters from there such as The Mad Hatter, The Cheshire Cat, Queen of Hearts, White Rabbit, and Tweedledum and Tweedledee.

It was nominated for an Oscar for Best Music and it also has a 7.4 on IMDb as well as 79% on Rotten Tomatoes.

+Quote this post
Klaus
post Mar 29 2017, 02:58 PM
Post #140
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
User: 17,160
Shrek the Third is one of the dullest and most disappointing films I have ever seen. It was particularly disappointing when I consider Shrek 2 to be on par with the original! There was a clear lack of plot/story to be told and was clearly made solely for the money. I think that's even clearer when the fourth one used the alternative timeline storyline!

Alice in Wonderland is faaaar to low and I dread to think what average films will be above it.

+Quote this post

15 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 09:25 PM