BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
30 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> BJSC Spin-Off General Discussion, Post your spin-off suggestions in here!
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Silas
post Jul 11 2014, 03:10 PM
Post #21
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474
There isn't a schedule but we do have a list of everyone who made suggestion for themes. Might try and form a schedule some point soon.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Ethan
post Jan 13 2015, 10:28 PM
Post #22
Group icon
3:23
User: 5,269
Surely we're somewhat overdue another spin-off contest?! ohmy.gif tongue.gif laugh.gif

+Quote this post
seven.
post Jan 21 2015, 06:52 PM
Post #23
Group icon
i can only do one normal thing a day
User: 14,428
QUOTE(Eth▲n @ Jan 13 2015, 10:28 PM) *
Surely we're somewhat overdue another spin-off contest?! ohmy.gif tongue.gif laugh.gif

Much agreed, there hasn't been one since April i believe? i'm sure there's been a few really nice ideas for these floating around before, so it'd be great to get another spin-off going soon biggrin.gif regardless of when/whether those reloaded results ever get posted~

+Quote this post
Cal
post Jan 21 2015, 07:17 PM
Post #24
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 5,964
We had one planned for late last year and John was going to host it but then he won the main contest so it was postponed. We'll definitely have one soon though!

+Quote this post
Ryan.
post Jul 28 2015, 01:31 AM
Post #25
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 12,608
Hey guys!

Just so you are aware, the spin-off resource centre thread (also pinned at the top of this subforum) is just about fully up-to-date. All I need to do is re-format the Re:LOADED results which I will do tomorrow. Therefore this means that the spin-off statistics are now up-to-date, and you can find them within the resource centre thread. The TBO/Rejects/BJFestivalen results (and Will You Remember Me Tomorrow?) are in the process of being moved to the main forum due to them now being part of the main contest schedule (and WYRMT? was like an ultimate TBO so goes with them), so the results of them don't factor into the statistics but this is all explained in the resource centre anyhow! happy.gif

My main reason for posting though is I'd like to gauge interest in the many suggested spin-offs we've had over the last year or two. The suggested spin-offs are as follows (and who it was suggested by as they get first priority to host of course):

90s - Bré
Versus tracks / Mash-ups - Yu
Asian songs - Cal
Vetoed songs - Chris
UK #41's / Just missed top 40 (#41-50) - Dan
Less than one minute - Chris
Instrumentals - Bré
UK artists - Lee
Intros / Outros - Bal
Worst songs - Rich
Demos / Unreleased songs - Tim
Hallowe'en / Christmas - Popchartfreak
No veto points - Chris
Remixes - Leww
Songs from assigned countries - Adam
Schlager - Vülker
Anniversary entries - Jester
Someone else's entry - Leww
Battle of the genres - Frank
Missed opportunities (best tracks that weren't singles) - Ryan

Over the next couple of days I'm going to work out the pros and cons of each and draw up some sort of priority list, but part of these pros and cons will be participation numbers. So I'm just interested to know which of these spin-offs you guys are most interested in. This doesn't mean whichever gets most hype in here will be the next spin-off, but the hype will be taken into account when I work out the pros and cons of each! Of course, the eventual hope is that the majority of these will get done. If you don't understand what any of the spin-off titles mean, just post in here and I can requote the original suggestion in full from the original thread.

Also, just so you aware we will be having Re:LOADED IV and V next month and I have chosen the hosts from the volunteers in the thread a couple of weeks ago, I will contact you shortly to confirm you are able to host.

So fire away with your hype campaigns for your favourite spin-off suggestion and let's get some discussion going (well once everyone wakes up tomorrow!)! happy.gif

+Quote this post
Brer
post Jul 28 2015, 01:47 AM
Post #26
Group icon
I'll just stick around and do some more damage
User: 8,300
I withdraw my suggestion of '90s' (forgot I even made that) as too vague and kind of already been done albeit in a dance-specific manner ~ That reduces the competition for spinoffs.

I'd still really like to try an instrumental spinoff but I understand if that is a low priority one given about 5 people would enter lmao.

+Quote this post
seven.
post Jul 28 2015, 01:48 AM
Post #27
Group icon
i can only do one normal thing a day
User: 14,428
Instrumentals - Bré
Hallowe'en / Christmas - Popchartfreak

^ I like these ones the most personally, Adam's idea could certainly be interesting to see play out ohmy.gif

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post Jul 28 2015, 01:52 AM
Post #28
Group icon
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
User: 12,929
Instrumental spinoff would be a huge priority for me, I need some good new ones in my life.

I like the different nationality one too, if it's handled right it could be very amazing (and fun to find a song for).

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post Jul 28 2015, 01:53 AM
Post #29
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
Pronouns: he/him
User: 13,530
Intros / Outros - Bal

^ these are my faves, in no order! All would be quite interesting to play out.

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post Jul 28 2015, 02:03 AM
Post #30
Group icon
new hair, new tee, new Levii’s Jeans
User: 21,308
How does one define Schlager?

90's Hip Hop anthems is definitely due a spin-off for sure tbh

+Quote this post
danG
post Jul 28 2015, 02:46 AM
Post #31
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥
User: 11,746
great idea cody though hip hop isnt too loved as a genre on Buzzjack

i would broaden it by including rnb etc bascially anything that would fit in the urban forum ~ 90s and 00s contests for them like what we did for dance would be cool

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post Jul 28 2015, 02:49 AM
Post #32
Group icon
new hair, new tee, new Levii’s Jeans
User: 21,308
They're basically in the same mainframe especially in that decade so why not?

Mariah Carey/Beastie Boys/Boyz II Men/2Pac/TLC coming to slay your faves
QUOTE(Ryan. @ Jul 27 2015, 06:31 PM) *
Tempting me to send "Talking About" I see

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post Jul 28 2015, 10:21 AM
Post #33
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947
These Are My Faves smile.gif

Vetoed songs - Chris
Less than one minute - Chris
Intros / Outros - Bal
Worst songs - Rich

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post Jul 28 2015, 11:25 AM
Post #34
Group icon
Hello?
User: 116
Worst songs *.* Forgot I'd mentioned that - 12 points for the worst song, 10 for the second worst etc...

The person that comes last would have failed in their quest to find something awful. It's questionable whether people would want to spend time listening to 30+ horrible songs of course, but I think it it might be a fun diversion.

The other thing I think I suggested on Plug once was a spin off which acts in the same manner as a regular BJSC, where we can send anything we want as normal, but with a minus voting system in place too, whereby we can only distribute positive points to six songs and then distribute negative points to another six. Something like:

Favourite songs - +18, +12, +10, +7, +4, +1
Least favourite songs - -18, -12, -10, -7, -4, -1

Would be interesting to see how that panned out. The more offensive songs would obviously come at the bottom, but would people also try to downvote the hyped favourites that they dislike to stop them winning too? And what about the inoffensive songs that usually sit in the middle? Imagine how fun/potentially awkward the results reveal would be as somebody looks to cruise to victory before being pegged down by a run of -18 scores biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
Ryan.
post Jul 28 2015, 02:04 PM
Post #35
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
This is all very helpful, and we can definitely take these extra suggestions into account!

One more question to throw at you all, would you like a spin-off and a Re:LOADED every month (more than likely starting in September) or would that cause burnout meaning you'd prefer a themed spin-off in September and then a Re:LOADED in October and they keep alternating each month?

Or maybe, we could start off with doing both each month and then when we start feeling signs of burnout, we can slow it down to alternate months?

+Quote this post
*Tim
post Jul 28 2015, 02:08 PM
Post #36
Group icon
Bitch of t seet
User: 16,660
I'd suggest alternate between them, as doing both BJSC and spinoff in the same month can be a bit much, let alone do a spin off every month.

EDIT: Speaking from ym point of view, both in one month would cause me to have to choose between RELOADED and the regular spin off.

This post has been edited by *Tim: Jul 28 2015, 02:15 PM

+Quote this post
danG
post Jul 28 2015, 02:09 PM
Post #37
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥
User: 11,746
ii would suggest one spinnoff and one reloaded in one month especially as reloaded is only half as popular as the spin offs so keep interest going

+Quote this post
Ryan.
post Jul 28 2015, 02:36 PM
Post #38
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
If both in one month did happen, I wouldn't have them running side by side - so the themed spin-off would possibly happen for the first two weeks of the month and Re:LOADED for the last two weeks of the month. Just in case that influences your preferences at all!

+Quote this post
AdamAloud
post Jul 28 2015, 02:52 PM
Post #39
Group icon
I was born 7 million years ago in Sweden, Africa
User: 11,955
QUOTE(Ryan. @ Jul 28 2015, 03:36 PM) *
If both in one month did happen, I wouldn't have them running side by side - so the themed spin-off would possibly happen for the first two weeks of the month and Re:LOADED for the last two weeks of the month. Just in case that influences your preferences at all!

I like this idea. Perhaps try to have it so the themed spin-off falls on the main contest's break/confirmations and reloaded during semis/final week?

And like you say, if it proves too much for everyone you can switch to alternate months.

+Quote this post
*Tim
post Jul 28 2015, 02:53 PM
Post #40
Group icon
Bitch of t seet
User: 16,660
Well in that case I am all for doing both in one month!

+Quote this post

30 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 02:17 AM