BuzzJack

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Artist News
6 Pages V  « < 4 5 6  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Solo Spice Careers - General Discussion, Back then... and now! Music and everything else they do...
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
Sideout
post 5th May 2024, 03:38 PM
Post #101
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 113,700

It will be interesting to see if Melanie C does anything for Beautiful Intentions 20th anniversary. Surly releasing it on vinyl for the first time is a no brainer like Jay said. We'll see if she releases any outtakes from her albums during anniversary releases.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 5th May 2024, 05:34 PM
Post #102
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Pronouns: he/him
User: 3,217

I hope so! Although if she intends to start a new album era within the next year, I guess she'd prioritise wanting maximum sales for that, over Beautiful Intentions (it being almost 20 years since that album, goshhh!)

+Quote this post
CallMeKylie
post 6th May 2024, 07:37 AM
Post #103
Group icon
New Entry
User: 175,579

QUOTE(-Jay- @ 5th May 2024, 12:53 PM) *
From my understanding, Virgin and EMI releases are all handled by Universal Music Group…

That is a common misconception. Only the Virgin Records catalogue was sold to Universal. The old EMI Records label was sold to Warner Music Group about a decade ago, so Geri's entire catalogue is controlled by Warner UK.

If you look at the copyright data of all her albums on iTunes, Apple Music, Spotify, etc. you'll see it says "Parlophone Records Ltd".

This post has been edited by CallMeKylie: 6th May 2024, 08:09 AM

+Quote this post
Blond 2.0
post 6th May 2024, 08:56 PM
Post #104
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 39,576

Emma made Crickets a much better song so catchy and amazing the original was just boring

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 7th May 2024, 02:01 AM
Post #105
Group icon

QUOTE(CallMeKylie @ 6th May 2024, 08:37 AM) *
That is a common misconception. Only the Virgin Records catalogue was sold to Universal. The old EMI Records label was sold to Warner Music Group about a decade ago, so Geri's entire catalogue is controlled by Warner UK.

If you look at the copyright data of all her albums on iTunes, Apple Music, Spotify, etc. you'll see it says "Parlophone Records Ltd".

Thank you for informing me, I had never noticed her music saying Parlophone/Warner! Even Passion/Ride It/Desire despite that involving Virgin. Who knows whether Warner would ever be motivated to try and release them on vinyl. I won’t hold my breath sad.gif

+Quote this post
isanka
post 7th May 2024, 06:56 AM
Post #106
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 88,486

QUOTE(Sideout @ 5th May 2024, 04:38 PM) *
It will be interesting to see if Melanie C does anything for Beautiful Intentions 20th anniversary. Surly releasing it on vinyl for the first time is a no brainer like Jay said. We'll see if she releases any outtakes from her albums during anniversary releases.

Melanie are so lazy with her catalogue. Check on Spotify to see that so many stuff from her own label is missing. Quality of pictures are bads. She doesn't car much at all. Were are all the b-sides from RGR? Where are "Let There Be Loved" ? She need to clean it are rebuild everything.

+Quote this post
Mr.X
post 7th May 2024, 12:35 PM
Post #107
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,587

QUOTE(Blond 2.0 @ 6th May 2024, 09:56 PM) *
Emma made Crickets a much better song so catchy and amazing the original was just boring

The original is a gorgeous, stunning song but yes Emma made it more POP and it is quite an original cover actually! Top notch!

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post Sunday, 02:40 PM
Post #108
Group icon

Further to the discussion about Emma and the state of her streaming (the lack of availability worldwide / missing singles etc)... it has to be said, all of the girls' streaming presence kind of sucks to varying degrees, doesn't it?

Most of what I've written below is referencing what isn't available. I might have missed some stuff:

Victoria

Out of Your Mind - Remixes
A Mind of Its Own - B Side 'Always Be My Baby'
This Groove/Let Your Head Go - Never likely to be digitised due to a lack of interest from Victoria, which also applies to the tracks from the DVD of The Real Beckhams & any other recordings from this era

P.S. The normal version of Out of Your Mind must have a very poor playlist reach - it's still only on 1.7 million streams worldwide!

Mel B

I Want You Back - Remixes (oddly it's the only Virgin era single that isn't released digitally)
Word Up - Some alternative versions i.e. Single Version, Pop Edit, Full Length
Tell Me - Radio Edit (it's the album version on the digital single) and some of the remixes
Feels So Good - Remixes
For Once in My Life - Remixes (considering there's so many of them - by some pretty big names - it's strange that they were never released commercially!)

Geri

Look at Me - Single Version
Scream If You Wanna Go Faster [song] - Album version with extended intro (the single version is on the album in its place)
Mi Chico Latino, It's Raining Men, Calling & Ride It - Remixes
Desire - B Side 'True Love Never Dies'
Half of Me - Restricted to certain countries

P.S. The artwork of Look at Me is an awful recreation of the original :\

Melanie C

Reason - Independence Day
Beautiful Intentions - RFM live acoustic tracks
The Night EP - all 3 songs
Stages - Anything Goes
Live at Shepherd's Bush - entire album
Melanie C (self-titled album) - Self Love

Goin' Down - B Sides 'Angel on My Shoulder' and 'I Want You Back'
Northern Star [song] - Acoustic Version and B Side 'Something's Gonna Happen'
Never Be the Same Again - Lisa Lopes Remix, B Side 'I Wonder What It Would Be Like', Live Versions of 'Closer' and 'Goin' Down'
I Turn to You - Damian LeGassick Radio Mix and 'Be the One' Live.
Here It Comes Again - Marius De Vries Radio Edit and B Side 'Living Without You'
On the Horizon - Radio Mix, B Sides 'I Love You Without Trying' and 'Wonderland' + Acoustic Versions of 'Goin' Down' and 'Never Be the Same Again'
Melt/Yeh Yeh Yeh - B Side 'Knocked Out' and 'I Wish' Live.
Next Best Superstar - Remixes/Acoustic Version
Better Alone - B Side 'Runaway', Remixes and 'You'll Get Yours' Acoustic Version
First Day of My Life - Acoustic Version
The Moment You Believe - Remixes
I Want Candy - Club Junkies Mix and B Side 'Already Gone'
Carolyna - Some of the remixes
This Time [song] - B Side 'We Love to Entertain You' and the Alternate Mix of 'Understand' (it just plays the album version)
Rock Me - Steve More Remixes
Think About It - Remixes & Acoustic Version - Live at Hitradio Ö3
Weak - A Capella & Instrumental
Let There Be Love - Restricted to certain countries
I Know Him So Well - Radio Edit used to be available but became unavailable
He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother - Became unavailable
Loving You - Some of the remixes
Dear Life - 'Something for the Fire' Live
Hold On - Radio Edit used to be available but became unavailable
Room for Love - Live at Shepherd's Bush Empire 2017 version

+ other random songs, such as tracks that were exclusive to DVDs (Blue Skies All the Way, Paris Is Burning, Too Soon)

P.S. A bit shocking how much of her Red Girl material in particular is missing considering it's in Melanie C's hands to make this stuff available! Also it's criminal that some of the earlier Red Girl singles had their HQ artworks replaced with awful scans of physical sleeves/booklets sick2.gif Including the This Time single being given the album artwork... so sloppy.

and finally...

Emma Bunton

Free Me & Life in Mono - albums not streamable in many countries

What I Am - Some of the remixes
What Took You So Long? - B Sides '(Hey You) Free Up Your Mind' & 'Merry-Go Round'
Take My Breath Away - Single Mix, Tin Tin Out Mix and B Sides 'Close Encounter' & 'Invincible'
Free Me - Remixes
Maybe - Remixes and B Side 'Don't Tell Me You Love Me Anymore'
I'll Be There - Remixes and B Sides 'So Long' and 'Takin It Easy'
Crickets Sing for Anamaria - Some of the remixes
Downtown - Two of the Element remixes
All I Need to Know - Radio Edit, other remixes and B Side 'Midnights & Martinis'

Sure, the majority of this stuff listed (particularly remixes/live versions) isn't hugely pressing. I just think it's a shame that when their music was digitised, it was mostly approached in a half-assed fashion. So many songs that will only live on a fan's hard drive/iTunes or unofficial YouTube uploads.

A particular bugbear for me personally is the Single Mix of Take My Breath Away never being available to stream. I prefer it to the album version!

+Quote this post
Mr.X
post Sunday, 09:06 PM
Post #109
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,587

Damn, when you lay it down like this, they are very careless with their own music, for sure. I think the group itself has most of its releases online right?

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post Monday, 11:26 PM
Post #110
Group icon

QUOTE(Mr.X @ 16th June 2024, 10:06 PM) *
Damn, when you lay it down like this, they are very careless with their own music, for sure. I think the group itself has most of its releases online right?

I think so, maybe there's a handful of "promo only" remixes missing, but nothing major!

+Quote this post

6 Pages V  « < 4 5 6
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 19th June 2024, 08:53 AM