BuzzJack

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Artist News
5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> RIHANNA IS DOING THE SUPERBOWL HALFTIME SHOW IN 2023, The comeback performance of all comebacks is coming our way
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
No Sleeep
post 13th February 2023, 04:48 AM
Post #61
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 22,008

I thought it was really underwhelming honestly, I just rewatched Madonna’s performance and yeah, that’s definitely my opinion. I’m not even blaming Rihanna but staging wise, fashion, colour, lack of guests, it was just lacking. As well as the rapid fire setlist (she really should’ve cut it down and done longer songs), it just didn’t have that spectacle-y feel the halftime show usually does even when I’m not a fan of the artist. Perhaps her first (and last again for a long time?) performance in years shouldn’t have been at such a high stakes event. Idk. Happy for the people who enjoyed it but not my cup of tea.

If the pregnancy was supposed to be the big reveal I think it could’ve been done a lot more strategically too, me and my friend spent the show debating “is she pregnant or..?”. I don’t know why she would agree to do this show considering performers aren’t paid, unless she had bigger plans that have been scrapped which I feel may be the case.

This post has been edited by No Sleeep: 13th February 2023, 04:50 AM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Frenchie
post 13th February 2023, 05:13 AM
Post #62
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
Pronouns: he/him
User: 72,030

I really enjoyed the show. I don’t really know what people were expecting for a Rihanna half time show but I feel like she’s more about the hits hence why she did lots of songs. Also she was confirmed as the half time performer back in September when she likely didn’t know about the pregnancy so the plans very likely changed.

+Quote this post
One_For_Sorrow
post 13th February 2023, 05:46 AM
Post #63
Group icon
---
User: 17,418

I'm in the camp of being underwhelmed. Whilst I understand plans may have changed that's fine, I was just hoping for a little bit more.

+Quote this post
Sour Candy
post 13th February 2023, 06:42 AM
Post #64
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 10,275

I really loved to see her on stage, she has such a nice aura around her! That said, I don't think this halftime show will go down in history as such.

In general, I am not fan of the concept where you are given 14 minutes and the producers want you to sing all your hits.

Here's the performance, NFL doesn't allow me to embed it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjBo--1n8lI

This post has been edited by Sour Candy: 13th February 2023, 06:44 AM

+Quote this post
Cameron
post 13th February 2023, 08:01 AM
Post #65
Group icon
THE BLAZE *.*
User: 18,061

Go on girl give us nothing. Can’t believe she only performed Umbrella and Rude Boy from like her first 4 eras? Wild.

+Quote this post
Rap Codester
post 13th February 2023, 08:27 AM
Post #66
Group icon
Gia, do you know the order of the solos?
User: 21,308

the biggest “bruh” moment for me was when “All Of The Lights” started playing after I speculated that she wouldn’t even touch the track for “””reasons””” and the camera cut to her shamelessly plugging Fenty Beauty for two seconds before singing again laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Nick F1
post 13th February 2023, 08:48 AM
Post #67
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 5,392

She slayed, loved every bit of it!

+Quote this post
JackTheeStallion
post 13th February 2023, 09:00 AM
Post #68
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 223

It was ....fine. I am disappointed honestly, the fact she's pregnant obviously meant she couldn't dance or move as much as I would've liked, the staging was fairly simple for such a comeback performance and a lack of guests made it lack the wow/exciting factor.

On the plus side, I think her vocals were really impressive on some of the songs throughout, she looked amazing and it was nice to see some of these songs in a live capacity (Umbrella especially!)

+Quote this post
*Tim
post 13th February 2023, 10:16 AM
Post #69
Group icon
Bitch of t seet
User: 16,660

She missed so many great hits only to include Wild Thoughts and All Of The Lights :skull:

Where were Pon De Replay, Whats My Name, S&M, Don't Stop The Music????

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post 13th February 2023, 10:46 AM
Post #70
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51

Well, that's 15 minutes of my life I'm never getting back.

It's symbolic of how lazy she's become and puts in the bare minimum effort with everything she does nowadays.

+Quote this post
Lukuzz
post 13th February 2023, 11:27 AM
Post #71
Group icon
Paradise With Ice Cream Skies♥
User: 1,209

I mean it was ok, but compared to so many epic performances for super bowl in the past it definitely lacked a bit. Obviously being pregnant didn’t help but she definitely could have had some guests and did more hits. Guess that’ll be the last we see of her for a while performing too

+Quote this post
Voodoo
post 13th February 2023, 12:34 PM
Post #72
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 5,829

QUOTE(JackTheeStallion @ Feb 13 2023, 11:00 AM) *
I think her pre-recorded vocals were nothing impressive.

Agreed. kink.gif

It was a boring, one-dimensional performance. But I'm not surprised in the slightest.

Poor Lift Me Up. cry.gif

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 13th February 2023, 01:41 PM
Post #73
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
User: 3,217

From my perspective Rihanna has never been a hugely energetic performer, so even if she wasn't pregnant I could imagine her having served this performance at the same sort of level in a non-pregnant scenario. So I think that's why I'm not disappointed by the performance, because it's largely what I'd expect from a Rihanna show - quite laidback, too cool for school sort of vibe.

I kind of liked the relative simplicity of the staging compared to previous years, where everything including the kitchen sink is thrown at it - which can be great! - but that doesn't seem to be Rihanna's style either, so I think the staging worked for her as an artist. I still found it engaging. The rising platforms were quite impressive looking for instance.

I think the camera work was excellent throughout, as were the dancers!

I've read lots of people say they felt it looked like Rihanna didn't want to be there or that she didn't enjoy it.... personally I think she seemed into it in her own way, she doesn't have to be effusive! She looked happy to me.

Her back catalogue is so impressive, I was satisfied with the choices even if some wouldn't have been up there for me (I'm not particularly into Run This Town or Pour It Up). Bitch Better Have My Money as opening song is something I didn't expect! I do think Umbrella and We Found Love deserved longer segments in the megamix though, they felt over with too soon.

I'm quite ambivalent about it overall! I was certainly not blown away, but I'm not thinking it was the worst Half Time show ever either. I think "it was fine" summarises it nicely and I don't mean that negatively, but in a neutral way.

Congrats to Rihanna on baby #2 on the way!

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 13th February 2023, 02:44 PM
Post #74
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

QUOTE(-Jay- @ Feb 13 2023, 01:41 PM) *
From my perspective Rihanna has never been a hugely energetic performer, so even if she wasn't pregnant I could imagine her having served this performance at the same sort of level in a non-pregnant scenario. So I think that's why I'm not disappointed by the performance, because it's largely what I'd expect from a Rihanna show - quite laidback, too cool for school sort of vibe.

I kind of liked the relative simplicity of the staging compared to previous years, where everything including the kitchen sink is thrown at it - which can be great! - but that doesn't seem to be Rihanna's style either, so I think the staging worked for her as an artist. I still found it engaging. The rising platforms were quite impressive looking for instance.

I've read lots of people say they felt it looked like Rihanna didn't want to be there or that she didn't enjoy it.... personally I think she seemed into it in her own way, she doesn't have to be effusive! She looked happy to me.

Her back catalogue is so impressive, I was satisfied with the choices even if some wouldn't have been up there for me (I'm not particularly into Run This Town or Pour It Up). Bitch Better Have My Money as opening song is something I didn't expect! I do think Umbrella and We Found Love deserved longer segments in the megamix though, they felt over with too soon.

I'm quite ambivalent about it overall! I was certainly not blown away, but I'm not thinking it was the worst Half Time show ever either. I think "it was fine" summarises it nicely and I don't mean that negatively, but in a neutral way.

I largely agree with this.

Having now actually seen it for myself, I really enjoyed seeing her on stage again (her presence is INSANE!) and she actually did more than I expected after seeing a lot of comments saying she didn't do anything/much. The camera work is probably the best camera work I've seen for a SuperBowl Halftime performance! Some absolutely gorgeous shots. I absolutely loved a lot of the transitions in the songs too, specifically that transition from 'We Found Love' into 'Rude Boy' *.*

It was pretty much exactly how I would expect a pregnant Rihanna SuperBowl Halftime show to be tbh. My main criticism is the same as everyone else, only 2 songs that were pre-2011? They could EASILY have removed 'Pour It Up' and slotted in a 'Disturbia'/'Don't Stop the Music' medley of some sort and although I get why she performed it, I would have removed 'Run This Town' and thrown in 'Pon de Replay'!

But yeah, I'll be going back to this! Thoroughly enjoyed it and I absolutely LOVED she performed 'Bitch Better Have My Money'!

+Quote this post
Sour Candy
post 13th February 2023, 06:28 PM
Post #75
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 10,275

QUOTE(-Jay- @ Feb 13 2023, 03:41 PM) *

AMEN! clap.gif

+Quote this post
Rap Codester
post 13th February 2023, 07:38 PM
Post #76
Group icon
Gia, do you know the order of the solos?
User: 21,308

My aunt saw Rihanna live during the Unapologetic tour and from the videos I saw it had the same vibe as her Super Bowl performance. It's not the absolute spectacle of some of the best, but I was vibing with her, and I don't think it should be treated as a crime to do so 🤷‍♂️

+Quote this post
k👠th
post 13th February 2023, 08:12 PM
Post #77
Group icon
baddest of them all
User: 6,764

QUOTE(Rooney @ Feb 13 2023, 03:43 AM) *
That new album is never coming!!!!

It makes me think of Rihanna's hectic years from 2008 to 2012, when she released an album each year, but now she releases baby. 😭

+Quote this post
One_For_Sorrow
post 13th February 2023, 08:17 PM
Post #78
Group icon
---
User: 17,418

QUOTE(k👠th @ Feb 13 2023, 08:12 PM) *
It makes me think of Rihanna's hectic years from 2008 to 2012, when she released an album each year, but now she releases baby. 😭

2005-2012 was an album a year if you include the Good Girl Gone Bad rerelease.

+Quote this post
Voodoo
post 13th February 2023, 08:34 PM
Post #79
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 5,829

I totally expected her label to capitalise on the "hype" and release a Highlights singles collection. It's a no-brainer to do so. It could spend years in the upper part of the albums chart. drama.gif

+Quote this post
k👠th
post 13th February 2023, 08:53 PM
Post #80
Group icon
baddest of them all
User: 6,764

The ‘Navy’ is angry at ASAP Rocky as Rihanna announces second pregnancy.

Rihanna opened her Super Bowl Half-time show rubbing her cute baby bump.

Social media has since gone ablaze with fans saying that they will never get another album from the award winning artist.

+Quote this post

5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 12th June 2024, 02:03 PM