BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> TBA (with Silk City) • Collaboration, Diplo and Mark Ronson's side project • TBA
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Juan Carlos
post 11th September 2019, 08:45 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 21,211

It seems that there's going to be a new collaboration between Diplo, Mark Ronson and Dua Lipa.

Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Juan Carlos
post 19th March 2020, 04:37 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 21,211

Teased by Diplo on his Billboard interview.

You and Mark Ronson teamed up [as Silk City] with Dua Lipa for "Electricity," the Grammy-winning project. Did you happen to work at all on her new album Future Nostalgia? Or have you gotten with her for any of your upcoming things?

We actually did some writing demos for that album. But we have something new that might be another Silk City record. We're playing with that. It's really about her project, so I think that's going to come out first, and then see what hits. But I love collaborating with her. The first record I did with her was with Major Lazer. It was called "My Love," with WizKid, which was way ahead of his time. It was a like a Dua Lipa Afrobeat pop record that honestly was like before she even had her big hit ["New Rules"]. It was right around [Drake's] "One Dance," so it made sense for England and London, but it was actually a huge record for us for a little while. We played it at Glastonbury with her, but... it was, like, way too early for that record. It's still a really awesome sounding record and sounds new to me.

+Quote this post
TheSnake
post 19th March 2020, 04:44 PM
Post #3
Group icon
Say that hiss with your chest, and...
User: 23,308

I really liked 'Electricity' so I am looking forward to this.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 05:03 PM