BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Niall set ups golf agency., #OhNoNiall
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Maz!
post Feb 3 2016, 09:05 AM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
Pronouns: he/him
User: 20,217
NIALL HORAN is known in the golf world mainly for slipping over on live telly while carrying RORY McILROY’s clubs.

But not for long, as I can reveal the ONE DIRECTION singer has put his solo music plans on hold to launch a player management firm. He aims to become the game’s answer to movie sports agent Jerry Maguire, played by Tom Cruise in the 1996 film of the same name.

The golf-mad star has already set up the agency, in his first career move following 1D’s hiatus. It will seek out British and Irish talent with the help of 1D’s management Modest — also making their first foray into sport.

The collaboration, named Modest Golf Management, also brings on board Mark McDonnell, a former account manager at leading equipment brand TaylorMade. A source said: “It’s well known Niall loves golf and has been learning from the best out on tour with Rory. Now he wants to discover exciting new players and give them his backing.

“Mark is an absolute legend in the industry and will help him with endorsement. It’s early days but he’s committed.”

I revealed last week how HARRY STYLES had washed his hands of anything to do with 1D when he quit Modest to be managed by close friend and top US agent Jeffrey Azoff.

But Niall’s latest venture shows how loyal he is to the people who made him famous.

The singer, who is also a fan of football, tennis and martial arts, will now be hoping to boost his £25million 1D fortune by turning his love of golf into a business.

He has already put in the graft to learn about life on tour. He was caddying for Northern Irish world No2 Rory in the Par 3 tournament before last April’s US Masters when he had his comedy slip — and has since supported his pal at competitions around the world.

He even enjoys the odd round with Rory and claimed at the BBC Sports Personality of the Year Awards in December that he was “two up” on the champ — adding: “It’s been a good year in sport for me.”

Now 2016 looks set to get even better.

Smart bussiness move for Niall i say.

This post has been edited by Maurice: Feb 3 2016, 09:07 AM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 09:23 PM