BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Belgium v England, 28th June, 7pm, Kaliningrad Stadium, ITV
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Steve201
post 1st July 2018, 02:23 AM
Post #81
Group icon
Shakin Stevens
User: 5,138

QUOTE(Crazy Chris @ Jun 30 2018, 09:50 AM) *
I think now, looking at both sides of the draw, that it'll be a Brazil - England final. They can't meet before then. England will easily turn over Colombia and then their next opponents as Sweden and Swizerland are weak.

Not sure they'll 'easily' beat Columbia but hey we shall see!
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Brer
post 11th July 2018, 11:18 PM
Post #82
Group icon
is my brain across your walls?
User: 8,300

Can we just reuse this thread for the third place playoff? laugh.gif

England and Belgium getting to play each other twice, and in arguably the two most pointless matches of the entire tournament. The result of this group stage match seems like it really was totally irrelevant as both teams progressed to the exact same stage anyway. Of course we'll never know how it'd have panned out if we ended up on the other side of the draw - probably worse for us - but still!

I hope we do actually play to win this match though, so it'd still be our best performance outside of home soil in WC history, and so that we can end on something of a high.

+Quote this post
Dobbo
post 11th July 2018, 11:26 PM
Post #83
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 20,053

Yeah it's rare enough for 2 teams to meet each other twice at all but especially considering both were dead rubbers! Do hope we win this one though, it's like being kicked when you're down to lose this match after the Semi.

+Quote this post
Houdini
post 11th July 2018, 11:39 PM
Post #84
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 21,725

I think if England had won their group they wouldn't have got past Brazil in the Quarter Finals. It would be nice for England to have something tangible to take back home on the plane with them but I have a strong feeling that this will just be a replica of Italia 90 and they will finish 4th.

+Quote this post

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 26th April 2024, 08:24 PM