BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
> -
4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Official Chart Rules FAQs, ACR and more
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
danG
post Feb 11 2021, 11:31 AM
Post #41
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 11,746
   No Gallery Pics

haha and that’s exactly why this thread is pinned tongue.gif I’m really not sure if that standard edition rule ever was followed tbh.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bjork
post Feb 11 2021, 12:00 PM
Post #42
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Members
Member No.: 22,665
   No Gallery Pics

not sure if the rule was different before, but right now, tracks from deluxe albums count as well as regular tracks, it's clearly stated on the rules:

Qualifying Tracks
In all cases, qualifying tracks will be those from any registered album format track listing. In the event where a release has both standard and deluxe versions, the track listings will be aggregated and de-duplicated to create the qualifying track listing. Where a track(s) from an album have registered zero streams, those tracks will not be utilised in calculating the average stream count for the neutralised tracks.

+Quote Post
Angelo1985
post Mar 18 2021, 01:10 PM
Post #43
New Entry
Member No.: 17,127
   No Gallery Pics

HELLO!
I wrote these words, hopin' 4 an explanation about UK charts.
Is there any chance 4 the lovely band KEANE to come back in Album/Singles Top100?
Why every single from Strangeland era and beyond not charted in Top100? And what about EP'S?
I saw on UKItunes that Live in Asuncion and other singles from C&E charted in Top30 and Top40, but hey, not even in #100 place in UK chart! How is possible?
What numbers they need to entry in #100 place?
What numbers do "Rumors" album, "GH" by Queen, "UC" by Whitney Houston or other milestones to stay always in chart after 40 years that a live EP or a new single don't!
You answer me "they are classics", ok! But what about SOWK or EC, aren't classics? They never charted again!
I truly hope for an entry, really, just in #100 place 4 this next Largo live EP, but truly I don't know how is possible being outside in 100 spots 4 them, 100 spots; not 10 or 20, I say 100!
🙁

This post has been edited by Angelo1985: Mar 18 2021, 01:13 PM

+Quote Post
Tafty³³³
post Jul 8 2021, 09:01 AM
Post #44
I found the love, I found the love in me
Group: Genre Mod
Member No.: 5,042

Unless I've missed it (I think I may have laugh.gif) could we have an explanation about Thursdays streams and how they're counted towards the UK chart? I keep forgetting what it is and I can't remember the topic Joseph told me v recently about it laugh.gif + someone asked in another thread. Just think it'd be good for it to be included in this thread.

+Quote Post
danG
post Jul 8 2021, 03:59 PM
Post #45
   No Gallery Pics

That's a good suggestion. I've wrote a little something in the OP now.

+Quote Post
Chartfridays
post Aug 21 2021, 09:49 AM
Post #46
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Group: Banned
Member No.: 135,527
   No Gallery Pics

If you can buy Visiting Hours for 0.99 on amazon and stream it on Spotify, why are people talking about it not being an official single given it's bound to fly into the chart?

+Quote Post
Brer
post Aug 21 2021, 10:25 AM
Post #47
I'll just stick around and do some more damage
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 8,300

It's a promotional single (i.e. a song put out 'for the fans' / to build hype for the album that isn't going to be pushed as much as a full single would be). That doesn't mean it doesn't get released / can't chart.

(To use a more dated term it's an 'instant grat', which refers to album tracks that are downloaded early if you pre-order the digital album, though they can also just be downloaded on their own and of course with the advent of streaming this is a pretty redundant concept these days except for whatever small amount of holdouts there are who still only use iTunes downloads for music)

+Quote Post
Steve201
post Aug 21 2021, 01:49 PM
Post #48
Shakin Stevens
Member No.: 5,138
   No Gallery Pics

And can also be on the Radio 2 playlist now as well 😜

+Quote Post
Colm
post Aug 25 2021, 01:07 PM
Post #49
Yes, it's me.
Member No.: 9,885

What do you think the chances of a re-calculation of
streams to chart sales when the all time top 10 starts to look too weighted towards modern songs?

Zero chance?

+Quote Post
danG
post Aug 25 2021, 01:19 PM
Post #50
   No Gallery Pics

pretty much zero chance I'd say. they don't even seem to bother with articles/updates about the combined all time chart just cos it's really comparing apples with oranges now.

+Quote Post
Colm
post Aug 26 2021, 07:54 AM
Post #51
Yes, it's me.
Member No.: 9,885

That's true. Maybe as artefact there's no point in it any more.

+Quote Post
j80
post Aug 26 2021, 02:50 PM
Post #52
BuzzJack Climber
Member No.: 17,637
   No Gallery Pics

Question - Killers latest album Pressure Machine is available on streaming and digital download as both a standard version and an ‘abridged’ version. The standard version has these little interviews or ‘interstitials’ before most tracks. So it’s longer, and the tracks have different durations between the two versions.

Can anyone confirm these two will definitely be combined in the U.K. albums chart and total sales?

+Quote Post
Chartfridays
post Aug 28 2021, 07:48 AM
Post #53
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Group: Banned
Member No.: 135,527
   No Gallery Pics

What's the situation with Bad Habits, does it get a fresh 9 weeks from the date of the remix (12 August 2021) or will it go back on ACR if it declines in streams anyway?

+Quote Post
Bjork
post Aug 28 2021, 07:52 AM
Post #54
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

^check here:
http://www.buzzjack.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=248315

+Quote Post
Brer
post Aug 28 2021, 06:24 PM
Post #55
I'll just stick around and do some more damage
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 8,300

QUOTE(chartfridays @ Aug 28 2021, 08:48 AM) *
What's the situation with Bad Habits, does it get a fresh 9 weeks from the date of the remix (12 August 2021) or will it go back on ACR if it declines in streams anyway?

I don't think there is any situation in which any song gets a 'fresh 9 weeks', being reset to SCR only resets the 3 week decline timer. In this case as 'Bad Habits' had an increase in week 8 that means that the earliest it can go to ACR is in week 12 (assuming it declines in weeks 9, 10 and 11).

+Quote Post
Yousee
post Oct 28 2021, 06:17 AM
Post #56
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 129,076
   No Gallery Pics

Not sure if this has been covered already:
What are the rules regarding Greatest Hits albums?
For example, Little Mix are releasing a Greatest Hits album in 2 weeks. It will contain 4 brand new tracks. Three songs from the album (different from the four brand new ones of course) are currently on the charts and are expected to still be on the charts by release week. All three are likely to be on ACR then (one already is), and two out of the three are features. One out of the three is already in Ann-Marie's Therapy album.
When this Greatest Hits album gets released, I expect the brand new songs will be streamed the most. But I understand the rule to be that only 3 songs from an album are allowed to chart. Would that mean that if the new songs are streamed the most, the ones already on the charts will disappear? What about the song with Ann-Marie which already belongs in another album?
Or am I making a simple rule unnecessarily complex, and it's simply a case of the top three most-streamed charting, thus pushing away other songs in the album already on the charts irrespective of their history/being part of another album?
Please let me know, anyone who has answers. TIA.

This post has been edited by Yousee: Oct 28 2021, 06:18 AM

+Quote Post
Bjork
post Oct 28 2021, 06:38 AM
Post #57
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

The rule is 3 songs per artist but the OCC doesn't apply it very strictly or consistently
So basically if you're not the lead in a song, it doesn't count for your top 3

So I guess they can have 3 tracks from the GH + Heartbreak anthem + Kiss My
cos they're not the head artist in those two

But it's something very arbitrary

+Quote Post
Yousee
post Oct 28 2021, 12:30 PM
Post #58
BuzzJack Enthusiast
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Bjork @ Oct 28 2021, 07:38 AM) *
The rule is 3 songs per artist but the OCC doesn't apply it very strictly or consistently
So basically if you're not the lead in a song, it doesn't count for your top 3

So I guess they can have 3 tracks from the GH + Heartbreak anthem + Kiss My
cos they're not the head artist in those two

But it's something very arbitrary

Oh ok thank you!

+Quote Post
Yousee
post Oct 28 2021, 12:34 PM
Post #59
BuzzJack Enthusiast
   No Gallery Pics

If a song has five remixes, does the maximum of 10 streams per account apply to each of them (making a max of 50 per account), or are they all counted as one (so that 10 streams of the main version from an account makes subsequent streams of the remixes from same account uncounted)?

+Quote Post
music21
post Nov 19 2021, 10:50 PM
Post #60
New Entry
Member No.: 136,523
   No Gallery Pics

It's been mentioned that only 10 streams count per user per day on a streaming service. Is there a similar rule regarding sales and downloads? If a rich person decided to buy/download thousands of copies of their favourite song one week, in the hope of getting it to number one, would it work?

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:04 AM