BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 
6 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> The OCC Website
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Tefo
post 6th March 2021, 01:23 PM
Post #61
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 111,940

Yesterday for a moment I seriously thought that singles sales chart was discontinued. All previous charts were available but the new one wasn't showing up. And when I was viewing last week's sales chart there was no 'next' button available. And that was some 2-3 hours after the charts should be uploaded to the site.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Notorious D.O.T
post 7th March 2021, 08:51 PM
Post #62
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 122,344

Same poor form tonight

+Quote this post
kingofskiffle
post 7th March 2021, 09:56 PM
Post #63
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 3,777

I imagine it has either bene hacked, or the latest charts have corrupted (which is more likely) the historic aspects by being badly added. Or added, changed for some reason, and then corruption occurred. Clearly this is either something they do not know about or they don't work weekends and will fix Monday (Or by the end of the week depending on how big a mistake has occurred).

+Quote this post
Gambo
post 8th March 2021, 05:14 PM
Post #64
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber
User: 21,106

Seemingly all back to normal now by the way folks - all the singles and albums charts I tried to view loaded up all right. Only a matter of time though before it starts to go glitchy again. It is a very unreliable site in terms of everyday operation. And then there's the fair criticisms about the layout and accessing of certain information. For example they still don't post a link on the singles to the video or overall streaming charts. I also find the archive very annoying in that the search you perform must be word-perfect; it's not dynamic enough to pick up likely typos or misspellings.

This post has been edited by Gambo: 8th March 2021, 05:15 PM

+Quote this post
Notorious D.O.T
post 8th March 2021, 06:01 PM
Post #65
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 122,344

QUOTE(Gambo @ Mar 8 2021, 05:14 PM) *
Seemingly all back to normal now by the way folks - all the singles and albums charts I tried to view loaded up all right. Only a matter of time though before it starts to go glitchy again. It is a very unreliable site in terms of everyday operation. And then there's the fair criticisms about the layout and accessing of certain information. For example they still don't post a link on the singles to the video or overall streaming charts. I also find the archive very annoying in that the search you perform must be word-perfect; it's not dynamic enough to pick up likely typos or misspellings.

Spoke too soon.

+Quote this post
My Random Music
post 14th March 2021, 10:32 PM
Post #66
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber
User: 124,622

It's a terrible website. I keep my own spreadsheet for the charts, just using the website once a week to get the new information onto my spreadsheet is painful enough. Everyhit.com was a good site, but that had errors in it too for example none of Bruce Dickinson's solo hits are on there.

+Quote this post
kingofskiffle
post 14th March 2021, 10:51 PM
Post #67
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular

QUOTE(My Random Music @ Mar 14 2021, 10:32 PM) *
It's a terrible website. I keep my own spreadsheet for the charts, just using the website once a week to get the new information onto my spreadsheet is painful enough. Everyhit.com was a good site, but that had errors in it too for example none of Bruce Dickinson's solo hits are on there.

I'd recommend ChartsPlus. Not free, but significantly more accurate than the OCC Website (I am biased as I create the New Entry listings and much of the charts each week that are used in it from the OCC compiled CSV files that ChartsPlus licences from them).

http://www.ukchartsplus.co.uk

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post 14th March 2021, 11:25 PM
Post #68
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,568

it is an awful page I hate it

+Quote this post
awardinary
post 30th March 2021, 12:59 PM
Post #69
Group icon
Here to play, here to stay
Pronouns: he/him
User: 21,587

Looks like the Polyhex website is down. It’s been like this for over a day now. sad.gif Not another priceless chart resource taken down from public use. cry.gif

+Quote this post
danG
post 30th March 2021, 01:15 PM
Post #70
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥
User: 11,746

There's still hope that it's nothing more than an error and the OCC haven't pulled it, for now. Would be a huge shame to lose it as the OCC's chart runs aren't copy and pasteable.

+Quote this post
kingofskiffle
post 30th March 2021, 02:18 PM
Post #71
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular

QUOTE(dan::G @ Mar 30 2021, 01:15 PM) *
There's still hope that it's nothing more than an error and the OCC haven't pulled it, for now. Would be a huge shame to lose it as the OCC's chart runs aren't copy and pasteable.

He wasn’t swear it was down. His ISP changed database settings and he will fix tonight. OCC have not said he has to take it down.

+Quote this post
awardinary
post 30th March 2021, 09:17 PM
Post #72
Group icon
Here to play, here to stay
Pronouns: he/him
User: 21,587

QUOTE(dan::G @ Mar 30 2021, 02:15 PM) *
There's still hope that it's nothing more than an error and the OCC haven't pulled it, for now.

QUOTE(kingofskiffle @ Mar 30 2021, 03:18 PM) *
He wasn’t swear it was down. His ISP changed database settings and he will fix tonight. OCC have not said he has to take it down.

Reassuringly, you’re both right, and the latest message coming from the website is this;

“Due to a technical issue, the chart runs are currently not working. Hopefully they'll be back soon!”

So it seems everything should be working as normal again soon. smile.gif

+Quote this post
Steve201
post 30th March 2021, 10:03 PM
Post #73
Group icon
Shakin Stevens
User: 5,138

Please god it’s a great page for old chart runs!

+Quote this post
Brer
post 30th March 2021, 11:05 PM
Post #74
Group icon
is my brain across your walls?
User: 8,300

The OCC's issue with Chartstats was only the searchable archive of full charts - even after they 'took down' Chartstats the chart runs for individual songs were still accessible there (until the site went offline due to the domain expiring of course) so I don't think it's likely they'll ever go after Polyhex.

+Quote this post
Robbie
post 31st March 2021, 08:16 PM
Post #75
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 366

The Polyhex chart run database is back online again.

+Quote this post
Suedehead2
post 11th June 2021, 05:55 PM
Post #76
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 3,272

The OCC are doing a survey on their website. Has anyone done it yet? Does it give us a chance to mention some of the points in this thread?

+Quote this post
zeus555
post 11th June 2021, 06:28 PM
Post #77
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 1,153

QUOTE(Suedehead2 @ Jun 11 2021, 06:55 PM) *
The OCC are doing a survey on their website. Has anyone done it yet? Does it give us a chance to mention some of the points in this thread?

I've just done The OCC Survey.

1). They clearly plan to change some things. Either in their 'Rules', or on their Site. (Maybe both). Be it sooner or later.

2). It looks like, they have been losing money. Probably, (somehow), due to COVID19.

3). Some of the Questions are about cash. They ask, if Chart Fans, would be willing to Pay, to access their Site.

4). They List several things, and ask which of them would encourage Chart Fans, to pay for OCC Site Access.

5). Things like a faster Site, more Interviews, more Competitions - even 'A New Site', is given as an option.

6). They ask a lot of Questions, about how familiar, Chart Fans are with their Logos, and Chart Dates etc.

7). I got the impression, that The OCC has lost a lot of money, and they are trying, to find out, what we 'Chart Fans', will
be willing to pay for. So that the OCC can rake in more money. They also suggested a Chart Forum - to go on their Site.

8). They even plan, (hope), to Sell OCC and Chart, Merchandise! They showed several Photos of it. I forget if there was a Price next
to it. One of them, is a small replica, of those Number 1 Trophy's, that they give to the Artists, who get to No.1!

9). Each Question, gives you the chance, to choose something of your own. I told them, that I'd like their Site, to be more accurate.

This post has been edited by zeus555: 11th June 2021, 06:38 PM

+Quote this post
Suedehead2
post 11th June 2021, 06:38 PM
Post #78
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 3,272

I think they need to sort out all the errors before considering charging people to use the site.

+Quote this post
PeteFromLeeds
post 11th June 2021, 06:44 PM
Post #79
Group icon
Buy yourself a car, and a house in Devon
User: 23,247

I've just done the survey - I have to say it did feel a bit like an interrogation! laugh.gif

+Quote this post
ben08
post 11th June 2021, 07:22 PM
Post #80
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 5,152

Also included is this question.

What content would encourage you to take out a paid subscription?

Exclusive video content/artist interviews
Deeper exclusive expert chart analysis
Longer charts e.g. Top 200 charts
Artist chart ranking the total sales and streams of an artist against other artists
Monthly charts showing biggest sellers across a full month
More sales figures/streaming numbers
Market trend analysis and reports
Other (please state)

Hope they do more sales figures.

+Quote this post

6 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 24th April 2024, 10:44 PM