BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Delta Goodrem - Welcome To Earth, New single out now!
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Ryan.
post 4th April 2018, 04:44 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 12,608

Performed during the opening ceremony of the Commonwealth Games and released straight afterwards, lovely anthem for the event!
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 4th April 2018, 11:11 PM
Post #2
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139
This is so epic, way better than Think About You although I did come around to that. I agree it's perfect for this kind of thing wub.gif

+Quote this post
Knightr634
post 5th April 2018, 10:35 AM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 2,417
I think this song was originally recorded for Wings of the Wild album. So glad she's dug it up for the Commonwealth Games. It really suited what the opening ceremony wanted to say.

I just love her.

https://open.spotify.com/track/51A4dMfhZLJn...vRv6fdq5WImipSA

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post 5th April 2018, 11:02 AM
Post #4
Group icon
Hello?
User: 116
Oh thank god, this is great. <3 I was worried we were going to get more sub-Maroon 5 circa 2017 Spotify playlist fodder.

I mean I quite like Think About You but it's ultimately completely faceless and had me worried about her current musical direction rather than excited by it. This has me excited again!

This post has been edited by gooddelta: 5th April 2018, 11:02 AM

+Quote this post
Silas
post 5th April 2018, 05:39 PM
Post #5
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474
This is sublime. Still not convinced by “Think About You” but I’m fully behind this

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post 8th April 2018, 12:38 PM
Post #6
Group icon
Hello?
This is coming out on CD single too, pre-order it quickly though as it's a pre-order exclusive and due out in a few days:

https://www.jbhifi.com.au/music/browse/pop/...-single/634069/

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 8th April 2018, 01:17 PM
Post #7
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
Pronouns: he/him
User: 13,530
Still shocked at the reaction to Think About You here, I still love it and find it so refreshing from her!

This is a stunning track though and it's nice to hear the classic Delta sound hasn't been dropped either. Pre-ordered the CD single biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post 8th April 2018, 01:40 PM
Post #8
Group icon
Hello?
QUOTE(JosephAvery @ Apr 8 2018, 02:17 PM) *
Still shocked at the reaction to Think About You here, I still love it and find it so refreshing from her!

This is a stunning track though and it's nice to hear the classic Delta sound hasn't been dropped either. Pre-ordered the CD single biggrin.gif

I do like it, in fact probably moreso than I would if it was by anyone else purely because of Delta's vocals improving an admittedly catchy but otherwise uninspired track.

But for me Think About You was the sound of Delta conforming to modern trends, whereas tracks like Wings and Enough show that she can do contemporary at the same time as putting her own stamp on things, without needing to do exactly what everybody else is doing.

But the fact that she's put this track out reassures me that she's not moving over to that sound completely, I'd be super disappointed if she released a whole album of music in the vein of Think About You. At least her voice will always make it stand out in its own way though I guess. And of course it's fair enough if she does continue down that road as it would obviously be what she wants to do, I just doubt I'd be personally as on board with it as usual.

This post has been edited by gooddelta: 8th April 2018, 01:41 PM

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 23rd April 2024, 09:11 AM