BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Artist News
6 Pages V  « < 4 5 6  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Spiceworld: The Movie, 20 years since its release to cinemas!
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Jay ☆
post Jan 7 2018, 07:27 PM
Post #101
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 3,217

Not sure actually, quite random!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jay ☆
post May 12 2018, 03:17 PM
Post #102
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 3,217

The most recent episode of Gogglebox included Spiceworld The Movie! As you might expect, the reactions towards their acting was negative :') but some nice comments about them as a music/performing act.

+Quote Post
Icy B
post Nov 13 2018, 08:08 PM
Post #103
New Entry
Group: Members
Member No.: 78,901

Love this film to bits! Itís silly, very British and very self-aware and itís not like they went out of their way to hide the fact that the girls arenít actresses or anything. Donít understand what people find to be so negative about it as itís pretty clear (in my book at least) that it doesnít try to be anything more than what it actually is.

QUOTE(DaniSpiceBoy @ Sep 17 2017, 01:24 PM) *
Melanie C will be doing a Q&A at a SpiceWorld screeing in London on September 30th.

Iíve been looking around for information on what was said during this supposed Q&A session but have had no luck in finding any. Do anyone here know more about this?

Amazon seems to be taking pre-orders on a Blu-ray version of the film but without showing a proper release date or an image. (Canít link them here as Iím not allowed to post any links yet.) Is this actually true or not? Iíve also noticed in the English Wikipedia article for Spice World that it too mentions that a Blu-ray is planned, although not citing any source about it:
QUOTE(Wikipedia)
Spice World: The 20th Anniversary Edition will be released on Blu Ray in the UK and Australia in December 2018 to mark the 20th anniversary of the VHS release. It will feature a new documentary about the film with all five Spice Girls and many apecial guests who featured in the film including Jennifer Saunders , Richard E. Grant, and Meat Loaf.

+Quote Post
Spiceboy
post Nov 14 2018, 10:38 PM
Post #104
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 39,568
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Jay ☆ @ Jan 7 2018, 05:40 PM) *
The movie is getting a DVD re-release in Australia in February, with new artwork:

I really wish the movie would receive a blu-ray release, it's long overdue. sad.gif

OMG I love that cover wub.gif

I adore the original cover though with the Green SPICE wub.gif

+Quote Post
Piers
post Nov 25 2018, 07:03 AM
Post #105
New Entry
Member No.: 69,521
   No Gallery Pics

I saw it again recently. There's something really unusual about it in retrospect. The girls were the biggest group on the planet at the time Spice World was shot. You'd think it'd be a pretty strictly mainstream effort. Instead, the filmmakers cast a ton of cult actors...and loaded it with bonkers scenes like they intended all along for the thing to be a favorite drag queen midnight movie staple in 20 years. Not that there's anything wrong with any of that.

I actually rather like how weird the movie is. It's endlessly quotable. I just have one major criticism.

They should have recorded the Spice World album before they shot the movie...not during production. To me, the best moments come when the girls are performing...and certainly nothing else in the film comes close to the ending performance of Spice Up Your Life. But there should be more. They had such a command of a stage at that time. The Istanbul concert is a very good showcase of that. Spice World only shows that fact in spurts. Had the album been complete at that time, other songs could've been better incorporated (a performance of Stop, in particular, definitely belongs in there)

Aaaaand I've just typed a lot more than I intended on a weird movie about five popstars that features aliens and a live childbirth scene.

+Quote Post
Spiceboy
post Nov 25 2018, 12:37 PM
Post #106
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 39,568
   No Gallery Pics

It is ICONIC!!

It's one of the things that makes Spice Girls more iconic than the likes of Backstreet Boys, Destiny's Child and One Direction etc. They had a flipping movie and a play station game for crying out loud! wub.gif

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 4 5 6
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th December 2018 - 12:50 AM