BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

11 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Book - Reveal, Robbie Williams. By Chris Heath. 17 September 2017
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Laura130262
post Sep 21 2017, 11:27 PM
Post #21
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 10,265
QUOTE(Sydney11 @ Sep 21 2017, 10:49 PM) *
Have your books arrived yet unsure.gif

Yes - mine arrived from Amazon today. smile.gif

I spent an hour flicking through it from start to finish as I won't get a chance to sit and read it for a few days yet.

My initial thoughts are that as RW fans I think we will be very familiar with what is in the book as we've been chatting about it as it's happened in real time.

It makes it apparent that all the chat Robbie has put on Upfront and before that in the blogs on the old RW.Com site are exactly as is recounted in the book now. There's just more detail in the book. It takes it pretty much up to date as far as April 2017.

One thing I noted was it mentioned the Troxy gig last November which made me happy as I rate that one of my favourite RW gigs of all time. smile.gif

Tess stop reading at this point as there is a spoiler tongue.gif

It says there will be a new RW album in Autumn 2018 cool.gif

and I liked this quote: "I'd like to be more kind, less lacerating, less brutal to myself. If there is another book in ten years time, I hope that I'll be more gentle with myself in my head. I can joke about it more now, and there's more levity, but how difficult it is for me to say nice things about myself. To myself. I just want to try to figure out how to be a bit kinder to myself."

I hope so too. heart.gif

Edit: also it mentions near the end how he wasn't feeling his most confident at the NYE Big Ben gig last year and I think we could see that. I remember we commented on it on RWAP. I think the general public wouldn't know any different but as fans I think you can tell when he's enjoying a gig and when he isn't. Most of the time anyway. Maybe not always.

This post has been edited by Laura130262: Sep 21 2017, 11:43 PM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Sydney11
post Sep 22 2017, 04:45 PM
Post #22
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 23,135
I am not going to get around to reading this book for ages, I am a terribly slow reader & just trying to finish the third book of a trilogy at the minute

Gosh !!, so there is another album on the way . I take it that he is not talking about UTR11 unsure.gif .

+Quote this post
Laura130262
post Sep 22 2017, 11:33 PM
Post #23
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
QUOTE(Sydney11 @ Sep 22 2017, 05:45 PM) *
I am not going to get around to reading this book for ages, I am a terribly slow reader & just trying to finish the third book of a trilogy at the minute
Gosh !!, so there is another album on the way . I take it that he is not talking about UTR11 unsure.gif .

No - because as I was flicking through I saw quite a few references to UTR2.

I got the impression a brand new album will be just that. Goodness know where that leaves the TT project though. I guess knowing that -it makes perfect sense why it will be a 30th anniversary album. huh.gif

+Quote this post
Laura130262
post Sep 24 2017, 12:43 AM
Post #24
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Page 32 he talks about performing Blasphemy with Guy Chambers at a dinner party for the first and only time since 2002.

I hope they perform it live together in the future. heart.gif

+Quote this post
Sydney11
post Sep 24 2017, 01:16 AM
Post #25
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
QUOTE(Laura130262 @ Sep 22 2017, 12:27 AM) *
Yes - mine arrived from Amazon today. smile.gif

I spent an hour flicking through it from start to finish as I won't get a chance to sit and read it for a few days yet.

My initial thoughts are that as RW fans I think we will be very familiar with what is in the book as we've been chatting about it as it's happened in real time.

[b]It makes it apparent that all the chat Robbie has put on Upfront and before that in the blogs on the old RW.Com site are exactly as is recounted in the book now. There's just more detail in the book. It takes it pretty much up to date as far as April 2017. [/b]

One thing I noted was it mentioned the Troxy gig last November which made me happy as I rate that one of my favourite RW gigs of all time. smile.gif
Tess stop reading at this point as there is a spoiler tongue.gif
It says there will be a new RW album in Autumn 2018 cool.gif

and I liked this quote: "I'd like to be more kind, less lacerating, less brutal to myself. If there is another book in ten years time, I hope that I'll be more gentle with myself in my head. I can joke about it more now, and there's more levity, but how difficult it is for me to say nice things about myself. To myself. I just want to try to figure out how to be a bit kinder to myself."
I hope so too. heart.gif
Edit: also it mentions near the end how he wasn't feeling his most confident at the NYE Big Ben gig last year and I think we could see that. I remember we commented on it on RWAP. I think the general public wouldn't know any different but as fans I think you can tell when he's enjoying a gig and when he isn't. Most of the time anyway. Maybe not always.

Even though I am a member of Upfront I rarely go on there so most of that stuff will be new for me which is great tongue.gif

What did you like about the Troxy gig Laura , did you get to that one, I cannot remember if you did

His mind was not on the NYW gig, you could see that but I did not know why , you never know with Robbie from one gig to another how he is going to be

+Quote this post
Sydney11
post Sep 24 2017, 05:52 AM
Post #26
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
QUOTE(Laura130262 @ Sep 24 2017, 01:43 AM) *
Page 32 he talks about performing Blasphemy with Guy Chambers at a dinner party for the first and only time since 2002.

I hope they perform it live together in the future. heart.gif

Did they get that date right Laura, I thought Blasphemy was way after that or did he mean that this was their first private party performance together since 2002

+Quote this post
Sydney11
post Sep 24 2017, 06:00 AM
Post #27
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
QUOTE(Laura130262 @ Sep 23 2017, 12:33 AM) *
No - because as I was flicking through I saw quite a few references to UTR2.

I got the impression a brand new album will be just that. Goodness know where that leaves the TT project though. I guess knowing that -it makes perfect sense why it will be a 30th anniversary album. huh.gif

The songs ot would seem have already been recorded for the TT record or am I wrong on that assumption , whether they will ever get to perform them live together is another thing though especially now that Robbie has mentioned releasing another album towards the end of next year & I guess will tour that album at some stage & as we know his tours are not short or uneventfull blink.gif

+Quote this post
elisabeth1974
post Sep 24 2017, 07:18 AM
Post #28
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 25,575
he will definitely be a busy man again

+Quote this post
Laura130262
post Sep 24 2017, 08:48 AM
Post #29
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
QUOTE(Sydney11 @ Sep 24 2017, 06:52 AM) *
Did they get that date right Laura, I thought Blasphemy was way after that or did he mean that this was their first private party performance together since 2002

Only found this out along the way....... Blasphemy was the last track they wrote together before they split up in 2002. It wasn't until RKTVS in 2009 that he used it on an album. The only time he performed it at that time was before he was reunited with Guy. smile.gif

+Quote this post
Laura130262
post Sep 24 2017, 08:59 AM
Post #30
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
QUOTE(Sydney11 @ Sep 24 2017, 02:16 AM) *
Even though I am a member of Upfront I rarely go on there so most of that stuff will be new for me which is great tongue.gif

What did you like about the Troxy gig Laura , did you get to that one, I cannot remember if you did

His mind was not on the NYW gig, you could see that but I did not know why , you never know with Robbie from one gig to another how he is going to be

It was very loud and we were near the front. (I'll never be as near again). He looked and sounded amazing. The songs with TT were so joyous. You could see and feel how excited he was to perform with them. They sang the version of Back for Good that I love so much.

While everyone was queuing during the day, some fans (I think they were the Fanfest girls on FB?) had handed out some little posters that said "Proud of You" (he was getting his Brits Icon award if you remember. That was the whole point of the evening) and everyone held them up during Angels. It could have been an icky moment but it was actually really sweet and lovely and you could see he was touched. So as a man who finds it so hard to accept praise, I think he "got" what the message was saying. So the whole evening for he was really happy and really special. There's a paragraph on it in Reveal page 415. smile.gif

+Quote this post
Sydney11
post Sep 24 2017, 09:29 AM
Post #31
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Rumour has started on the new album due out next year

http://en.mediamass.net/people/robbie-will.../new-album.html

+Quote this post
Sydney11
post Sep 24 2017, 10:11 AM
Post #32
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
QUOTE(Laura130262 @ Sep 24 2017, 09:48 AM) *
Only found this out along the way....... Blasphemy was the last track they wrote together before they split up in 2002. It wasn't until RKTVS in 2009 that he used it on an album. The only time he performed it at that time was before he was reunited with Guy. smile.gif

Gosh, that is interesting Laura, was that revelation in the book . I have been off work this week so when I go back on Monday it should be there waiting for me as I got it addressed to work .

I love that song smile.gif

https://youtu.be/h-AW5ykwl0A

+Quote this post
Laura130262
post Sep 24 2017, 02:16 PM
Post #33
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
QUOTE(Sydney11 @ Sep 24 2017, 11:11 AM) *
Gosh, that is interesting Laura, was that revelation in the book . I have been off work this week so when I go back on Monday it should be there waiting for me as I got it addressed to work .

I love that song smile.gif
https://youtu.be/h-AW5ykwl0A

No not in the book. I remember when he was promoting RKTVS he mentioned that Blasphemy was the last song they wrote together because they were just on the cusp of working together again and I remember thinking (for me) he is always very strong when he's working with Guy. smile.gif

+Quote this post
Sydney11
post Sep 25 2017, 05:40 AM
Post #34
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
QUOTE(Laura130262 @ Sep 24 2017, 09:59 AM) *
It was very loud and we were near the front. (I'll never be as near again). He looked and sounded amazing. The songs with TT were so joyous. You could see and feel how excited he was to perform with them. They sang the version of Back for Good that I love so much.

While everyone was queuing during the day, some fans (I think they were the Fanfest girls on FB?) had handed out some little posters that said "Proud of You" (he was getting his Brits Icon award if you remember. That was the whole point of the evening) and everyone held them up during Angels. It could have been an icky moment but it was actually really sweet and lovely and you could see he was touched. So as a man who finds it so hard to accept praise, I think he "got" what the message was saying. So the whole evening for he was really happy and really special. There's a paragraph on it in Reveal page 415. smile.gif

You are getting through this book fairly quickly Laura, or are you skipping back & forth :Page 415 already .

I would love to have got to one of those more intimate gigs where the crowd is not too big, when they were on it just never worked out for me for one reason or another , I should have gone to the one he did in Dublin number of years ago but changed my mind at the last minute which was stupid

Have you started reading Reveal yet Elisabeth unsure.gif

+Quote this post
Better Man
post Sep 25 2017, 08:26 AM
Post #35
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 12,584
I bought e-book and almost finished to read the chapter II.
That's a really good book for all Robbie's fans

+Quote this post
Sydney11
post Sep 25 2017, 06:46 PM
Post #36
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
QUOTE(Better Man @ Sep 25 2017, 09:26 AM) *
I bought e-book and almost finished to read the chapter II.
That's a really good book for all Robbie's fans

Looking forward to it arriving in the post smile.gif

Any interesting bits about new music etc

+Quote this post
Laura130262
post Sep 25 2017, 07:12 PM
Post #37
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
QUOTE(Sydney11 @ Sep 25 2017, 06:40 AM) *
You are getting through this book fairly quickly Laura, or are you skipping back & forth :Page 415 already .

I would love to have got to one of those more intimate gigs where the crowd is not too big, when they were on it just never worked out for me for one reason or another , I should have gone to the one he did in Dublin number of years ago but changed my mind at the last minute which was stupid
Have you started reading Reveal yet Elisabeth unsure.gif

No I'm not up to 415 Tess. I started at the back laugh.gif because I wanted to see how he was now. smile.gif

I read maybe 50 pages at the back and now I'm starting at the front. 140 pages in. smile.gif

+Quote this post
Sydney11
post Sep 25 2017, 09:49 PM
Post #38
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
QUOTE(Laura130262 @ Sep 25 2017, 08:12 PM) *
No I'm not up to 415 Tess. I started at the back laugh.gif because I wanted to see how he was now. smile.gif

I read maybe 50 pages at the back and now I'm starting at the front. 140 pages in. smile.gif

I cannot believe that you would do such a thing ohmy.gif , that is Blasphemy in another fashion rap.gif

I could never do that . It takes me ages to read a book, I read about 20 pages at a time , how many pages are in the book. My book is due on Thursday according to Amazon but I will be away in Dublin & will not get it now until next week tongue.gif

+Quote this post
Laura130262
post Sep 26 2017, 08:58 AM
Post #39
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
I think there's over 400 pages Tess. You'd better quicken your pace tongue.gif

laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Sydney11
post Sep 26 2017, 06:48 PM
Post #40
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
QUOTE(Laura130262 @ Sep 26 2017, 09:58 AM) *
I think there's over 400 pages Tess. You'd better quicken your pace tongue.gif
laugh.gif

Should only take me about three weeks plus all the stopping & starting .. I still have not finished my book about Vampires, it's really good . If you are a reader it's a really good trilogy , each book about 800 pages long, I have been reading them for years & still not finished laugh.gif

+Quote this post

11 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 11:51 AM