BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
21 Pages V  « < 19 20 21  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Kylie Minogue ● UK Chart Runs & Sales
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Feel_The_Fever
post Thursday, 08:21 AM
Post #401
BuzzJack Idol
Group: Members
Member No.: 845
   No Gallery Pics

Ya Brittney really charted low that week with good sales. I always have it in my head body language was number 4 peak but I think it started the midweeks at number 4 and dropped. It had great opening sales though and it's a Shame it missed top 5.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Medellíam
post Thursday, 09:33 AM
Post #402
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 12,472

QUOTE(Jay ☆ @ Jul 11 2019, 08:02 AM) *
Red Blooded Woman's sales for #5 were very strong for 2004! I guess it could be argued that it being released alongside Toxic might have helped pick up a few more sales than in another week.

A week later she would have been #13! #12 sold 21,730, #13 sold 18,776. I'll always be bewildered that this song was quite poorly received by the public. cry.gif

Mid to late 2000s was such a competitive time with amazing sales! Almost 69k to end up at #6! A shame that Body Language missed out on being a Top 5 album, although she did far better than Britney who entered at #14 with In the Zone in the same week ( cry.gif )

Always found it interesting that 'Red Blooded Woman' wasn't that far off the first week sales for 'Slow' despite peaking at opposite ends of the Top 5. Maybe 'Toxic' did help it out a bit but Kylie did promote the single like crazy.

Thanks for those sales re: Get Outta My Way! Yeah I was gutted it wasn't more of a hit. sad.gif I remember it being midweek #8 too.

That week of November was very competitive indeed! As I say though, Kylie really should have been able to her own off the back of Fever. 69k may be fab sales today but it was a 50% drop on the first week sales for Fever and was lower than X and Aphrodite (I guess both those albums had factors that helped her sales out but I'd still have expected Body Language to open with bigger sales). Really gutting for Britney that week though! I was always confused as to why that album appeared to do less well than her other albums when it was home to one of her most defining hits.

+Quote Post
Spiceboy
post Thursday, 10:42 AM
Post #403
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 39,568
   No Gallery Pics

I remember being really shocked Body Language went in at #6, thought she would lose her record deal off the back of it lol. laugh.gif But sales were very high which is what matters at the end of the day. In The Zone's #14 peak is such a poor reflection of it's success for Britney!

+Quote Post
Medellíam
post Thursday, 11:33 AM
Post #404
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 12,472

Body Language eventually sold a respectable 400k which I guess may have been a better result than anticipated following its initial performance, but probably much lower than the originally expected. What it needed was a successful campaign in 2004, much like In the Zone had:

2003:
Body Language: 265,000, 63rd best seller
In the Zone: 125,000 145th best seller

2004:
Body Language: 110,000, 165th best seller, 375,000 in total
In the Zone: 363,000 51st best seller, 488,000 in total

'Toxic' and 'Everytime' both helped In the Zone return to the Top 15. 'Red Blooded Woman' was had a heavy promo schedule but could only help Body Language return to the Top 40 for one week (#28). By the time 'Chocolate' was released, the album was out of the Top 100 and only briefly returned.

+Quote Post
Feel_The_Fever
post Thursday, 11:51 AM
Post #405
BuzzJack Idol
Member No.: 845
   No Gallery Pics

Double platinum at minimum would have been expected of body language and while it did well it wasnt what most people wanted from kylie, ok album but disappointing too.

+Quote Post
pippa
post Thursday, 01:07 PM
Post #406
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 14,031
   No Gallery Pics

At the time i think Kylie should have went with an album more commercial.
The sounds of I Believe In You, Giving You Up and White Diamond would have been a more natural sound follow up to Fever.
Had this route happened the follow up to Fever would have easily crossed double platinum and possibly achieved triple status.

+Quote Post
Tawdry Hepburn
post Thursday, 01:38 PM
Post #407
I'll find your lips in the street lights
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 51

These are really, really fascinating. Thank you so much Jay!

QUOTE(Spiceboy @ Jul 11 2019, 11:42 AM) *
I remember being really shocked Body Language went in at #6, thought she would lose her record deal off the back of it lol. laugh.gif But sales were very high which is what matters at the end of the day. In The Zone's #14 peak is such a poor reflection of it's success for Britney!

I think it's fair to say 'Me Against The Music' caused it to bomb initially in the UK, but the other two singles rescued it kept it bobbing along and picking up quite big sales over time.

+Quote Post
Red Blooded Man
post Thursday, 01:43 PM
Post #408
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 822
   No Gallery Pics

BL lacked a killer single apart from Slow, Secret (Take You Home) was good and it was foolish that it wasn't released.

+Quote Post
___∆___
post Thursday, 08:30 PM
Post #409
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 3,155

Some fascinating stats there - the chart geek in me loves all that kind of stuff! Hate seeing what could have been though when it comes to higher peaks!

+Quote Post
Jay ☆
post Thursday, 09:31 PM
Post #410
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Member No.: 3,217

QUOTE(Tawdry Hepburn @ Jul 11 2019, 02:38 PM) *
These are really, really fascinating. Thank you so much Jay!

Liam posted these stats, so thanks to him! wub.gif

+Quote Post

21 Pages V  « < 19 20 21
Reply to this topicStart new topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th July 2019 - 12:47 AM