BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

32 Pages V  « < 17 18 19 20 21 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Emma Bunton • General Discussion
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Mr.X
post 27th February 2021, 07:13 PM
Post #361
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,587
I'd hope she does have some plans FOR NEXT YEAR!

This year they need to focus on Spice Girls FOR ONCE
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 7th March 2021, 03:37 AM
Post #362
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Pronouns: he/him
User: 3,217
Just something random - my fantasy track lists for CD2 singles:

What I Am - CD2
1. What I Am [Eleven to Fly Album Version]
2. What I Am [Groove Chronicles Remix]
3. What I Am [K-Warren Remix]

What Took You So Long? - CD2
1 .What Took You So Long? [Radio Edit]
2. Everybody Wants to Be
3. What Took You So Long? [Instrumental]

Take My Breath Away - CD2
1. Take My Breath Away [Single Mix]
2. Invincible
3. That's Why It Hurts

We're Not Gonna Sleep Tonight - CD2
1. We're Not Gonna Sleep Tonight [Radio Mix]
2. We're Not Gonna Sleep Tonight [Almighty Mix]
3. To Have and to Have to Let Go

Maybe - CD2
1. Maybe
2. Crazy Beautiful
3. Maybe [Almighty Club Mix]

All I Need to Know - CD2
1. All I Need to Know [Radio Edit]
2. Rhapsody
3. All I Need to Know [Bimbo Jones Remix Radio Edit]

Side note: To my ears That's Why It Hurts doesn't sound like A Girl Like Me era, but apparently it is?

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post 7th March 2021, 09:56 AM
Post #363
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,568
Can't get over her having so many 1CD releases!? ohmy.gif

This post has been edited by spiceboy: 7th March 2021, 10:02 AM

+Quote this post
Mr.X
post 7th March 2021, 10:22 AM
Post #364
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Yes, specially when those DVDs functioned as CD2. It was frustrating as hell to have songs exclusively there... What am I supposed to do when I want to play the song and dance to it in my room Bunton, Plug my DVD player to my stereo?!

Anyway... those sound gorgeous Jay, though some of those bsides were Not It blush.gif

the A Girl Like Me era was quite poor when it came to music overall.... To Have and To Have To Let Go and Everybody Wants To Be were quite shite, hey...

Lyrically, Everybody Wants To Be is particularly cringe, so kind of surprised it was even considered to be in the album in the first place...

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 7th March 2021, 06:29 PM
Post #365
Group icon
I suppose Emma could have gotten away with including a few "B Sides are B Sides for a reason" quality tracks laugh.gif For the most part I think the ones she actually did release were at least okay, and of course there's a few gems along the way such as So Long. wub.gif The reason I included those titles in those fantasy track lists is essentially because they're the only tracks we know exist.

I wonder why Virgin didn't commission more remixes? Particularly having none at all for What Took You So Long seems a bit remiss for an era launching single! ohmy.gif Not even a nice acoustic unsure.gif Lazy! The fact they included a 1999 released song as a B Side to be able to pad out its CD track listing... unsure.gif

+Quote this post
Mr.X
post 7th March 2021, 06:44 PM
Post #366
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Yeah she totally has some nice bsides, for sure, though I never cared much for the too-bubblegum-pop of the AGLM era bsides.

The Free Me ones were just STUNNING! Even Don't Tell Me You Love Me Anymore would have been a great track had it been paired with any single from AGLM era, instead of Maybe, ah!

But the run of Tomorrow + Who The Hell Are You + So Long + Taking It Easy + Eso Beso + Summer Samba + Midnight & Martinis is just wub.gif

Totally forgot about the lack of remixes for her first solo single! It does seem quite mad that this was the move. She totally could have put a nice remix in there, or even spread it over a 2-CD with one of the bsides moving to CD2 and slap a remix on both CDs + an accoustic version!

Lazy Bunton or silly Virgin? Maybe both?! Imagine if What Took You So Long? had a CD2! It probably would have gone over 300k sales!!

This post has been edited by Mr.X: 7th March 2021, 06:46 PM

+Quote this post
sammy01
post 7th March 2021, 07:17 PM
Post #367
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 9,988
WTYSL for me is crying out for a dance remix, I just have this feeling it would sound really good with a great dance beat behind it too.

I'm always a little shocked at how much I like the AINTK dance remix, it really shouldn't work but does.

+Quote this post
Mr.X
post 7th March 2021, 10:12 PM
Post #368
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Bimbo Jones smashed it with that mix, actually. It was quite jarring at first but as soon as the vocals came in, I was sold!

She did quite a good mix of WTYSL at the Albert Hall. Would be amazing if she can put out a new mix or two for its anniversary cheer.gif (it wont happen nocheer.gif )

@Jay we should have a Emma Bunton Remix Rate! funky.gif

I think that Maybe (Latino mix), and the Crickets Sing For Anamaria (Element's Crickets Dance On Tequila Booty Mix) where just glorious wub.gif Some of the best remixes in Spiceworld, in my opinion, as they kind of reinvent the original songs and give them a whole new life - and funnily enough, both of them could be singles too (with shortned versions obvs!)

All I Need To Know (Bimbo Jones Mix) was great too, as was the We're Not Gonna Sleep Tonight 3AM mix banana.gif

And obviously both Free Me (Full Intention's Freed Up Mix) and Maybe's excellent Bini & Martini Club Mix too!

Bunton's Remix Discography is BOP CENTRAL!

+Quote this post
isanka
post 10th March 2021, 11:11 AM
Post #369
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 88,486
How to contact Virgin to ask them to put online all the singles on the streaming services.

+Quote this post
tommie
post 10th March 2021, 11:19 AM
Post #370
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 8,073
QUOTE(isanka @ Mar 10 2021, 12:11 PM) *
How to contact Virgin to ask them to put online all the singles on the streaming services.

Virgin would only control the Girl Like Me tracks though.

With that said, apparently her team is "working on it" (although not very hard I guess).

+Quote this post
sammy01
post 10th March 2021, 11:25 AM
Post #371
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Yeah her team know her back catalogue is not complete on streaming but it's really complicated in terms of who has the distribution rights to what in what area. Some parts of the world the companies or labels who distributed her music might not exist anymore.

A girl like me was easier as it was all Virgin.

+Quote this post
Blond 2.0
post 10th March 2021, 04:33 PM
Post #372
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 39,576
Bimbo Jones gave Emma the best remixes

+Quote this post
Mr.X
post 10th March 2021, 04:56 PM
Post #373
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
QUOTE(isanka @ Mar 10 2021, 11:11 AM) *

Virgin already did that with A Girl Like Me, as it was announced last year that the album was now available on streaming world wide. Now we need the other three albums to get the same treatment, but that will take ages as the rights issue is quite intricate. They were not released traditionally like A Girl Like Me but in a more intricate collaboration between Universal, Polidor and 19 Records, with different distributers in each country it was released. So it will take quite a while to sort everything!

+Quote this post
Voodoo
post 10th March 2021, 05:25 PM
Post #374
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 5,829
QUOTE(Mr.X @ Mar 10 2021, 06:56 PM) *
Virgin already did that with A Girl Like Me, as it was announced last year that the album was now available on streaming world wide. Now we need the other three albums to get the same treatment, but that will take ages as the rights issue is quite intricate. They were not released traditionally like A Girl Like Me but in a more intricate collaboration between Universal, Polidor and 19 Records, with different distributers in each country it was released. So it will take quite a while to sort everything!

Which different distributors? Both FM & LIM were marketed & distributed internationally by Universal. There were no other record labels involved.

+Quote this post
Mr.X
post 10th March 2021, 07:15 PM
Post #375
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
QUOTE(Voodoo @ Mar 10 2021, 05:25 PM) *
Which different distributors? Both FM & LIM were marketed & distributed internationally by Universal. There were no other record labels involved.

Sorry, I didnt write that very clearly lol

What I meant is that in some countries, different divisions of either of those 3 labels operated, some countries didnt have Universal distributing it, and some didnt have 19 Records, and some didnt have Polidor. So it is almost a case by case scenario, and then it also means that teams have changed/priorities and methods have changed.

It is not a standard procedure where the UK division of the Universal label can simply action it to other countries too, and distribution and rights laws in each country are different. Hence why it takes time - and money - to sort it out.

For instance, in early 2020, Dua Lipa released this video on YouTube with a new mix from her hit Physical which included elements of another hit, New Rules. Due to the issues with rights in different countries around the world over the New Rules rights, she ended up not putting that mix on streaming services at all. And Dua has a huge team and record lable around her, but also has a similar deal like Emma did back in the Free Me/Life in Mono era where it is a 3-way partnership between the artist team and the record label rather than a traditional 360degrees deal (which I assume Emma now had with BMG)

+Quote this post
Mr.X
post 10th March 2021, 07:16 PM
Post #376
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
On another point.... I had a couple of messages with a insider who knows quite a lot of Spice-related stuff and has direct links with the girls, and he wasnt too confident with Emma working on music right now, but he did say that he wasnt 'sure' about it but 'hopes so'....

Oh well..

+Quote this post
sammy01
post 10th March 2021, 07:38 PM
Post #377
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
If you look on kworb even now it has all Spice girls videos as blocked in Serbia, so even a massive band with Universal sorting their catalogue just can't sort the rights for certain things.

As for Emma if she was going to release music I think she has left it too late to do anything before the Spice Girls anniversary now. I'm assuming the girls will have filming commitment dates booked in already for the documentary/goggle box type thing and whatever they might do.

I think all 4 will be pretty quiet this next 2 or 3 months, Melanie wraps up The Voice Kids on Saturday (when the final is being recorded).

+Quote this post
Mr.X
post 18th April 2021, 11:38 PM
Post #378
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Emma is releasing a new book called The Mama’s Book

well.... good for her I guess...

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 19th April 2021, 12:11 AM
Post #379
Group icon
zzz.gif

+Quote this post
masahiro
post 19th April 2021, 03:38 AM
Post #380
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber
User: 39,651
ok, i'll take my second copy of Hear Me Out.

+Quote this post

32 Pages V  « < 17 18 19 20 21 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 23rd April 2024, 06:16 AM