BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

80 Pages V  « < 17 18 19 20 21 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Melanie C • General Discussion
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Blond 2.0
post May 5 2018, 02:50 PM
Post #361
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 39,576
Exciting news I can't wait for this album
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Voodoo
post May 19 2018, 06:12 PM
Post #362
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 5,829
Only two days left until Melanie's 6-nights residency at Boisdale Of Canary Wharf. w00t.gif

QUOTE("InYourArea")
However, the Hampstead resident is full of nothing but excitement for her upcoming residency at Boisdale of Canary Wharf.

The shows from May 21-26 will include Spice Girls hits, some of her back catalogue and songs from her forthcoming album, which she is still in the process of recording.

“It is an environment where we can really experiment and do some things I probably wouldn’t do in one of my larger gigs,” said Melanie who has co-written 11 UK Number 1s, more than any other female artist in chart history.

“It’s something quite bespoke. I will be working with my full band but more acoustically.

“I’m really looking forward to it because it won’t be like any other performance I will be doing this year.”

The title, release date and style of the album remain a mystery but Melanie did reveal it would be a more “stripped back” and “traditional” sound.

“With each record I have tried to do something different,” she said.

“My last one was more electronic than anything I’ve ever done and I loved it but it’s nice to move on.

“This time it will be a little bit more exposed vocally which lends itself perfectly to how I would like the performance to be at Boisdale.”

She added: “I can’t give too much away just yet but I hope it will be out some time in 2018.

“We’ve also booked lots of shows and festivals. Sometimes in the past when working on albums I have disappeared, locked myself away but I’m doing it in tandem this time which is nice because I have missed the performance side.”

It is two decades since she began her solo career by singing with Bryan Adams on When You’re Gone and she has gone on to sell 20million records world wide and said she “can’t imagine not doing music”.

She said: “I feel so fortunate my time with the Spice Girls enabled me to go on and continue to work in music.

“It really is a career where you can go on until the and of your days.

“Hopefully that’s the plan. There have been periods of my life when I have not done it as much and have felt like a big part of me is missing.”

Melanie said she will also remain forever a Spice Girl at heart.

“I will always be Sporty Spice,” she said.

“She’s definitely in there. When we reunited in 2007 it had been such a long time I wondered how I would get on stage and sing Wannabe.

“As soon as the music started it appeared from nowhere and I think that will always be the way.

“We will be old grannies jumping around like lunatics.”

However she said she “hates” huge arena tours and is much more excited about performing in Canary Wharf.

“With it being stripped back as a vocalist I will be able to hear everything and be more expressive because I won’t be fighting over the band,” she said.

“It’s one of my most favourite ways to perform.”

These days being sporty is much more than her moniker – it helps keep her ready to perform, physically and mentally.

“Modern life is definitely very stressful and we are all rushing around trying to fit everything in and seeing everyone’s perfect life on Instagram,” she said.

“I have what I call my little toolkit, which is how I learnt to stay healthy and take care of myself. It’s eating well, exercising regularly, not drinking too much, getting plenty of sleep.

“The real basics of looking after yourself.

“Talking therapies are really good, obviously medication works for some, not all.

“It is finding what works for you. Instinctively we know but sometimes when you are feeling down it can be hard to be kind to yourself. But that is the best medicine.”

Her nine-year-old daughter is also a big inspiration, getting her back into chart music “I love Dua Lipa”, keeping her ground “I’m just her embarrassing mum” and remaining the person she wants to make proud.

“To be honest she has more girl power than I ever had and she is really opinionated and knows what she wants 100% – I’m very proud of that,” said Melanie.

“Your mum is your number one role model so it’s a big responsibility. She made me be better to myself, to take more responsibility for myself because I wanted to show her what is the correct way to be treated as a women in this world.”

She added: “Girl Power means the same to me now as when we started out. We felt there was sexism in the industry and wanted to prove everybody wrong.

“That evolved because we had lots of fans that were girls and guys and it became about empowerment and individuality and that’s a very positive legacy I’m proud the Spice Girls have left.”

So what about all the rumours around the Spice Girls reunion?

“There’s no plans for any performances together,” said Melanie.

“We just talked about the future and with the legacy of the Spice Girls its important for us to continue that for future generations. We’re figuring out how we do that.

“We are all mums and have moved on and some of us are in very different industries now. When we came together originally all the stars aligned and we had this shared vision.

“I think we have different ambitions now so it is quite difficult. Then we were in our early 20s and the band was our absolute priority. Now our families come first so it would be difficult to recapture that moment.

“That’s not to say we couldn’t.”

Boisdale Of Canary Wharf, May 21-26, from £45 or £85 with dinner up to £175 for a VIP package.

Go to boisdale.co.uk for more information.

Source: https://www.inyourarea.co.uk/news/mel-c-rev...ndon-residency/

+Quote this post
Babyboy
post May 22 2018, 11:17 AM
Post #363
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 39,611
The album will be a cover one.
Gosh...

+Quote this post
ryc82
post May 23 2018, 11:10 AM
Post #364
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber
User: 9,832
She's doing 2 albums. Did she do any new songs does anyone know?

+Quote this post
Acronym
post May 23 2018, 11:29 AM
Post #365
Group icon
New Entry
User: 70,113
^ Unfortunately, she did not do any new song and mentioned the album she's working on is a covers album. Slightly less exciting if this is what she's been working on with Youth...

The setlist for the first show she did this week was the following :
Anymore
Never Be the Same Again
Something for the Fire
The One I Love (R.E.M. cover)
Northern Star
Dear Life
Toxic (Britney Spears cover)
Sing It Back (Moloko cover)
When You're Gone
2 Become 1
I Turn to You

+Quote this post
pippa
post May 23 2018, 03:07 PM
Post #366
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 14,031
Another covers is a disappointing direction for her.

+Quote this post
ryc82
post May 23 2018, 04:02 PM
Post #367
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber
User: 9,832
Thanks, if these are covers that will be on the album then I'm not sure I'm interested at all.

+Quote this post
Blond 2.0
post May 23 2018, 06:09 PM
Post #368
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Why covers why

+Quote this post
vibe
post May 23 2018, 08:19 PM
Post #369
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 11,763
I can understand why she is doing it . VOM massively bombed !!

Covers allows her to keep booking festivals etc .

I am going to boisdale on Friday , her version of the R.E.M. track and Moloko is very good.
She also covered human brilliantly , cheap thrills and shape of you last year .

+Quote this post
Blond 2.0
post May 24 2018, 06:37 PM
Post #370
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
What about the other album GH or what ????

+Quote this post
vibe
post May 25 2018, 06:28 AM
Post #371
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
I think she is put off from doing a GH because she will have to license her big hits from Virgin.

Sad , I mean how expensive can it be .

+Quote this post
McAndrew
post May 25 2018, 08:17 AM
Post #372
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 39,551
I'm worried that a covers album won't get many people excited. As much as I love her 'Do You Really Want To Hurt Me'.

VOM was Melanie's highest charting album since 2005. I'd say it's a good indication of where she could develop from musically. I certainly wouldn't say it massively bombed.

I'd like to see Melanie find a middle ground between VOM and The Sea, whilst keeping it contemporary and relevant.

Also, maybe throw in a Spice Girls sample, to capitalise on the 90's nostalgia moment.

But if it has to be a covers album...

A Girl Power collaborations cover album would be exciting (a la Tom Jones 'Reload').

Featuring the likes of MØ, Dua Lipa, Charlie XCX, Zara Larsson, Alma, Years & Years, Little Mix and/or some of the other spices... All reworking girl power bangers from yesteryear.

But... I'm dreaming.

This post has been edited by Michael Andrew: May 25 2018, 11:16 AM

+Quote this post
Blond 2.0
post May 25 2018, 06:00 PM
Post #373
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
So it won't be Stages 2.0 just covers and remixes of popular songs Like Toxic etc..

+Quote this post
sammy01
post May 25 2018, 07:36 PM
Post #374
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 9,988
An acoustic covers album, is it any wonder she has about 5 fans left. Who on earth was asking for or wants that?

Who is her target market? Her die hard fans want new original music and her voice isn't most people's cup of tea so I can imagine anyone from the general public saying she has ruined their fave song should they ever hear any.

This seems such a budget release with no artistry or creativity.

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post May 25 2018, 09:45 PM
Post #375
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Pronouns: he/him
User: 3,217
At least Stages was understandable as a concept/project (even though it wasn't ultimately my cup of tea). This idea of covering some random modern hits for the hell of it though, I'm not here for it and can't picture it being any good.

She has a unique voice, and applying it to other people's songs doesn't usually work. I wasn't particularly keen on her version of Human and I disliked her Cheap Thrills cover.

+Quote this post
vibe
post May 26 2018, 12:45 PM
Post #376
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
I think she maybe doing strictly , release the album after the exposure form the show .

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post May 26 2018, 01:39 PM
Post #377
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,568
I think she'd do well on Strictly but I highly doubt she is doing it. Also if she was then releasing an original album would surely be much better? I can understand a Stages esque release after Strictly but this???

I'll give it a go but I can't see it being amazing...

+Quote this post
Blond 2.0
post May 26 2018, 05:58 PM
Post #378
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Who told her to do this LOL her toxic cover was kinda cute also her version of too much but that's it I don't need a whole album of this thinking.gif

+Quote this post
vibe
post May 27 2018, 05:47 AM
Post #379
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
I went to her show this week and she mentioned strictly hence why I think she may of signed on.

I know she has always said no to it .

It did wonders for SEB career after .

This post has been edited by vibe: May 27 2018, 05:48 AM

+Quote this post
Voodoo
post May 27 2018, 03:04 PM
Post #380
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 5,829
QUOTE(vibe @ May 27 2018, 08:47 AM) *
I went to her show this week and she mentioned strictly hence why I think she may of signed on.

I know she has always said no to it .

It did wonders for SEB career after .

Do you remember what she exactly said in regards to SCD? I would love for her to finally do it. wub.gif

+Quote this post

80 Pages V  « < 17 18 19 20 21 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 05:33 PM