BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
14 Pages V  « < 12 13 14  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Eurovision Song Contest 2016 · Semi Final One, BBC Four at 8pm BST, also live on YouTube and Eurovision.tv
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
diva thin muffin
post 11th May 2016, 11:25 AM
Post #261
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Pronouns: he/him
User: 12,837

Saw this on reddit heehee.gif

Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
diva thin muffin
post 11th May 2016, 11:34 AM
Post #262
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Some of the funniest reactions I saw on reddit:

"Whever I hear the Austrian song I just wanna sing along. Unfortunately I'm lacking in French skills and/or alcohol." - andrew2209

"If they keep making these 20 second sequences of the artist strolling around their own country it's only a matter of time till the whole of San Marino has been filmed and played at the Eurovision." - ConstantJoe

"Draco Malfoy, representing Estonia" - origin_of_species_

"Whenever they show the logo the only thing I see is this IKEA lamp." - AnnaCovey

"Bosnia looks like they've just lost an unconventional materials challenge on Project Runway" - RitaMenweep

"The 10 seconds of silence [in The Netherland's performance] was massively underwhelming." - 362436ddddc

"New drinking game: take a shot everytime its mentioned that its a Swedish songwriter" - khraider

"Dutch commentator was brutal: she believes in miracles, so let's hope she won't sing false today." - Liveonish

"Spain is like chlamydia. It's so catchy." - hobz462

"Please do some Moldovan things for us, run around a lake, bake some bread, smile with sadness in your eyes" - KubaBVB09

"Austria's dress is pretty, but I feel like I'm in a perfume commercial." - takhana

"Nooooo! Estonia. My favourite serial killer won't be in the final. sad.gif" - LF1MUBRSneedtank

"Australian commentator: '10 seconds of silence, is it enough?'" - mrawesomeness8

+Quote this post
zeze88
post 11th May 2016, 11:36 AM
Post #263
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 18,169

QUOTE(jafetsigfinns @ May 11 2016, 11:25 AM) *
Saw this on reddit heehee.gif

Excellent! biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
RobBot
post 11th May 2016, 12:27 PM
Post #264
Group icon
I'm in a vewy bad mood, Bwadley.
User: 7,117

01 Azerbaijan: Samra - Miracle / 9/10
02 Cyprus: Minus One - Alter Ego / 8.5/10

03 Iceland: Greta Salome - Hear Them Calling / 8/10
04 Hungary: Freddie - Pioneer / 8/10
05 Malta: Ira Losco - Walk On Water / 8/10

06 Moldova: Lidia Isac - Falling Stars / 8/10
07 Russia: Sergey Lazarev - You Are The Only One / 7/10
08 Finland: Sandhja - Sing It Away / 7/10
09 Austria: ZOE - Loin d'ici / 7/10
10 Armenia: Iveta Mukuchyan - LoveWave / 6.5/10

---------------
11 Czech Republic: Gabriela Gunčíková - I Stand / 6.5/10
12 Montenegro: Highway - The Real Thing / 6.5/10
13 Bosnia & Herzegovina: Dalal & Deen ft. Ana Rucner & Jala - Ljubav je / 5.5/10
14 The Netherlands: Douwe Bob - Slow Down / 5/10
15 San Marino: Serhat - I Didn't Know / 5/10
16 Greece: Argo - Utopian Land / 4.5/10
17 Croatia: Nina Kraljic - Lighthouse / 4/10

7/10 isn't bad! Iceland the only big loss for me. Even though she was only 9th in the rankings, if I think about what I want to go back and listen to, Austria was definitely one of the most charming of the night, very likeable. I was happy for the Czechs making it through too, even though they weren't in my chosen 10.

+Quote this post
Klumzee
post 11th May 2016, 02:10 PM
Post #265
Group icon
#TeamAnneMarie
User: 11,421

Just caught up with all the results, as with everyone I'm surprised and gutted that Iceland are out but the performance could've been a lot better and the 'screen' thing was done better by Russia and Sweden already, good song though!

I've got a hunch that Austria are going to surprise us, thinking Kedvesem in 2011, certainly with the second half placement! Also Azeri vocals weren't that bad? I mean they weren't the best but the song was strong enough and they didn't detract from the performance as much as Finland and Moldova.

+Quote this post
Mart!n
post 11th May 2016, 02:35 PM
Post #266
Group icon
Infamy Infamy they all got it in for me
User: 2

Best entries of the night has to be Russia, Austria, Azerbaijan (Not bad could grow on me), Croatia (hoping to win, I really love Croatia's entry) and Malta (which really sounded like a Jess Glynne track to me). Overall though I really thought Iceland's entry was the best of the lot in my opinion, how on earth did that completely miss blink.gif

And I bet Armenia and Azerbaijan will give 12 points to each other in the final nocheer.gif nothing new there.

And did San Marino run out of singers, is that the best they could send. laugh.gif

+Quote this post
AdamAloud
post 11th May 2016, 02:36 PM
Post #267
Group icon
I was born 7 million years ago in Sweden, Africa
User: 11,955

QUOTE(Mart!n @ May 11 2016, 03:35 PM) *
And I bet Armenia and Azerbaijan will give 12 points to each other in the final nocheer.gif nothing new there.

I bet you Ł50,000,000 they don't.

+Quote this post
diva thin muffin
post 11th May 2016, 02:39 PM
Post #268
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(Mart!n @ May 11 2016, 02:35 PM) *

lmao I really hope you're joking biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
Mart!n
post 11th May 2016, 02:58 PM
Post #269
Group icon

Could Jedward represent San Marino next year unsure.gif

+Quote this post
Mart!n
post 11th May 2016, 02:59 PM
Post #270
Group icon

QUOTE(jafetsigfinns @ May 11 2016, 12:34 PM) *
Some of the funniest reactions I saw on reddit:

"Dutch commentator was brutal: she believes in miracles, so let's hope she won't sing false today." - Liveonish

"Spain is like chlamydia. It's so catchy." - hobz462

laugh.gif sorry I just couldn't resist, best one liners I've read today.

+Quote this post
Umi
post 11th May 2016, 03:24 PM
Post #271
Group icon
All I See br29
User: 14,659

QUOTE(Klumzee @ May 11 2016, 03:10 PM) *
Also Azeri vocals weren't that bad? I mean they weren't the best but the song was strong enough and they didn't detract from the performance as much as Finland and Moldova.

Agreed. She had a couple of shaky points (was like "Here it goes" when she opened the first chorus) but overall she really didn't struggle that much - her rehearsals were much worse. To me the main problem with the performance was the constant smiling. You're supposed to be devastated about your relationship going to shit, look angry!

+Quote this post
Ryan.
post 11th May 2016, 04:43 PM
Post #272
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 12,608

Official statement from the EBU regarding Armenia's actions yesterday:

The EBU and the Reference Group, the governing body of the Eurovision Song Contest, strongly condemn the brandishing of the Nagorno-Karabakh flag in the Green Room during the live transmission of the first Semi Final on 10 May and considers the flag's appearance in the transmission harmful to the Eurovision Song Contest brand.

The Reference Group has decided to sanction Armenian broadcaster, AMPTV, in accordance with the Rules. The nature of the sanction will be determined, at the latest, by the next Reference Group meeting in June.

We are acutely aware of the tense situation in the Nagorno-Karabakh region, and the ongoing tensions between Armenia and Azerbaijan. We consider the appearance of a flag of a highly disputed territory in the live transmission a serious breach of Rule 1.2.2h of the 2016 Eurovision Song Contest stating that "no messages promoting any organisation, institution, political cause or other, company, brand, products or services shall be allowed in the Shows".

Furthermore, the EBU has imposed a zero-tolerance policy towards the Armenian delegation with regards to breaching the Rules of the 2016 Eurovision Song Contest, in particular in relation to the aforementioned incident.

The Reference Group wishes to point out that any further breach of the Rules of the 2016 Eurovision Song Contest could lead to disqualification from this year's event or any successive editions.

http://eurovoix.com/2016/05/11/armenia-ebu...-flag-incident/

+Quote this post
Ryan.
post 11th May 2016, 11:51 PM
Post #273
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 12,608

Just re-watched the show on YouTube without the BBC commentary and I have to say I was amazed by 'The Grey People' interval act. I wasn't sure what to expect but it was so tastefully done, very moving and the ending gave me goosebumps. Shame on the BBC that thought it was a better idea to have Mel Giedroyc flirting with some of the contestants in a sketch rather than show this.

I do love the little Mel and Sarah Dawn Finer inserts that we had but put them on the red button or on the website or as a little 10 minute intro before the show starts, don't force us to watch them instead of the interval acts that are supposed to be for us. I'm not surprised the BBC are receiving criticism from some media outlets, I really don't know why they have to do this every single year especially with intervals acts as good as this one was.

+Quote this post
Silas
post 12th May 2016, 07:31 AM
Post #274
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474

The BBCs coverage is so poor. They insist on giving that dr Eurovision twat airtime, don't show most of the interval and then slag off half the show and voting. Coverage damages the nations view of the contest. The media is the reason we don't take this seriously anymore

+Quote this post

14 Pages V  « < 12 13 14
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 07:11 AM