BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> km air changing labels //
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
jark
post Oct 9 2014, 02:44 PM
Post #1
Group icon
something you consider rare
User: 2,990
As confirmed by THP on sayhey, Kylie's contract with Parlophone is done and she is not re-signing. It was recently rumoured she would go to Virgin.

Exciting times in Camp KM.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post Oct 9 2014, 03:32 PM
Post #2
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51
All that vehement denying she did on Twitter. laugh.gif

They've made major cock-ups at certain points within the past three album campaigns so hopefully the new label can execute an era competently (even if it is too late now).

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post Oct 9 2014, 03:44 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 12,472
This is good news indeed. She's had an incredible run with Parlophone but it's definitely time for a change - how Kiss Me Once was received kinda proves that.

Obviously I wouldn't want Kylie to move far away from the sound we all love her for, but I'd definitely like to see her work with a record company that were more adventurous, and it would be great if she could have some songs that really showed off her vocal ability.

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post Oct 9 2014, 04:50 PM
Post #4
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Pronouns: he/him
User: 3,217
Good news I think. She's had a generally fantastic run with them over the last 15 years, but I feel like they've done everything they can for her now. Will be interesting to see what Kylie's next step is!

+Quote this post
slowdown73
post Oct 9 2014, 05:36 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 1,031
I really hope this is true and she is leaving Parlophone. While they have done a lot for her career, during the last couple of era's there have been many mistakes such as releasing the wrong singles and giving up on the Aphrodite album so quickly was a massive mistake. The only thing they got right was light years, fever and ultimate era. She also needs to ditch the Jay Z management cos this whole "sex kylie" image thing just doesn't suit her at all.

This post has been edited by slowdown73: Oct 9 2014, 05:43 PM

+Quote this post
pippa
post Oct 9 2014, 05:44 PM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 14,031
I would welcome this news. Parlophone and Kylie done well together for many years but its time to move on. Kylie needs a fresh energetic team behind her now for her to continue achieving the success she has come accustomed to. Kiss Me Once is a weak album and generally received poorly by her fans. Her last 3 albums have not been handled well, messy single release that appeared to have no marketing strategy behind them what so ever and as a result under performed.

Kylie does not need a complete change in sound, she needs to stick to what she is good at but do it well with strong single choices, which in my opinion we have not had since the wonderfully fantastic All The Lovers.

Does the end of her contract result in a new greatest hits, isnt that what generally happens. Not that we need one, but if it happens they need to release a greatest hits will all her parlophone hits only with one or 2 new songs. The best of released was not done well and had nothing to offer.

+Quote this post
Regina
post Oct 9 2014, 06:12 PM
Post #7
Group icon
Raining Shitter
User: 5,572
QUOTE(slowdown73 @ Oct 9 2014, 06:36 PM) *
I really hope this is true and she is leaving Parlophone. While they have done a lot for her career, during the last couple of era's there have been many mistakes such as releasing the wrong singles and giving up on the Aphrodite album so quickly was a massive mistake. The only thing they got right was light years, fever and ultimate era. She also needs to ditch the Jay Z management cos this whole "sex kylie" image thing just doesn't suit her at all.

I really doubt she is being forced into the "sex Kylie" image by Roc Nation, besides, she's been Sexlie for years.

+Quote this post
Red Blooded Man
post Oct 10 2014, 11:49 AM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 822
I will only believe when she signs the contract, don't want to get over-excited.

+Quote this post
Regina
post Oct 12 2014, 06:53 PM
Post #9
Group icon
Raining Shitter
User: 5,572
She should just set up her own record company really, let her just do what she wants, at this point in her career, she has little to prove, much like Vadge.

+Quote this post
Red Blooded Man
post Oct 13 2014, 02:14 PM
Post #10
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 822
QUOTE(Regina @ Oct 13 2014, 02:53 AM) *
She should just set up her own record company really, let her just do what she wants, at this point in her career, she has little to prove, much like Vadge.

I second that. She can do a Pet Shop Boys.

+Quote this post
SmileyKylie
post Oct 13 2014, 07:26 PM
Post #11
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 20,515
KM Records!

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 12:06 AM