BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

16 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Spice Girls • Rarities and Demos Lists, What we have and what we know exists
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Mr.X
post Nov 25 2020, 11:14 PM
Post #1
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 39,587
   No Gallery Pics

Hey Buzzjack Spice Gang (wouldnt that be a good moniker for the fandom?!) wub.gif

The girls have such a small discography, it is always interesting to know what else they have done that never got to see the (proper) light of day. Plus, we know that the fandom would like to have more unreleased music at some point acknowleged by the group in an official capacity.

Can we compile a list of all the songs that we know exist and demos out there, to keep it all in one place? I will keep adding more as they come in and as you reply here.

SPICE GIRLS

UNRELEASED DEMOS

Touch era

Is This Love (leaked)
Walking on Air (leaked)
Do You Think About Me? (leaked)
Just One of Those Days
Sugar & Spice (clip leaked)
Melody of Life (clips leaked)
Don't Break My Heart (leaked)
Don't Wanna Be (leaked)
Don't Look Back
We're Gonna Make It Happen (performed in Raw Spice documentary)
Take Me Away (performed in Raw Spice documentary)
I Want You, I Need You (performed in Raw Spice documentary)

Unreleased Spice Era Demos

Pleasin' Me
Likely Stories aka C U Next Tuesday (leaked, no longer available on YouTube)
Serial Killer
Seven Days
Perfect Vision (clip leaked)
Strong Enough (leaked)
Overnight (1995 demo)*

Say You'll Be There (demo with the rap, confirmed in Mel C's book)
2 Become 1 (leaked)

Unreleased Spiceworld Sessions Demos

Image & Likeness
Dingeling
Are You My Friend?

Leader of The Gang (produced by Biffco according to the end credits of Spice World movie)
Sound Off/Military Cadence (produced by Biffco according to the end credits of Spice World movie)

Leaked demos of Spiceworld era released tracks

Can't Stay Tonight (Mel C-led demo leaked)

Unreleased Forever Demos

A Day In Your Life (leaked)
Right Back At Ya (leaked)
Pain Proof (leaked)
Give You What You Want (leaked)
W.O.M.A.N. (clip played on Before The Big One Documentary & performed live at the Christmas in Spiceworld Tour)
Too Hot
Treasure
Go Go Go (clip leaked, no longer available on youtube)
Overnight (1999 demo)*
If Ya Do (recorded by Emma and Mel C with Jimmy Jam + Terry Lewis in Autumn 1998, mentioned by Emma Bunton)

Unreleased Greatest Hits demos

Spice Is Back
Angels

Unreleased GEM-era demos

Song for Her (leaked)
I Still Got It

OFFICIALLY RELEASED DEMOS

Spice25 era

Wannabe (listen)
Feed Your Love (listen)
Last Time Lover (listen)
Love Thing (listen)
If You Can't Dance (listen)
Who Do You Think You Are (listen)

Spiceworld 25 era

Step To Me (listen)

Other non-era specific tracks

Boyfriend/girlfriend (duet with Blackstreet Boys, confirmed by a tape being found in Mel C's storage unit)

RUMOURED UNRELEASED TRACKS

1995 - 1996

Mentions of the following rumoured tracks were found on this website: http://spicechronology.atspace.com/spice.html

All We Need Is A Miracle
Hard To Kill
In Your Face
Inside Out
Expose

Walk The Same Line (link)

1998 - 2000
Holiday (cover)
Sisters Are Doing It For Themselves (cover)
Get Out Of Your Head
Saturday
Thank You
If Ya Do (featuring Janet Jackson)

* Overnight is stated both as a 1995 Spice demo, and a 1999 Forever demo. Melanie C confirmed it was a track written and recorded by the group in her autobiography, and that it is about a sex worker. Biff mentioned in this video that Overnight was written in 1995 during the first sessions he did with the band. However, he also posted a picture on his instagram with a 1999 demo tape which included a bunch of Forever demos, which included Overnight. Therefore, there might be two versions of the song, one with the 5-piece original band and one with the 4-piece 1999 line up of the band.

Emma Bunton

A Girl Like Me

Leaked demos of A Girl Like Me released songs
Been There, Done That (demo)

Leaked demos of A Girl Like Me unreleased songs
To Have And To Have Let Go (leaked)

Unreleased/unleaked A Girl Like Me songs
Here And Now
I Depend On You
Just The Two Of Us (a.k.a. Two Of Us)
Let Them All Talk
Memory Lane
Passionate Witness
Reasons
Tu No Me Conoces
Window To Your Soul
No Love
Better Off Alone

Free Me

Leaked demos of released songs

Maybe (leaked)
Tomorrow (leaked)
Something So Beautiful (leaked)

Leaked demos of Free Me unreleased songs

Crazy Beautiful (leaked)

Unreleased/unleaked Free Me songs

Addicted To You
All That I Want
Don’t Keep Me Holding On
Don’t Let Me Sleep (a.k.a. Sleep)
Everytime
I Do
I’ve Fallen In Love
Life's What You Make Of It
Never Gonna Make Me Fall
No Place Like My Home
One Thing I Know (later released by S Club 8)
This Is The Reason
The Last Time

Life in Mono

I’m Not Crying Over Yesterdays (leaked, inc in Life in Mono sampler album, no longer available on Youtube)
Undressing You (unmastered demo leaked)

Demos of Life in Mono unreleased songs
Rhapsody (leaked)
Crazy (leaked)
In Another Life (leaked)
Ladylike (leaked)
Secrets (leaked)
That’s What It Hurts (leaked)

Unreleased/Unleaked Life in Mono songs

Fiesta D’Amore
Can’t See It
Love It When We Do It That Way
Mais Oui
Oh No
Sneaking Out Her Bed
September Song
Sex Ain’t Love
Totally Uncontrolable (later recorded by artist Paulini)
The Last Time
Bao En
Come Whatever
Disappear With You
Eyes Shut
Me And My A’more
O Que Aconteceu
Passionate Witness
Stop (not a Spice cover)
Take Some Time
The Real Me
Together And Alone
Tu No Me Conoces
Yours Unfaithfully
Window To Your Soul

Other released songs
I Don't Know (Emma features on Damage's single)
Sophisticated Lady (Backing vocals only, B-side of Mel B's single “World Up”)
Sometimes (Chicken Shed charity album, 2002)

Rumoured recordings
Don’t Go Breaking My Heart (with Ronan Keating)
Burnt Out And Falling (later recorded by Lisa Scott-Lee)

Add any more that we know below and I will include them here! w00t.gif

This post has been edited by Mr.X: Mar 20 2024, 12:19 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mr.X
post Nov 25 2020, 11:16 PM
Post #2
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

Do we know if they ever even actually recorded:

- Are You My Friend? (Unreleased Spiceworld Sessions Demo, later released by another artist in German - cant remember the name in German)
- The George Michael song in 2007?
- Boyfriend/Girlfriend wth Blackstreet
- Holiday (rumoured for what was to be the covers/duet 3rd album)
- We Are Family (rumoured for what was to be the covers/duet 3rd album)

Are we allowed to post youtube links for the ltracks listed here?

+Quote Post
Sideout
post Nov 25 2020, 11:34 PM
Post #3
BuzzJack Regular
Member No.: 113,700
   No Gallery Pics

Pleasin' Me - Spice
Likely Stories AKA C U Next Tuesday - Spice
Can't Stay Tonight - Spiceworld
Leader of The Gang - Spiceworld (produced by Biffco according to the end credits of Spice World movie)
Sound Off/Military Cadence - Spiceworld (produced by Absolute according to the end credits of Spice World movie)

Just One of Those Days - Touch
Sugar & Spice - Touch
Melody of Life - Touch
Don't Break My Heart - Touch (leaked)
Don't Wanna Be - Touch (leaked)
Don't Look Back - Touch
We're Gonna Make It Happen - Touch
Take Me Away - Touch
I Want You, I Need You - Touch

+Quote Post
Mr.X
post Nov 25 2020, 11:50 PM
Post #4
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Sideout @ Nov 26 2020, 12:34 AM) *
Pleasin' Me - Spice
Likely Stories AKA C U Next Tuesday - Spice
Can't Stay Tonight - Spiceworld
Leader of The Gang - Spiceworld (produced by Biffco according to the end credits of Spice World movie)
Sound Off/Military Cadence - Spiceworld (produced by Absolute according to the end credits of Spice World movie)

Just One of Those Days - Touch
Sugar & Spice - Touch
Melody of Life - Touch
Don't Break My Heart - Touch (leaked)
Don't Wanna Be - Touch (leaked)
Don't Look Back - Touch
We're Gonna Make It Happen - Touch
Take Me Away - Touch
I Want You, I Need You - Touch

Thanks, added cheer.gif

+Quote Post
Mr.X
post Nov 25 2020, 11:53 PM
Post #5
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

There's 48 tracks just on this list, and Im sure there might be a few more in the vaults that we never heard of (just like the 4 forever demos when they leaked, we didnt know about them before that date, lol)

So, girls.... plenty to choose from for a Spice special re-release next year funky.gif tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Piers
post Nov 26 2020, 03:46 AM
Post #6
BuzzJack Regular
Member No.: 69,521
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Mr.X @ Nov 25 2020, 06:16 PM) *
Do we know if they ever even actually recorded:

- Are You My Friend? (Unreleased Spiceworld Sessions Demo, later released by another artist in German - cant remember the name in German)
- The George Michael song in 2007?
- Boyfriend/Girlfriend wth Blackstreet
- Holiday (rumoured for what was to be the covers/duet 3rd album)
- We Are Family (rumoured for what was to be the covers/duet 3rd album)

I may have talked about it before...but Girlfriend/Boyfriend has always been especially interesting to me.

I remember way back in mid-1998, MTV reported Teddy Riley had offered the song to the girls. As far as I can tell, everything after that has been tabloid speculation. Besides fan sites claiming it, do we actually know the girls recorded it? I'm fairly sure none of them have ever addressed that song in interviews. A clip leaked back then that was an obvious fake.

Granted, Teddy Riley did go on to work with Mel B on Hot. She described him as being hard to work with...with a bad attitude and a lot of preconceived notions about her. To me...this doesn't especially sound like she had a prior working relationship with him from a Girlfriend/Boyfriend session.

I guess it's always possible they didn't record it (or their recording was dumped) when two of the girls got pregnant and the group went on a hiatus (the song was eventually released in May '99 when the group would've been pretty unlikely to shoot a new video or promote it).

One last thing. Anything else remember these rumored lyrics floating around in 1999? "Sugar and Spice, naughty and nice, glitter and ice, entice, Spice up your life not your baby's mom or wife." They sound pretty made up to me.

+Quote Post
dachiki
post Nov 26 2020, 05:06 AM
Post #7
BuzzJack Regular
Member No.: 78,056
   No Gallery Pics

If ya do (forever session)

+Quote Post
Mr.X
post Nov 26 2020, 10:23 AM
Post #8
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Piers @ Nov 26 2020, 04:46 AM) *
I may have talked about it before...but Girlfriend/Boyfriend has always been especially interesting to me.

I remember way back in mid-1998, MTV reported Teddy Riley had offered the song to the girls. As far as I can tell, everything after that has been tabloid speculation. Besides fan sites claiming it, do we actually know the girls recorded it? I'm fairly sure none of them have ever addressed that song in interviews. A clip leaked back then that was an obvious fake.

Granted, Teddy Riley did go on to work with Mel B on Hot. She described him as being hard to work with...with a bad attitude and a lot of preconceived notions about her. To me...this doesn't especially sound like she had a prior working relationship with him from a Girlfriend/Boyfriend session.

I guess it's always possible they didn't record it (or their recording was dumped) when two of the girls got pregnant and the group went on a hiatus (the song was eventually released in May '99 when the group would've been pretty unlikely to shoot a new video or promote it).

One last thing. Anything else remember these rumored lyrics floating around in 1999? "Sugar and Spice, naughty and nice, glitter and ice, entice, Spice up your life not your baby's mom or wife." They sound pretty made up to me.

Yeah that sounds pretty made up to me too lol hence why I didnt want to include it in the list as I am pretty sure this was all a rumour (and didnt someone close to them really debunk it anyway?)...

I also remember that people refered to Janet singing 'there's some spice in this' lyric as a left over lyric from the Spice version lol

+Quote Post
Piers
post Nov 26 2020, 03:11 PM
Post #9
BuzzJack Regular
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Mr.X @ Nov 26 2020, 05:23 AM) *
Yeah that sounds pretty made up to me too lol hence why I didnt want to include it in the list as I am pretty sure this was all a rumour (and didnt someone close to them really debunk it anyway?)...

I also remember that people refered to Janet singing 'there's some spice in this' lyric as a left over lyric from the Spice version lol

I mean. Who knows. It might be?

I think in all likelihood, the girls did get offered the song by Riley. That part was reported by MTV...and I think everything MTV said about the girls back then turned out to be real or at least something that was genuinely in the pipeline. I'm just not convinced the group ever recorded it or even accepted the offer. Maybe that was part of the reason Riley was so sour to Mel B? He was trying to get the group for a project and only got a single member instead?

I did always think one part of the story was especially odd...it was intended for the South Park movie soundtrack? That soundtrack ended up only having songs from the movie itself (which was a musical). What seems slightly more likely is that the song could have been for South Park's Chef Aid album released at the end of 1998...which did have a few big artists on it.

Anyway. It's got my curiosity, but I don't think the girls not being on the song is any great loss. I like pretty much all of Forever better than Girlfriend/Boyfriend. I also think the song was a bit below Janet's usual standard in that time too. The old music video's a bit of a curiosity. Parts of it are actually quite creative and still look cool, but it's like they run out of money or effort or something at a a certain point.

+Quote Post
Mr.X
post Nov 26 2020, 06:13 PM
Post #10
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Piers @ Nov 26 2020, 03:11 PM) *
I mean. Who knows. It might be?

I think in all likelihood, the girls did get offered the song by Riley. That part was reported by MTV...and I think everything MTV said about the girls back then turned out to be real or at least something that was genuinely in the pipeline. I'm just not convinced the group ever recorded it or even accepted the offer. Maybe that was part of the reason Riley was so sour to Mel B? He was trying to get the group for a project and only got a single member instead?

I did always think one part of the story was especially odd...it was intended for the South Park movie soundtrack? That soundtrack ended up only having songs from the movie itself (which was a musical). What seems slightly more likely is that the song could have been for South Park's Chef Aid album released at the end of 1998...which did have a few big artists on it.

Anyway. It's got my curiosity, but I don't think the girls not being on the song is any great loss. I like pretty much all of Forever better than Girlfriend/Boyfriend. I also think the song was a bit below Janet's usual standard in that time too. The old music video's a bit of a curiosity. Parts of it are actually quite creative and still look cool, but it's like they run out of money or effort or something at a a certain point.

Oh I forgot about that South Park thing and it does make sense. Maybe the fact that it wasnt the best song ever was a deciding factor? I agree that whilst it would have been interesting, it did sound maybe a bit too left field for the Spice Girls. HAVING SAID THAT.... maybe this song being released at the time would have bridged the gap between Goodbye and Forever being released and got the public a bit more used to the R&B sound of Forever...

+Quote Post
Mr.X
post Nov 26 2020, 06:13 PM
Post #11
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(dachiki @ Nov 26 2020, 05:06 AM) *
If ya do (forever session)

Oh I never heard of this one. Do you have references of where to find information about it?

+Quote Post
Piers
post Nov 26 2020, 08:22 PM
Post #12
BuzzJack Regular
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Mr.X @ Nov 26 2020, 01:13 PM) *
Oh I never heard of this one. Do you have references of where to find information about it?

I've heard of If Ya Do as a rumored track too...but I can't seem to find anything about it now. I actually just scrolled through the old SpiceNews site articles from 2000...and didn't spot anything.

Anyway. This was 20 years ago, so I could be off on this. But my memory is that If Ya Do was one of the rumored titles of Forever tracks that emerged in the months before the album release. Supposedly Emma revealed it? I thought some fan sites reported it at the time.

I'm not sure I invest that much faith into the rumor. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think we ever saw writing credits spring up for an If Ya Do. Also...I find it a little unlikely they'd put an If Ya Do and an If You Wanna Have Some Fun on the same album.

There were several odd song rumors floating around before Forever came out. Perhaps the oddest rumor was that a seven minute song called Bye was going to be included...which was mostly going to be them saying goodbye to the fans.

Quick side note. Reading through those old Spice stories from 2000, Victoria and (especially) Mel C were pretty vicious to other acts in pop in *a lot* of interviews. A. Lot. Lol. They certainly didn't like Geri...

This post has been edited by Piers: Nov 26 2020, 08:27 PM

+Quote Post
dachiki
post Nov 26 2020, 10:37 PM
Post #13
BuzzJack Regular
   No Gallery Pics

I had read this on Denden forum before

+Quote Post
Piers
post Nov 27 2020, 12:16 AM
Post #14
BuzzJack Regular
   No Gallery Pics

As for the George Michael song, I don't think they ever recorded that either.

Supposedly, Michael's writing partner told a radio interview December Song was originally meant for the girls' Greatest Hits album...but they missed the deadline to submit it.

A collab between Michael and the girls would seem like a great idea on paper, but the song seems quite wrong for the group. It's pretty overtly religious and a downer.

Their Greatest Hits period is quite an odd time it seems. George Michael writes a song. Mel C's guitarist writes a song. Ne-Yo is asked to participate. But we end up with two Biffo tracks.

+Quote Post
-Jay-
post Nov 27 2020, 01:31 AM
Post #15
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 3,217

QUOTE(Piers @ Nov 26 2020, 08:22 PM) *
Quick side note. Reading through those old Spice stories from 2000, Victoria and (especially) Mel C were pretty vicious to other acts in pop in *a lot* of interviews. A. Lot. Lol. They certainly didn't like Geri...

Ha, I definitely recall that Melanie C really didn't hold back in some interviews. In today's social media age she'd have got so many angry messages from fans drama.gif laugh.gif

By the way, fascinating to see all those songs listed together. I really hope that some of them can find their way onto a rarities album someday... I'll keep dreaming lol.

My contribution to this thread... Say You'll Be There with the rap. Supposedly this exists as a studio version but it's never leaked?

+Quote Post
KM AIR
post Nov 27 2020, 05:34 AM
Post #16
New Entry
Member No.: 114,614
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Piers @ Nov 26 2020, 08:22 PM) *

Ohhh...do tell! which pop acts besides Geri? blink.gif

+Quote Post
dachiki
post Nov 27 2020, 10:24 AM
Post #17
BuzzJack Regular
   No Gallery Pics

On the ultimatespice website we can see this:
- Love Thang (Demo) (12") - 6:27
- Love Thang (Demo) (7") - 3:43
- Love Thang (Demo) (Instrumental) - 3:54
- Love Thang (Demo) (TV) - 3:43

+Quote Post
schizo_spice
post Nov 27 2020, 11:10 AM
Post #18
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 39,574
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(KM AIR @ Nov 27 2020, 05:34 AM) *
Ohhh...do tell! which pop acts besides Geri? blink.gif

Not 2000 but I remember Mel slagging quite a few acts off including newly formed Girls Aloud a few times during the Reason era.

Not a good idea to piss off fans of other acts who may casually buy your records.

+Quote Post
Mr.X
post Nov 27 2020, 01:24 PM
Post #19
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(schizo_spice @ Nov 27 2020, 11:10 AM) *
Not 2000 but I remember Mel slagging quite a few acts off including newly formed Girls Aloud a few times during the Reason era.

Not a good idea to piss off fans of other acts who may casually buy your records.

Actually now that you mention it, Mel C has even more recently consistently been awful about other female acts like Girls Aloud, Little Mix, Rihanna, etc.

And she has always done it about the same thing: women being extravagant/sexual. Hopefully this new found 'freedom' and take on equality does bring her some light on this as it is a shame that she spent most of her career advocating for women's rights whilst simultaneous shitting on other female acts...

She does do come around though, and has made peace and friends with Little Mix for instance...

+Quote Post
Mr.X
post Nov 27 2020, 01:59 PM
Post #20
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

OK I will include only a list of songs we definitely have confirmation of, so no If Ya Do and BlackStreet songs on the list. George's song was clearly never recorded by the girls themselves either so will leave that out.

Jay - THANKS for reminding me about the Say You'll Be There version with the rap! That is one of the holly grails of Spiceworld together with WOMAN and I cant quite believe I forgot about it!!

+Quote Post

16 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:54 AM