BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

37 Pages V  « < 25 26 27 28 29 > »   
This thread is locked.Create a new thread
> RW/What's on TV, Off Topic Chat
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Sydney11
post 26th February 2019, 09:43 PM
Post #521
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 23,135

QUOTE(Laura130262 @ Feb 25 2019, 11:57 PM) *
I don't think we've ever watched this Tess. ohmy.gif

I loved it , loads of twists & turns ...
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Sydney11
post 28th February 2019, 10:56 PM
Post #522
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

+Quote this post
Laura130262
post 1st March 2019, 12:16 AM
Post #523
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 10,265

QUOTE(Sydney11 @ Feb 28 2019, 10:56 PM) *

Sounds fun - I'll be watching smile.gif

+Quote this post
Sydney11
post 3rd March 2019, 01:55 PM
Post #524
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

I watched Notes On A Scandal last night n BBC1 , Cate Blanchett & Judy Dench, Bill Nighy, really good film from 2006

+Quote this post
Laura130262
post 4th March 2019, 12:24 AM
Post #525
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(Sydney11 @ Mar 3 2019, 01:55 PM) *
I watched Notes On A Scandal last night n BBC1 , Cate Blanchett & Judy Dench, Bill Nighy, really good film from 2006

What's it about Tess? I don't recognise the title?

I'm going to see Aftermath on Wednesday.

Keira Knightley.

I just want people to like me. smile.gif

+Quote this post
Sydney11
post 4th March 2019, 06:17 AM
Post #526
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

KARREN BRADY You’re in for a treat with Celebrity Apprentice for Comic Relief — it’s worth the ten-year wait
As well as bringing money to a brilliant cause, it's highly entertaining viewing with some top notch players

By Karren Brady
2nd March 2019, 10:46 pmUpdated: 2nd March 2019, 10:46 pm

GOSH, it’s been a long week. So now for some good news.

Are you ready? The first Celebrity Apprentice for ten years is back. It’s coming soon . . . and it’s going to be ruddy marvellous.

You're in for a treat with Celebrity Apprentice for Comic Relief — it's worth the ten-year wait

I don’t think I’m giving too much away when I say there will be some big personalities trying to work as a team. And that’s always seriously entertaining.

But also, the thing about The Apprentice is that none of the celebs realise when they sign up that it is probably the single most full-on thing they will ever do in their life.

How do I know this? I was a ­contestant in 2007 (but also, I’ve now sat in almost every chair in that boardroom — candidate, interviewer and now Lord Sugar’s aide).

And when Lord Sugar asked me if I would be on the Comic Relief show, I honestly thought: “How hard can it be?” How wrong I was.

The girls asked me to be their project leader and we all quickly found out that you don’t know how much you will do for charity until you are part of an event raising money for Comic Relief. There is almost no limit.

Also, it’s hard to do justice to the exhaustion. We were on the go from 5am until midnight. I was surviving on about two hours’ sleep a night.

Probably my most vivid memory of the 2007 show is cleaning two tonne of squid — what we misguidedly decided to serve at the fun fair we were organising. I was the only one who knew how to clean squid.

As well as bringing money to a brilliant cause, it’s highly entertaining viewing

Plus, as project manager I decided to take most of the rubbish jobs myself. And cleaning squid is very messy, as each one squirts ink.

Just when I was pretty much ­covered in the stuff, I got a call from Trinny Woodall, who’d gone home to put her kids to bed.

She said there was a party at PR guru Matthew Freud’s house and I had to join her to canvas the room for donations. While she turned up looking — and smelling — divine I had to rush there straight from the iamspamspamami stinking of fish.

But boy was it worth it — we raised £1million. Oh, and let the records show that £856,000 of that was raised by the girls — with the help of some very generous friends.

As well as bringing money to a brilliant cause, it’s highly entertaining viewing. And this year is going to be top notch, with some amazing players.

The girls’ team consists of Amanda Holden, Ayda Williams, Kelly Hoppen, Rachel Johnson and Tameka Empson. The boys’ team is Omid Djalili, Richard Arnold, Russell Kane, Rylan Clark-Neal and Sam Allardyce. Their task is a ­cabaret-themed event.

Sam Allardyce, former England football boss, was also my football manager at West Ham for several years and he was very, shall we say, authoritarian. But during this process he had on a hairnet and was making canapes — and, ahem, wore a bright neon dress with panache.

I can reveal Claude Littner had a much better time than me overseeing the girls’ team. They were unbelievably dynamic, organised and focused.

Meanwhile, the boys were all ­wandering around saying, ‘Er, what do we do?’ Believe me, it took all my willpower to hold my tongue and not try to get them organised.

While the girls struggled to hold their ticket price, the boys stood firm and Simon Cowell put huge pressure on Ayda and Amanda with a surprise demand for the girls.

But at the end of the day, one major donation to either team means anyone can win, organised or not.

There is a jaw-dropping moment when one of the boys “entertains” the audience with balloons strategically placed to hide his, ahem, “three-piece suite” as Lord Sugar puts it. And when the balloons pop . . . you won’t believe what you have just witnessed.

After the task, back in the boardroom, Claude was full of enthusiasm about how fantastic the girls were and what a brilliant time he’d had.

I said nothing. When Rylan asked if I had anything to say, I said: “Plenty — and none of it good.”

One thing I will say, though, is they were all tremendous sports.

They would have done anything for the charity. And I mean anything. I could hardly watch at one point. It really is laugh-out-loud funny.

Boy is this show going to be worth the ten-year wait.

Celebrity Apprentice for Comic Relief is on BBC1 on March 7 and 8.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/8548332/celeb...worth-the-wait/

+Quote this post
Laura130262
post 5th March 2019, 12:31 AM
Post #527
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

It sounds like it will be good laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Sydney11
post 5th March 2019, 05:13 AM
Post #528
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(Laura130262 @ Mar 5 2019, 12:31 AM) *
It sounds like it will be good laugh.gif

it's usually very competitive & great fun . I wonder if Robbie will perform on the show unsure.gif

+Quote this post
Sydney11
post 6th March 2019, 11:20 PM
Post #529
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Do not forget Celebrity Apprentice tomorrow night smile.gif

+Quote this post
Laura130262
post 7th March 2019, 12:14 AM
Post #530
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(Sydney11 @ Mar 6 2019, 11:20 PM) *
Do not forget Celebrity Apprentice tomorrow night smile.gif

Is it tomorrow night and Friday Tess?

I'm out tomorrow night - will have to watch on Catchup.

I went to see Aftermath tonight with Keira Knightley. It was excellent.

+Quote this post
Sydney11
post 7th March 2019, 05:27 AM
Post #531
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Celebrity Apprentice: Ayda Field furious as co-stars brand Robbie Williams 'unimpressive' rolleyes.gif

The X Factor star, 39, becomes very defensive of her singer husband during Celebrity Apprentice this evening

Ayda Field is left raging tonight after husband Robbie Wlliams is branded an "unimpressive" addition to their charity line-up.

The X Factor star, 39, becomes incredibly defensive over her husband, who she tries to get to perform at their auction event on Celebrity Apprentice for Comic Relief's Red Nose Day.

She even admits she wants to "rip the phone out of their hands and beat them with it" after delivering the shocking insult.

After the women's team are told by Lord Sugar to organise a cabaret event at Cafe de Paris, Ayda calls Robbie to try and get him to go to the event, which they decide will be a jungle theme.

"I've never leaned on Robbie for anything so I feel slightly guilty," she says.

The girls are tasked with organising a charity cabaret event

But it looks like she might rescind that offer after the sub team, comprised of Tameka Empson , Rachel Johnson and Sadie Frost, say that they struggled to sell tickets because people were "unimpressed" by the line-up.

In the car with team leader Kelly Hoppen and Amanda Holden, she rants: "They said the guys weren't impressed with the line-up! I wanted to rip the phone out of their hands and beat these guys with the telephone.

"I mean what do they want? Do they want god to some down and serve them crudities?"

The girls are dealt an early blow earlier on when rival team leader Rylan Clark manages to trick them into over-spending their budget on an aerial hoop.

And Ayda is left upset when she discovers that Rachel also sold a man a table for £10,000 so long as Robbie serenaded their table.

"My poor husband," she fumes.

Will she still want Robbie to perform?

*Celebrity Apprentice airs tonight at 9pm on BBC One

https://www.irishmirror.ie/tv/celebrity-app...urious-14097221

+Quote this post
Sydney11
post 7th March 2019, 05:31 AM
Post #532
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(Laura130262 @ Mar 7 2019, 12:14 AM) *
Is it tomorrow night and Friday Tess?

I'm out tomorrow night - will have to watch on Catchup.

I went to see Aftermath tonight with Keira Knightley. It was excellent.

Thursday & Friday Laura , should be fun

+Quote this post
Sydney11
post 8th March 2019, 05:34 AM
Post #533
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Ayda Williams somehow managed to book husband Robbie to sing at the Girls team’s ‘cabaret’ night. But the Boys were after Cher, the Rolling Stones, and ‘three men waving their willies’ on CA

The naked guys were hilarious with their balloons hiding their dignity , the guests in the room did not see the funny side of it, you should have seen their faces laugh.gif, I hope to find a video later

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/artic...mic-Relief.html

+Quote this post
Laura130262
post 9th March 2019, 12:09 AM
Post #534
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(Sydney11 @ Mar 8 2019, 05:34 AM) *
Ayda Williams somehow managed to book husband Robbie to sing at the Girls team’s ‘cabaret’ night. But the Boys were after Cher, the Rolling Stones, and ‘three men waving their willies’ on CA

The naked guys were hilarious with their balloons hiding their dignity , the guests in the room did not see the funny side of it, you should have seen their faces laugh.gif, I hope to find a video later
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/artic...mic-Relief.html

Looking forward to watching this in full tomorrow. smile.gif

+Quote this post
Laura130262
post 9th March 2019, 03:35 PM
Post #535
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

There are loads of reasons why I'm a Robbie fan and watching Celebrity Apprentice reminded me of one of them - that he is so lovely as a man.

Just got on with the job, raised loads of money, no ego, just does it.

He has such a beautiful soul and I love him for it. wub.gif

Thought Ayda came across really lovely too. smile.gif

+Quote this post
Laura130262
post 12th March 2019, 12:27 AM
Post #536
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Does anybody else watch Fleabag on BBCIII?

It's funny. Not PC though. laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Sydney11
post 19th March 2019, 08:22 PM
Post #537
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Derry Girls tonigh on Ch4 , storyline abut they trying to get tickets for Take That in Belfast, should be very funny ..

+Quote this post
Sydney11
post 28th March 2019, 07:35 PM
Post #538
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Home > Tv > Today's TV Highlights > Mission Ignition
Mission Ignition
Sat 20:30

New series. Two teams of motoring enthusiasts, advised by Take That's Howard Donald and IndyCar champion Dario Franchitti, are challenged to reassemble a classic car from components. The first group to rebuild the vehicle and start the engine gets to keep it. The first episode features three members of the British Women's Racing driver club working on a Porsche 944 and three race car instructors from Bedford assembling a Lotus Elan.

+Quote this post
Sydney11
post 31st March 2019, 08:02 PM
Post #539
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Laura, have you been watching Race Across The World on BBC 2 , it's really good ..

+Quote this post
Laura130262
post 31st March 2019, 11:09 PM
Post #540
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(Sydney11 @ Mar 31 2019, 08:02 PM) *
Laura, have you been watching Race Across The World on BBC 2 , it's really good ..

No Tess although I've heard good things about it.

Line of Duty series 5 started tonight - it's good cool.gif

+Quote this post

37 Pages V  « < 25 26 27 28 29 > » 
This thread is locked.Create a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 24th April 2024, 01:14 AM