BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Delta Goodrem: The Singles Rate - Results, I lost my faith in love, tonight I believe again
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
JosephBoone
post 21st September 2015, 02:12 PM
Post #1
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
Pronouns: he/him
User: 13,530

18 of you rated and now the time has come for the results! Predict away ~

I Don't Care
Born To Try
Lost Without You
Innocent Eyes
Not Me, Not I
Predictable
Out Of The Blue
Mistaken Identity
Almost Here (with Brian McFadden)
A Little Too Late
Be Strong
Together We Are One
Flawed
In This Life
Believe Again
You Will Only Break My Heart
I Can't Break It To My Heart
Sitting On Top Of The World
Dancing With A Broken Heart
Wish You Were Here
Heart Hypnotic
Love Thy Will Be Done
Only Human
Wings
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 21st September 2015, 11:20 PM
Post #2
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
User: 3,217

I'm ready *.*

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 22nd September 2015, 07:50 PM
Post #3
Group icon

24 6.25 Love Thy Will Be Done

No shocks really as Love Thy Will Be Done bombs out in last place. The track is a cover of a Martika song that Delta released to promote her tour with Andrea Bocelli last year. Whilst the original was an Australian #1, this became Delta's 2nd lowest charting single, only making it to #59. This definitely deserves to be last in my opinion, not a very exciting track and I'd rather forget it happened, oops. Additionally, it was the only song in the rate to get a -1, from Joe!

23 6.86 I Don't Care

I Don't Care was Delta's debut single, and you'd be forgiven for forgetting it entirely because it's absolutely nothing like her later material and only charted at #64 in Australia. The track could almost be an early Britney Spears track in fact, it's quite bubblegum pop, but it failed to catch on and Delta's album was shelved. The song is also a cover, of an Angela Via song.

22 7.08 Only Human

The lowest track to not be a cover, Only Human completes the set of Delta's three lowest charting singles all being in the bottom 3. Only Human was written and recorded for Delta's return to Neighbours for its 30th anniversary. Despite a performance launching it into the top 100 on UK iTunes briefly, it only charted at #46 in Australia. Not a huge loss imo, it's a pleasant track but that's about it sad.gif Whether it will be included on Delta's 5th studio album is currently unknown but Wings is said to be the lead single.

21 7.08 Flawed (more 9.5s)

Released only as a single in Japan, Flawed never charted or even got released elsewhere in the world. It was recorded alongside another new track, Never Fades Away, for the Japanese album Innocent Eyes (a mixture of the first two worldwide albums). It charted at #1 on the Japanese download chart, if that means anything at all laugh.gif I personally love the track and wish it were higher, even if it's no shock that it's so low really.

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post 22nd September 2015, 07:55 PM
Post #4
Group icon
Hello?
User: 116

I ADORE Flawed and love Only Human and, to a lesser extent, I Don't Care. Don't really care about Love Thy Will Be Done although it was nice enough for a couple of weeks, just a little unnecessary really.

+Quote this post
Nina West
post 22nd September 2015, 09:17 PM
Post #5
Group icon
We're all Glitter and Tears in the Moonlight...
User: 19,846

No shocks here so far, but "Love Thy Will Be Done" was a decent cover, and it does sound a lot like Martika's version, well almost a carbon copy. Not really much to say on the other 3, but "I Don't Care" was quite an interesting debut, never knew it existed until this rate.

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 22nd September 2015, 10:13 PM
Post #6
Group icon

20 7.28 A Little Too Late

A Little Too Late was the fourth single released from Mistaken Identity, and was the lowest charting of the four eligible tracks (Be Strong couldn't chart, more in that in just a bit), becoming the first Delta single since I Don't Care to miss the top 10 in Australia. The track doesn't seem very well regarded amongst Delta fans so I'm not shocked it's so low but it's a nice track anyway I think.

19 7.44 I Can't Break It To My Heart

cry.gif My favourite Delta song crashes out at 19th sad.gif Despite two 11s from Joe and I, many average scores were thrown towards I Can't Break It To My Heart, which was released as the fourth and final single from Delta the album. Rich and I often correlate on Delta opinions but this is one where we're at complete opposite ends of the spectrum with I think laugh.gif BOO at you all.

18 7.58 Be Strong

Be Strong was the fifth and final single from Mistaken Identity, and is a piano ballad written for Delta's friend Belinda Emmett who also battled cancer at a similar time to her (sadly, she didn't survive and passed away in 2006). Be Strong was given a digital-only release, and at this time, digital downloads didn't count to the chart in Australia, so it was ineligible. Physicals are extremely rare and only 100 were pressed.

17 7.61 You Will Only Break My Heart

Completing a pattern of two Mistaken Identity and two Delta singles in this section, You Will Only Break My Heart is next to drop out. The song was the third single from the Delta album and was her lowest charting single since I Don't Care, peaking one place lower than A Little Too Late at #14.

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post 22nd September 2015, 10:48 PM
Post #7
Group icon
Hello?

Be Strong has always been really inspiring to me, although I didn't really expect it to finish any higher than this.

I'm afraid I've just never quite connected with ICBITMH sad.gif

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 22nd September 2015, 10:58 PM
Post #8
Group icon

I'm not sure why it clicked with me so much but it did, a stunning song imo! I guess it would be boring if we all agreed though heehee.gif

Be Strong really is beautiful, I wish it did better here because it's probably in my Delta top 5!

+Quote this post
Martyn
post 23rd September 2015, 11:06 AM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 66

Whooops forgot to do this.

+Quote this post
Regina
post 23rd September 2015, 11:16 AM
Post #10
Group icon
Raining Shitter
User: 5,572

Joseph name and SHAME those who gave I Can't Break It To My Heart low scores sleep.gif so we can burn them.

I forgot to vote in this, but it oulda gotten a 10, stunning song.

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post 23rd September 2015, 11:26 AM
Post #11
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51

Love 'Be Strong', so so beautiful.

I like ICBITMH but I always thought it should have been called 'If It's Alright' because A) the amount of times it's repeated in the chorus and B) its actual title is horribly corny.

This post has been edited by mr_pmt: 23rd September 2015, 11:27 AM

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post 23rd September 2015, 11:27 AM
Post #12
Group icon
Hello?

QUOTE(JosephStyles @ Sep 22 2015, 11:58 PM) *
I'm not sure why it clicked with me so much but it did, a stunning song imo! I guess it would be boring if we all agreed though heehee.gif

Be Strong really is beautiful, I wish it did better here because it's probably in my Delta top 5!

I like it, don't get me wrong, but it was overshadowed by other songs on Delta for me.

Be Strong is so gorgeous but I always forget it was a single, I do remember singing it on Des & Mel randomly though laugh.gif

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post 23rd September 2015, 11:29 AM
Post #13
Group icon
Hello?

Think I took the afternoon of college to watch this, the obsession was real laugh.gif

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 23rd September 2015, 05:49 PM
Post #14
Group icon

16 8.03 Dancing With A Broken Heart

Released as the second single from Child of the Universe, Dancing With a Broken Heart wasn't much of a chart hit in Australia. It charted at #15 and yet again, she achieved her lowest chart position since I Don't Care (although considerably better than what Only Human and Love Thy Will Be Done achieved!). It's also the lowest of the three COTU singles in this rate.

15 8.15 Together We Are One

Together We Are One was performed at the 2006 Commonwealth Games opening ceremony by Delta, who wrote the song specifically for the occasion. The track was then released as a commercial single due to the overwhelming positive response and charted at #2 in Australia! Sadly, the track never got a proper release outside of Australia, like every Delta song that followed it (and the couple beforehand) cry.gif I personally love this track, it could almost make a good X Factor winning single IMO!

14 8.22 Heart Hypnotic

Released a few months after the Child of the Universe album, it became clear that Delta wasn't releasing anything more from that album when this got announced. Heart Hypnotic was a spontaneous release after Delta wrote the track with Ryan Tedder and wanted to put it out. As a result, it's the only Delta single to have no physical release to date (gahh the inconsistency). It reached #7 in Australia following a performance on The Voice Australia. The track is a departure from Delta's usual singer/songwriter style and is mostly a dance track, until it gets to a slightly weird outro which is a complete change in pace laugh.gif

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 25th September 2015, 01:13 PM
Post #15
Group icon

13 8.39 Mistaken Identity

Mistaken Identity is the title track of Delta's second album, and was released as the second single in Australia (but skipped over in the UK). It was her first single to miss the #1 spot since I Don't Care but still charted at a respectable #7. Its lyrical theme is notably darker than her prior singles, and it features an account of how Delta's outlook on life changed following her cancer experience. Delta has stated that she fought the record label for this to be released.

12 8.39 Predictable (one 11)

Predictable got an 11 from Liam because he felt it would need it more, and sure enough, it helps it be one place higher and wins it the tie over Mistaken Identity kink.gif The track was the fifth and final single from Innocent Eyes and is the first song from that album to drop out. It was skipped over in the UK sadly but topped the Australian chart and secured Delta the most #1 singles from one single album, with 5. Numerous albums are tied in 2nd with 3 #1 singles housed in them. The single was released with three different picture discs to collect, although it didn't receive much promotion due to Delta's battle with Hodgkin's lymphoma, and this also resulted in the lack of a proper music video.

11 8.53 Almost Here (with Brian McFadden)

Her last hit in the UK, Almost Here sees Delta duet with ex-Westlife member Brian McFadden, who she went on to have a long-lasting relationship and even an engagement with. Almost Here returned Delta to #1 in Australia after Mistaken Identity's #7 peak, and also matched her highest UK peak with Born To Try's #3. The song was the first of two duets between the pair, although the second one, Mistakes, was considerably less successful and charted at #41.

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 25th September 2015, 01:14 PM
Post #16
Group icon

YOUR TOP 10

Believe Again
Born To Try
In This Life
Innocent Eyes
Lost Without You
Not Me, Not I
Out Of The Blue
Sitting On Top Of The World
Wings
Wish You Were Here

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post 25th September 2015, 01:19 PM
Post #17
Group icon
Break the tension

I love every song in that top 10. wub.gif What a selection.

Glad to see 'Wish You Were Here' make it, so beautiful.

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 25th September 2015, 01:24 PM
Post #18
Group icon

It really is a stunning top 10 wub.gif Wish You Were Here is beautiful, one of her very best for me!

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 29th September 2015, 07:52 PM
Post #19
Group icon

10 8.75 Believe Again

This is personally quite a shock for me, I had this pegged down as a winning contender! Nonetheless, with a strong average, Believe Again only just about makes the top 10. The second single from Delta, it almost provided her with her 9th Australian #1 (an accolade with later went to Wings), eventually settling for #2. The song seems very well received from pretty much everything and if Dan hadn't rated and given this a 3, it would actually be top 5!

9 8.89 Wish You Were Here

Wish You Were Here was the third and final single from Child of the Universe, and saw a return to classic Delta. The track is a stripped back piano ballad, and a tribute to Delta's friend Liam O'Flaherty, who was killed in a motorcycle accident in July 2009. About the writing process for the song, she said "I tried a million different ways to write this song. I had to have a song about this moment in my life of losing one of my best friends. Then on his actual birthday, it was two years later, I said I’m not leaving this day without having the song about it. You can try a million ways, I wrote probably 20 songs about it, and then on his actual birthday, I wrote this song". Chart-wise, the song returned Delta to the top 5 after Dancing With a Broken Heart only got to #15, peaking at #5.

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post 29th September 2015, 07:56 PM
Post #20
Group icon
Break the tension

Wish You Were Here wub.gif

It's actually heartbreakingly beautiful.

+Quote this post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 04:52 AM