BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
> -

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Chart Rules Question
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Martyn
post Oct 25 2015, 03:27 PM
Post #1
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 66

First off, sorry if this is in the wrong place, I couldn't think of a better place for it.

Recently I've read a couple of things on here, coupled with something from yesterday, which gives me this question. Can songs that aren't available for purchase not be promoted/preformed before they are available. As apparently the reason Fleur East didn't perform at GAY last night is because she changed her release date and UK chart rules mean it can't be promoted before it's released.

Sorry if that's not worded great.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
post Oct 25 2015, 03:29 PM
Post #2
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 19,931

QUOTE(Martyn @ Oct 25 2015, 03:27 PM) *
First off, sorry if this is in the wrong place, I couldn't think of a better place for it.

Recently I've read a couple of things on here, coupled with something from yesterday, which gives me this question. Can songs that aren't available for purchase not be promoted/preformed before they are available. As apparently the reason Fleur East didn't perform at GAY last night is because she changed her release date and UK chart rules mean it can't be promoted before it's released.

I know what you mean - it seems that songs aren't allowed to premier officially before on/air release dates, beyond previews/leaks. However, held back releases seem like it's fine.

+Quote Post
AcerBen
post Oct 25 2015, 03:36 PM
Post #3
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 3,429
   No Gallery Pics

It's got nothing to do with chart rules.

+Quote Post
Graham A
post Oct 25 2015, 09:47 PM
Post #4
BuzzJack Climber
Member No.: 20,299
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Martyn @ Oct 25 2015, 04:27 PM) *

There are no chart rules on that subject. Every song can be promoted and usually is before it's official released. Radio often get records before they are released. It's only recent that On Air On Sale has become accepted as normal in the UK. Even then certain DJ's might get an exclusive of a new record before other stations get it and it goes on sale.
The only rules that would effect a record are those concerned with dodgy ways of promoting records. Giving out tea-shirts, tickets to shows and other merchandise with records, often free!

If she did pull out due to a record not being released, it's entirely down to the artist or management of her label. They might not want her to sing at some venue with no record to go out and buy.

This post has been edited by Graham A: Oct 25 2015, 09:48 PM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th March 2024 - 12:23 AM