BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Twin Peaks, in real life there is no algebra
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Cal
post 14th September 2014, 07:20 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 5,964

Posting this in here because it kind of incorporates everything from the music to the actors to Frost and Lynch themselves. We need a place to discuss this absolute gem of a show. It appeared in 1990 so I was only a fresh baby but I remember watching it growing up and being absolutely terrified. The music, the setting and the characters create such an eerie feel that I don't think has ever been achieved in any TV show since. Such a beautiful and crazy show at the same time. I know JohnK is a fan but are there any more loons out there? Are you an Agent Cooper fan? A Log Lady lover? An Audrey Horne obsessive? Are you Nadine and your only goal in life is to have silent runners on your household drapes? Are you a Bob fan and just PLAIN SICK? Post in here and share your love for twisty town affairs.

Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post 14th September 2014, 07:29 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 17,376

loved Twin Peaks, have the season 1 box set. David Lynch was great in those days, though the second series was more patchy when it wasn't Lynch-led, and I really hated the ending....

+Quote this post
Suedehead2
post 14th September 2014, 07:32 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 3,272

The first series was brilliant but the second lost its way somewhat. The music was also fantastic.

+Quote this post
Qween
post 14th September 2014, 07:34 PM
Post #4
Group icon
Schlagerdrottningen
User: 11,709

The theme tune is amazing, as is the Laura Palmer motif they use a lot in S1. I actually love the whole thing, but I'm often find of faintly ridiculous and nonsensical story telling, which is very much what S2 goes in for, especially post REVEAL.

+Quote this post
Cal
post 14th September 2014, 07:38 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 5,964

The REVEAL was amazing but yeah, it got quite shit after that which is a shame. There are rumours of a reboot, but I'm not sure if that's a good thing seeing as Fire Walk With Me was a total letdown.

+Quote this post
Qween
post 14th September 2014, 07:47 PM
Post #6
Group icon
Schlagerdrottningen
User: 11,709

I'm not a sure reboot would do anything other than remind us of why virtually nothing in that mould has ever worked as well as it did.

+Quote this post
Severin
post 14th September 2014, 11:00 PM
Post #7
Group icon
Mansonette
User: 9,872

Twin Peaks remains in my top 2 favourite TV shows of all time (unless Game Of Thrones screws it up and it goes back to #1). Never seen anything else quite like it beforehand and it was compulsive viewing back in the day.

As far the Laura Palmer thing it was the studio that insisted on a resolution to that plot. Lynch wanted it to NEVER be resolved and for the show to run indefinitely.

Fave character?

I guess I always had a thing for Shelley.

Lucy was cool too.

I recommend anyone who liked the show should check out Carnivale too. It's different setting wise but has a similar brilliance about it.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 04:23 AM